xFlame990

Rebecca Black

I think people don't like her because they're jealous of her fame and believe that she didn't deserve it. It's kind of contradictory because the people who curse her are the ones who brought her to fame. It's really petty, too, because they watch the video and then insult her.

The backlash against Rebecca Black sort of reveals a negative side of human nature. I personally think that she deserves to be just as famous as any singer because pop songs are just as repetitive and meaningless as "Friday," they just have more references to sex which makes them more popular and accepted. Also, people who are "good singers" are usually good because they can sing challenging music, which is usually less popular classical music. Pop stars just look attractive, have connections, and are somehow relatable. Almost no pop star can actually sing, they all just auto-tune. The singing part is the least important about them, now that I think about it.

I think people don't like her because they're jealous of her fame and believe that she didn't deserve it. It's kind of contradictory because the people who curse her are the ones who brought her to fame. It's really petty, too, because they watch the video and then insult her.

Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.

In this case, it's mostly the U JELLY? aspect.

Not gonna lie, I feel like a lot of the people who aspire to fame would rather be famous for being astonishingly good at their craft rather than the opposite.

It is ironic that the by saying she shouldn't be famous people are building her fame, but there isn't a contradiction here.

How's it petty to insult her after watching the video though? Y'need to know what you're talking about in order to judge it.

Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.

In this case, it's mostly the U JELLY? aspect.

Not gonna lie, I feel like a lot of the people who aspire to fame would rather be famous for being astonishingly good at their craft rather than the opposite.

It is ironic that the by saying she shouldn't be famous people are building her fame, but there isn't a contradiction here.

How's it petty to insult her after watching the video though? Y'need to know what you're talking about in order to judge it.

Excuse my incorrect diction, then.

Yes, I stated that's why people are jealous: because she is famous, the ones who made her famous are not, yet she is not any more talented than those who made her famous. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, though. I agree that people want to be famous for better reasons than the one she is famous for.

Oh, you think I haven't watched the video several times/heard the song/watched numerous parodies of it? I should have been more specific. It is petty to state that she should "cut herself and die" and she should "go anorexic to look pretty."

Likewise, it's callous and mean to say "how's it petty to insult her..." There is absolutely nothing wrong with her. Insulting her because her music video is bad is cruel and unnecessary (although, unfortunately, not unusual). From what I've read, her parents paid some company just to feature their daughter (Rebecca) in it, and she had no say as to what the lyrics would be or how the video would turn out, she just sang the pre-written lyrics.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS!

Although Sunday does win bonus points for the rap. "Oh look, there's a tree! And a firetruck! And another car! That car is orange!"

OH GAWD. That was terrible.

The rap was funny though.

Personally, I don't like Rebecca Black.

Terrible song, terrible lyrics, and a bunch of 13 year old kids. Exactly what I want in a music video. *sigh*

The singing reminds me of kidz bop.

Blah.

I don't think she totally sucks; I've heard worse. The video was very bland and meaningless, and I laugh at the pics making fun of the Friday song.

At least it's better than rap. I would choose "Friday' over rap music. All they sing about is women(not in a good way) and inappropriate stuff.

Telling her to cut herself is really mean, though.

Yeah, I feel the same way. While I don't like it (as I know that a good majority of pop singers who are famous are so because they can sing- as you can tell, Auto tune doesn't do you much justice if you can't really sing in the first place), I think it's disgusting to tell ANYONE to do something horrible to themselves. I think maybe she should have had more discretion in doing this, but whatever.

Parodies and pictures are awesome, though. That's mainly why I like it xd.png

Likewise, it's callous and mean to say "how's it petty to insult her..."

Check that ellipsis. Right where you chose to cut my quote I said "after watching the video." You said it was petty to watch the video THEN insult her. I think it would be kind of stupid to not watch the video and then insult her.

Insulting people on the internet is always petty. I'm confused as to why it's petty in the context of first watching the video.

yet she is not any more talented than those who made her famous.

Hahahaha no. The Friday music video is a hundred times better than anything I could do.

Please use the edit button near the top of all your posts rather than double or triple posting.

Please also respect other users opinions. :3

I don't understand how an opinion can be fact? It's your opinion that she sucks, but it's not everyone's. How can the quality of any song be fact?

Why should it be illegal? She was just a young girl who got the chance to experience what it was like to sing in a music video. I'm quite jealous. That's a pretty awesome experience. :3

She's also a great person. The amount of memes and insults that have popped up on the internet about her have made her speak up about cyber bullying. She also donated proceeds of her song to Japan. I don't know many 14 year olds that would do that. :3

Also keep in mind she didn't write the song. She had a choice of two songs and felt that one fit her better. :3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I would have liked to know what the other song was.... >>

Sockehhh who are you addressing?

Check that ellipsis. Right where you chose to cut my quote I said "after watching the video." You said it was petty to watch the video THEN insult her. I think it would be kind of stupid to not watch  the video and then insult her.

Insulting people on the internet is always petty. I'm confused as to why it's petty in the context of first watching the video.

I didn't pay attention to where I put the ellipsis, I was just addressing your quote. Also, I think you interpreted my words in a different way then I intended. I stated that insulting, judging, and attacking her to the point of making her extremely upset because of her video is petty and should not be acceptable. A bad music video shouldn't define a person's personality, or even his or her true ability (apparently she can still sing the song pretty decently without auto-tune). I suppose it's inevitable that people would insult her for something like that, though, which is why I stated in my first post that responses to Rebecca's song reveal the negative side of human nature.

Hahahaha no. The Friday music video is a hundred times better than anything I could do.

I'm sorry to hear that, but keep in mind I was stating what I believe is a generally accepted opinion (that Rebecca Black is not an extremely talented singer). I'm sure there are numerous exceptions.

From what you've said, though, I feel like you were talking more about the video than the singing, in which case, yeah, I guess it would be hard to put together such a video (I don't really know how to use the video-making technology out there).

Sockehhh who are you addressing?

They deleted their post. :3

Although the "be polite" was addressed to everyone. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm sorry to hear that, but keep in mind I was stating what I believe is a generally accepted opinion (that Rebecca Black is not an extremely talented singer). I'm sure there are numerous exceptions.

From what you've said, though, I feel like you were talking more about the video than the singing, in which case, yeah, I guess it would be hard to put together such a video (I don't really know how to use the video-making technology out there).

I can't sing. At all. Friday is actually sort of in my super limited range, but even then I can't sing it well. I'd fail horribly at 1) the acting of the video, 2) the singing, and 3) producing it (though Rebecca Black did not produce it).

Also, no need to be sorry. I have no problems with being a terrible singer. I never said that she's extremely talented, but I would say she's at least slightly above average; or even if she isn't, saying everyone who made her famous is more talented than her is ridiculous. Never say never, right?

Last night I heard the song on youtube. I screamed my head off (not literally) But after that, youtube videos started to freeze up. Thanks a lot you stupid Rebecca Black.

I can't sing. At all. Friday is actually sort of in my super limited range, but even then I can't sing it well. I'd fail horribly at 1) the acting of the video, 2) the singing, and 3) producing it (though Rebecca Black did not produce it).

Also, no need to be sorry. I have no problems with being a terrible singer. I never said that she's extremely talented, but I would say she's at least slightly above average; or even if she isn't, saying everyone who made her famous is more talented than her is ridiculous. Never say never, right?

Oh, I see what you mean now! I agree with you, there are definitely exceptions. I was probably too general by saying "everyone." She's definitely not horrible.

Friday is good for a few laughs, not something I'd listen to regularly though. The lyrics weren't -that- bad, I've heard worse. Nothing against Rebecca Black, or the song really, I'm pretty neutral. :P

Also, has anyone heard Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon's version of the song?

lol if you type in 'terrible music' on youtube search, Rebecca Black's Friday is the first result. xd.png

lol if you type in 'terrible music' on youtube search, Rebecca Black's Friday is the first result. xd.png

I lol'd. xd.png

But Tik Tok isn't terrible! *shot*

I lol'd because it IS at the top of the list, hahahaha

While I don't like the song at all, I do feel bad for her. She's being bullied quite a lot due to one song. I'm not sure this is true, but my teacher said that she had done the song for fun as a birthday present, and it was in no way a professional music video, but it somehow made its way to the internet. Again, I have no idea if that is true.

While I don't like the song at all, I do feel bad for her. She's being bullied quite a lot due to one song. I'm not sure this is true, but my teacher said that she had done the song for fun as a birthday present, and it was in no way a professional music video, but it somehow made its way to the internet. Again, I have no idea if that is true.

Another possibility to add to the list x3

I heard someone say she wrote the song, and someone else said she and her friends bought the song and made a video for it as a joke. *shrugs*

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-sto...cyberbullying/#

:3