sailing101

Portal 2

Yep.

Right here.

o.= Is it just my computer being stupid or does that link to wikipedia...? blink.gif

Oh, that's funny, thanks xd.png

Edited by Kaini

And when the hell did any Companion Cubes play music? ._.

Listen closely when you're holding one during the test where Glados gives you a companion cube and promptly blasts it to oblivion.

Listen closely when you're holding one during the test where Glados gives you a companion cube and promptly blasts it to oblivion.

Ah. I've seen mentions of that on the Steam Forums, I'll keep an ear out on the next playthrough.

Yeah, it threw me off when I realized it was playing Still Alive... I thought I was imagining it or something... until I tried it when the room was silent...

-K-

I was originally, but no one else seems to be doing it... So... *shrugs*

I'm down to needing only a few more achievements in the main game... Schrodinger's Catch is going to be annoying since I can't kill myself after attempting to get the cube...

-K-

Save before you throw down any portals and reload the moment something goes wrong, that's what I did. It may be worthwhile to remember that it doesn't require that the box be painted blue at the time you pick it up.

What I wound up doing was placing a portal under the glass case and then alternating the other side of the portal between the gel and the water to keep the box reasonably under control. If it broke an upper chunk of glass, I reloaded. The moment it broke one of the bottom panes, I dumped water through the portals and grabbed it right out of the case.

I just finished single player. It was 6 hours, but they were some of my favorite 6 hours in gaming ever. Will replay, totally worth every cent. Haven't done co-op yet, hoping to see if Les will buy it too.

By the way, can we pass around Steam names please? I'd like to add people biggrin.gif I'm ArcticVanguard

My Steam name is MellaB, like in my signature. :D

And can someone remind me on how to see my friend request thingies or whatever? It took me forever to add Zach, and I've forgotten again. XD; Oh dear.

-is Steam-less-

I'm a 360 player without access to XBL x3 My system's one of the old ones, before wi-fi adapters were built in, and I'm not paying $100 or so for one/a new system. Not until GLaDOS dies.

... and yes, I named my 360 GLaDOS. (My laptop is named HAL, it's not that weird.)

Thanks for keeping this thread Still Alive for me Paine.

I want the game so much!!

potato

Now I need to name my laptop Wheatly> biggrin.gif

Thanks for keeping this thread Still Alive for me Paine.

I want the game so much!!

potato

Now I need to name my laptop Wheatly> biggrin.gif

xd.png

I'm half considering naming my PS2 after Chell.

It's been beaten to hell, been stuck in storage/various places in my room, not cared for much, refuses to die (the controllers get a bit temperamental, but I could plug it in right now and play FFXII until the cows come home), and I have the feeling that it hates me.

Now, if only it was orange biggrin.gif

Anyway, on the topic of the actual game: I've finally gotten into the co-op with my brothers, it's really fun. ... and yes, there have been several instances of accidentally killing one another... ... or in my case, 'accidentally' killing. We're at the end of the second chapter (Mass and Velocity), we can't quite figure out what we're supposed to do. Still refusing walkthroughs/help.

Are you sure you're not really GLaDOS?

Oh... I like to think I'm not, but it all depends on who you believe. Me? Or some silly 'disposition test' made by lunatic scientists who couldn't even survive neurotoxin?

Just got my family to take the quiz thing -

My dad and brother are both companion cubes. X3

I'm Cave Johnson. Interesting.

I'm going to burn your house down with lemons

The only one I needed a walkthrough on was Chapter 9 Chamber 15 :Y Couldn't figure out that I needed to use the lift, drop through a portal to launch me off a ramp onto the bouncy blue stuff and then over to the door. I had the blue stuff placed down already, it's just I didn't figure out the first part.

Love it biggrin.gif

That. was. awesome <3

Oh, took the quiz and got the companion cube x3 lol.

My steam name is ivy_dardi

@sailing101

More like PotatOS. xd.png

Oh, BTW, I finished it without any walktrough. It was really easy. I think the level that took me the most time was the first one with Conversion Gel.

Edited by caramba2654

Beat Portal 2 just a few minutes ago.

....Awesome. Just... AWESOME.

I have to shame-facedly admit that I had to use a walkthrough for some of the last 'test chambers'. But only those, I swear. D':

Beat Portal 2 just a few minutes ago.

....Awesome. Just... AWESOME.

I have to shame-facedly admit that I had to use a walkthrough for some of the last 'test chambers'. But only those, I swear. D':

xd.png

I might need to look one up myself... I'm having trouble getting the achievement where you smash Wheatley's monitors, and I have no shame in looking up help when it comes to achievements.

... also, Portal 2 sig is Portal-y biggrin.gif

xd.png

I might need to look one up myself... I'm having trouble getting the achievement where you smash Wheatley's monitors, and I have no shame in looking up help when it comes to achievements.

... also, Portal 2 sig is Portal-y biggrin.gif

Those are a pain to get. You'll especially hate the last two... and the last one will almost definitely require a video to help figure out the best way to position yourself to not die.

I had to use a guide early in the game, mainly because I couldn't find a strip of tiles and I couldn't investigate to see where they were because of a turret... I felt stupid after using the guide, but I wouldn't have found it in the next two hours without it... tongue.gif

Didn't have to really worry about guides the rest of the way though... tempted on occasions, and I looked up achievements as I went (always right after I passed the area...), but otherwise, I just let my brain hurt as a scrounged around for the answer...

-K-