Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

I'm curious how you set up wi-fi. My uncle says they have wi-fi at there house, but I can't set wi-fi up on my game. I want to be able to set it up so I can send a pokemon to dream world. If I find out i can see if my mom will let me head over to mcdonalds to use there wifi, if I can, cause I live with my mom, not my uncle, and we don't have wifi xd.png

I'm curious how you set up wi-fi. My uncle says they have wi-fi at there house, but I can't set wi-fi up on my game. I want to be able to set it up so I can send a pokemon to dream world. If I find out i can see if my mom will let me head over to mcdonalds to use there wifi, if I can, cause I live with my mom, not my uncle, and we don't have wifi xd.png

From what my dad says, its not nearly that simple, and DS wifi is fussy and unreliable. I'd ask your family's tech wiz to do it.

Setting up DS Wifi is easy. And it IS reliable, if the Wifi you're using is reliable. ;P It's in the DS manual on how to set it up. Or you can Google it. Or you can just run around your DS settings and figure it out yourself.

Sigh, I see, my family tech wiz happens to be my uncle so that won't help. <.< then of course i could try google... don't know where my ds manual went... ug....

PFFFFT. I'm sorry, but what a silly mistake. x3

So, what does everyone think about the new Pokemon game that they're hinting at? Gen 3 remakes, Grey/Gray, or a new MD game I'm hoping.

*headdesk* Well that just goes to show that I shouldn't write a post first thing in the morning. *headdesk*

Edit: Oh, and for the record, I meant beginning.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

just go to "wifi settings", pres search for access point, connect, and there ya go. if theres a password ask the owners of the wifi to help

PFFFFT. I'm sorry, but what a silly mistake. x3

So, what does everyone think about the new Pokemon game that they're hinting at? Gen 3 remakes, Grey/Gray, or a new MD game I'm hoping.

I'm personally hoping for PMD3. I've been itching for a new installment, and since Ranger has already gotten its 3rd game, I figure PMD is overdue as well.

-K-

So I am wondering something.

I have a trade set up with someone that envolves a Shiny Lvl. 1 Male Ralts.

I bred this particular shiny on December, 10, 2010 on my SS.

Why then after I brought it to my Black Version does the date on its info page say 5/12/11?

Sigh, I see, my family tech wiz happens to be my uncle so that won't help. <.< then of course i could try google... don't know where my ds manual went... ug....

Keep in mind that the DS is not compatible with some wifi protocols. For example, you may want to ask your uncle if it's WPA or WEP.

Because the one that makes your DS cry also happens to be more secure for computers. I can't connect to wifi on my DS at all without plugging in that wireless USB thing into my computer and firing up Windows XP in virtualbox, because our router is using a protocol that my DS can't use. And Nintendo decided to never make a new version of the software required for that wireless dongle so you can run it on Vista and/or Win7. Has to be XP. Forever.

Edited by Lythiaren

Black and White were geared more toward the older fans who had stuck with the franchise for awhile if not the very building. They have a more mature storyline (or at least slightly darker) and older characters (if only by a few years).

I noticed that. I was actually really impressed by the storyline in comparison to the other games, but I just meant as far as the Pokemon sprites looking more adult, lol. Kind of like in Monster Hunter or something tongue.gif

Oh. You have a good point there, but I think the reason they didn't make the sprites more adult is because, while fans love to have a new adventure with their Pokemon, I'm sure there would be a lot of complaints if they changed the sprites. If you look several pages back (I'm not sure how many), there were people complaining about how some of the sprites of certain Pokemon, such as Arcanine, didn't look as good as they did in the previous generation, and wished they had used the sprite from HG and SS instead of the the one that they used. I'm sure if they changed the sprites to make them more realistic, it would be like this, but far worse.

Also, there are some Pokemon that look cute as they are, but would probably be less so if they made them more realistic. In fact, I'm sure there would be some that would be downright ugly (I once saw a realistic representation of a Wobbuffet *shudders in horror*).

True. But is it just me or have a lot of the sprites changed since version 1 and 2 to look more "kid-friendly"? I remember a lot of them not looking as "childish" (in a sense) as they have turned out in some recent games.

They definitely look a lot different. I never thought one sprite was more "adult" versus another... I just always thought that the creators were pushing the capabilities of the new systems. *shrug* I mean, the GameBoy was a fun system, but compared to the DS, it couldn't do a whole lot. laugh.gif

They definitely look a lot different. I never thought one sprite was more "adult" versus another... I just always thought that the creators were pushing the capabilities of the new systems. *shrug* I mean, the GameBoy was a fun system, but compared to the DS, it couldn't do a whole lot. laugh.gif

It played games and that was enough at the time.

Just like PS1 to PS3. Xbox to Xbox360.

It played games and that was enough at the time.

Just like PS1 to PS3. Xbox to Xbox360.

Oh of course! I still like playing games on older systems. The statement wasn't intended to sound like I didn't appreciate the oldies. smile.gif More that I believe in some games, creators are trying to see what the limits of current systems are, as they always have. Systems are just capable of more now.

Oh of course! I still like playing games on older systems. The statement wasn't intended to sound like I didn't appreciate the oldies. smile.gif More that I believe in some games, creators are trying to see what the limits of current systems are, as they always have. Systems are just capable of more now.

Of course of course. That is true.

As far as more "adult" I onnly meant stuff like the Gen 1 Arcanine vs. Piplup or something.

As far as more "adult" I onnly meant stuff like the Gen 1 Arcanine vs. Piplup or something.

Well Piplup is supposed to be a baby pokemon so thinking Piplup should have a more 'adult' sprite is funny. And not all monsters need to be vicious looking. Pokemon covers a whole range of monster types. It has your 'adult' sprites. Zebstrika for example. Gigalith, Swoobat, Excadrill, Gurdurr, ext...

Well Piplup is supposed to be a baby pokemon so thinking Piplup should have a more 'adult' sprite is funny. And not all monsters need to be vicious looking. Pokemon covers a whole range of monster types. It has your 'adult' sprites. Zebstrika for example. Gigalith, Swoobat, Excadrill, Gurdurr, ext...

I love zebstrika lol. And not too adult, I just felt like some of the pokemon have seemed... young. One of my favorite sprites is Quilava, and is not "Kick=yo-a**" scary lol.

I love zebstrika lol. And not too adult, I just felt like some of the pokemon have seemed... young. One of my favorite sprites is Quilava, and is not "Kick=yo-a**" scary lol.

All the first stage and second stage pokemon are supposed to seem young. Because they are young.

These pokemon games are so far one of two groups at the pre story game has only it's native pokemon. In any game it has the most high level trainers

8D8D8D

The Eevees people won from that game will be available May 19th! Source

I can't wait o3o

Gah. I have hatched so many stupid Zoruas T^T Does anybody want a free Zorua? They have a variety of natures, if you want a specific one I probably have it dry.gif PM if you want one.

Typhlosion looks pretty kick arse, and its just a big quilava.