Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Hmmm, that's strange then. Despite 2 cb coppers and 1 cb silver being fair/more than fair for 1 cb gold I have yet to receive a single PM. :/ Anyways, I agree with a blusang + red/brown copper being better to trade for a green copper but I thought it was green >> red > brown

That's mostly because those who can catch Golds can also cach other metals. I think gold catchers are mostly keeping them for new Shimmer/Tinsel trades.

A lot of people like to keep their CB golds...or trade them for shimmers, not for other metals >.> it might be a while before you get a bite? I don't know, lol.

What's a CB gold wyvern going for? I've misclicked one and don't really need another one since I have my scroll quota of cb pairs, so i want to try and trade it but am not sure what to ask for ^^

Edited by Sirithiliel

Darn those tinsel/shimmers and their effects on trading sad.gif A cb golden wyvern can go for a cb blusang or you can just trade it for 2-3 bsa hatchlings.

Edited by Sarah864

A lot of people like to keep their CB golds...or trade them for shimmers, not for other metals >.> it might be a while before you get a bite? I don't know, lol.

What's a CB gold wyvern going for? I've misclicked one and don't really need another one since I have my scroll quota of cb pairs, so i want to try and trade it but am not sure what to ask for ^^

CB GW has always seem more of the Trio/UB side of the value-scale to me. Hmm... maybe two CB red hatchies? or three if you accept IOUs?

And it's not always true that CB Gold catchers can definitely catch other metals, especially when it comes to silver. Both of these are gone within a second or two (or the time taken for me to F5 my webpage once or twice xd.png) so there is no big difference in difficulty to obtain. Plus, it has yet to be proven that CB Silvers are more common than CB Golds in the biome. I have seen people with around 5 or 6 CB Golds in their scroll but have yet to obtain a CB Silver. However it is true that CB Gold owners tend to trade for a 2-3rd gen Shimmer/Tinsel. Personally, I will never trade my CB metals for something easier to catch than the item I have in hand.

Personally, I will never trade my CB metals for something easier to catch than the item I have in hand.

That, pretty much =)

Not that I can really say that, since I can't catch CB metals lol! I have 3 CB golds and 2 CB silvers. One gold was gifted to me, two were traded along with the two CB silvers for a 2nd gen holly i found in the Ap by sheer luck...but if I ever do catch my own CB metal, odds are i'll not trade it for coppers, which i was able to get during release so I don't need them as much as a CB gold to finish my breeding pairs =)

Thanks for clarification on mine, hope to get a nibble!

green >> red > brown
Always get confused by these - so does that mean red and brown trade 1:1 but green?

Thanks for clarification on mine, hope to get a nibble!

Always get confused by these - so does that mean red and brown trade 1:1 but green?

You can easily get 1:1 for Red-Brown swaps, but odds are Green owners aren't willing to trade their copper for a Red/Brown.

laugh.gif Thanks for the patience - it has been a loooong day wink.gif

No problem wub.gif

Question -- though not about trade -- DC seems funny today, first the biomes aren't refreshing like normal, then the eggs aren't hatching (added a 0/0/0 unincubated pink egg @3d20h to the ERs, not even a crack when UV became as high as 300, while my common eggs normally hatch below 150UV)... I hope things can get back to having a pattern soon...

No problem wub.gif

Question -- though not about trade -- DC seems funny today, first the biomes aren't refreshing like normal, then the eggs aren't hatching (added a 0/0/0 unincubated pink egg @3d20h to the ERs, not even a crack when UV became as high as 300, while my common eggs normally hatch below 150UV)... I hope things can get back to having a pattern soon...

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry8007736

imo i think trading has nearly become non existent 2nd gen PB Metals i cant shift sad.gif CB paper no bites, i also thought i had a nice 4th gen tinsel and nothing i thought i was being very generous in what i was asking for paper and 2nd gen 2 prs of common CB hatchies (easily got from AP) whiptails, guardians etc or maybe i just have rotten eggs laugh.gif

Darn those tinsel/shimmers and their effects on trading sad.gif A cb golden wyvern can go for a cb blusang or you can just trade it for 2-3 bsa hatchlings.

Now you see what's put many of us off of trading. cool.gif

Anyways, wish you luck. smile.gif

I don't even bother breeding my shimmers, tinsels, or metals unless I see someone with a wishlist wanting one that i can provide, but I dont' try and trade them anymore lol

Another question! Got a CB Seasonal, what's fair for that? =) Thanks for all the help guys

I don't even bother breeding my shimmers, tinsels, or metals unless I see someone with a wishlist wanting one that i can provide, but I dont' try and trade them anymore lol

Another question! Got a CB Seasonal, what's fair for that? =) Thanks for all the help guys

It's not just you. A while ago I decided to start trading for 2nd gen commons from certain valentine pairings for checker mates for V-day. I bred some nice lineaged, low gen metals thinking that way I would get them all nice and quick and I struggled to get offers. I ended up needing to breed more and hatch some of them just to get all the ones I needed.

Yeah, I haven't been back to the trading forums as much anymore after that. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Sad thing is, since they were all commons, if I had known how much trouble they would be I probably could have asked someone who takes breeding requests and gotten them for free.

Anyway, A day or two ago I traded for a CB seasonal on the EAtW market with a mixed set of 4 low-time common CB hatchlings. I think I may have gotten lucky with that, but I got it.

Edited by aangs-sister

CB Seasonals usually go for higher prices when the seasons change because there is currently a rush to collect them (for what I don't know). They end up not being wanted later in the season and you start to find more of them in the AP as CB.

It's a lot easier to answer your question when it's "Can I trade (X) for (y)?" instead of "What can I get for all of these?".

As long as you're not asking for CB coppers I think you're good. I'm probably /not/ going to get into what you can get for a CB because I may end up telling you things that you probably don't care about like "Oh, you can get a few cb hatchies".

But anyways, I think you'd struggle getting something like a CB Tan/Red Dorsal.

imo i think trading has nearly become non existent  2nd gen PB Metals i cant shift sad.gif CB paper no bites, i also thought i had a nice 4th gen tinsel and nothing i thought i was being very generous in what i was asking for paper and 2nd gen 2 prs of common CB hatchies (easily got from AP) whiptails, guardians etc or maybe i just have rotten eggs laugh.gif

For the 4th gen not many people have a paper AND hatchlings on hand. I've also noticed that DC trades change a lot depending on the time. If, for example, you're a night owl like me or live in a different time zone then some easy trades can take forever or you can get really really good offers. *shrugs*

@lilacamy931 About the cb green copper trade, I can see you're getting frustrated and while normally a cb blusang + cb red copper is a fair deal (one I would've taken if I didn't already have a cb red copper) there are currently 2 other trades for a cb green copper that are offering a lot more. I don't know why probably so they can trade for shimmers/tinsels but you might have to wait a while.

@Sirithiliel cb seasonals aren't really worth anything right now since it's off season but you can trade cb hatchlings for some really pretty even gens biggrin.gif

@DragonNighthowler I didn't know shimmers/tinsels would still have that great a hold on the trading market weeks after the raffle and weeks before the prizes are given out. dry.gif But that's a discussion for a different thread, thanks for the luck and I wish you the same. smile.gif

Edited by Sarah864

imo i think trading has nearly become non existent  2nd gen PB Metals i cant shift sad.gif CB paper no bites, i also thought i had a nice 4th gen tinsel and nothing i thought i was being very generous in what i was asking for paper and 2nd gen 2 prs of common CB hatchies (easily got from AP) whiptails, guardians etc or maybe i just have rotten eggs laugh.gif

Normally I have no trouble trading my 4th gen Tinsels and Shimmers, so I can't complain, but then again it depends on what one asks for in exchange. I trade most of mine for 1 Paper hatchling each (and have a couple other options usually, like a 2nd gen Metal I need for an IOU or whatnot), and it tends to go very smoothly, with an exception of 1-2 lines that don't seem to be too "popular" out there, like a Silver Tinsel x SW, which I often end up trading for a couple of days before I get a bite.

Your Paper trade is rather fair, I'd say, especially it you're fine with an IOU - you're probably not having much luck with it, simple as that. I would gladly offer on it but for the fact that it's not my type of trade: I'm usually too locked to gather multiple hatchlings for one trade, I normally do the exact opposite and trade dragons (me:"you") 1:1 or 1:x. biggrin.gif

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Not specifically a question about a trade, but when I do trade periodically I like to trade for seasonals, so I was wondering when they got switched to rare on the wiki, and if that means even non-caveborn ones will be more difficult to get then they have been? (or am I just way off base and they were always classified as rare on the wiki? And I see earlier in the thread that they're not worth much right now, so I'm kind of confused.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by diaveborn

It's not just you. A while ago I decided to start trading for 2nd gen commons from certain valentine pairings for checker mates for V-day. I bred some nice lineaged, low gen metals thinking that way I would get them all nice and quick and I struggled to get offers. I ended up needing to breed more and hatch some of them just to get all the ones I needed.

Fail, I'm currently trying this for my non-CB valentines - well, not low-gen metals, but I figured a couple of higher gen (6-7) shimmers (all I've got till I work on mates for a 3rd gen silver shimmer and 3rd gen silver tinsel...) and a 2nd gen copper would be tempting for some commons from valentines... It's been up a few hours, no bites yet. unsure.gif

I didn't think commons from valentines would be that difficult to come by? I tend to breed them from my CB valentines when I get bored, in all honesty. Well hopefully I get some interest with time to have them grow up for V-day, anyway. Maybe I'm missing the value of them a bit. Or it's timing...

Edit for Prize dragon question - or rather the value of them - would prize swaps of the same gen often be affected by whether it's a deadline or is this purely personal preference? Got an AP-catch of a 3rd gen shimmer, the CB was killed off. Personally have no issue with it, but I haven't seen this particular line in the trade threads at all. Or the even gen deadline silver tinsel I somehow managed to get my hands on (3rd gen as well).

Edited by Fayne

Fail, I'm currently trying this for my non-CB valentines - well, not low-gen metals, but I figured a couple of higher gen (6-7) shimmers (all I've got till I work on mates for a 3rd gen silver shimmer and 3rd gen silver tinsel...) and a 2nd gen copper would be tempting for some commons from valentines... It's been up a few hours, no bites yet. unsure.gif

I didn't think commons from valentines would be that difficult to come by? I tend to breed them from my CB valentines when I get bored, in all honesty. Well hopefully I get some interest with time to have them grow up for V-day, anyway. Maybe I'm missing the value of them a bit. Or it's timing...

Edit for Prize dragon question - or rather the value of them - would prize swaps of the same gen often be affected by whether it's a deadline or is this purely personal preference? Got an AP-catch of a 3rd gen shimmer, the CB was killed off. Personally have no issue with it, but I haven't seen this particular line in the trade threads at all. Or the even gen deadline silver tinsel I somehow managed to get my hands on (3rd gen as well).

Honestly, for people looking for commons from V'days, it's probably easier to stalk signatures and look for people who breed on request. I'd be happy to breed 2nd gens from my Vals for free.....

Unfortunately, having a tombstone in the lineage is considered a big negative by most of the people who trade regularly, so such lineages are usually worth very little indeed. sad.gif

@diaveborn: I think that must be a hang-over from the "Spring That Wasn't" a couple of years ago (though I remember it well and the Seasonal drought actually started at the end of that Winter). Now though, I see Seasonals fairly regularly in the cave and bred ones show up frequently on the AP. They don't hang around for ever, but they're certainly not an impossible catch like they were.

Yeah, stalking abilities are a bit limited while I try and tell myself to stop procrastinating on DC... rolleyes.gif Hence offering trades, but I'll keep that in mind.

It's a shame because there are some pretty lineages - though I was wondering why someone would kill their cb prize in the first place... Actually, on the subject of stalking I was having a look at your scroll, Amazon_warrior, and your rosebud/deadline pairs are a similar base to the 3rd gen silver tinsel I've got, heh. Though so saying, seems a few people have done that seeing as mine is related to a 6th gen even gen.

Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, stalking abilities are a bit limited while I try and tell myself to stop procrastinating on DC... rolleyes.gif Hence offering trades, but I'll keep that in mind.

It's a shame because there are some pretty lineages - though I was wondering why someone would kill their cb prize in the first place... Actually, on the subject of stalking I was having a look at your scroll, Amazon_warrior, and your rosebud/deadline pairs are a similar base to the 3rd gen silver tinsel I've got, heh. Though so saying, seems a few people have done that seeing as mine is related to a 6th gen even gen.

Thanks for the answers!

Yeah, that was a group lineage project that someone started before TJ changed how deadlines worked. We all bred a compatible pair of Tinsels from a snaggly long-lined silver Tinsel and our CB Rosebuds, then the poor Tinsel dad got the choppy-chop. rolleyes.gif There definitely *are* people out there that like(d) deadlines, but they tend to keep them as personal projects because they're just not valued on the open market. Which is a shame in a way because some of them can be lovely.

What are 2nd gen sitting alt blacks worth these days? (male terrae x female black in case that matters)

Edited by littleblackdog

Not specifically a question about a trade, but when I do trade periodically I like to trade for seasonals, so I was wondering when they got switched to rare on the wiki, and if that means even non-caveborn ones will be more difficult to get then they have been? (or am I just way off base and they were always classified as rare on the wiki? And I see earlier in the thread that they're not worth much right now, so I'm kind of confused.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Since this was left unanswered......

I never go there to see what's "rare" or "what's wanted" on the eggs there. The wiki is much better for information and not so much on things like trades. Lol. I remember being a total noob and caught an CB Olive dragon (thought their eggs looked really cool) in the AP and I remember reading "These dragons are coveted by the DC population" and I saw the dragon sprite and I was like, "Really? O_O" and I remember I tried trading it off for a CB Trio for days until I decided to say "Just offer whatever". xd.png

I am the one that usually gives advice on Seasonals and yes they can be worth CB Trios, but that's only when it's the start of the new season where members rush. As the season goes by you see them more frequently in the AP. I remember when it was Summer I caught 5 different Summers in the AP (CB). Last fall I kept grabbing CBs off the AP as well hypothesizing that the same thing would happen and it was true (I'm new the the site and joined like 7 months ago). They also sit in the biomes more as the season progresses. smile.gif

But yeah, never trust the wiki for trade values. Lol

@Chickenlord: Uhm, with alts it depends to the person.

Freezing:

- Curls are worth more because there are two different sprites. Out of these sprites the curl is harder to get than the sitting one (currently). I've heard that one time curls were easier to get, hence the "currently".

- Most prefer a messy lineage

- Few prefer a neat or PB lineage to freeze

- Those that already have a few black alts frozen will seek out genders they don't already own like the wants for NDs. "Already have Female ND, want a Male ND"

Growing up:

- Curls/Sittings won't matter since the adult forms of both are the same.

- Most prefer a nicer lineage if possible

- Some won't care

- Bonus points if it's a 2g 2-breed checker (gives them the idea that maybe if they ever decided to continue it, they'd know how to continue it)

- More bonus points if it's a PB (So PB > Checker)

Also when people have an alt there's so many crazy different kinds of wants like CB Metallics (I've seen some ask for these when they were messies, pretty sure they didn't get a bite) to stuff they need for lineage projects, CB Hatchies, ect. Also right now it seems to be easier to make an alt right now.

I think you could get -a- chicken for it (I'm thinking you have it and want to trade it), but I wouldn't hope for two unless it's a friend that doesn't mind overpaying. wink.gif

Since this was left unanswered......

I never go there to see what's "rare" or "what's wanted" on the eggs there. The wiki is much better for information and not so much on things like trades. Lol. I remember being a total noob and caught an CB Olive dragon (thought their eggs looked really cool) in the AP and I remember reading "These dragons are coveted by the DC population" and I saw the dragon sprite and I was like, "Really? O_O" and I remember I tried trading it off for a CB Trio for days until I decided to say "Just offer whatever". xd.png

I am the one that usually gives advice on Seasonals and yes they can be worth CB Trios, but that's only when it's the start of the new season where members rush. As the season goes by you see them more frequently in the AP. I remember when it was Summer I caught 5 different Summers in the AP (CB). Last fall I kept grabbing CBs off the AP as well hypothesizing that the same thing would happen and it was true (I'm new the the site and joined like 7 months ago). They also sit in the biomes more as the season progresses. smile.gif

But yeah, never trust the wiki for trade values. Lol

Eh? *pokes own post a bit further up* But yeah, the wiki is rubbish for rarity values, definitely... I suppose I should add that I got 2 CB Winter hatchies for a CB Magma egg about a week or so ago, and considered it a reasonable deal.

Edited by Amazon_warrior