chickenhound

Minecraft!

re - 1.8 anyone having FPS problems with this version? i have windows 8 and my laptop is less than a year old. 1.7 i didn't really have many problems (it would glitch when a lot of mobs were around, as far as minning, but nothing to ruin the game) now its unplayable with out setting the priority to "above normal" and running it through an optimizer and opti-fine unsure.gif i updated the graphics card and keep my PC clean with defraging, wise PC and CCleaner ... and i only play single player, and alter the settings at minimal (clouds off, decreased particles, max FPS, render <10, ect), so its not a server lagging FPS.

without opti-fine (the 1.7 version) i get below 5 FPS, with opti-fine i get between 20-50 FPS (which is smooth enough, but again i've never had to install Opti-fine until now)

just want to know if its a me thing, or an update thing.

whats everyones fav new add on from the 1.8 update?

i'm stuck between rabbits giving a new option for leather wub.gif, sheep dropping meat wub.gif or stackable doors.

yes i'm simple like that laugh.gif up until this update, my favorite features were coal blocks and red stone blocks laugh.gif seriously, i jumped for joy at coal blocks, <3 freeing up inventory space like that. (when i mine, i take ALL the resources and hoarde them *cackles* one day i'm going to mine all the resources in my world and have them in one storage loft 0.0

@DVG - re:downloading. when you purchase the game for download (on PC, Mac and handheld) you have to create a mojang account (separate site from minecraft.net but same user name and profile) this is the site where you enter your redeeming code.

mojang stores this code in their database and attaches it to your account; this way when you switch computers, or have multiple computer you can re-download the software you purchased to a new computer without re-buying the software and so you dont have to sorry about losing the game when you reformat your pc or buy a new pc. its kinda like storing music in your iTunes account and re-loading it on a new MP3 player.

for instance with the single code i purchased back in 2010, i have installed the game 5 times on my older laptop (kept having to reformat the old 2003 dinosaur), my current laptop, my husbands laptop (so i could play until i got my new laptop) and a desktop PC i use as well.

the only thing it doesn't do is keep your saved data from your devices. if you have a world started in a browser and then download the game, it will copy over your last saved data from the browser on that computer (or IP address).

unless your on a server, theres no way to play in the same world continuously on different PC's sad.gif

Here's Markus 'Notch' Persson's farewell letter to Minecraft fans

I can understand his decision and respect it. I want to get Minecraft for PC and all that still so that won't change. I just hope minecraft remains the same mostly. It's fun to mess around in but I don't want it to have some exclusive thing to the Xbox or PC. So I am hoping it doesn't come to that.

^ ditto.

had no idea microbucks purchased mojang, or that most of the developers were stepping down ( Jeb and Jenn are staying right unsure.gif )

i knew notch hadn't been part of minecraft for a while (like 2010 iirc) and i'm glad that he's finally able to cut ties with it like he's been wanting. no sense being bogged down by something or feeling trapped by something. i just hate how the public has reacted to him as whole tbh reading some of the comments on other sites, sometimes i truely wonder about people and their priorities and such. anyways i wish Notch well and hope that he's able to enjoy whatever he goes on to do.

Edited by Red2111

After the longest time of saying "no way, Jose" to my cousin, she still bought me Minecraft as a birthday present some months ago.

SO FUN. SO ADDICTING.

I can't believe I was saying no to this!

After a while I started asking my cousin if there were ways to add your own content to the game and she said yes and introduced me to Techne.

Since then, I've been making my own hats and masks for the Hats Mod.

Pokemon, promotional Whosawhatsits stuff, moon and sun masks, Luna's Gryffindor Lion hat from Harry Potter, cats, and a ghast mask (get it? bad pun...) with more along the way. (INCLUDING BEANZ'S FAERIE WINGS)

If you have any suggestions or requests I'm happy to waste my time doing that tongue.gif

Or if you have the hats mod installed and would like me to send you hats / masks I've worked on, let me know.

user posted imageuser posted image

I am downloaded the captainsparklez super moded survival mods from his new lets play (I did it individually), anyone good mods to add to it?

I had a pixelmon mod once. It was pretty cool! Wish I had played it in multiplayer though...

Haha, I just looked at the thread title and thought, "But this is the minecraft forums! This thread is going to get locked." Then I realized that I'm on the dragon cave forums, not the minecraft forums.

On mah old SMP server OmegaRealm, since Jeb added all the new entities, biomes, and bugfixes, whenever the server lagged, my (ex- sad.gif)boyfriend had a wonderful idea to tell everyone to spam "#BlameJeb". Now the tag has shifted to "#BlameMicrosoft".

Some things I've heard about the M-Update--what my server calls the Microsoft Update-- are one, it gives you elbows and knees. Two, the Enderdragon falls asleep. What the hell? I can see the whole elbows/knees thing, because think of the way you walk without em.

I've always envisioned the Dragon to be spawn camping the obsidian spawn platform. Not flying around the End. :/ Not sure if this is just me.

I attempted to build a mansion out of wood today but... Lightning struck the roof, fire spread was on and the whole thing pretty much burned down. Never doing that in a thunderstorm again.

I've been playing MC for... I don't know, couple years. Though really my play time is probably fairly low. XD I tend to die like RIGHT when I get diamonds, I can live without armor, no food, half a heart, forever it seems. But the second I get a diamond I die, even if I had full health and some kind of armor on. So I kind of rage quit. A lot. Then don't play for months. Lol. But before I rage quit I have lots of fun! Minecraft is an awesome game. <3

Edited by DragonGal321

I've been playing Minecraft for two years now, and it's been so much fun! biggrin.gif I really like to use HD resource packs and fun mods. My favorite mods include Pixelmon, Dragon Mounts, and Mo'Creatures.

i got minecraft last christmas from my bro and decided i would revive it again this year around the same time with my boyfriend! i got a server set up so i could play with a few friends (if anyone wants to learn how i can link you to a great tutorial that takes about 20 mins to do). i'll be posting some pics of the house we made later! i'm super proud of it.

underneath of our house we just happened to find a HUGE cave that goes under the near by ocean and all the surrounding openings to caves we've explored have eventually led back to the cave under our house!

i also have little to no knowledge of minecraft yet haha. i keep finding villager zombies in the caves but i can't find any village near our house? all i have going are super simple wheat, tree, cow, and chicken farm going on that's helping us survive and is going well. can anyone link me to some ressources that might be able to tell me a bit more about the game in general??? i've been watching "how to survive and thrive" on youtube but that's about as far as my knowledge goes.

Edited by Matmetchi

Villager zombies are just a random generation chance of regular zombies. They don't actually necessarily come from villagers. It's kinda weird like that.

I'm planning on getting the game when we have a computer again, and I was wondering (if anyone here knows), since I hear 1.8 is buggy/laggy, is there a way to play on 1.7 and up or do you have to use 1.8? huh.gif

I'm planning on getting the game when we have a computer again, and I was wondering (if anyone here knows), since I hear 1.8 is buggy/laggy, is there a way to play on 1.7 and up or do you have to use 1.8? huh.gif

you can play any of the versions now, go to edit profile and versions, press the one you want and save profile.

also yay xbox 360 minecraft has horses now :3

you can play any of the versions now, go to edit profile and versions, press the one you want and save profile.

also yay xbox 360 minecraft has horses now :3

Ah, awesome! :3 Thank you for the info :3

Well... been playing Minecraft since 2014's beginning, but... after the 1.8. came around, I took hiatus. Because I had to wait for some things. But now that the things got updated on my end... back into the game!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

We could say that I am... grand-scale builder.

And here's beginning of my latest project...

user posted image

In case someone's wondering (though I don't think it needs any introductions), I'm using Misa's Realistic texture pack with some patches provided by pair of people.

I was wondering if a thread like this existed. I love minecraft~ MY boyfriend and I play it whenever we can though with his classes and my looking for a new job we don't have much time for it at all. During the time I was in New Mexico to visit him we got to play via LAN and playing with him is the most amazing and hilarious thing ever. We enabled lava oceans and rivers and the spawn world we got was amazing. there was lava intermixing with swamp area and it was literally a hot mess of water lava and obsidian. We got attacked by a butt load of mobs on our first night and had to take refuge in that hot mess of a swamp and it was just so much fun.

Since I've come back from my trip to visit him I started my own single player world and got lucky with my spawn point being a few blocks away from a village which will become my town. I'm a build a castle, rebuild their homes, and expand the village around my castle like some kind of medieval city~

Well... been playing Minecraft since 2014's beginning, but... after the 1.8. came around, I took hiatus. Because I had to wait for some things. But now that the things got updated on my end... back into the game!

Dude, your build is gorgeous. Now I really, really want to build a dragon's head structure in the server I play on. It looks like yours is made of smooth stone, granite, and glowstone. Is that close?

Dude, your build is gorgeous. Now I really, really want to build a dragon's head structure in the server I play on. It looks like yours is made of smooth stone, granite, and glowstone. Is that close?

Thanks. :3 The dragon is made from stone (it's everywhere! x3 ), iron blocks for horns and glowstone for eyes. So one was incorrect (though iron block is bit different due to texture pack)

Took quite a few hours to make. I'm still yet to design the labyrinth that leads inside the dragon (yes, the dragon is hollow), but it is in nice beginning.

Okay, so... "pretty building designer" (I like that nick zorua x3 ) has more thingies. :3 From the oh so grand project. I let the flow just go.

user posted image

I don't know how I had the patience, but these stairs actually reach all the way to the bedrock (thought occurred "wait, is that bedrock?"). Took a peek at how far the Void was, which was 5 blocks away. The stairs are 11 blocks wide...

user posted image

...and they divide into three 3-block wide stairs to different places. While the main one continued all the way to the bedrock, I had the side paths divide into three paths. What they will have will be left to future. The other side has it mirrored. The stairs on these side paths which go down, are at same level as the floor of the main stair's hall.

...least to say, they took a lot of counting and reassuring that the bottom floors are at the same level.

user posted image

The hallway of the main pathway keeps going forward (because I couldn't go down anymore, haha!). The path is narrow, but as one keeps walking forward...

user posted image

user posted image

...it gets wider and wider. Though of course, path ends there... buuut...

user posted image

...here's sneak peak of how large the room is going to be over there. I tell you, it's no small room.

Thanks. :3 The dragon is made from stone (it's everywhere! x3 ), iron blocks for horns and glowstone for eyes. So one was incorrect (though iron block is bit different due to texture pack)

Took quite a few hours to make. I'm still yet to design the labyrinth that leads inside the dragon (yes, the dragon is hollow), but it is in nice beginning.

Okay, so... "pretty building designer" (I like that nick zorua x3 ) has more thingies. :3 From the oh so grand project. I let the flow just go.

user posted image

I don't know how I had the patience, but these stairs actually reach all the way to the bedrock (thought occurred "wait, is that bedrock?"). Took a peek at how far the Void was, which was 5 blocks away. The stairs are 11 blocks wide...

user posted image

...and they divide into three 3-block wide stairs to different places. While the main one continued all the way to the bedrock, I had the side paths divide into three paths. What they will have will be left to future. The other side has it mirrored. The stairs on these side paths which go down, are at same level as the floor of the main stair's hall.

...least to say, they took a lot of counting and reassuring that the bottom floors are at the same level.

user posted image

The hallway of the main pathway keeps going forward (because I couldn't go down anymore, haha!). The path is narrow, but as one keeps walking forward...

user posted image

user posted image

...it gets wider and wider. Though of course, path ends there... buuut...

user posted image

...here's sneak peak of how large the room is going to be over there. I tell you, it's no small room.

Jegus, give me some of your awesome building skills! That is just gorgeus and amazing and I wanna roll around in it if I could. Like just rollaround and go "ahhhhhh~ hahhhhhhh~ Yesssss~ So pretty~" But then again I'm a werido like that so don't worry about it.

I've known a few amazing builders and totally envy them because I can't do that and make things look cool and awesome and grand. I can make like a little hut. Das about it. Yep.