sailing101

Portal 2

XD

I might need to look one up myself... I'm having trouble getting the achievement where you smash Wheatley's monitors, and I have no shame in looking up help when it comes to achievements.

... also, Portal 2 sig is Portal-y :D

I smashed Wheatley's monitors twice. XD Once with the Aerial Faith Plate and the other by redirecting the bombs.

Got a good laugh out of that. Didn't know there was an achievement.

Those are a pain to get. You'll especially hate the last two... and the last one will almost definitely require a video to help figure out the best way to position yourself to not die.

I had to use a guide early in the game, mainly because I couldn't find a strip of tiles and I couldn't investigate to see where they were because of a turret... I felt stupid after using the guide, but I wouldn't have found it in the next two hours without it... tongue.gif

Didn't have to really worry about guides the rest of the way though... tempted on occasions, and I looked up achievements as I went (always right after I passed the area...), but otherwise, I just let my brain hurt as a scrounged around for the answer...

-K-

No brain (or any, for that matter) pain, no gain.

That's the Aperture way.

And a side note: This upcoming Wednesday, Yahtzee will be reviewing Portal 2! Hopefully those forks don't hurt.

I only did it once by accident, I didn't realize there was an achievement for it.

xd.png

I'm half considering naming my PS2 after Chell.

It's been beaten to hell, been stuck in storage/various places in my room, not cared for much, refuses to die (the controllers get a bit temperamental, but I could plug it in right now and play FFXII until the cows come home), and I have the feeling that it hates me.

Now, if only it was orange biggrin.gif

Anyway, on the topic of the actual game: I've finally gotten into the co-op with my brothers, it's really fun. ... and yes, there have been several instances of accidentally killing one another... ... or in my case, 'accidentally' killing. We're at the end of the second chapter (Mass and Velocity), we can't quite figure out what we're supposed to do. Still refusing walkthroughs/help.

Spray paint it orange.

Do it. You know you want to. >3

Also: hi ima Lythiaren @ Steam. Should show up on friendlists as apocalypseArisen.

Edited by Lythiaren

Spray paint it orange.

Do it.  You know you want to. >3

Also: hi ima Lythiaren @ Steam.

But I have no spray paint biggrin.gif ... and I'm kind of afraid that spray painting it would kill it. Maybe it'll become Crap Turret instead.

Also, adding to the list of 'things Portal finally pushed me into looking into'... a reference to Macbeth in one of the Rat Man scribblings (in the room with all the mugs) has led me to reading it.

On the subject of Doug...

Creepier when you actually do hear it in the game. It might not be him- it's probably not- but... good lord, WHY WAS THAT INCLUDED? Aside from the desire to scare the hell out of players, of course.

ETA: Oh yes, good music tracks are being put up biggrin.gif

, that part at 1:28 is... it still gives me shivers. Such a light, lovely piece of music. Such a wham moment. Edited by Dr. Paine

D:

Just plain old orange paint with a paintbrush then? |D

Whee, made a Wheatley avatar. Nothing special, just experimenting in GIMP.

Whee, made a Wheatley avatar. Nothing special, just experimenting in GIMP.

When it takes over and makes the internet explode... I told you so.

Also, that side-discussion on the MLP thread has led to me drawing Portal-themed FiM ponies. ... Chell is a unicorn. GLaDOS is, fittingly, a winged unicorn.

Someone save me.

Do you have a dA by any chance? I'd love to see any portal-related art you do :3

Oh, and this is off topic, but could you PM me any avatar-related photoshop/gimp tutorials you have? Thanks biggrin.gif

And a side note: This upcoming Wednesday, Yahtzee will be reviewing Portal 2! Hopefully those forks don't hurt.

I've kind of given up watching his reviews, but I'll try to remember to watch... used to love them, but I feel he's been losing steam recently, and relying more on "So how about that airplane food" quality jokes, with only a few golden nuggets where we once had a rich vein of humor...

But alas... I speak too much... tongue.gif

I'm a bit shocked at how universally loved this game is... I figured there'd at least be a few major critics, especially those who feel game length is crucial, and I figure there's got to be some major critic that shares the opinion of the people I keep hearing that say the "testing rooms are merely padding" (which always struck me as odd... the testing chambers are kinda whole point of the game... gameplay AND storyline-wise... you take them out and... you got hallway running... and a few elevators...)

-K-

I'm quitting. This is impossible. I've been on the same level for about a week.

Not even halfway done. I'm too young to figure this out.

And no, I'm NOT going to resort to cheats or a walkthrough like I did last time.

I finally got another PS3 controller! Now I can do co-op....and prove to my brother that I AM NOT A MORON! Or maybe prove his point...

Don't give up, Wonton! All test chambers have solutions! Try backtracking, if you're stuck. Or look carefully at your surroundings.

Obviously it does, Wonton, otherwise no one would have beaten it. All you have to do is think. It IS a puzzle game, after all. It has nothing to do with age, either.

I don't have a brain

This game must be defective, then.

I've never been good at puzzle games. Took me 3 months plus cheats and walkthroughs to beat the first one.

I'm pretty sure it's not defective. :P

Now, if you're not good at puzzle games, then that's a little bit understandable. The puzzles in Portal 2 are more difficult than the ones in the first Portal, if just by a little bit. It shouldn't be TOO hard, though. All it takes is a lot of thinking. There's nothing wrong with getting a wee bit of help from a play-through. I bet once you see how it's done, then you'll smack yourself in the head and go "DUH!". xP I did that when I figured out the puzzles in the first Portal. I felt so silly.

No, they don't. This one doesn't.

Actually, from what I've heard, there's only one impossible space in the game. Everything has a solution, it's all just a matter of looking around your surroundings, and a lot of trial and error.

I finally beat that level after a week, now I'm stuck on the next one.

If this continues, I'll be finished sometime in the next 10 years.

..I doubt that, Wonton. XD

But for real, stop being so negative or I'm gonna start beating you up. >:V Being pessimistic does no good.

Alright, I'll allow myself to use a walkthrough every 3 levels

Still NO CHEATS

..I doubt that, Wonton. xd.png

But for real, stop being so negative or I'm gonna start beating you up. >:V Being pessimistic does no good.

Besides, that's GLaDOS' job D<

Athy: That's awesome biggrin.gif Good luck!

Wonton: Really? Did you actually spend nearly ten minutes on the easiest puzzle in the game? You are not that bad. Stop thinking you are, and just experiment. Throw science to the wall and see what sticks! That's how I had to do half the stuff, and I got through it fine.

Is anyone else wanting Valve to release the soundtrack for this? I want to be able to listen to it without having to switch YouTube videos every few minutes. I love how a lot of the music sounds like an old-school arcade theme. ^^

The final battle music is some of the most epic I've heard in a while. :3