Sombreon

Pokémon Black and White

Usually Japanese events transfer to America eventually though, yes?

o 3o

so hows that goons scizzor? this was once the case but as of late, i dunno.

I have beaten this game three times, no cheats, I swear! I am planning on making my team look like this this game:

Samurott

Stoutland

Archeops

Ferrothorn

Haxorus

Zekrom

I might change a few out, but that should be what I end up with. I have Black, by the way.

Oh, and can anyone else see Tokuo (White) and N end up together?

they should have stopped with the hoen region!!!!!!!!! (ruby,saphire,emrald)

Why? Black and White have far better graphics, and added in some pretty awesome pokemon.

Just ignore him. He's a 3rd Gen tard, and as such, will forever refuse to see any version, pre or post 3rd, as good as or better than the 3rd generation.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

No, I'm open to all generations of pokemon. I actually bought pearl and kind of liked it, I just don't think its needed to add another 200 pokemon but keep the game play almost exactly alike

Sorry about that. With all those exclamation points, I thought that you were one of those people who like to drop a troll post in order to stir up drama, then run from the thread never to return. My mistake.

I can see your point of view, but with each generation they do change the gameplay (if only slightly). Certain Pokemon from previous generations find themselves made obsolete either by new Pokemon of the same type or by new Pokemon (or pre-existing Pokemon that gained new moves during the generational shift) that are able to do the same job but better. Also, during the transition between 3rd gen and fourth gen, the game mechanics were changed, so that whether an attack used the Physical or Special stats was no longer determined by the attack's type, but by the attack itself, which makes a heck of a lot more sense. Of course that being said the story line does remain more or less the same. But with Black and White they did try to break up the formula some, and was even more story driven than the 4th gen games.

As for new Pokemon: Why shouldn't they add new Pokemon? Just like with animals in the real world, with new regions to explore there would naturally be more Pokemon to find. Also, after awhile, it would get so dull searching for the same Pokemon over and over with no new ones to break up the monotony (see every pre 5th generation cave *cough*Zubat*cough*) that it would probably cause the series to end (which I seriously doubt Nintendo wants).

i can see your point, and i would be fine with the addition of the new pokemon. if with them we got a better story line.

the story line for all of the pokemon has been get all eight badges (with some encounters with a "legendary" pokemon mixed in)and then you fight the elite four before or after you catch the legendary pokemon. which the strongest pokemon never actually ends up being the strongest. for instance mewtwo was a BA pokemon that could beat anyone, now there are at least 30 pokemon considered stronger?

again, i dont mind the extra pokemon i just think that the story needs more work

P.S NINTENDO is working pokemon really well buisness wise

Yeah, true. The storyline could use a little work, but as I said, Black and White's story is somewhat different. It starts off the same with you competing with your rivals to see who can become the Champion first, but when you find out that N wants to defeat Alder the Champion in order to gain the authority to force all trainers to release their Pokemon, your primary objective is to gain all the badges and defeat the Elite Four in order to thwart N's plan, not to defeat Alder and become Champion.

As for the Legendaries: nothing stays the same, and the Legendary that is currently the most powerful will also one day be dethroned.

What I've recently heard as strictly a rumor is there are 1,500 pokemon already made... I don't know if its true or not but I don't think I want that many...

What I've recently heard as strictly a rumor is there are 1,500 pokemon already made... I don't know if its true or not but I don't think I want that many...

That would be more than another 10 generations, which seems very unlikely. I'll be surprised to see pokemon last 10 generations total, let alone an additional ten.

they have the concept for that many, but theyll scrap many of them or improve alot.png of them.

I always wonder if the first gen pokemon had been fourth gen what people would have thought about them now.

Everyone complains about the new ones but there were some really, really bad first gen pokemon.

I'm looking at you Mr. Mime and Jynx.

I mostly have a problem with the new pokemon like the Gears that they just added an extra thing to or the genies which were just palette changes. I think I'd rather have a weird but unique poke than a lazy idea one.

I always wonder if the first gen pokemon had been fourth gen what people would have thought about them now.

Everyone complains about the new ones but there were some really, really bad first gen pokemon.

I'm looking at you Mr. Mime and Jynx.

I mostly have a problem with the new pokemon like the Gears that they just added an extra thing to or the genies which were just palette changes. I think I'd rather have a weird but unique poke than a lazy idea one.

I like the Gears, because I can imagine them evolving by finding bits of metal to attach to. Also like Magnemite for the same reason

UNOVA IS A BEAST.

ZEKROM! ZEKKKKROM! ZEEEEKROM!

He is the punisher.

Also, I have 509 pokemon caught - legally - because I have most of the previous versions, even yellow.

I feel bad for kids that never played Yellow.

The Veridian city - pallet town theme.. they put that on BRAWL for pete's sake.. It was one of the most catchy songs ever..

do do do da doo doo da doo da doo doo da doo doo dadoo da doooooo...

But yeah, I have a shiny rayquaza. Friend codes anyone? I'll trade. biggrin.gif

The Dream World feels like a disappointment...

During some house party, my mom let a little kid play my Yellow version, the kid erased my save and saved.

Little ... I want to swear.

Man, my brother did the exact same thing.. and I had MEWTWO...

I haven't made it to the Dream World yet on my game. Honestly, I don't understand what it's supposed to be, I'm very confused. xd.png Guess I'll just have to actually get there and see~

I don't have DS compatible wi-fi so I don't get to do the dream world stuff D:

I think the newer versions of games won't let you save new data over old data without deleting it first via the title screen.

I let my grandma play White today,

I wanted to let her battle but she had enough trouble with walking through White Forest, lol! x'DD

and she said Munna looks like a fat squid. o__o

Have a question: on the pokemon global link, there is a promotion that lets you get one of the eevee evolutions, but it says you need to play a game first then transfer it. what game do you have to play and can you still play it to get one?

Have a question: on the pokemon global link, there is a promotion that lets you get one of the eevee evolutions, but it says you need to play a game first then transfer it. what game do you have to play and can you still play it to get one?

If you haven't played the game yet, then it's too late.

A couple of months ago there was a game on the website that was kind of like "Bricks," and depending on how you played it determined what kind of Evee evolution you got.

But the game has been taken down, now they're just distributing the Evee's people won.

Darn. My favorite pokemon and I missed out. Oh well, maybe next time. thank you.

I'm also a bit confused about the pokemon board. when reading the intro stuff, I thought that you could have more than one pokemon on the board at once, but then it doesn't let you go to the tree again unless you bring the one pokemon back to the entralink. then the professor was talking about 50 pokemon for something? Not exactly sure how that works.

Ah, yeah, I was curious about that as well.

From what I gathered, at the beginning people were allowed to pick more than one Pokemon at the tree, but as more people started playing Dream World they changed it so that you can only get one.

This is my current Black/White team

Samurott

Zoroark

Haxorus

Acheops

Volcarona

Eelektross

However, I plan on making a Uber group of pokemon that doesn't have any legendaries. these are the six:

Swampert

Slaking

Arcanine

Jolteon

Garchomp

Tangrowth

I love Pokemon.