Completely Different

Doctor Who

I'm totally sold on Capaldi, wish he'd stick around a bit longer.

I like Bill too. Didn't at first but she grew fast on me.

The Girl Who Waited is a special favourite.

This season so far.. Knock Knock was good fun stand alone, Oxygen was clever... Extremis is quite good...

Can't wait to find out who the new doctor will be... but will miss Peter.

It's been a good series.  Not too sure about the ending, although I was glad that missy's gone.  I knew the original one was going to make an appearance, should have known it would be at the very end!

Please God, someone worthy to play the Doctor...

I read that it is confirmed that Clara will make an appearance in the Christmas special. *meh*

I only hope she is NOT going to be the next Doctor.

Heaven forbid.  Call me old-fashioned but I like to see an older male doctor.  And I'm glad to see the back of Moffat writing episodes as well.

Could we please not have spoilers for the Christmas episode, please? I'm trying very hard to NOT know what's coming. Thanks. :)
Yes, Moffatt was great for singles like Blink, but his story arcs left me not even watching some episodes.

OK Just binged episode 2-12 instead of sleeping.

I can't wait for the Christmas special.

I really hope I can avoid being spoiled (besides the teaser trailer) and gods know I'm gonna miss 

Bill, Peter Capaldi, Missy (While this would have been the ONLY way the Master might actually die, I DON't believe they will stay dead - they're too beloved a character) and very probably the whole easter-eggy nods to OLD!Who (unlike Chibnall really surprises me in that regard), with Sherlock on hiatus and him leaving Who I'm gonna miss Moffat, I hope he comes back for episodes

Ooh, nice binge! :) I love the Capaldi/Bill combo, am seriously considering framing the magazine cover I have with the two of them.

We have a new doctor! And it is a woman! I really liked her in Broadchurch. Can't wait to Christmas :D

Should be interesting! (Though I do love Capaldi and Bill!)

I'm so happy that Moffat is no longer the head writer for the show. And that we have a woman Doctor, that's exciting!

Maybe I'll start watching the series again.

I had an argument with someone recently about the best Doctor Who companions, so I'm going to open the discussion up to you guys. :lol: Who's your favourite and why? Which one annoys you most and why? 

My favourite has always been Sarah Jane, partly because she was my 'first' companion and mostly because she's awesome.

I really enjoyed Bill Potts for her enthusiasm and other reasons.

I wasn't that fond of Peri or Mel from the original series, though I would like to go back and rewatch to see if I still feel that way all these years later.

I've been woefully behind in my watching the past couple of years and I haven't actually watched any Bill yet, which upsets me. But I really struggled getting through Capaldi's episodes an eventually just got bored. Not necessarily because I don't like him, I just found the actual plots kind of boring, I guess. I don't know. Just not the same.

But I loved Sarah Jane, too. :D Donna and Rose are big favourites as well. At the time, I thought that I didn't really like Martha, but it wasn't until Amy and Clara who I really didn't like that I realised Martha wasn't actually that bad. :lol: 

Donna was the one I had the argument about, by the way. Someone was trying to tell me she was the worst companion and I was all up in arms about it! :P 

All-time favourite is Rose. <3 Donna comes second, and Martha grew on me. Amy and Clara are meh. I feel like Moffat tried too hard to make them have something 'special' while the characters themselves ended up being rather bland. (Also, please stop with the meet at childhood - time travel to adulthood cliche, it was already boring in GitF)

@StormWizard212, stick with Capaldi if you can. The Bill episodes are much better than his first season.

I liked Donna especially as the character grew over her time with the Doctor.

On 12/03/2018 at 4:33 PM, SkyWolf25 said:

All-time favourite is Rose. <3 Donna comes second, and Martha grew on me. Amy and Clara are meh. I feel like Moffat tried too hard to make them have something 'special' while the characters themselves ended up being rather bland. (Also, please stop with the meet at childhood - time travel to adulthood cliche, it was already boring in GitF)

This sums up my exact feelings about the companions! What are your feelings on Jack? If he counts as a companion, then he's definitely my favourite, even before Rose, to be honest. :P I saw John Barrowman in concert a couple of months ago and he performed his 'The Doctor and I' version of 'The Wizard and I' from Wicked and I might have cried. :lol:

On 13/03/2018 at 10:37 AM, Lagie said:

@StormWizard212, stick with Capaldi if you can. The Bill episodes are much better than his first season.

I liked Donna especially as the character grew over her time with the Doctor.

I have been meaning to watch more of Capaldi because I was genuinely super excited for Bill. I just got a bit bored in the first season and got distracted from it. :(

44 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

This sums up my exact feelings about the companions! What are your feelings on Jack? If he counts as a companion, then he's definitely my favourite, even before Rose, to be honest. :P I saw John Barrowman in concert a couple of months ago and he performed his 'The Doctor and I' version of 'The Wizard and I' from Wicked and I might have cried. :lol:

I like Jack! One of my woes for DW is that I didn't get to see the Ten-Rose-Jack trio going on adventures together. Nine-Rose-Jack trio was great. Looking back now, he's come so far; from time-skipping conman to trusty companion. Rose is un-top-able for me so he's somewhere around 2~3 place with Donna or Martha, maybe?

Wow, he sang that a few months ago? I envy you XD I accidentally came across a video of him singing 'The Doctor and I' in Youtube a few years ago while I was looking around for a good quality video of 'The Wizard and I', haha. Really enjoyed it, and the changes he made to the lyrics were clever.

It was so good! Most people in the crowd must have been Whovians because when he started (with a montage of pictures of him and David Tennant playing behind him - if there were any Eccleston ones, they were few and far between) the crowd was absolutely deafening. :lol: It's been so long since I've watched him and Ten that it was such a lovely trip down memory lane. Everything about Jack's story arc was amazing and I loved how even in Torchwood he was an amazing leader and friend, but every now and then did these underhanded or ruthless things that hinted back to his conman past. Ugh, I love him. 

But yeah, I'll have to catch up on Capaldi soon and report back about Bill. I'm expecting to love her, even if I'm a bit luke warm on Capaldi. 

Edited by StormWizard212

OMG that was wonderful, @Lagie  Thanks for sharing ❤️