Completely Different

Doctor Who

And tomorrow Saturday, the new companion will be revealed. Place your bets biggrin.gif

Have you seen the new companion? I'm so disappointed. It's another young female. New Who just does the same thing over and over again.

Yep. We'll see... I am not holding my expectations very high until Moffat leaves the show. He penned brilliant episodes, but lately the Doctor seemed just the companion and not the center of the show.

I hope this girl doesn't take the spotlight.

Spoilers, in case you don't want to know who they chose:

'“Introducing Pearl Mackie as Bill.” So read the on-screen caption at the end of a short, sparky clip which saw Peter Capaldi’s Doctor and his new time-travelling companion hiding from the Daleks in a space station corridor.'

Bill? Can't we give a female companion a female name?!?

Has anyone else heard that there will be no new episodes of DW until next year? My brother read that somewhere and I am unsure if it's true. The only new episode this year will be for Christams dry.gif

No! That's one of the only good shows on TV that I get. Guess I won't be watching much TV for a while. dry.gif

Oh, my. You have no idea how relieved I am to find a thread about Doctor Who here! I personally like 10th and 11th, my favorite companion is either Clara or Amy. Favorite episodes are The Angels Take Manhattan, Blink and the one with the Cyberplanner in the doctor's head-Matt Smith's acting is just so good in that one!

Oh, my. You have no idea how relieved I am to find a thread about Doctor Who here! I personally like 10th and 11th, my favorite companion is either Clara or Amy. Favorite episodes are The Angels Take Manhattan, Blink and the one with the Cyberplanner in the doctor's head-Matt Smith's acting is just so good in that one!

Welcome! biggrin.gif

Blink is one of my favourite episodes, too.

Got my new sonic today!

user posted image

Very pretty and nicely made, cost me about $40 with shipping. has 4 light settings including the blue spinning light effect, each with its own sound effect. The metal strut / cage thing at the bottom is surprisingly ergonomic and nice to hold, I imagine there was a lot of design effort put into the original to get it just right.

Had to bring this topic back to life because Doctor Who IS life.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about that new "Class" Spin-off.

The first episode was a couple days ago, and I was wondering if it was worth watching, because I'm hoping to find it on IPlayer happy.gif

I'm assuming it'll be good because

1. It's related to Dr. Who.

2. Other Spinoffs (Ie: Torchwood) were amazing.

3. DOCTOR WHOOOOO

Although, if they do start making more spinoffs, I want to see a spinoff of Clara and Ashildr, since Clara technically is immortal until she returns to Gallifrey, and she did say they were going the "long way round". So I'm hopefull xd.png

plus i kinda ship them in a weird way #Clashildr >.>

Ooh, I'd forgotten about Class. Haven't seen it so can't help you there.

Loved the Sarah Jane Adventures spinoff! (Love Sarah Jane...)

Didn't like Ashildr...

I ended up being able to watch it on iplayer, it seems pretty decent. Had a lot more "gore" in the second episode than I expected, but I think it's more adult than the main Doctor Who series. And there was a really feelsy moment at the end of the first episode. I won't spoil it anymore though.

I will say it's obviously not as good as the main series, but until the new series does come out next year, at least it is something decent to tide me over.

Now I just have to wonder whether Doctor Who or Sherlock series airs first >.>

Favourite Episode: The Girl Who Waited

Favourite Doctor: The 11th because he is funny and the 12th because he is the most sciencey doctor in Doctor Who Revived

Favourite Companion: Rose and Amy because they are AMAZING!

Any opinions on the Christmas Special? I enjoyed it. Especially the mention to River

Edited by Naughtrish

I enjoyed it, too. I like Capaldi's Doctor. And yes, I liked that bit, too! biggrin.gif

I feel like a very bad fan for not posting here for a while.

First, very very sad to hear the news about Sir John Hurt, aka the War Doctor. After 11 and 12 he's been my favourite incarnation of the Doctor and had hoped to meet Sir John (well, I did in my line of work, but that's all I can say on that matter). I intend to cos-play as him at some point, which given I naturally have a goatee makes it a little more obvious a choice than playing as Eleven again!

Class was good fun actually. It was clearly a Young Adult story at points (such as a teenage girl getting super powers to control an army, teenage boy secretly being Prince to a race of aliens) but that didn't get in the way of me enjoying the hell out of it, and I look forward to seeing the next season. The main bad guys were surprisingly enjoyable and are a fairly formidable enemy; they're not the same tier as Daleks, Cybermen and Angels, but I'd definitely put them as second tier.

The Xmas special was good fun to watch, and was nice to see the Doctor back again on screen aside from a short guest spot in Class.

https://wholanta.com/

Wholanta is the former Timegate and takes place May 5-7, 2017 in Atlanta, GA, USA.

See the website for all the info you need on the con. smile.gif

The schedule is now live!

There is a costume track and a masquerade, plus costume/cosplay photoshoots.

I'm enjoying the new season and new companion, Bill!

It's refreshing to have standalone episodes once again.

I really need to catch up with this TV Series, I'm somewhere in the first season with Peter Capaldi as the Doctor biggrin.gif

I'm enjoying the new season and new companion, Bill!

It's refreshing to have standalone episodes once again.

Oh GOD yes. I often miss them (I STILL don't know quite what happened to Clara !)

Tonight's was BRILLIANT. (The Thames)

Favourite Episode: There are many wonderful episodes, that I can not decide for one. Some of my favs are "Survival", "The Greatest Show in the Galaxy", "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances" ...

Favourite Doctor: the seventh (he was my first doctor), tenth, ninth, first and twelfth doctor.

Favourite Companion: Ace, Cpt. Jack Harkness

This season is more like the old ones used to be. Very enjoyable. I made my husband jump when I shouted "It's Alpha Centauri"!

I'm totally sold on Capaldi, wish he'd stick around a bit longer.

I like Bill too. Didn't at first but she grew fast on me.

The Girl Who Waited is a special favourite.

This season so far.. Knock Knock was good fun stand alone, Oxygen was clever... Extremis is quite good...

Can't wait to find out who the new doctor will be... but will miss Peter.

It's been a good series.  Not too sure about the ending, although I was glad that missy's gone.  I knew the original one was going to make an appearance, should have known it would be at the very end!

Please God, someone worthy to play the Doctor...