toxicneon

Game of Thrones

Spoiler

But still... it can't be Viserion as it isnt snowy. 

53 minutes ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Hmm I disagree with you @andromedae I thought that Jon x dany made sense, especially towards the latter episodes. Sure Davos' line "staring at her heart" was a bit dumb but everything else felt right.

And as for the plan it does make sense

Hide contents

Cercei is cercei, she's never gonna help them, and they need help, unless there is solid proof of the threat. And the only reason she wouldn't would be if she was truly insane... which unfortunately she is.

Spoiler

To me it doesn't. I'm allowed to have a different opinion indeed. I thought this season lacked complexity and struggle to even out the good events. Nice things simply...happened with no adequate build-up throughout the season. If there was a build-up of tension, it was from previous seasons for the most-part.

She doesn't take the threat seriously, but that's only to be expected, considering who she is. Tyrion knows Cersei. He knows she'll go to extremes and will be unlikely to cooperate, she has done so before, especially when she doesn't get her way. If she hasn't been cooperative before, why should she be now? Especially if it comes to working together with an enemy like Daenerys and depleting her armed forces against the White Walker threat. She still wants to keep the iron throne, so nothing else matters to her more than defending it from threats she considers true. That's not the right way to convince Cersei, she sees the White Walker but she still doesn't understand, how many they are, how far they can go, and how dangerous they truly are because she's never faced them in battle. A single White Walker is hardly a representation of how real the threat is. What consumes her is the now, and she's been blinded by how she feels like she's been run into a corner by the other houses and she'll fight like hell to get out. And tell me, When has Cersei been preoccupied for the greater good? She'd rather have them do the fighting for her, deplete their own armies, so she can finish them off when they return from the north.

It was a dumb plan because it also could have cost them Jon, without him, there is no North alliance, he's the glue sticking everyone together, Wildlings and Houses alike. He is also the key to an alliance with Dany, I do doubt Sansa would bend the knee readily. It was a dumb plan because they went on foot, ready to perhaps face an entire army of White Walkers, with no horses to flee and no way to obtain help other than sending someone running to the wall. Very impractical if you ask me. And what kind of support would be received? The most dangerous kind of course, the one that puts Danearys at risk as well, which is why she lost Viserion in the first place. They never thought "What Could Go Wrong", no kind of back-up plan, and never factored in the risks, as well as the low probability of having a good return on their investment. They also had no guarantee of convincing Cersei, and Tyrion, knowing who she is, should have known of the possibility of Cersei declining to help would be significant. A high risk, with a not as high probability of success and little back-up. So a bad plan in my eyes.

Is anyone waiting for the 6th book? I'm so excited! But how can books and series have the same end? They are so different :unsure:

So I finally saw this latest season, and

Spoiler

I want that ice guy's zombification success rate.  :P 

I haven't watched the latest season yet, but I did pick up the books the other day and tried to pick up where I left off. It has me kind of in the mood to keep watching, but I'm doing that thing where I don't want to get sucked into it because then I'll be disappointed when there's no more to watch. :P Which is silly, but I am pretty silly so that's no surprise. 

Has anyone else found any other shows that are similar, by the way? I'm always looking for something else to watch once I finish to scratch that medieval itch, but nothing else quite hits the spot. 

4 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Soooo...

Who's ready for tomorrow?

My bithday and a chance to start watching the newest GOT episode? PERFECT *evil laughs*

Amazing episode!

Spoiler

All the reunions! So sweet!

I'm glad that we got the reveals of the deaths of Sam's father and brother and Jon's heritage out early. Once they've got the politics and drama sorted out they can get back to kicking White Walker butt. Plus hopefully Danny will finally learn not to burn first and ask questions later. Doubt she's ever had someone burst into tears on her before. 

Jon rode a dragon! And it was hilariously awesome XD

Bran and Jaime's reunion was not one I was expecting though. Awkwarrrrrd.

Spoiler

I don't think Dany's going to take to the news that her nephew, who already bent the knee to her, has suddenly more claim to the throne than she, considering she spent all this time building herself up as Queen. I hope this doesn't make her an enemy of John's. Also, I really wonder how the rest of Winterfell/ the North is going to take that their "king" is really KING but also a Targaryen... (well, also a Stark, but... well. We'll see!) I could see the marriage between John/Aegon and Dany being a good political move, especially since it still stays in line with "preserve the bloodline" thing that the Targaryens have going on. 

Ugh I wish Sansa and Dany could get along :( they're my favorite

Amazing first episode! Cannot wait for the next and am glad that they will get longer as we go. So much to pack in this season. 

17 hours ago, hazeh said:
  Hide contents

I don't think Dany's going to take to the news that her nephew, who already bent the knee to her, has suddenly more claim to the throne than she, considering she spent all this time building herself up as Queen. I hope this doesn't make her an enemy of John's. Also, I really wonder how the rest of Winterfell/ the North is going to take that their "king" is really KING but also a Targaryen... (well, also a Stark, but... well. We'll see!) I could see the marriage between John/Aegon and Dany being a good political move, especially since it still stays in line with "preserve the bloodline" thing that the Targaryens have going on. 

Ugh I wish Sansa and Dany could get along :( they're my favorite

Spoiler

On one hand everyone is shipping them, but on the other this is GoT. I would not be surprised if Jon or Dany do not live to see the end of the show. 

The dragon scenes... Oh I have so much love for it!!!

Spoiler

Oh wow. Was anyone else squeeing like mad when Jaime knighted Brienne? OMG my heart. 

Hide contents

I can't wait for the battle in ep3. My fiance thinks either Jon or Dany will die, but somehow I don't think so...why would they bring Jon back only to kill him, or focus on Dany the whole story only to kill her? I will legit pitch a fit if they kill off Danaerys. She's one of my favorite characters, right up there with Arya. 

Also... whatever happened to the dragon's three heads? Wonder if they'll get Dany's third dragon back somehow.

Anyone else itching to see an epic dragonback battle, Dany vs. the Night King?

Spoiler

I doubt they can resurrect a dragon that has already been zombiefied D:

I'm tired of seeing so many people bash Dany. Have they not been watching the show? First of all incest is not going to bother her in the slightest. Until she was sold to Drogo she would have believed she was going to have to marry her psycho brother. Jon/Aegon is a definite improvement. 

Secondly of course she is going to be upset by the reveal. Finding out that your entire life has been a lie is not something you get over in thirty seconds. Even 'Right Proper' Jon struggled to come to terms with the news and spent a fair portion of the episode avoiding her. Give her time to digest the earth-shattering revelation that she has nothing after everything she has been through.

Thirdly, yeah she's being a hardass, but everything she has learned since season 1 has taught her that she needs to be. Any time she tries to play nice or act merciful it bites her in the butt. 

1 hour ago, Dohaerys said:
  Hide contents

image0.jpg

out of context spoilers for e2 are hilarious

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, I'm HOWLIN

side note, 

Spoiler

damn it I just wanted Sansa and Dany to get married and life happily ever after is that too much to ask

14 hours ago, Fortune86 said:
  Hide contents

Oh wow. Was anyone else squeeing like mad when Jaime knighted Brienne? OMG my heart. 

I was literally crying, yes. 😭❤️

Spoiler

That episode was great, I really really liked it. It sets the mood for the episode to come and I love that we got to see how everyone spends their "last day on earth". Totally would have join the company for some wine, fire and songs btw.

Wow. What an episode that was. Ep 4 opening going to be like

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_p7wybcECki1rx92os_500.gif

Though in all seriousness I want it to open with 

Spoiler

Jon flying to Deepwood Motte on Rhaegal, landing in the courtyard, punching out Lord Glover and then leaving again without a word. (That's if they are still alive. Is Deepwood further South or North to Winterfell?) 

I literally squealed when Lyanna got smacked aside by the WightGiant. I cheered when she got back up again and when she stabbed it in the eye. Strength of ten men indeed. She will be missed.

Poor Edd. D:

And Jorah! I knew he probably would not make it, but was still sad to see him fall. Even Drogon mourned him.

And how scary was it when Drogon got covered in Wights? Legit thought we were going to lose him there.

Hopefully the Dany haters will shut up now. Our girl wasn't going to go down without a fight. Real proud of her when she grabbed that dragonglass sword and did what she could. 

But damn, Arya. Did not see that coming at all. Holy fudge. 

Brienne, Jaime, Pod and Sam are all alive huzzah! But did anyone see Tormund and Gendry? 

Spoiler

Umm The glovers were the castle Tormund and Ed went to in ep 1, they're long gone.

Episode was super dark, literally couldn't see it.
Amazed so many people survived that one.

Felt like Jon really didn't do enough, he should've at least had some fights with the white walkers who did nothing all episode. As hyped as I was when Arya did the deed it did feel like she took Jons kill.

Oh my word! What an episode.

The gasp's I've made the. "Oh no's". The what the fudge.

It was great episode in all... For me it was that is.