Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What is the relative value of CB Metallics in relation with other breeds currently that are NOT 2G Prize/Thuwed/Spriter Alts?

I'm trying to figure out what might be a half decent proposal to present for one and if it would be in my means to actually do so.

a 3g, and even some 4g prizes are still able to fetch cb metallics, but I guess thats not what you wanted to hear.

As for everything else, the honest answer is: nothing, if you go by pure trade value. But many metalluc catchers have enough if them, and often trade them away for what 2g hey need most atm or for many more hatchies for their hoard.

so the best way to get a cb metal is likely to watch trade forums closely and dont be afraid to put work into ious.

Hi (again). smile.gif I got on the Thuwed breeding list a few days back and someone offered me 2 3G Shimmers for it. At first, I was pretty satisfied with the offer but, since then, I've seen trades offering multiple CB Metallics for a 2G Thuwed. I'd like to know how many CB Metallics a 2G Thuwed is usually worth and would it be possible to get a 2G Shimmer for one?

Edited by Evolette

Ok, guys, this is probably one of those questions that is gonna land into subjectiveland, but I'mma try and get a small consensus anyway.

I took a moderately long hiatus this year, stopping in just to snag holidays and check my PMs. My question is...

What is the relative value of CB Metallics in relation with other breeds currently that are NOT 2G Prize/Thuwed/Spriter Alts?

I'm trying to figure out what might be a half decent proposal to present for one and if it would be in my means to actually do so.

Um, okay, I'll be talking about CB Metallics and their proportion to Tinsels, Shimmers and Coppers since those are the ones on top of mind when it comes to trading for CB Metals.

Tinsels: 3Gs can go for a 1:1, while 4Gs are iffier because tinsels have been around for a while. You can try asking for a CB Metal:4G rare lineaged tinsel, but for more common lines, you need a 3G.

Shimmers: I do a lot of shimmer trading and I've constantly gotten 1:1 trades for CB Metals using 4G Shimmers. If you have a 3G Shimmer, you can ask for 2 or even 3 depending on color and rarity of the lineage.

CB Coppers: I've seen some people with CB Green Coppers get a 1:1 trade, while for CB Red and Brown Coppers, you might want to try 2:1.

Hi (again). smile.gif I got on the Thuwed breeding list a few days back and someone offered me 2 3G Shimmers for it. At first, I was pretty satisfied with the offer but, since then, I've seen trades offering multiple CB Metallics for a 2G Thuwed. I'd like to know how many CB Metallics a 2G Thuwed is usually worth and would it be possible to get a 2G Shimmer for one?

Hmm, the high-end market for 2G thuweds is pretty small and it mostly depends on the lineage (if it's a commonly seen thuwed pair or not). You can try asking for 2-3 CB Metals for a 2G Thuwed at the moment, I think. Not sure if you can bump it up to 4.

As for 2G Shimmers, it used to be that it would be good enough to get on the list but right now the bigger problem is finding an open list as most owners already have their lists full. And for the ones which are relatively open, they're looking for more than one 2G Thuwed.

Edited by Valeth

Ok, guys, this is probably one of those questions that is gonna land into subjectiveland, but I'mma try and get a small consensus anyway.

I took a moderately long hiatus this year, stopping in just to snag holidays and check my PMs. My question is...

There's just not that many users that are willing to take CB common/uncommon hatchie trades for their CB Metallics.

1) If they can catch Metals they can catch basically anything else

2) They are not wanting a long termed IOU

3) You could bail on your IOU

I would say 50 CB Commons of their choice would pretty much make them consider the trade. I think it's even better if you make it in Pinks/Reds.

I'm only interested in one pairing of 2g Thuwed (sweet x sunsong) hence my offer of 4 CB metals is limited to that one alone. (wouldn't personally offer CB metals for any other Thuwed if that is any indication. Not sure about other people's offers.)

I've seen 2g Thuwed owners asking for 2g Shimmers and I haven't seen one be successful. You can get multiple CB Metallics if someone really likes the pairing or is just an avid collector. I really dislike MOST of the pairings on the Thuweds page and the only one I would ever consider overpaying on is the Gold x Bright Pink, Silver x White, and Winter x Holly.

There's no set worth for it, it varies from person to person, some people don't care about Thuweds at all and wouldn't offer anything for one. I'd say the offer you got is very nice, seeing that a 3rd gen Shimmer may go for more than one CB Metal.

Personally I've traded for 2nd gen Thuweds before, but never more than 2 Metals, from what I remember. To me, they are not worth more than that - they are lovely, but frankly speaking I think they're generally a bit overrated.

There are people who trade theirs for one CB Metallic, and yet there are users who attempt to get, like, five. The average would probably be, idk, a couple I guess?

Just my two cents, have to admit I'm not very experienced in Thuweds because I'm not desperate for them.

Got it. Thank you so much for the help! I guess I'll be sticking with the 3G Shimmers. biggrin.gif

Expect to wait a really long time on the list, though. I've been on it for nearly a year and a half now. Edited by Erica8798

As for everything else, the honest answer is: nothing, if you go by pure trade value.

This is pretty much the conclusion I had already come to before asking, it's just nice to get confirmation on it.

4G eggs from Shimmers and Tinsels are out of my means as well. I was mainly asking about trades pertaining to anything besides those three things, I suspect I should have clarified a bit better. I'd also -not- want to make any kind of IOU deals for that many hatchlings...that's just a bit ridiculous to have someone enter a deal such as that, both ways, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Thank you all for your input! It's very much appreciated.

This is pretty much the conclusion I had already come to before asking, it's just nice to get confirmation on it.

4G eggs from Shimmers and Tinsels are out of my means as well. I was mainly asking about trades pertaining to anything besides those three things, I suspect I should have clarified a bit better. I'd also -not- want to make any kind of IOU deals for that many hatchlings...that's just a bit ridiculous to have someone enter a deal such as that, both ways, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Thank you all for your input! It's very much appreciated.

That's the thing. Nowadays, it's impossible to find trades with CB golds going for anything else. If they do show up, they end up snatched real fast.

What are CB Winters worth nowadays? For some reason they're harder to snatch than Autumns were, and I'm having trouble trading for them. I'm offering (all CB) Nhio's, Red hatch, Blue Opal, GW and Thunder. Shouod I trade 2:1 or just be patient?

Do you think that it is possible to get a CB Gold for a CB Silver + a CB Brown Copper?

Do you think that it is possible to get a CB Gold for a CB Silver + a CB Brown Copper?

Yes. It's a perfectly fair trade.

Yes. It's a perfectly fair trade.

Okay great! I hope that I will get one offered then! laugh.gif

When I have an egg like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/A2i30, and another like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/v5nMP, which has greater value? (considering both pinks and golds with these lineage)

Seeking proximity I would say a 2gen is closer to a CB, would then have a greater value. However, one of 5gen more work to achieve and becomes more beautiful to see, so I'm confused as to what I can ask for in exchange for both...

* Ignore the fact of one them being descended from Thuwed, note only the lineage

==

Taking advantage of the post, what can I ask in exchange for this egg? http://dragcave.net/lineage/GCPqs

NOTE: I am sorry for english mistakes

Shimmer is pretty common, so I'd say a couple of CB trios, maybe 2nd gen metallic.

Most collectors will value more a 2nd gen, since they collect it purely so that they are able to say: I got this from Bright Pinks.

Thanks for the help, I'm not very good at trade laugh.gif

Edited by Caio13z

Is a CB blusang worth a CB Silver? If not, how many CB Winters or Ices could I realistically expect to get for it?

I'm not sure anyone with a CB Silver would be interested in one CB Blusang, but I've seen someone get a CB Metallic for, I believe, 8 CB Winters. smile.gif

EDIT: I didn't realize you meant the Blusang *bonks self on head*. xd.png Maybe you could get a bite of 2-3 CB Winters (though I've seen a trade on Dragonmarket asking for 1 CB Nebula and 1 CB Ember for 2, and another wants a 4G or 5G Shimmer for 3)?

Edited by Evolette

Maybe I was a bit too optimistic about their rarity then rolleyes.gif Hoping for a couple CB Winters, if not, I don't collect these so I'll swap it for anything useful for my projects.

What are CB Blacks going for? I'm trying to trade for things to either trade up for my secret santa giftee or trade down for multiples.

What are CB Blacks going for? I'm trying to trade for things to either trade up for my secret santa giftee or trade down for multiples.

Not much unless they're hatchies. I usually use them as trade fodder for new releases at 1:1. Older players seem to take it over newer players in my experience. smile.gif

I'd also -not- want to make any kind of IOU deals for that many hatchlings...that's just a bit ridiculous to have someone enter a deal such as that, both ways, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

with incubate and a common breed, you can easily send 20 hatchies in a week ... more if you have friends help you out. Someone sent me over 100 hatchies in 30 days. If you have more breeds you like, it gets even easier due to the new AP...

I'm not sure anyone with a CB Silver would be interested in one CB Blusang, but I've seen someone get a CB Metallic for, I believe, 8 CB Winters. smile.gif

EDIT: I didn't realize you meant the Blusang *bonks self on head*. xd.png Maybe you could get a bite of 2-3 CB Winters (though I've seen a trade on Dragonmarket asking for 1 CB Nebula and 1 CB Ember for 2, and another wants a 4G or 5G Shimmer for 3)?

The nebula and ember trader was me! I needed specific stuff for the Secret Santa. I can catch cb winters fairly easily but others can't so yeah @Mirhana 2-3 sounds fair.

Anyways, I need to know the difference in value between a cb neglected and a regular neglected. I can get most cbs easily (the exception being cb golds and cb silvers) and already caught a cb blusang and an unbreedable. What else should I offer for a cb neglected?

And no I'm not on here a lot *checks back thread* Ok nevermind, @Saynna you may have a point tongue.gif.

Edited by Sarah864