Qwackie

Cats

When your favorite roleplay character is a crazy cat lady and also half-cat, you know you like cats. rolleyes.gif

Favorite domestic breed? Heck, I love them all.

I have two cats, one of which dislikes the other.

Favorite nondomestic? I'd have to say a leopard or snow leopard. Panthers are awesome too.

I love cats so much, always have done. Bugging my Mum to let us get a pet cat... we had a cat named Tiger for about 9 years but she managed to run away a few summers ago and never came back (she's an indoor cat and my little brother left the window open... we live four stories up and she jumped out and ran away :c)

I have been having an EXTREMELY bad day with my cats today! First i accidentally stepped on one of their tails (It wasn't hard and she's fine) then I accidentally trip on one of them when I'm trying to go up the stairs and then I accidentally step (lightly) on the paw of the same one I tripped over. eitehr I'm just not being as careful as I normally am today or my cats are just getting in my way at bad times today.

I'm having a bit off trouble with one of my cats. Blackie, a five year old female bombay, has been ripping her stomach fur out. She just lays on her back and keeps licking her belly fur out. Any of you cat owners know why she is doing this while my other two cats aren't?

I like all cats. I actually owned many cats in the past, but, due to my father's job, I had to leave my furry companions behind. Until now, that is. I currently own 3 cats, 2 Domestic Shorthairs/housecats (Sakura & Phoenix (the latter being the youngest and only male of the group) and a Siamese cat (Powder, originally was supposedly my uncle's but I ended up taking care of her).

I'm not too sure if this can be part of this topic, but does anyone else like the musical Cats?

@lulubelle00: Could it have something to do with you cat being stressed? Or could it be some form of redirected aggression?

I'm not too sure myself since none of the cats that either I or my family owned have had that sort of problem. I would recommend getting her to a vet, just in case, though.

Edited by Kimoko_the_Dragon

I have two lovely cats. One boy and one girl. They're both indoor cats only (I see too many cats get hurt outdoors) I also have a bunch of stray cats that hang around my house that I feed and give attention to.

but back to my actual cats. the boy is named Jazzy and he's a shorthair. and the girl is named Darcy (we got her from my late aunt) she's a gorgeous long hair. they're both grey and just the sweetest cats ever. Jazzy's about 2-3 years old, Darcy is a little over a year.

if its allowed on the thread and anybody wants to see them, I have pictures of my pretty kitties I'd be willing to share smile.gif

if its allowed on the thread and anybody wants to see them, I have pictures of my pretty kitties I'd be willing to share

I'd love to see them! I love grey-haired kitties.. happy.gif

I love cats! Sadly I'm allergic to them though.. I have two cats even though I am. They're mainly outside cats now. I let my little cat in at night, shes so small. I think she might be a mixed breed I'm not really sure what kind of cat she is. If I knew how to post pictures here I would. xd.png

I love cats. Can't have any though due to my dad being allergic,though I stroke all the cats I see on the streets that'll let me. tongue.gif

Here's my fluffball:

user posted image

She was hurt recently, so I am making sure she's an indoor kitty from now on. sad.gif

U wU

I absolutely love cats. I used to own one, but my brother left the window open one Summer and she ran away. She was an indoor cat, so yeah. We had her for about eight years, maybe longer. I cried so hard.

My Mum says we might get a new one, now it's been a few years. Gonna adopt a rescue cat hopefully.

My friends say I'm the human embodiment of a cat, as well, so I apparently act a lot like them, which might contribute to why I love them so much~!

I love all kinds of cats biggrin.gif.

They are also my most favorite animal~!

I have cats at home and I love them xd.png.

I have five cats biggrin.gif

Our oldest cat is 20 and she's an outdoor gray maine coon named Nancy. She doesn't like people very much~ Nancy!

Then I have Charlie (aka Charles) a red Persian who is 12 this year. He has the most personality out of all our cats and he's the sweetest boy. smile.gifCharlie!

Then we have Martin a black and white outdoor cat who is 4 years old. He loves to catfight and his ears are all torn up, but he's a sweetie and he'll love on you until he gets overstimulated and bites. He's a really big boy - 16 pounds! Mart!

Then I have Lily who isn't even a year old yet. She's a Tonkinese (a Burmese/Siamese mix) and she's really small but she can be very moody. She only wants to be held when it's convenient for HER.

And then finally we have Billie Joe (JoJo) who is 3 days younger than Lily and is also a Tonkinese. He has an extremely long tail and he loves to talk and love on people. <3 He's kinda stupid though. Jojo and Lily (Jojo has his eyes more open).

She was hurt recently, so I am making sure she's an indoor kitty from now on

She is beautiful! I hope she is okay. smile.gif

Here is our baby. We have three indoor (Yoki being the youngest) and take care of three strays.

user posted image

I am a dog person. I am allergic to cats. However, I have 3 of them. None were intentional, but apparently my house has a flashing neon sign that says "Stray Cats Gather Here" and I'm too much of a softie to turn them away. cool.gif

I have:

Sprout, a 1 year old black cat who is the spawn of satan.

Pumpkin, am orange 10 month old Manx who pretends to be Freddy Krueger when she's cranky.

Buff, a 5 year old buff colored kitty who had his eye sockets broken/nose broken/jaws broken/skull fractured as a kitten by my great dane and lived to tell about it with only minor visible evidence. He is a miracle cat, and has forgiven the great dane completely. They are best buds. (The near fatal mishap was an accident and not intentional. My great dane adores my cats)

oh dear god i love cats. they are my most favorite creatures, paws-down. + w +

choosing a favorite is so hard because of it, i literally love every cat breed to pieces! however, i do have a fondness that i hold only for caracals. c: i also love tigers and ocelots!

but as for domestic cats, i love hairless, maine coon, tortoiseshell, and siamese cats the best. > w <

i plan that, when i am older and have my own house with my dear, i will adopt cats/kittens from shelters and just get so many ahhhh. ♥

i currently have two cats though - one is a black and white calico she-cat with mint eyes, and the other a grey tabby she-cat with dull green eyes. their names are shadow and ashes, respectively. c: ashes however, is a feral cat that we found under our house on a rainy day and she basically became 'ours'. we feed her and water her and have provided her a make-shift bed on a stack of wooden palettes outside beside our garage, and she can often be seen there napping when she isn't out doing cat things.

i love them both though, however shadow is my best friend. ♥

I'd love to see them! I love grey-haired kitties..  happy.gif

omg, I forgot all about this thread blink.gif

anyway, pictures of kitties ahoy

Jazzy: user posted image

Darcy: user posted image

I love cats. I've always preferred them over dogs. They have more personality and are free-er. I guess I've always had a problem with dogs because they're usually submissive, but cats most certainly are not. They are brave and confident creatures. Not to mention beautiful.

My household has three cats, one of which is mine. She's my best friend and I love her. Her name is Caramel. She's persistent and sweet. Likes to lay right next to me any time I'm on my bed. She's very vocal when she wants something. And lazy.

Her sister, Lilly, belongs to my sister. She's quite fluffy and soft. Beautiful, like her sister, but they don't look much alike considering Caramel is a gray tabby and Lilly looks more like a maine coon. She spends most of her time outside and only really seeks out people when she wants to be petted.

The third cat is Gizmo. He's got a lot of personality and is the leader of the house. Well, he thinks he is. He also spends a lot of time outside. If he's inside, he's curled up sleeping, usually somewhere unconventional for us humans. When I climb trees, he has recently decided to follow me so I can pet him while high up in the sky.

My favorite domestic breeds are havana browns because they're beautiful, Turkish vans because they have webbed toes[that is so cool >.>], bengals because they are wild-like and beautiful, and toygers because who doesn't want a cat that looks like a tiger roaming through their house?

I've always been really fond of big cats. Predators in general, really. I love tigers, leopards- any and all of them. Cheetahs are by far my favorite and will always be one of my favorite animals. Big cats are powerful, gorgeous, and wild. They instill so much wonder and grace, strength and courage. It's something amazing, like with all great predators.

I'd like to work with cats when I'm older. I want to be an animal behaviorist and train animals. Preferably start with dogs, then move onto cats, then birds of prey or seals. Finding out why animals do what they do is absolutely thrilling. Cats in particular interest me because they're hard to train. It'll be a challenge. They only like to do what they like to do, and I relish the thought of discovering how to train them. I've seen it done and want to be able to do that too.

My cats;

Caramel;

user posted image

Lilly;

user posted image

Gizmo;

user posted image

^^

I'm not overly fond of toygers. I used to be before I discovered bengals, which are used in the toyger breed... I don't feel like they're really making progress as a breed -- they had goals they wanted to reach by 2010 and they still haven't achieved them in their breed. I just stick to bengals.

I don't know much about them besides that they're really pretty, sadly. I'm going to try and research some stuff about them and the other breeds I like. It's unfortunate to hear they're not making much progress =/

I just don't feel like the breed is big enough at this point for there to be much drive behind it. I like to see breeding with the intent of improving the breed, which I'm sure the Toyger breeds are doing, but I'm just not seeing it.

I do love Bengals though. When I can afford their price tag I'm going to add one to my life.

I have 4 cats, they are Singapuras. They are very nice, even if they are a little short in the brains department. biggrin.gif