Sandface

Worst Tv Show?

TMZ. It's even worse than a reality show for the fact that the people they stalk usually don't even give their consent. I don't get how it stays on the air, do people actually enjoy that stuff?

The Shire -,-

The Australian version of Jersey Shore sleep.gif Made us Australians look like bogans haha

TMZ. It's even worse than a reality show for the fact that the people they stalk usually don't even give their consent. I don't get how it stays on the air, do people actually enjoy that stuff?

If they enjoy gossip which I am guilty of tongue.gif but it is what it is. I would have to say The Amanda Show on Nickelodeon. It was on in like the late 90s but I could never stand it! Amanda was so annoying!

My 600 Pound life.

Who got the bright idea to tail an onesie American around talking about their life , how they only have so long to live without treatment, and blah blah blah. It's their fault for getting overweight.

DEAL. WITH. IT.

If it airs on Cartoon Network it should probably be canceled. At least the newer ones anyway. The older ones that were actually decent should remain. But all these new ones should be canceled. Regular show, adventure time, teen titans go (original was much better), amazing world of gumball, beyblade, most others...

Reality tv...

Edited by draganot

Storage Wars. Just such a completely unrealistic premise for a TV show! A whole bunch of rednecks bidding on garbage left behind in lockers....I mean honestly, if the stuff in the locker was so precious, wouldn't the people who used to own the lockers not allow it to get repossessed/taken? *facepalm*

I could go on for ages about "stupid" TV, but here's a short list:

16 and Pregnant (Do we really need to glorify teen pregnancy?)

Jersey Shore (Because getting in drunk fights isn't cool.)

Duck Dynasty (Disagree with me all you like. I hate this show.)

Toddlers in Tiaras (Three year olds should never look like they're sixteen.)

Here Comes Honey BooBoo (Just no.)

American Idol (Stick a fork in it. The Voice is better.)

Duck Dynasty (Disagree with me all you like. I hate this show.)

You now have about all of the southern United States hating you now, including me. I remember what happened to that one kid in my class who said he didn't like it, shunned till the end by the entire school xd.png, I feel kinda sorry for him, but he got what he deserved.

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Tastes vary and this thread seemed to want to know what shows or types bothered you or which do you like. Age and background have a lot to do with your choices.

I really detest the concept of Reality shows. Whether they are the real _________, or American Idol, You've got Talent, Are you Smarter than a Fifth Grader, Pawn Shop, Bounty Hunter, etc.

In small doses I like some of the cooking shows. I used to watch Emeril and Rachel Ray occassionally. Too often drives me nutsd though. Oh I like the drive ins cooking show where the host goes to various cafes or drive through places and checks out pizza joints, burger places, mom and pop diners, Barbecue places etc.

The snooty hosts and crazy contestants on the cook and win shows drive me bananas.

I like Avatar, the last Airbender. I loved Tru Calling and First Monday. I happen to like Bones, Criminal Minds, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Blue Bloods and How To Train Your Dragon. Jane and the Dragon is also fun sometimes. Sleepy Hollow and Agents of SHIELD have good episodes also.

I loved SeaQuest, Earth2 and a few other shows from that era.

That's all I can think of and probably way more than you wanted.

Weekenders and Recess I loved those two shows. Alsdo Xena and Hercules. lol

If it airs on Cartoon Network it should probably be canceled. At least the newer ones anyway. The older ones that were actually decent should remain. But all these new ones should be canceled. Regular show, adventure time, teen titans go (original was much better), amazing world of gumball, beyblade, most others...

Reality tv...

But adventure time is awesome!! xd.png

Toddlers in Tiaras. They're three year old's, for goodness sake!!! Why does a toddler need to wear makeup and fancy clothes and try to look like a teenage model?! Toddlers should be thinking about cartoons and colouring books and dolls. Not how to look their best so they can win some stupid competition and "make their mommy proud".

There really needs to be more episodes for the Kirby anime. I'm sad that it went off-air.

But the one TV show that I think needs to go?

SPONGEBOB. There are so many things that are inappropriate for children in the world of Spongebob that it needs to go. Right now. Nightmare fuel, violence, I'm sure there's some racism in there somewhere, etc. etc.

SPONGEBOB. There are so many things that are inappropriate for children in the world of Spongebob that it needs to go. Right now. Nightmare fuel, violence, I'm sure there's some racism in there somewhere, etc. etc.

AGREED.

It was actually banned in my house until recently, when my brother turned 8. I've never liked the show, and the few times I happened to walk past the room when anybody is watching it, I swear I could feel my brain cells dying.

You now have about all of the southern United States hating you now, including me. I remember what happened to that one kid in my class who said he didn't like it, shunned till the end by the entire school xd.png, I feel kinda sorry for him, but he got what he deserved.

Not sure if that was a joke, but if it wasn't, that's terrible. Someone gets shunned because they don't like a show? Seriously?!

And, yeah, it must be a southern thing because that show is terrible in my opinion. Not the worst of the Reality shows but... Honestly the over saturation on top of it is a nightmare.

Honey Boo Boo, Toddlers and Tiaras, 16 and pregnant, Teen mom honestly needs to go.

Also has to go? All those shows that glorify looking like skin and bones with boobs the size of your head.

Same with shows that depict high school as only surviveable by the popular bimbos.

Also saw an ad for some show a long time ago, making a comedy out of some dude with eating disorders. I could probably make a 20+ item list of why that show needed to die, with the top one being "making a joke out of a serious issue". Me nor a friend of mine take joking about any serious issue lightly.

And I agree with the children's show thing I saw way up near the beginning of the topic. Stop sugarcoating all of them. Also, can we have more decent shows aimed at kids that aren't edutainment? And can any edutainment show not be horrifically grating and boring to anyone over the age of 5?

Oh my god yes. The stupidity of that show... My mom wouldn't even let me watch that show when I was little. With good reason, too. I think she was smart to do that actually xd.png

Spongebob is like this generation's version of my generation's Ren and Stimpy. Seriously how do shows like this get marketed as "kid's shows"? Even the child me would be disturbed by half of the things on that show and I was pretty oblivious to that sort of stuff back then.

im pretty sure a lot of cartoons/other things aimed at children have always had at least a few things or jokes that could be considered inappropriate for children? like theres an entire tropes page about adult humor getting "past the radar" into stuff aimed at kids i dont think it's just spongebob

modern cartoons probably do too still but i dont watch cartoons anymore so

but i do agree that around/post the movie they started overdoing the gross-out humor though which i do not like but im still fond of the older episodes then again i might be biased since i grew up watching them

oh, but if you want to call out a kid's cartoon for nightmare fuel, how about courage the cowardly dog instead? :U

(i actually really like courage tho just saying)

buut for tv shows i dislike ren and stimpy has always been waay too much for me tbh ive never liked it. thats about it though besides the occasional bad episode of LoK.

Edited by Switch

Cartoon shows that needs to go: Almost Naked Animals, Adventure Time, Chowder, Flapjack, the new Sabrina: Secrets of a Teenage Witch (I love the old Sabrina a lot better when Salem could actually talk), Shezow, and a lot of stuff that I could just go on about.

oh, but if you want to call out a kid's cartoon for nightmare fuel, how about courage the cowardly dog instead? :U

I'm probably one of the few that really didn't care for that show. I liked a few episodes, but I often found them too bleak/depressing for my liking.

im pretty sure a lot of cartoons/other things aimed at children have always had at least a few things or jokes that could be considered inappropriate for children? like theres an entire tropes page about adult humor getting "past the radar" into stuff aimed at kids i dont think it's just spongebob

modern cartoons probably do too still but i dont watch cartoons anymore so

but i do agree that around/post the movie they started overdoing the gross-out humor though which i do not like but im still fond of the older episodes then again i might be biased since i grew up watching them

buut for tv shows i dislike ren and stimpy has always been waay too much for me tbh ive never liked it. thats about it though besides the occasional bad episode of LoK.

There's a big difference between things "getting under the radar" and being blatantly gross and raunchy. I mean, there's a lot of stuff in Disney Movies that are questionable when seen as an adult, but as a child I never noticed these things. Where as, I KNEW when I seen Ren and Stimpy as a kid that they were purposely doing it.

I don't remember Courage. Either that was one I didn't watch or i'm too old to have seen it as a kid. lol

Gross out Humor doesn't really work in any genre, in my opinion. I never liked it and I never thought it was funny. I don't think cringing is funny at all.

There's a big difference between things "getting under the radar" and being blatantly gross and raunchy. I mean, there's a lot of stuff in Disney Movies that are questionable when seen as an adult, but as a child I never noticed these things. Where as, I KNEW when I seen Ren and Stimpy as a kid that they were purposely doing it.

I don't remember Courage. Either that was one I didn't watch or i'm too old to have seen it as a kid. lol

Gross out Humor doesn't really work in any genre, in my opinion. I never liked it and I never thought it was funny. I don't think cringing is funny at all.

yeah, i know, thats what i meant and i agree about the gross out humor thing. same with it not working in any genre.

i'd just prefer it not be a thing at all tbh it's never done well.

Edited by Switch

Two and A Half Men

Honey Boo Boo

Any so-called "reality" show.

But the worst for me?

Duck Dynasty.

No, just no. blink.gifmad.gifdry.gif

I haven't watched Family Guy in years, but the opening still makes me cringe and turn off the TV. I wasn't a Futurama fan either.

Hex.

It was a two season disaster that had what could have been an interesting story, but was executed very badly. To add insult to injury they killed off the main character right at the start of the second season and tried to replace her with her killer who was unpopular from the moment she appeared.