Danniphantom

Star Wars: The Unknown Legends

"There's a legend of an Ancient civilization, even preceeding the civilization of the Rakata, they say many of the ancient cultures descended from this civilization." Marcus said. "The legend says that they built 50 comnputers to save their culture." He said.

Now Eria's intrest was certainly piqued. "You're tellin me you think you found the hard drive from one of the Celetial's computers?" she asked. There was a touch of incredulity to her voice at the mere idea he had found one. No one had even found one on Centerpoint before its destruction.

((I did my research before posting this so... you are welcome to give me more information if I am mistaken. Also note that the species I mention is one I made up for this RP, more info on them on the Races list on the front page...))

"I read in the archives here on Coruscant and found that those you call Celestials lived during the Pre-Republic era. They are believed to have created hyperspace technology and have given them to humans. Though there is another species mentioned in the archives to fit that exact archetype. They are called Rakatans. They were the dominate species during the time of the Infinite Empire and created a great machine known as the Star Forge, I'm sure you must have heard of it." He said stopping he lead her to a park where he sat down on a bench and looked around. "So the Celestials are also Rakatans based on my theories but my find was of something far older. Have you ever heard of Arkadians?" He asked. "They built 50 computers around 190,004,000 years ago and to this day I am the only one who ever found such a thing. I believe that the Arkadians are the ancestors of the Ancient Selkath and Rakatans." He said.

Eria nearly choked on what Marcus said before replying. "Your information is off quite a bit. The Celestials are believed to predate the Rakatan by several million years, but it was only as they disappeared that the Rakata were able to create their empire. They were the ones who created the Centerpoint station before it's destruction, the Maw, the Corellian system, and the Hapes cluster. In truth it's possible we're speaking about the same group, but it's quite hard to sort fact from fiction with the Celestials. Kessel though, holds a great deal of information on them that I'd like to access eventually." she said to him. She wondered what he'd make of her suggestion about visiting Kessel for possibly more information about this mysterious group of his.

((celestials are far different then the rakatans, they were believed to have the power to create whole star systems, including the Maw. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Celestial ))

((I know I read about the Celestials, it said they made several appearances across the Sci-Fi board. Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars. But they said that the Rakatans also fit the archetype of the celestials in the game KOTOR so I took that as good enough info as Celestials being Rakata...))

"No, there is no information on this group of people creating computers like this, only legends, the thing was huge, I can take you there and you can see for yourself, it's just dead floating junk now but, it was, alive, when I first saw it, my ship mistook it for a lifeform but I don't know why. I took the motherboard and the ship no longer had any information left. It's in the far outer rim, it took me several days to get there and I have one of the fastest classes of ships." He said. "I first want to get the data analyzed and rebuild the mother board. I took the hard drive so that I could do so. I knew a stalker would be sent to collect it." He said standing up.

Jade finished her water in the tavern that she and Kalo were in, the Sandy Plains Tavern, and then walked out of it to walk around a bit more. She wasn't sure just how long she had been at the tavern but she figured that it was time to meet Flint at the Plains of Tatooine Bar. Upon arriving at it, she went straight to a booth that was in the back corner and waited. She wasn't sure just how far he was and who was with him but she figured that she would see soon enough. She sighed and looked around the tavern as her back was rested against the wall of the booth.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((celestials aren't rakata, that's clear enough unfortunately. Can't do everything off of KotOR as much as I would wish to))

"That would be interesting, but for now, lets go visit this friend of yours, I'm interested in whatever he might have found." Eria replied. A living computer sounded like something originating from Sekot, but that didn't work, Zonama Sekot was only a few thousand years old. Regardless of what it was, hopefully the hard disk from the computer would yield useful information.

Edited by jaina

((I'm gonna go ahead and time skip to the bar where Jade is))

After an unsuccessful attempt at figuring out what was on the computer's memory all Marcus got was what seemed like a 4 thousand page manuscript in some ancient, unknown, undocumented language. Sammy, Marcus's friend, already checked all known databases, his clearance with the senate, the jedi, even some of the turned sith gave him an unmatchable database collection. He compared over 200 different symbols and characters and not even a single one even remotely matched with any of his over 4000 language databases. "I even checked all 5000 of my ancient languages, not a single match. Not even to something the celestials would have done...." He had said. When they were finished Marcus copied the info to three separate holocrons, making sure that if one were taken the information would not be complete. "Here you hold on to this one." Marcus had said handing one of the holocrons to Eria and one of the crystals to his to here as well. He then lead her to a pub where he had told Jade 6 hours earlier to meet him. "If we're lucky she'll be here." He said. "I should tell her where we're going so that if she wants to come she can."

((This is where I hope Pelty is more reliable and active. Where I wish we were rping on my site where I could godmode her if I needed to.))

Edited by Danniphantom

"Fair enough" Eria replied taking the holocron. She slipped the device into a small hip pocket of her clothes as she followed him. When they arrived at the pub, she entered with Marcus and took a seat at the counter, quickly swiping a small chit for a drink while she waited for his friend to show up. He had taken a look at the data, but she hadn't gotten to yet, and breaking code and patterns was something of a specialty for her, perhaps she'd find something, but it wasn't going to happen till she had time to go through the contents.

((tru dat, and sent you a pm here and there))

Kalo shook his head, finally erasing all traces of tranquilizer from his brain. He stood up and walked over to Marcus. "She's here, but damn me if i know where."

"If she doesn't show herself within the hour we'll leave, we can't stay here long, every minute we wait the Sith Lord draws closer to discovering our little trick." He said. He realized something and he quickly ran back out and to a hardware store. He came back about 20 minutes later holding a completed motherboard in his hands. "I felt a shaking when I left after I had removed the motherboard. As I left a piece of the outer hull fell off. Wait til you see it, that thing is massive. It has no other technology other than the computer technology, yet, it is so massive it has it's own gravitational pull." He said.

Eria was a touch surprised when Marcus bolted away to go do something, but shrugged and returned to her drink. When he returned though shes nodded quietly at the description he gave her saying, "It's quite possible you damaged something when you took the computer apart. And by size are we talking small moon sort or size?"

"No." He said. "I'm talking large moon to a small planet in size." He said. "It's easily ten times bigger than the Galactic Empires Death Star back in the time of Luke Skywalker." He said.

Eria struggled to process he idea of something just that large having been made but gave up and decided to settle for seeing it with her own eyes. "That's absurd and I'll need to see it for myself, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here," she said quietly. She was trying to square something that large being both artificial and living but he'd been honest so far and that helped his case.

"I can't explain it but I was hearing voices, almost artificial voices, I want to say it was the computer but I can't be certain. I couldn't understand any of it yet it lead me to the center where the motherboard was." He said. "That's why I said it was almost living. It was almost as if it had a thought process, a heart, emotions. Like I said when I was leaving I felt a shake and for a moment I thought I heard that voice scream before it left my head." He said.

((oh I'm active; i just didn't know what else to post cuz i was stuck but now i do so...))

Jade stood up from the booth that she had been sitting at when she saw Flint, Kalo, and another girl that she didn't know. She stretched a bit before walking over to where they were and saying, "Hey guys." She wondered why they hadn't seen her since her black hair with purple streaks was a bit hard to miss. Well she thought it was anyway. She sighed and waited for their reply.

Eria bit her lower lip for a moment in contemplation about what he had said. "A computer capable of speaking into your thoughts... I've got some ideas on it but I'll need to go there first, Marcus so I can't promise anything." she replied in ernest. This was getting stranger by the minute and things weren't getting clear.

((Ok now we need a post order so it will be:

Pelty

Jaina

Me

))

((It thought Kalo left... it makes it easier that way without having to godmode him to follow us...))

Marcus nodded and turned around when he heard Jade. "Jade this is Eria, Eria, Jade." He said introducing them. "Get ready to leave. We have someplace to be in the outer rim." He said.

((alright))

Jade nodded in acknowledgment to Eria and said to her with a smile, "Nice to meet you Eria." She then listened to the rest of what Flint said and asked, "Oh? Where are we going?" She also wanted to ask why but she figured that she would do that later. I can't wait to get dressed in my Jedi robes again, she thought to herself as she stood there.

"Pleasure to meet you Jade. As for where we're going it's a rather distant object on the outer rim. Be ready for a fight though, I don't think we'll make it there scott free." Eria replied. She stood from the bar in preparation to leave, briefly checking to make are she still had the small holocron. She brushed her bangs from her eyes briefly as she waited for Marcus to tell them to move out. She was taking orders from a lower ranked Jedi but in this case it didn't bother her, he knew much more then she did about what they were after.

((Lower rank? Marcus is a master and replacement for the oldest Jedi on the council in the event that he passes.))

"Alright the sooner we leave the better." He said. "So we should leave now." He said standing up and paying for their drinks. "It will take several days so be ready for a long flight." He said.

"Ah," Jade said in reply and her eyes flashed a bit with excitement when she heard the part about fighting. "Can't wait since it's been awhile since I was in a fight," she said still with the excitement in her eyes. She then nodded when she heard the part about the long flight. She hoped that Flint wouldn't pull off his crazy maneuvers while they were flying to the outer rim. She figured that Eria wouldn't really appreciate it but she didn't know Eria well so she didn't know if she liked crazy flying or not. She walked ahead of them waited outside, looking forward to the long flight and possibly fight after they landed.

((whoops. I had that he was a knight, my mistake))

"Let's get going." Eria said as she moved out the door. She wondered whose ship they would be taking to the computer but figured she would find out in due course.

Edited by jaina

Marcus led them to his ship the Steel. He opened the cockpit and lowered the gangplank allowing them to board. When everyone was in he helped both of them strap in. "It's a little weird, it always has been since I got it." He said as he strapped them in. He sat down and prepped the ship for take off. It started to hover and the landing gear raised and closed. He punched in the coordinates and looked around at the city below him. "Hang on to your lunch." He said.

Jade followed Flint to the Steel and nodded a thanks to him for helping get her strapped in. When she heard what he said after he punched in the coordinates and the ship started to hover she thought to herself, Don't you dare. She was kind of hoping that he wouldn't do any crazy flying but apparently she had to hope more that he wouldn't. She sighed and looked out the window at the city that they were about to leave. She made a mental note to go back when she got the chance and to explore a bit more.