Sorrowgrave

Zoo tycoon

i used to play it. now i cant find the disks to download it. i remember when i didnt know how to make a tank lol. when i made one i was like YAY FINALLY!!! now i have Zoo Tycoon for the ds. ehhh computer version is better. Cause in my version Santa, A Plane, And A Witch randomly fly around the map.

i used to play it. now i cant find the disks to download it. i remember when i didnt know how to make a tank lol. when i made one i was like YAY FINALLY!!! now i have Zoo Tycoon for the ds. ehhh computer version is better. Cause in my version Santa, A Plane, And A Witch randomly fly around the map.

Apparently, that only happens on Christmas and such. I got them, like, everyday.

I think I had one that came with dinosaurs and one that came with marine animals. I loved it for a while, but I lost it. =( I liked the dinosaurs.

I used to love dinosaurs. I always let my T-Rexes out and destroy my zoo. Ah, good times.

ZOOOOO TYCOOON

I love these games. So much. I have the first and second, and i alternate between the two. I'm currently obsessed with the second though.

Also, if your looking for downloads, i'd recommend Aurora Designs and Zeta Designs

Download Radical Remake. You won't regret it. The animals look SO much better, its insane. Also get their mustang download, its awesome.

I have it, but I don't play it anymore since it crashes, goes to a bluescreen and has gone progressively worse in levels of making trouble with my computer starting up again. Someday I think if I play it and it will destroy my computer, which sucks 'cause its a really awsome game.

About 2 or 3 years ago I played the new ZT2 at the Jacob Javitz Center in ... Manhattan? and ever since I sat down in front of the computer I've loved it lol, the animal sims that don't need to be told to make babies lolz

Really fun game though, currently have Extinct Animals on my pc but really don't get a chance to play it as much with my other addictions ^o^

I got a 5-star zoo in zoootyvoon 2 and have all the expansion packs

I've got Zoo Tycoon 2 and the Extinct Animals expansion pack. I plan on buying the others soon, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I do! I play Marine Mania. Well I used to. My mom gave me her computer after she got a new one and I need to download the game on this computer.

I have the core game of number 2, but couldnt get any expansion packs at the gaming store (or the all in one version). My birthday is comming up, and Im gonna ask for monies and buy the expanision packs ^^. I REALY want marine Mania and Extinct animals, but the African and endangered packs arnt on the essentials list and I wont fret if I cant get them.

In ZT1 I used to make a miniature "city" in an enclosure by having paths and food places. Then I would put a forest on the outside of the city and put a bigfoot in.

I also used to get my zoo full of guests and then block off the entrance/exit. Then I'd breed dinosaurs and stuff.

I also once made a raptor exhibit and a pathway to a herbivore exihibit that I would open up once in a while and let the raptors hunt.

Good times, good times.

Then I got ZT2 and all of its expansion packs. The second one seems kinda simplified, like it was made easier for younger people. I kinda like the first one better.

I had borrowed it from a friend a while ago. I loved making big waterfalls and I only ever did the freeplay mode. I made this wicked Tiger sanctuary with live prey...other zoo animals, but hey, everything goes in the freeplay mode.

Too bad there isn't a fantasy zoo tycoon. I'd have all dragons....or am I missing somethiong?O.o

Edited by Saiph

Oh man Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 were all that I played when they came out. I absolutely was addicted to those games! All I played was free play mode (not very realistic to real life, but hey that was the fun of it for me!). I think I may even still have them somewhere in my "Nostalgia Box" in the storage room happy.gif

Ok, this is my strategy for the complete collection:

-get lions first (NOT a set of mates or you'll have issues later on)- they're relatively easy to set up, and they don't take up much room (until you let them breed).

-if you don't mind using a cheat, shift-4 ($) gets you money as you hold it down. But take note, it takes up time and IT DESTROYS FENCES so do this at the very beginning if at all.

-set up a Rainforest Restaurant and set the price to about $11. DON'T put any other establishments; then, while your zoo is still not too big, you make a ton of profit because the guests think it's cheap despite the fact that they're paying $11 to go to the bathroom >:D

-Snack and drink machines are your friends.

-Hammerheads will breed endlessly (as bad as the lions)- try to avoid jellyfish and tuna, they're super picky, as are pandas and snow leopards.

-The orcas always, ALWAYS get pissed if you put them in a show, no matter how infrequent.

-Do all the Research and Development. It opens doors and it's worth the investment. Start slow (unless you did Shift-4), then go full speed once you're filthy rich.

-Put DOUBLE or even TRIPLE layers of electric fences when dealing with carinvorous dinosaurs. They HAVE broken through single-layered fences, even the strongest kinds. Keep the DRT team close by for damage control.

-Check your fences obsessively; the maintenance crew tends to wander into the farthest corner of the map and may not notice.

-tapirs get annoying real fast. Don't bother with them.

Some fun (and sadistic) stuff :D

-get a T-rex, then add a bison for some entertainment

-instead of putting a flower barrier around the electric fences (as you should), leave no barrier and encourage guests to get zapped.

-Feed any displeased guests to the great White Shark. This is a favorite between me and my sister; we're kind of horrible people that way. But it's still fun to watch them try to escape.

-Set up a large pool for guests. Someone always drowns in the first thirty minutes.

-Tuna is also fun to put in the shark tank.

And finally, the Chaos Zoo!:

-Shift-4 cheat for a long time (you'll need the funds)

-turn the zoo into one large fence

-set admission to free

-research the bloodthirsty animals :D

-put down dino eggs, then all the carinvorous animals (NO bigfoots, they die fast)

-pplace lots of toilets if you want (you'll see why later)

Then destroy the fence and leave the animals to wreak havoc as the guests flee to the (blocked) entrance. Of course, after a while they'll ban you from adopting animals in that session so work fast. The dinos in their rage will destroy the toilets, leaving the guest inside squirming (lol).

...But do this only if you feel evil.

As a final note, some good animals to get are the bowhead whale (good starter), apatosaurus (you need lots of room), stegosaurus, ankylosaurus, komodo dragons, tigers, humpback whales (SUUUUPER high maintenance but so worth it), cheetahs, leopards, beluga whales, anteaters

Big Breeders: wild horses, lions, hammerheads, warthogs, tigers (if they're white they get you cash though :D), elephants, giraffes, any shark, jellyfish, penguins, camels, chimps, That Other Desert Deer Thing Animal I Always Forget the Name Of, wolves

My friend had zoo tycoon on her computer, and I loved it o I got it on my DS. I was so disappointed. It was horrible compared to the pc version.

Played it, had all the expansions, I didn't like it all that much unless I was setting my T-rexes loose on all the people.

Good times.

<3

I got rid of it recently. I play the other games I have much more, and it took up quite a bit of space for a purely aesthetic icon that I never used.

I love Zoo Tycoon <3 I had the first one for a long while, then lost the CD and my computer wouldn't let me play without it. Then I discovered the 2nd one from my cousin and bought the Complete Collection (Plus two fan-made expansion packs, Arabian Nights and...Island Excursions, I think?). I have a 5-star zoo, but I don't play on that much anymore because I hate all the 'Zoo Keeper 1 can't reach the dragon poop' that comes up every 5 seconds. OTL

I love making Dino Fight exhibits. Make one big electric fence enclosure with a clear tank wall at the front+elevated paths over it to make it look like a building, then put 2-4 smaller enclosures built onto the sides with a carnivorous dino in each. Once a fair amount of guests have gathered at the tank wall, delete the fence separating the dino's and let them all into the big enclosure. Last living dino is the winner. ^o^ (Yes, I'm cruel to my dinosaurs. XD)

Edited by ShinyDazzlight

I have the collection one with everything ZT all in one game. It's kinda gotten boring after 5 years of game play.

I play and I have all exps

and a bunch of custom content but mainly dragons (and mythcal creatures)

farm animals and umbreon's and eevees

and for zt1

i make my own pokemon for it XP

I have the complete collection of the first series, and two expansion packs for the second game. I should start playing again. It was fun--sometimes more fun than Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I used to have it, and not long ago I thought about installing it but I don't feel like finding the CD xd.png anyway, I love this game, I played it like mad as a kid and would love to play it again. I also have the DS version, but it bored the hell out of me xd.png