bluesonic1

Digital and Traditional Drawings!

>> Request Statuses: CLOSED.

Pokemon Wallpapers CLOSED.

Sketches CLOSED.

::Info Section::

**PLEASE read the rules on whatever you're wanting to request. No rules read = No image drawn, simple. Hopefully by making this giant, you'll read it now D:**

Well this is my art thread!

> I mainly draw Pokemon and dragons (not just DC ones).

> I can lineart and color on Photoshop too.

> I also do digital backgrounds/wallpapers, banners and avatars with ease.

> I do some nature photography too in my spare time.

> I can only do spriting to a VERY minimal level so don't ask for it!!

> DeviantArt: http://bluesonic1.deviantart.com

**Will VERY happily agree to do an art trade or do a collaborated drawing!

Note: I don't have a scanner so my traditional drawings are photos.

I'm new to drawing dragons, so if anyone can give me some anatomy tips, I will love you forever!

Examples of art:

Charizard Coloured Lineart (drawn by me)

Latios Sky Wallpaper

Lugia Underwater Wallpaper

Shaded Onix

Digital Lucario

Need anatomy help with these drawings:

Random Dragon (full body)

Horned/Frilled Amphithere

Practice based on Toxicneon's Ice Dragon

::Request Section::

> You need to give me the image(s) to manipulate.

> Take a look at my dA gallery or finished requests for examples.

> Avatars will be 100 x 100 and banners 400 x 400

> I DO NOT MAKE ADDITIONAL LINEART FOR THIS, I SIMPLY MANIPULATE OTHER IMAGES.

Request form for avatars and banners:

[B]Banner or Avatar?:[/B] 
[B]Image Link(s):[/B] 
[B]Text (if any):[/B] 
[B]Any particular font?:[/B] 
[B]Theme Color(s):[/B] 

Pokemon Wallpapers:

> For examples see my dA gallery or finished requests.

> IF YOU DON'T FILL OUT THE FORM PROVIDED PROPERLY I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE THE IMAGE YOU WANT!!

> In the Images section, you can provide specific Pokemon images you want me to use, otherwise I will use random ones.

> In Other you can write what specifics you want for the wallpaper (like do you want the Pokemon in a particular place), if you don't specify I will just assume artistic freedom.

> Please note, I won't be able to put Pokemon in a specific pose. I also can't take requests for the Pokemon to have certain specifications such as pose, facial expressions, unique colour patterns and etc. If you want the Pokemon to be doing or looking like something specific, then you need to give me that specified image. I DO NOT MAKE ADDITIONAL LINEART FOR THIS, I SIMPLY MANIPULATE OTHER IMAGES.

Request form for Pokemon wallpapers:

[B]Monitor Resolution:[/B]
[B]Theme Colour(s):[/B]
[B]Pokemon:[/B]
[B]Image(s):[/B]
[B]Text (if any):[/B]
[B]Other:[/B]

Pokemon Sketches:

> I will only take 2 at a time of these.

> Only 1 pokemon per drawing for the time being.

> No more 5th gen pokemon, I find no inspiration in them as I don't know them plus I don't want spoilers.

> Also I won't be doing a background as I'm terrible at them.

> Requests can be done as a traditional drawing on paper or digital, colour or no colour. Since I'm a novice too, I'll try my best to do poses...

> Also, I've added a "siggy copy" so if you want me to make a resized version for your signature, say yes there (I will give you both the full size image and the resized image).

Request form for Pokemon Sketches:

[B]Paper or Digital?:[/B]
[B]Pokemon:[/B]
[B]In Colour?:[/B]
[B]Pose/Details?:[/B]
[B]Siggy Copy?:[/B]

::Other::

Request List:

Pokemon Wallpapers:

Pokemon Sketches:

Finished Requests:

Banner for Skypool

Art trade with Steph1331

Vhyxalas' Grovyle and Flygon

Satyr's Boappu

Digidude's Tsunbear

Arroquinn's Arcanine

Kassa_Pyro's Salamence

warewolves' Latias Wallpaper

Edited by bluesonic1

Mm, nice artwork! And photoshop skillz xd.png

As for the anatomy, I'm not very... ah, professional at it. xd.png But the key things wrong are the chest and stomach, and the spine. That's all I could find wrong. You can use human, dog, horse, and cat anatomy for the spine and the chest+stomach, and if anything else doesn't fit in with the picture afterwards, it'd stick out or something. ^^'

Banner or Avatar?:Banner

Image Link(s):[http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=104479/B]

Text (if any): CE Power Lineage

Any particular font?: None

Theme Color(s): Doesn't matter

Umm you didn't really specify an image? If you want DC dragons on it, please tell me which ones...

Mm, nice artwork! And photoshop skillz xd.png

As for the anatomy, I'm not very... ah, professional at it. xd.png But the key things wrong are the chest and stomach, and the spine. That's all I could find wrong. You can use human, dog, horse, and cat anatomy for the spine and the chest+stomach, and if anything else doesn't fit in with the picture afterwards, it'd stick out or something. ^^'

Thanks!

Ooh I thought the legs would be first to go lol, they stick out HEAPS. But yeah, I'll take a look at the anatomies you suggested there, thanks very much! <33

I think you need a bit of work with the way you take photos of your drawings. I don't have a scanner either/take photos of all my drawings.

Also, simple-ish tutorial on dragon anatomy.

Yeah the poor photo quality of those pictures may have something to do with the fact that I took them at night and my camera is terrible in high ISO settings xd.png But that tutorial is AWESOME! Thanks so much for the link!!!!! =D

@Skypool: You're request is done! Use anywhere you want but please give credit =)

Yeah the poor photo quality of those pictures may have something to do with the fact that I took them at night and my camera is terrible in high ISO settings xd.png But that tutorial is AWESOME! Thanks so much for the link!!!!! =D

Well, yeah, daylight gives a time restriction for taking photos of drawings (especially in winter in my northern country :V). Basically - find a surface which is lit by even light (in my case it's a wonderful wide windowsill). When you take the photo of the drawing, make sure that the perspective isn't skewed, that is, that you're holding the camera parallel to the surface of the drawing and that it more or less fits withing the frame. If needed, crop the excess space around your drawing. I usually have to boost up contrasts and eat away any yucky grey tones that appear where white surfaces should be. That often gives odd edges where the coloured parts turn to the white background, but it's still better than the grey parts that make it immediately visible, that it was photographed.

Also, but that's because of my camera, my photos often turn out a bit colder than the original drawings and I have to skew the colour balance a bit in favour to yellow and red tones.

Well, yeah, daylight gives a time restriction for taking photos of drawings (especially in winter in my northern country :V). Basically - find a surface which is lit by even light (in my case it's a wonderful wide windowsill). When you take the photo of the drawing, make sure that the perspective isn't skewed, that is, that you're holding the camera parallel to the surface of the drawing and that it more or less fits withing the frame. If needed, crop the excess space around your drawing. I usually have to boost up contrasts and eat away any yucky grey tones that appear where white surfaces should be. That often gives odd edges where the coloured parts turn to the white background, but it's still better than the grey parts that make it immediately visible, that it was photographed.

Also, but that's because of my camera, my photos often turn out a bit colder than the original drawings and I have to skew the colour balance a bit in favour to yellow and red tones.

Yeah I'm not too worried about catching colours and contrasts on my pictures because I only colour them on Photoshop, so they will always be pencil lines. But thanks very much for pointing out the perspective thing because now that you mention it, the book I sketch in and take pictures from does have a bend in it so it does cause possible perspective problems in that sense. I will defo keep that in mind for next time. Ily ^^ <3

Also, I don't know what camera you have, by see if a portrait mode would work better for you? Usually that helps bring out colours in the picture, but that's my camera at least (which is a digital compact so quality ain't it's forte lol).

Hey BlueSonic could you give me a code please! By the way it looks incredible!

I love your drawings, Would you be willing to do a art trade with me?

I can draw, wolfs, dragons and a couple other things. I'm steph1331 on devaintart if you want to see some of my art.

If so, I'd like to have a pokemon screen saver in return (Like the one you made for lugia but for a diffrent pokemon) If thats okay?

Ooh yes yes, I'm looking forward to this! I will do the best I can with your background!

What pokemon are you after? Also, theme colours to be used on the background? Also, what's the resolution of your monitor so I can optimize it for your screen.

Would it be ok if you do two wolves; one white with blue markings (around the eye, rump and front right leg) who's sitting and looking at the ground and a black one with white markings (eye and chest) about to pounce on the unsuspecting white wolf?

Otherwise just the white wolf with the blue markings sitting staring at a flower on the ground.

p.s. Shape and style of markings are up to you ^^

Many thank you's ^^

Ooh yes yes, I'm looking forward to this! I will do the best I can with your background!

What pokemon are you after? Also, theme colours to be used on the background? Also, what's the resolution of your monitor so I can optimize it for your screen.

Would it be ok if you do two wolves; one white with blue markings (around the eye, rump and front right leg) who's sitting and looking at the ground and a black one with white markings (eye and chest) about to pounce on the unsuspecting white wolf?

Otherwise just the white wolf with the blue markings sitting staring at a flower on the ground.

p.s. Shape and style of markings are up to you ^^

Many thank you's ^^

Sweet!

I would love a background with Futachimaru (Wotters second evolution, its a 5th gen pokemon) and Raichu. If possible have it where Raichu is on one side and Futachimaru is on the other and have it where the side Raichu is on, Be one color and the other side where Futachimaru is be another. In the middle where the two colors would meet, I'd like it to say something like "Opisites attract" :3

If you don't or can't do Futachimaru, You can do Quilava instead. My computers resultion is set at 1280X800 pixels

I can definitly do the first! ^^ I can't wait to draw that *Really likes drawings wolfs*

Your welcome, Thank you for being willing to do a art trade with me :3

You're very welcome, thanks for doing an art trade with me!

I had quite a lot of time on my hands today so I manage to finish your request: http://bluesonic1.deviantart.com/art/Oppos...tract-185291807 .

I still have the original PSD on Photoshop so don't hesitate to tell me if something needs fixing because I can do it with ease =)

Your welcome!

Kool! I love it, It looks awesome ^^

I just need to get my sketch on my computer and then line it and color it on my computer and I'll be done. I should have it done later today :3

Banner or Avatar?: Avatar

Image Link(s): Here's sorta a rough image, user posted image just try and make it look better and wick, K?

Text (if any): The Word darkness

Any particular font?: None particular just any that looks good.

Theme Color(s): The word red and the background black.

Also is there anyway you can make the word darkness look sorta metalic, like my two avatars at the moment? Also make it look wick(awesome looking), K?

I tried applying a metallic effect to it but because the image is so small it didn't work out. Still, here's the avatar:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m259/bluesonic1/avatar.png]

Also, I don't know what camera you have, by see if a portrait mode would work better for you? Usually that helps bring out colours in the picture, but that's my camera at least (which is a digital compact so quality ain't it's forte lol).

DDDDDD:::::

Sorry, was away from this board for a while.

I usually use a zoom camera (it's a hybrid between compact and dSLR) for taking pictures of drawings (because transferring photos from my dSLR takes more work) , usually in aperture priority mode. I set the white balance so that it would approximately correspond to what I see with my eyes. After the picture is taken, I edit the colours, if needed, in GIMP (free version of Photoshop-like software, but there are many things you can use to boost the quality/realism of your photos), I don't rely on camera throwing out the best result - the image straight from the camera always has less contrast than how I see it, so I edit that and my particular camera has a tendency to make drawings look a bit colder-toned, so I usually have to tweak colour balance in favour to red and yellow. Just a bit.

All this I've found out mostly on my own, by experimenting with taking photos with various camera settings/lighting conditions and trying various things when editing the photos.

Ooh I was thinking of getting a zoom or just a dSLR camera myself but since I tend to do a lot of outdoor shooting with my camera I went for the rugged digital type =P And yeah I have Photoshop to help edit the pictures I take afterwards although you're right, it is quite a self-learning process. There's always just so much more you can learn tweaking and pressing random keys than following tutorials XP