Sandface

Worst Tv Show?

Uncle Grandpa. No point and just horrible. That damned pizza slice makes things worse. I hope/wish the pizza is finally gone, now that Amethyst ate him in the crossover

Reality TV in general. People getting paid to behave the worst they could possibly be, all for the sake of attention? Especially shows that glorify amorality like all the shows involving underage pregnancy. Or Kate Plus Eight. That woman seriously needs to have a hysterectomy and be committed into a mental hospital, not encouraged to have more brats she can't afford. Tax payers are paying for her kids.

Stuff like all this is the reason I barely watch TV anymore.

Reality TV in general. People getting paid to behave the worst they could possibly be, all for the sake of attention? Especially shows that glorify amorality like all the shows involving underage pregnancy. Or Kate Plus Eight. That woman seriously needs to have a hysterectomy and be committed into a mental hospital, not encouraged to have more brats she can't afford. Tax payers are paying for her kids.

Stuff like all this is the reason I barely watch TV anymore.

Yeah, I agree with that too. I always roll my eyes when my mom fans over her General Hospital.

I am a kid, and even I am not a big fan of most shows. Even cartoons. Steven Universe actually caught my heart and struck me as different, with an actual plot, good music, amd all around amazing quality. Most cartoons are the opposite, with not much of a storyline and not great quality. I even understand my sister's point of view on shows today. When she was my age, cartoons were better. Steven Universe is one of the few today that I love.

I really don't watch TV too much anymore. If there is a new episode of something I like, I will simply wait until it is put online, then I watch that. Simple

My 600 Pound life.

Who got the bright idea to tail an onesie American around talking about their life , how they only have so long to live without treatment, and blah blah blah. It's their fault for getting overweight.

DEAL. WITH. IT.

Though you have the right to your own opinion, one of my best long-time friends is one of the "onesie Americans" you're bashing. Without that show, she would never have been able to get treatment for her condition.

A lot of times, these are people whose insurance plans have been outright refusing to offer them the help they need because they don't want to pay for it or be liable in the case of risky situations. Very few doctors are willing to perform the surgeries that morbidly obese people often need to start getting better. A lot of these people have life situations, genetic vulnerabilities, or diseases that have predisposed them to becoming obese, and basically saying "it's their fault, so they deserve to die" is both inaccurate and genuinely reprehensible. My 600 Pound Life gives people that the American healthcare system has utterly failed a chance to reclaim some of their autonomy and prolong their life. For some, it's their last hope for survival period.

--------

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Worst show? Probably the O'Reilly Factor or the 700 Club.

Probably the O'Reilly Factor

Agreed 100% absolutely. That is not 'news' in any way, shape, or form.

And my dad worships that demon.

Any cartoon show with grossly unrealistic or grotesque-looking people.

And also

Embarrassing Bodies, and all similar shows.

Edited by Keekeecat

CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and lets not for get the a hole demon at MSNBC the biggest liers on TV!...

see ... i'm a 90's kid. i watched Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stempy, AHHHH Real Monsters, Sponge Bob, Courage the Cowardly Dog, TMNT, Real Ghostbusters, X-Men, Spiderman .... ect

and i grew up fine.

those still remain to be some of my favorite child hood cartoons. we're they appropriate ... most times not. but i they were cartoons and cartoon =/= reality.

Rocko's Modern Life was probably the worst offender on that list for "kid" cartoons. seriously, go back and watch a few episodes as an adult if you watched it as a kid xd.png holy cow!!! but that said, i wouldn't have them taken off air. grotesque crude cartoon humor is fine, so long as parents know what their kids are watching and teaching reality from fantasy.

i mean, yeah i could point to some of the new cartoons i've seen advertised ... like Adventure Time, Super Jail and Uncle Grandpa. and say that these are absurd excuses of a cartoon that lack any point aside from flashing bright colors and poorly drawn animation (seriously, have cartoonist forgotten what a plot is now a days??) but cartoons are supposed to be mindless escapes for children to just sit back and laugh at.

so the people pointing at cartoons ... i think honestly its misdirected. kinda like blaming GTA for a kid going out and stealing a car.

i do have to side with people on the Reality TV thing *shudders* its harmed our society because it encourages the "want my 15 minutes of fame" and rewards the stupidity of society. tbh, i think these shows are single-handedly responsible for the intellectual digression in our society.

that and the explosion of the news-media corps. regardless of what side of the isle your on (conservative or liberal) people are getting their "news" and forming their opinion of events based on OPINION SHOWS, that traffic opinion and not fact.

each is just as worse as the other, whether is Anderson Copper, O'Riely, Maddow, Beck, Hannity, Mathews, Limbaugh .... all of these are not news shows. they're OPINION shows.

CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and lets not for get the a hole demon at MSNBC the biggest liers on TV!...

You forgot Fox News I think.

Remove the "I think" from that sentence and you're right. tongue.gif

Reality TV. I can't even watch it to make fun of it. That genre mocks itself.

Two and a Half Men, Family Guy, The Flash, Supernatural, most TV series renditions of movies (Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness, The Penguins of Madagascar, HTTYD Riders of Pern, etc.), most Disney TV shows, a moderate fraction of Nickelodeon.

Supernatural isn't that bad, but the idea is really boring and the acting and writing are pretty poor.

How I Met Your Mother was pretty good, but I can't bring myself to support it after that finale.

For the most part, I won't judge your taste if you like one of these shows, but please please keep me out of it.

Reality TV, especially The Bachelor/Bachelorette, is at the top of my list. Can't stand them and can't understand why anyone would.

Edited by ab613

No, I like Fox News, they don't lie like the othter do!...

I would say Uncle Grandpa, Spongebob, and Family Guy are a few. I think that majority of shows these days are horrid and are promoting/teaching bad values to the younger generation. I've actually stopped watching from my actual TV and just watch from my computer because of this.

These days, shows do nothing but display bad behavior/crass humor. I feel like these are largely unneeded and that those who watch shows with these end up having them as a bad influence.

I'd just like to say that not everything new these days is bad though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I feel that though some new shows are still okay, most of them aren't. As for old shows, well, some weren't good to begin with or they're steadily getting worse (Spongebob falls into this category. I used to like it, but now I abhor it - something I never thought I'd say 10 years ago).

I don't like Family Guy. At all. I seriously dislike that show. And also Dexter. A friend told me to watch it and I couldn't get further than the first couple of episodes. It's a bit much for me.

Well this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm tired of hearing Steven Universe this and Steven Universe that, especially since the show really isn't that great to begin with.

Well this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm tired of hearing Steven Universe this and Steven Universe that, especially since the show really isn't that great to begin with.

I know what you mean its just as bad as dr who...

Robot Chicken....It's mostly disgusting to me. Pickle and Peanut looks like an extremely horrible show.

And let's not forget The Looney Tunes Show and Wabbit. Where did the classic Looney Tunes go?

I used to really like house and bones and CSI... now I can't stand them.

It's all the same thing. over and over and over and over.... "something happens! they investigate to find something out... they figure it out!"

and there's so many tv shows like that now.... it's just mind blowingly boring... there's just no plot to the shows...

The lack of good plot in TV shows in America is why I watch anime now sad.gif

which isn't bad or anything it's just kinda depressing imo...

Edited by 626lavaheart

i do have to side with people on the Reality TV thing *shudders* its harmed our society because it encourages the "want my 15 minutes of fame" and rewards the stupidity of society. tbh, i think these shows are single-handedly responsible for the intellectual digression in our society.

I have never heard truer words spoken on the internet. For me some of the worst shows I've seen are the house wives series (I watched less then five minutes and changed the channel) and MLP. When I was young my favorite show was Kim Possible. I wonder now days when I channel surf if it's so much to ask to have quality shows on television.