Mangaholic

Midsummer Shadows| OOC Thread

“For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,

And we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.

Every angel is terrifying.”

~Rainier Maria Wilke

This is the OoC Thread. All IC posts need to go here. All information for this RP is also held in the IC thread.

Prologue

The sun hung lazily in the sky, throwing its golden rays over the thick forest, and yet despite this, the forest floor was cold and damp and dark. Long, black shadows were sprawled everywhere, smothering every sliver of sun so that it was almost pitch black. With the lack of bird songs, animal calls, and even a breeze, it would’ve been dead silent if not for the heated argument that went on between a family of four standing below the thick boughs of bitternut hickory. The trees seemed to lean in towards the humans, their limbs and leaves dangling menacingly above them. However, the family was completely unaware of how disturbing the forest was becoming.

“… how on earth we even got here. There aren’t any trails or paths or signs or anything!” The father swore loudly and threw the map in his hand savagely against the truck of the hickory. The tree suddenly groaned, its branches creaking as a harsh, icy wind swept through the dark wood, chilling the family to their bones before dying down as swiftly and as ominously as it had arrived.

The mother, a small, frail woman with short, blonde curls, bit at her lip, watching her family with concern and fear. Her daughter sat a couple of meters away from the rest of them beside a withering patch of bloodroot, staring blankly at the trees as she picked at the dirt with a rotting stick, while her son began to yell at his father again as soon as the shock of the wind had left him.

“You were holding the map,” he scowled accusingly at his dad. “It’s your fault that we’re in this mess.”

“Aiden, that’s no reason to talk to your father like that,” the mother spoke up, still biting her lips nervously. Aiden scowled again, opening his mouth with the intent of cursing, but the words never got the chance to leave his mouth. The withered leaves on the forest floor crackled slightly, and the branches seemed to tremble in both fear and anticipation. The entire family froze, the blood draining from their faces, and they listened intently for what was coming. What seemed to be a decade passed, and nothing emerged from the surrounding trees and bushes.

The father heaved a shaky sigh of relief at last. “It was probably just a skunk or something passing by. It’s gone now,” he said, hoping to comfort himself and everyone else, though his face remained as pale as ash. “Kenna, why don’t you come over with the rest of us?”

Kenna glanced over at her father, who was beckoning to her, and shook her head slowly. She didn’t feel safe over there, for some strange reason. She just knew that she and her family shouldn’t be over at that place, beneath the bitternut, and yet, she couldn’t think of any way to persuade her family to get away from there. They would think that she was crazy, and besides, she didn’t know if the feeling in her gut was right or if it was just because the darkness in the forest had made her more apprehensive and uneasy than she already was. “Come sit with me,” she called out softly, hoping not to disrupt the silence too much. And then it happened.

The sixteen year old girl could barely see what was happening to her family. The creature was on them before they had time to even look at it. But she saw. It wasn’t an animal; she knew that for sure. It was black, blacker than the darkest of nights, with rippling muscles and two fiery, red eyes. Its head was shaped like that of a bear’s, except with two jagged fangs jutting from its upper jaw, and its black fur stood on end along its spine. Strangely, it seemed a bit humanoid in figure, if not a bit too large and muscular, but the terrible cries it made were far from human.

Kenna ran, her heart bursting in her chest. She plugged both of her ears with her hands in a futile attempt to block out the thundering snarls and screams of terror and pain that echoed relentlessly through the sinister forest. Her breathing was ragged and hot as fire as she dashed through the tangle of trees and undergrowth, surprisingly never stumbling even once. It was only when the cries died down that the young girl finally stopped. Her chest heaved painfully as she struggled to breathe properly through her choked sobs of anguish and horror. Her legs were weak and aching from her desperate sprint to get away from the creature, and she collapsed against a large stone jutting out of the leaf-covered floor.

Leaning against the rough, gray surface of the rock, she stared up at the dark canopy of leaves and branches that hung high above her head. She squinted her eyes, trying to find any gap in the thick blanket of leaves that revealed the blue sky. If she stayed too long in the darkness, she knew she would go insane. Oh, what a fool she was to think that she would be fine without them. She paused, trying to get a grasp on what had happened. She should have helped them, instead of running, but what could she do against that creature, especially in its own home, the dark, forbidding forests, full of trees that blocked out the outer world;

Something moved in the bushes, crackling the dry, withered leaves, and Kenna froze, holding her breath. She felt something touch her skin, something soft and cold, and she glanced up at the sky, her golden eyes widening in horror as she realized what it was. Snow? In the middle of summer? Her face paled as a small and beautifully-crafted snowflake landed on her hot skin and melted. “No…it can’t be,” she murmured, her face completely drained of blood as the horrible realization struck her. “This is-”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The subway was empty, completely devoid of human presence. The large digital clock hanging on the wall on the opposite side of the track read 11:54 P.M. Occasionally, a silent wind would howl through the empty tunnels, throwing into the air whatever junk and trash the humans left behind. Today, there was only a newspaper, caught in the lonely wind and lodged behind the leg of an old, wooden bench after the wind had tired of throwing it about. The dim, little lights gave the platform an eerie, yellow glow, while the wide, gaping mouth of the tunnel revealed only darkness. Somewhere in the tunnel, the track rattled violently, as if a silent train was coming down it that very moment, and yet, no such train flew by the platform to explain the ominous rattling. As soon as the noise died down, the dull, yellow lights flickered, engulfing the entire subway in darkness before returning once more, filling the platform with pale, sickly light. The silence settled again…

This time, the uneasy quietude and stillness was marred by the soft sound of wary footsteps descending the eroded stone staircase. A young man, perhaps only eighteen or nineteen, emerged at the foot of the stairs. In his right hand, he tightly gripped a long, sleek rapier. A faint, blue glow seemed to emit from the shimmering blade as the boy searched the darkness of the tunnels for his hidden prey. The boy himself was tall in height and lanky. His messy, cropped hair was black, while his eyes were of the strangest shade of dark blue. He seemed completely oblivious to the gruesome gash torn across his chest, soaking his black leather jacket with a steady stream of crimson blood. The boy had his senses completely focused on his surroundings, trying to find his prey in the darkness, though he kept his left hand pressed firmly on the terrible wound, perhaps in a futile attempt to cease the bleeding.

There was no sign of his prey anywhere, and yet, the Sensor in his pocket continued to click softly. He could feel the warmth of the Sensor seeping through the fabric of his jeans, but he still could not find the demon anywhere. As he continued gazing into the darkness, his dark blue eyes narrowed in frustration. The Sensor ceased its rhythmic clicking and slowly grew cold to the touch. Unwilling to believe that the demon had escaped, in spite of the Sensor’s clear message, the young man walked cautiously around the platform, pausing only when he passed by an old, wooden bench, propped a little away from the stairs that he had arrived down. Out of the corner of his eyes, he caught sight of a crumpled page of a newspaper, caught behind the one of the bench’s chipping legs. He stooped down and reached under the bench to pull out the page, before reading the large, bold headlines:

Family Found Killed by Unidentified Creature

Daughter Still Missing

To the right of the heading was a faded, black and white photograph, depicting a body, neatly covered by a white sheet. In the background, the boy could just make out several people standing behind the corpse, some with expressions of horror and others with confusion, probably at what creature could have killed the misfortunate people. It was only too bad that the photograph wouldn’t show just how bad the people were mauled.

The boy didn’t even bother to skim through the rest of the story. Instead, he crumpled the newspaper page, disgusted by what he had read, and threw the crumpled paper ball away from him, onto the track.

“Dammit,” he swore under his breath, furious that he had allowed the wretched demon to escape. He pulled the Sensor from the pocket of his jeans out with his left hand and gazed at it with undisguised annoyance. The device remained silent and cold, as if purposely trying to annoy him even more. The runes etched on the Sensor stared back at him, as if to say that it was his fault for losing the creature. “Nice going, Seth,” he muttered. “You’ve let the stupid demon escape, again.” He scowled, still looking at the device he held in his blood-stained hand.

He began to shove it back into his pocket, now looking at the black tunnel to his right again, when suddenly, the Sensor burned as furiously as hot coal in his hand, shuddering so violently that he almost dropped it. Almost simultaneously, a blood-curdling shriek pierced the once silent air, and before Seth had time to react to either events, the demon erupted from the shadows, screams continuing to emit from its gaping mouth. It tackled Seth down, pinning the boy down with its many spindly legs.

Putting its broad, ugly face close to Seth’s, it hissed, “Looks like I’ve got you instead, boy. I’ll enjoy tearing your flesh apart.” Acidic drool spilled from the corner of its mouth onto Seth’s cheek as the young man struggled desperately to free himself from the creature’s grip. It only cackled, its yellow eyes gleaming with amusement and scorn at Seth’s terror and despair.

Slowly, as if to gloat about its sure victory, the demon raised one spindly leg, tipped with a jagged claw, and prepared to smash it down onto the boy’s already bleeding chest. Then, its head jerked back, away from Seth’s terrified face, and it drew a long, shuddery breath as a new scent hit its nostrils. Turning its head quickly to look at the source, it narrowed its glowing eyes at the newcomer, a tall, slender girl of about seventeen, with her long, raven-black hair tied up in a loose ponytail. In her hand, she held a longbow, aimed directly at the demon.

The demon continued to stare at her, hesitating to make a move. Then, quickly raking its claws across Seth’s face, it launched itself at the girl at breakneck speed. Amazingly, the girl loosed her barbed arrow with deadly precision, and the arrow embedded itself in the creature’s bony chest. It fell with a thud on the cold pavement, but the girl’s black eyes remained cautious and wary as she notched another arrow to her bow.

The creature twitched and lifted its ugly face from the floor to glare at the girl once more. Blood spilled from its mouth as it hissed mockingly, “You’re a stupid girl, you and the boy. Our time is coming, just as it has always been foretold. You Umbralatronis can’t stop that, only stall it, but now, humanity’s time is up; and the only ones that can save you are as low as we are.”

The girl sneered at her prey’s last remark. “Over my dead body, you’re going to take over this world. We don’t need any help from some half-breeds.” And with that last statement, she released her arrow.

Plot

It’s modern-day New York City, and chaos is reigning. The streets are always bustling and overcrowded while the skies are choked by ignition smoke and other air pollution. Taxis swerve through thick traffic, and tour busses nearly always run over startled pedestrians. Meanwhile, pick-pocketers litter the boisterous streets, reaching into people’s bags and dashing away afterwards.

Could things get any crazier? Unfortunately, yes. Since the past year, global warming had suddenly ceased, only to be replaced by global cooling. It may have been a good turn of events except global cooling is moving at far too fast a pace. The ice caps of both the North and South Pole have recovered, and are now expanding steadily towards the equator. Meanwhile, hundreds of people have disappeared without a trace, and many others have been murdered seemingly by mysterious creatures. The world is now terrified; both at what is happening, and why they can’t seem to figure out the cause.

Invisible to human eyes, faeries, vampires, kelpies, demons, and other mythical creatures roam the streets of New York, as well as all around the world. To keep them from eradicating the human race and what is known to humanity, the Umbralatronis received the endless job of keeping these creatures in check, killing any that cross the line. However, after generations of keeping these beasts at bay, the Umbralatronis are beginning to falter, and suddenly, the world is in terrible danger.

The Winter Faeries have forged an alliance with the Dark Court in an attempt to spread winter and darkness across the world; something that every creature--including the faeries of the other courts--is absolutely against. After all, an eternal winter of darkness would kill nearly every creature on Earth, albeit the Winter and Dark faeries, as well as certain demons. The Summer Faeries, once equal to their counterparts, can no longer resist the onslaught of winter and darkness, as the Summer Queen has gone missing. To make things worse, the demons are also seizing their chance to take the world for themselves, slowly spreading fear by killing humans. Either way, if any of these sides win, humanity is doomed, and unfortunately, the Umbralatronis are no longer strong enough to prevent this.

Luckily for both humanity and everyone else, there is hope of stopping the chaos that is leaving the boundaries of the Downworld, and that hope lies in sixteen New York teenagers who are sixteen-years-old. Unbeknownst to the teens and their parents, they happen to have a tiny ounce of fey blood coursing through their veins, lying dormant throughout their entire bloodline. Despite that, it has been foretold and prophesized that these part-faerie, part-Umbralatronis teens will be the ones who may save the world. On Midsummer’s Eve, their powers will awaken within them. But is it for the better or for the worse?

Edited by Mangaholic

The Cast

For the remaining profiles, please go here.

X

X

X

X

Sadine Leila Piromane XOX ♀♀ ||
ArdentXXXXSummerXXXX Passionate XXXX blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb blurbblurbblurb ↘↘

XXMangaholic

Breckin Avery Rothbridge XOX ♂♂ ||
Amicable✘✘✘✘Summer Court✘✘✘✘ Misanthropic ✘✘✘✘ He was grace.

Cloaked in the all encompassing threads of solemn despair, shining a beacon for those lost in the entangled tresses. Lackluster, pathetic. But he was all they had.

They would sometimes wonder how he stayed so impressively stoic. Never had they seen him shed a tear.

He bore the brunt of their punishments, treating them like badges.

They were all he had as well. One would never think that in the modern city, such a tumultuous land of warfare even existed. But no one spared them a passing glance. They were the filthy and the forgotten, everything wrong with the world. And the only way to cure anomaly was to destroy it.

“Never trust a man who can afford the clothes on his back.” He told them.

Where no one else could, they could see his wings. Rusted, broken. A fallen comrade of the gods he so adamantly detested. But not a single one had the love, or the patience, or the hope, to wait for the love of the supernatural.

Their only hope was the one more singlehandedly ruined than them all.

And yet, he held them all with a smile. They were the reason he was still alive. He treasured every last one of them, and it never really mattered any other way.

He who, in his short sixteen years, would climb the highest mountain just to punch God. Spiteful and serene. Vain and open hearted.

He was grace, and yet there was nothing further from it than he.

↘↘

✘✘MURDERcomplexx

_____________ Gordon White XOX ♂♂ ||
OptimisticXXXXWinter CourtXXXX Genial XXXX Don't you think that life should be enjoyed to its fullest? I do. I mean, really, that's what life is all about -- not fame, not money, but fun. Well, money and fame could never hurt, of course, but what are they worth, if your life isn't even worth living? ...See what I did there? A paradox. Hah. I guess school was good for something after all. But I've never really been inclined to do anything there, or even make any effort. You can't blame me though; it's not my fault that the teachers let me get away with everything, and that all that the female student body does is fawn over my looks. Hey, who said God was fair? I get the good looks, you get the brains, I think that evens it out. What I would really die for is an actual good game of basketball, or even just a competent running partner. But no, apparently that's too much to ask for.

I usually don't do this often, but I guess when I reflect back on everything, I've been lucky. I've had a comfortable life, though if you ask me, my parents are way too naggy. They would go on and on and on about useless homework that I didn't finish, but who needs calculus to become a professional sportsman? Really.

I love the city with its brilliant lights at night. I wouldn't give away this life to live at some desolate farm for hundreds of thousands of bucks. Come to think of it, dad and mum probably have at least that much when they combine their savings together anyways. And speaking of money, I need new soccer shoes, and I've got to get some stuff for my friends. They're awesome buddies, stay cool, you guys. Oh, and there's dinner ready.

Peace out.

↘↘

XXlilyice

¢σи¢σя∂ є∂αи α∂υνιяι ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ραɾαṉøïḋΔΔΔΔwιnтer coυrтΔΔΔΔ ṡεṉṡïτïṿε ΔΔΔΔ And when the universe runs itself into the ground and the music fades, when nothing remains but memories floating without minds to reside in and no medium by which to exist, then perhaps all the unsaid things and all the trammeled feelings will have leave for release and will mingle and console one another... when we are all gone.

You never realize how precious someone is until you lose him. Everything she did for you, the little things you never noticed, the faithful, day-to-day things that you took for granted. The way he made you feel, all the times you laughed and cried together, the long summer nights, the forbidden pleasures. The way she protected you, shielded you, when all along you believe the world really was made of sugar and ice, before the glass shattered and the curtains fell down, and the first horrific images you saw were burned into the deepest recesses of your soul. The way he soothed those burns, cooled the fire that had become a way of life, reminding you that it didn’t have to be that way. Why should it be that way?

Once upon a time, little boys bullied littler boys to build themselves up, and to drive the outcasts even further away. It wasn’t long before they were older, though, and the mommies and daddies taught them that it was unacceptable to be caught in their tormenting ways. Then they learned to be smarter, to be crueler, to wound without leaving marks. They learned to be masters at inflicting pain on the body, but even worse, they learned to inflict deeper, more intimate scars on the soul. Their barbs were words, their scratching, slander. They used names like blows; fαggøt, queer, slυτ. And when their prey gave up and died, what they heard was not the cries of the dying, but the keening of an angel.

You used to be sunshine, bubbles under a starry sky, a scion of Beauty herself. You were a light, charming and sweet and warm, a smile on the faces of tired old men. Your dancing was awkward, innocent, nonconformist. You were lighter than air, and the faintest breeze swept you off your feet. You never lifted a finger to force the world to change, but it changed around you, just to please you and see you grin. You left the world a little brighter in your wake, because you loved it so. You flirted with the earth, never quite hers, hovering just beyond her reach.

What changed? Was it the world, or you? Now you are tear-tracks, shattered glass, a pitiful waif. What misstep sent you hurtling down to this cold den?

I... I let down my guard, let the world too near, let my feet touch the ground, and it burned me.

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

Alina Aderyn Tomescu XOX ♀♀ ||
InsecureXXXXDark CourtXXXX Guilt-ridden XXXX They’ve always said, “Friends come and go, but family is forever.” I guess in a sense, it’s true for me. The only person who was ever actually there for me whenever I needed it was my brother. Sure, I’ve had friends. I’ve had plenty of friends. But there are always seems to be some sort of veil between us, so that none of them can really understand me. Maybe it’s my fault. Maybe I’m just too scared to share what I think with everyone, scared that I’ll be disowned, rejected, by them, just like how my parents seem to have rejected me. I was a coward, ever since I was a child. A coward. My brother was the only one I ever really opened up too, but maybe that was because he already knew everything before I ever said it. Don’t people say that if you know someone well enough, you can read their emotions just by looking at their face? That was the way it was with him. Even when I grew up and stopped crying and clinging to him, he could always read me, read me like an open book.

And then one day, even that much was taken from me. All I ever really had to cherish, to care for, taken from me like candy taken from a toddler. I knew life was cruel. I knew life was unfair, that it liked to mess with our heads and watch us cry. But I never thought it would do this to me. I never wanted this.

Did I ever say I hate God? Because I do. I hate Him with all my heart.

↘↘

XXMangaholic

_____________ Adrian Eldridge XOX ♂♂ ||
Self-sufficientXXXXDark CourtXXXX Rebellious XXXX Things were finally looking up between me and my parents; we were settling into a normal family lifestyle and then this happens? What are the chances that out of all the people in the world, I’m one of the “prophesized” hybrids that’s destined to save the world? Exactly. Little to none.

And what sort of intelligent race would insult and attack the same people they’re going to ask help from, anyway? That just makes them more likely to help the other side...obviously.

...but I want to know more. What was going on? How long had it been going on? What were we going to have to do? What was it that my Court did to offend those people? How different is this other world from the normal world?

...and the only place I can see answers coming from is the people who brought us here in the first place. Guess I’ll just have to stick around.

↘↘

XXmyahoo

_____________ Anrion Asmodeus Kolarov XOX ♂♂ ||
PragmaticXXXXDark CourtXXXX Hollow XXXX

At what point does the world’s weight become too great to bear? When the voices around you lose their false overtones and only the hatred and ugliness remain. In these moments we understand what the world truly is, a sphere which holds humanity captive while we reach for each other’s throats.

How do we reconcile this tormented existence inflicted upon us by the actions and emotions of our brother, mother, or friend? Where do we turn when those who supposedly loved us commit atrocities while kissing our hands?

We must understand the root of the issues that stain our existence, the blights which wrack our society, our own humanity. The universe has conspired to turn every action, even those deemed kind, into the damning events of humanity’s existence.

I will not fall into this endless cycle, nor will I allow this world to burn. I know not what the panacea to the corruption is but I will search for it and fates willing I will find it.

↘↘

XXKenosis

_____________ ιℓѕєи נαяє∂ νιмαяяσѕє ΔΔΔ ♂♂ ||
ïṉṉøсεṉτ ΔΔΔΔ roѕe coυrт ΔΔΔΔ ïɾɾερɾεṡṡïвlε ΔΔΔΔ There are only a few main characters in a typical world. They're the ones who go on adventures and slay dragons and get girls. Main characters almost always get happy endings. The rest of us? We're side characters. We get by.

My life hasn't been that complicated--OMG! It's a SQUIRREL!!

↘↘

ΔΔєℓѕєи∂σя

Sophia Leis XOX ♀♀||
ReservedXXXXSea courtXXXX Curious XXXX You never really realize how much someone is important to you before you lose that precious person. Some are lucky enough to pass most of their lives without realizing it until much later. You don’t realize how easy you have it until your world falls apart.

Me? I had a wonderful family and we took care of each others in our own way. I had people I could rely on even if I barely had any friends. To me, they were my whole life and I did my best to make them proud of me. Wondering why I’m speaking in the past of them? Yeah, me, I’m part of those who get a reality check for having done nothing, but being born. My family is gone from my life forever or worst, dead, killed by demons just because I existed. I’ve lost everything I thought was granted, reality, my family and I’m not even a human, but some half-breed.

Now I’m stuck with people who dislike me for what I am, but still want to use me and a bunch of other kids like me.

As the saying go :

Misery loves company.↘↘

XXSkarx

_____________ Mark Soliandra XOX ♂♂ ||
ApproachableXXXXSea CourtXXXX Protective XXXX My older brother’s always been there for me. From the moment I was born, he was always…there. In every picture we have of me as a baby, he’s also in there, holding me, hovering over me, watching to make sure I’m fine. When our parents died, he was the one to comfort me, while the lawyers talked. Whenever I had problems at school or with other kids, he listened and gave me advice on how to deal with them. He’s like my very own guardian. Like…my parent.

…I think I hurt him, though, when I decided to get adopted. He looked like he was about to cry, but then he turned away and said that it was fine, if that was what I really wanted. His voice was shaky and he wouldn’t look at me. I told him that if he didn’t want me to, then I wouldn’t, but he told me that I should do what I want, not what he wants. So, I did. The next day, he came over and met my new parents. I don’t think he liked them much, even though they were really nice to him. Afterwards, he gave me a cell phone and told me that he would call every day to make sure that everything was fine.

But he didn’t call earlier. He always calls at about eight. Always. Except today, he didn’t. And I’m worried about him. Because I know, as much as I need him, he needs me more and he wouldn’t let anything stop him from calling. That’s why I’m awake right now, staring up at the stars through my bedroom window while lying on my bed. I’m looking up at them and I have only one question:

What happened, Mark?

↘↘

XXmyahoo

_____________ Danni Karenza XOX ♀♀ ||
LonerXXXXStormXXXX Blunt XXXX Why did we have to move to New York? Our home in Britain was just fine. It was a lovely place in Caenarfon down by the water. There was a store near by, too. The weather was wonderful as well, especially sunny days with cool breezes that kept it from being too hot. But no, we had to move to a new country and live in some manky place called New York. The Americans are all bloody gits that aren't worth the time. If only dad hadn't needed to take that job. Sure, it may have been a better opportunity, but life in Britain is so much better than this murky place.

I don't want to interact with these people. My parents tell me to make friends, but I prefer the faceless relationships of users I meet at online forums. My grades are fine, I don't get in trouble, and I partake in an activity after school which teaches good values (the martial arts lessons). Why can't they just leave me alone?

Days are becoming redundant and lack-luster here in this city; I go to school, then lessons, then home. Repeat the next day. The only days that differ are Saturday and Sunday. Though, the only thing that changes is school and the time I leave the house. Ah, but this one girl who has the same Saturday lesson as me was trying to talk to me again. So when we sparred for practice, I decided to mop the floor with her. I doubt she'll be talking to me again. That's pretty much the only interesting thing that happened.

Why does everything have to be so mundane? My parents tell me to go hang out with friends but that's not possible because all of my friends are still back in the lush countryside of our hometown in Britain. I'll go for a walk. That'll at least get them to stop pestering me about all of this. I'll need to think of something else to do. Something to take away this boredom.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Who knew that could actually be true? One of those preppy girls, you know, the ones with an awesome figure and over achieves in everything, decided to share her opinion with me today during our lunch break. So, apparently I'm a good-for-nothing loser who has no true potential and will always come in last place as an idiot. Not being one to just sit there and take it, this preppy girl soon found her face in the dirt with her clothes as hair all messed up after I pinned her to the ground. If only her friends hadn't tattled by calling for help then and there I could have done something much more interesting. Unfortunately, a teacher pulled me off of her and I was sent to the principal's office. Parents were called, apologies were demanded but none received, and I was suspended. I spent most of the time keeping myself locked up in my room doing homework. It was just nice to see the girl avoid me when I returned to school.

In fact, most everyone avoided me even more than before. It used to be they just didn't notice me, but now it was as if I was some plaque that had to be avoided at all costs. At first, I thought it was great. But soon, I found it to be rather annoying. The world becomes quite the lonely place when no one is willing to talk with you face to face. The teachers were there, but they looked down upon me as some troublemaker so there was no point with them.

There was this one boy, and I don't know if he was just messed up in the head or really brave, but he was the first one to actually approach me as if I was a normal person. I was pretty sure he wasn't new at the school, yet there he was, calling out to me as I began to leave school grounds once the day was over. I thought he was crazy and just ignored him.

He was persistent though, and eventually I found myself walking off school grounds with him everyday.

I suppose New York wasn't as bad as I thought.

↘↘

XXKira1

_____________ Shirayuki "Snow" Amane XOX || ♀♀ || BashfulXXXXStorm and ThunderXXXX Forthright XXXX

XXXX

I still have trouble believing what's going on around me... but I have little choice but to do so with the creatures they call demons beating down the front door. The changes that happened to me overnight make it easier I think, but it's still hard for me to even accept that this is the slightest bit real. I've done my best to be the most pragmatic when dealing with these Umbalronis or whatever the hell they are, but some of them get on my nerves while others are okay. Overall though they average out as a rather dislikable bunch. Still they're the only thing between us and death, and I have no intention of letting them stop being such a barrier, I'm not a fool and don't intend to play that roll.

I have to wonder if the feelings I'm having now though in the pit of my gut are anything like what dad had when he was fighting over seas in the middle east. He's only able to tell us about some of the stuff he's ever involved in, the rest is apparently always classified. Still though, he would tell me stories of coming under fire from enemies and being able to hear the bullets passing mere inches away. I used to dismiss such ideas as fantasy, but with the way my adrenaline is going now and how my senses feel, I'm not so sure. Still He once told me how a sniper's round skipped off the top of his helmet and tore through his pack. I guess at that moment he would have felt death sitting beside him, waiting to claim him or his buddies, but deciding it wasn't their time.

Now I feel something I have to imagine is just like what he felt, a horrible sinking sensation in the pit of my gut that cools my insides. It feels like the realization that I might never make it home and see mom and dad again. That I might never hold a pain brush between my fingers to lay out the images within my mind onto the canvas. I'm not sure how my dad ever got used to it. Is it even possible to get used to a feeling like this? It just feels so empty and lonely... I think at least one or two of the Umbaltronis have felt this before... If we all live through this, I'll need to ask them. I don't like this feeling, it's something that I would wager would stop me if it keeps up too long, and I can't stand the idea of something doing that to me...

↘↘

XXjaina

_____________ Kathy Olivia Carnday XOX ♀♀ ||
ForthrightXXXXThunder CourtXXXX Independent XXXX I've always been alone. I've never felt the need for anyone else in my life. Not since then. Perhaps it's been too painful, and so I wrap myself in sweet, intoxicating lies. But the lies do not hurt; they are soothing and comforting, a much better prospective than facing the harsh reality of Truth, whose cacophonic whispers sting like the sharpest of needles, opening old wounds, exposing my deep weakness inside, leaving me to bleed… leaving me to die. Like how Mother left me. Though Mother also left me two precious gifts, they are not solace enough to dull the pain and ease the anguish, for it is deeply rooted within my hardening heart. I used to dream, but no longer. I no longer wish for someone to come and sweep me away, taking away with them all my hurt and tears; it is a childish dream, and I am anything but a child. I no longer cry, though nightmares haunt my sleeping hours. Many people thought to offer pity, but I scorn at them, for what is pity but useless words spoken without a second thought? They are worth nothing, and I am tired of always having to reply with a polite smile and meek gesture of appreciation. I've had enough.

Where I used to find joy and happiness in this darkening world, I now find suffering and despair. Yet I must still live, still put up an agonizing act each day, still go through a boorish routine, for the sole sake of society and appearance. I couldn't care less, but I have my two gifts to look after. For them I will suffer, for them I will endure, for them I will smile; for them only. I will breathe as long as they live, for they are now my everything. I need nothing more, and I want nothing more. As I continue to delude myself in my own web of deceit, I will move forward. Amor Vincit Omnia.

↘↘

XXlilyice

Edited by Mangaholic

Notable NPCs

Rhiannon Aileach, seventeen years old, is extremely gorgeous, being only one small step from being inhumanly beautiful. She towers over most girls, standing at 5’11, and puts most to shame with her good looks. The only creatures that could best her looks would be the faeries, and possibly some vampires and demons. Her pale, oval-shaped face is set with dark brown, nearly black, eyes and framed by long, jet black hair that reaches far past her slim waist. Her arms and wrists are scored with thin, white scars that one would not notice unless they knew that the scars werthere. Like most other Umbralatronis, she received these scars from her previous fights with demons, though luckily for her, her face escaped the defilement of the scars. However, lately, dark circles have begun to grow beneath her eyes, and her eyes are slightly swollen from her over-excessive weeping. Despite how distraught and dejected she is feeling, she still has a haughty and cynical air about her, which usually causes immediately dislike toward her from anyone who doesn’t know her.

Hadyn Allende is nineteen years old, with fiery red hair falling over his eyes and bright green eyes that light up his features. He stands shorter than Rhiannon, at only 5’8, though that would still be considered average height for mundane boys. One can typically find him with a naïve smile upon his face, making it seem as if he knew nothing of the world’s despairs, and his facetious personality makes it seem even more so. However the pale, almost invisible scars that adorn his arms and torso tell a rather different story. There are some that aren’t quite as inconspicuous as the others, like they typically should be on an Umbralatronis, but those are hidden beneath his clothing, just as he wants them to be. Despite his seemingly small build, he is actually quite muscular underneath, which would only be expected for one of his race, and beneath his clothing, he always keep hidden a dagger, should his sword ever be out of reach when he needs it.

Summer Court 1} Mangaholic's Sadine Leila Piromane

Summer Court 2} MurderMayhemxx's Breckin Avery Rothbridge

Winter Court 1} Lilyice's Gordon White

Winter Court 2} Elsendor's Concord Avon Edan Aduviri

Winter Court 3} MurderMayhemxx's David “Dave” Alexander Harley

Dark Court 1} Mangaholic's Alina Aderyn Tomescu

Dark Court 2} myahoo's Adrian Eldridge

Dark Court 3} Kenosis's Anrion Asmodeus Kolarov

Rose Court 1} Open Reserved by Elsendor

Rose Court 2} Elsendor's Sen Vimarrose

Sea Court 1} Skarx's Sophia Leis

Sea Court 2} myahoo's Mark Soliandra

Storm Court 1} Kira1's Danni Karenza

Storm Court 2} jaina's Shirayuki Amane

Thunder Court 1} lilyice's Kathy Olivia Carnday

Thunder Court 2} Open

Mountain Court 1} Reserved by futurelibkeeper

Mountain Court 2} Open

Edited by Mangaholic

just a question... when exactly with this RP start? once all the spots are filled up and chosen, or is there a fixed date no matter what?

Okay, Rhea, I'll keep that in mind. ^^ Have fun on your... vacation?

jaina and dani-xo: I'd like this RP to start after I finish my own character app, and get the majoirty of them checked/approved. When I'm done with mine, I'd like you all to check over it to see if it's okay.

...**** I need to start mine.

._.

Mine will most likely come in late; due to the fact it's really hectic due to it being the last week of school.

Friday or Saturday will be the latest the forms will come in; might come in before that.

kk Manga would you like help reviewing forms? if so I'll help

You can all help me check mine, since I finished (at last!).

Note: She's not bipolar, as much as it seems like it.

Note to jaina: She might seem a bit like Shira from elementalists, so sorry about that.

Username: Mangaholic

Name: Alina Aderyn Tomescu

Birthday: February 13,1994

Court: Dark

Appearance: Alina is a rather tall, slender girl, standing at about 5’7 and weighing approximately 120 pounds. When loose, her dark hair streams from her head like a black river, reaching a little ways above her waist. However, being one who never really cared much about her hair, or even her appearance, she always ties it up in a slightly high ponytail. Her bangs are swept messily to the right, sometimes poking into her right eye. The only times she will actually leave her hair free to its flowing beauty are when her parents force her to or when it is wet, though don’t be fooled. It’s only her hair that is extremely pretty; her face doesn’t have much special about it, and her beauty is pretty much what one would consider to be average.

The features on Alina’s face are rather defined, despite the fact that she rarely ever uses make-up. Her eyes are a sad, bluish gray shade, and her eyes have gotten nothing but more dejected since the death of her dear brother. Currently, her skin is lightly tanned, due to the amount of time she spends outside. However, her skin would return to its rather pale shade quite quickly. She would lose her tan if she stayed out of the sun for only a week. Still, her paleness doesn’t cause her to look anymore sickly than she already is. Her body is lean and muscular for a girl, which would be expected, considering the amount of time she spends playing sports outside. She has a faded scar high up on her right arm, one that can only been seen when she wears short-sleeves. The scar holds a deep, despairing memory that Alina would rather not talk about.

Alina never cared about her clothing or her hair, like other girls did. On a warm day, she tends to wear a plain t-shirt or a spaghetti strap with a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, while in the winter; she wears thick, hooded sweaters, usually gray or black in color. She has several pairs of shoes, but the only ones that she commonly wears are a pair of checkered gray-and-black Vans sneakers. She always has a silver pocket watch, complete with a chain, on her at all times, except when swimming, sleeping, etc. It once belonged to her brother, and she would go as far as killing to keep it safe.

Personality: Alina, being born in a rather mountainous state, loves hiking in the mountains and forests, as well as playing sports. As a result, she is very athletic and fast, at least on human terms. Of all animals, she loves birds the most, as she finds them the most interesting and with some species, the easiest to observe. Her favorite is the peregrine falcon, which she has seen a number of times in her Californian home. Of all indoor activities, she enjoys playing the guitar the most, as well as singing along to the songs she plays, though like her beauty, her voice is only average. She often spends hours locked up in her room, strumming distantly at the guitar strings, as she gazes into space, deeply lost in thought and memory.

Alina is a cool and rather distant person, the degree depending on how well she knows the person she is talking to. She is still cold at times toward her friends and family, but they let it slide, knowing that it is in her personality to be like that, especially after her brother’s untimely death. She often has random mood swings, being hyper and cheerful at one moment and then grim and sullen at the next. It is something that worries her friends and parents greatly, though they choose not to console her about it, knowing that it’ll only cause her to despair even more. Still, within this cold, forlorn girl lies someone extremely caring and warmhearted, though to a stranger, it would seem like she was the complete opposite, due to her pessimism and bluntness. To her, flattering does people more harm than good.

Despite being an average student who earns A’s and B’s, she is armed with an extremely sharp and quick tongue, ready to use it whenever someone close to her is insulted. She is clever and quick-witted, sometimes resulting in people having the belief that she is terribly rude. However, she is far more polite than many other teens of her age. She lies whenever needed, and is capable of lying smoothly, but she never breaks promises that she has sincerely made, no matter what. It is something that she takes a great deal of pride in.

History: Alina is of Romanian descent, but she was born in the state of California, where she and her older brother, Fane, developed their love for nature and hiking. About three or four years ago, they moved to New York City, where her father, a journalist, was offered a new job. Her mother stays at home, tending to the house. In December of 2009, the family went to the Rocky Mountains for vacation, and it was there that Fane was savagely mauled and killed by an enormous wolf. The event is something that Alina rarely talks about, and something that others refrain from mentioning, even if terrible curiosity burns within them. She was the only who witnessed Fane’s untimely death, as she keeps his prized possessions, which she deems as the most precious to her. Currently, Alina and her parents live in a small, cozy house with their American eagle dog, Elak.

Weaknesses: Alina, being mainly human, has plenty of human flaws. Her strange mood swings since the day of her brother’s death have caused those who don’t know her well to think that she is crazy and slightly mental, as she will often break down and start crying randomly. As a result, strangers tend to stay away from her, often making her feel even more miserable. In tears and despair, Alina often can’t think straight and will head straight for danger without realizing it.

Despite having an extremely powerful and painful punch, she would definitely lose against someone who knows any type of martial arts, as she knows none. Unfortunately, she will often refuse to lose and end up getting hurt a lot more.

Alina would be rendered utterly useless if someone managed to take hold of Fane’s pocket watch, since she would do everything in her power to keep it safe. After all, the watch is the one of the only things that she has left of her brother, and it would probably kill her spirit if she allowed it to be destroyed. Stealing the pocket watch would be the easiest, and cruelest, way to manipulate her.

Alina has a deep hatred for stereotypes and prejudice. Should she ever meet anyone who was racist, etc. she would immediately pick a fight with them, first with her sharp tongue and then with punches. Despite punching extremely hard and having some experience in fighting, she would most likely lose, as she would probably be outnumbered by a lot. If it wasn’t for her brother or her friends, she most likely would have died in some fight a long, long time ago.

Skills: Alina has several skills to make up for her flaws and vulnerabilities. For one thing, she packs an extremely powerful punch that could easily put a grown man to tears, as a result of her tom-boy past. Of course, her punches would only be useful against someone who knew nothing better than street fighting, but there aren’t that many people in New York City who know martial arts.

Alina is also highly skilled at fencing, for which she took classes for about three or four years ago. Being rather competitive with her brother, she practiced hours upon hours trying to perfect fencing in order to best Fane, and as a result, she has nearly mastered the art of fencing.

She is also a smooth liar, able to maintain a straight face throughout her entire web of lies. Only someone who truly knew her, like Fane, would be able to tell the difference between her truth and her lie. She is also capable of spinning a web of lies on a second’s notice, and her stories aren’t stupid and unbelievable.

She also possesses a sharp, quick tongue, and is adept at debating and arguing. If she tried hard enough, she could easily get what she wanted, as long as she doesn’t end up offending the person she is talking to. She won’t stand for an insult, and that’s when her tongue becomes the knife that stabs her in the back.

Special Abilities: Mixed in with her Romanian blood is the blood of the Brannachvar, the “raven people.” As a result, on Midsummer’s eve, her blue-gray eyes will darken until they become pitch black, something disturbing to look at when looking her in the eyes. Upon her back, she will have black, feathery wings, though what is different about her is that she can merge her wings into her body so that that they become an elaborate and strange tattoo. Her nails will grow longer and sharper, making it devastating for anyone she decides to claw or tear at, and she’ll soon find that she can understand what birds are singing of in their songs, as well as answering to them. It comes quite easily to her, in fact, as if she was just speaking English, and she is quite skilled at speaking the language of the birds. However, she also fails at transforming, unable to keep the form of a raven for longer than five minutes. In this time, she is only able to fly short distances, and if she is in the air when her time is up, she will probably fall to her death, or at least break a couple of bones. Hopefully, her mastery of the transformation skill will better over time…

Unique Color: Darkred

Edited by Mangaholic

Username: Mangaholic

Name:Alina Aderyn Tomescu

Birthday:February 13,1994

Court:Dark

Appearance: Alina is a rather tall, slender girl, standing at about 5’7 and weighing approximately 120 pounds. When loose, her dark hair streams from her head like a black river, reaching a little ways above her waist. However, being one who never really cared much about her hair, or even her appearance, she always ties it up in a slightly high ponytail. Her bangs are swept messily to the right, sometimes poking into her right eye. The only time she will actually leave her hair free to its flowing beauty, though don’t be fooled. It’s only her hair that is extremely pretty; her face doesn’t have much special about it, and her beauty is pretty much what one would consider to be average.

The features on Alina’s face are rather defined, despite the fact that she rarely ever uses make-up. Her eyes are a sad, bluish gray shade, and her eyes have gotten nothing but more despairing since the death of her dear brother. Currently, her skin is lightly tanned, due to the amount of time she spends outside. However, her skin would return to its rather pale shade quite quickly. She would lose her tan if she stayed out of the sun for only a week. Still, her paleness doesn’t cause her to look anymore sickly than she already is. Her body is lean and muscular for a girl, which would be expected, considering the amount of time she spends playing sports outside. She has a faded scar high up on her right arm, one that can only been seen when she wears short-sleeves. The scar holds a deep, despairing memory that Alina would rather now talk about.

Alina never cared about her clothing or her hair, like other girls did. On a warm day, she tends to wear a plain t-shirt or a spaghetti strap with a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, while in the winter; she wears thick, hooded sweaters, usually gray or black in color. She has several pairs of shoes, but the only ones that she commonly wears are a pair of checkered gray-and-black Vans sneakers. She always has a silver pocket watch, complete with a chain, on her at all times, except when swimming, sleeping, etc. It once belonged to her brother, and she would go as far as killing to keep it safe.

Personality: Alina, being born in a rather mountainous state, loves hiking in the mountains and forests, as well as playing sports. As a result, she is very athletic and fast, at least on human terms. Of all animals, she loves birds the most, as she finds them the most interesting and with some species, the easiest to observe. Her favorite is the peregrine falcon, which she has seen a number of times. Of all indoor activities, she enjoys playing the guitar the most, as well as singing along to the songs she plays, though like her beauty, her voice is only average. She often spends hours locked up in her room, strumming distantly at the guitar strings, as she gazes into space, deeply lost in thought and memory.

Alina is a cool and rather distant person, the degree depending on how well she knows the person she is talking to. She is still cold at times toward her friends and family, but they let it slide, knowing that it is in her personality to be like that, especially after her brother’s untimely death. She often has random mood swings, being hyper and cheerful at one moment and then grim and sullen at the next. It is something that worries her friends and parents greatly, though they choose not to console her about it, knowing that it’ll only cause her to despair even more. Still, within this cold, forlorn girl lies someone extremely caring and warmhearted, though to a stranger, it would seem like she was the complete opposite, due to her pessimism and bluntness. To her, flattering does people more harm than good.

Despite being an average student who earns A’s and B’s, she is armed with an extremely sharp and quick tongue, ready to use it whenever someone close to her is insulted. She is clever and quick-witted, sometimes resulting in people having the belief that she is terribly rude. However, she is far more polite than many other teens of her age. She lies whenever needed, and is capable of lying smoothly, but she never breaks promises that she has sincerely made, no matter what. It is something that she takes a great deal of pride in.

History: Alina is of Romanian descent, but she was born in the state of California, where she and her older brother, Fane, developed their love for nature and hiking. About three or four years ago, they moved to New York City, where her father, a journalist, was offered a new job. Her mother stays at home, tending to the house. In December of 2009, the family went to the Rocky Mountains for vacation, and it was there that Fane was savagely mauled and killed by an enormous wolf. The event is something that Alina rarely talks about, and something that others refrain from mentioning, even if terrible curiosity burns within them. She was the only who witnessed Fane’s untimely death, as she keeps his prized possessions, which she deems as the most precious to her. Currently, Alina and her parents live in a small, cozy house with their American eagle dog, Elak.

Weaknesses: Alina, being mainly human, has plenty of human flaws. Her strange mood swings since the day of her brother’s death have caused those who don’t know her well to think that she is crazy and slightly mental, as she will often break down and start crying randomly. As a result, strangers tend to stay away from her, often making her feel even more miserable. In tears and despair, Alina often can’t think straight and will head straight for danger without realizing it.

Despite having an extremely powerful and painful punch, she would definitely lose against someone who knows any type of martial arts, as she knows none. Unfortunately, she will often refuse to lose and end up getting hurt a lot more.

Alina would be utterly rendered useless if someone managed to take hold of Fane’s pocket watch, since she would do everything in her power to keep it safe. Stealing the pocket watch would be the easiest, and cruelest, way to manipulate her.

Alina has a deep hatred for stereotypes and prejudice. Should she ever meet anyone who was racist, etc. she would immediately pick a fight with them, first with her sharp tongue and then with punches. Despite punching extremely hard and having some experience in fighting, she would most likely lose, as she would probably be outnumbered by a lot. If it wasn’t for her brother or her friends, she most likely would have died in some fight a long, long time ago.

Skills: Alina has several skills to make up for her flaws and vulnerabilities. For one thing, she packs an extremely powerful punch that could easily put a grown man to tears, as a result of her tom-boy past. Of course, her punches would only be useful against someone who knew nothing better than street fighting, but there aren’t that many people in New York City who know martial arts.

Alina is also highly skilled at fencing, for which she took classes for about three or four years ago. Being rather competitive with her brother, she practiced hours upon hours trying to perfect fencing in order to best Fane, and as a result, she has nearly mastered the art of fencing.

She is also a smooth liar, able to maintain a straight face throughout her entire web of lies. Only someone who truly knew her, like Fane, would be able to tell the difference between her truth and her lie. She is also capable of spinning a web of lies on a second’s notice, and her stories aren’t stupid and unbelievable.

She also possesses a sharp, quick tongue, and is adept at debating and arguing. If she tried hard enough, she could easily get what she wanted, as long as she doesn’t end up offending the person she is talking to. She won’t stand for an insult, and that’s when her tongue becomes the knife that stabs her in the back.

Special Abilities: Mixed in with her Romanian blood is the blood of the Brannachvar, the “raven people.” As a result, on Midsummer’s eve, her blue-gray eyes will darken until they become pitch black, something disturbing to look at when looking her in the eyes. Upon her back, she will have black, feathery wings, though what is different about her is that she can merge her wings into her body so that that they become an elaborate and strange tattoo. Her nails will grow longer and sharper, making it devastating for anyone she decides to claw or tear at, and she’ll soon find that she can understand what birds are singing of in their songs, as well as answering to them. It comes quite easily to her, in fact, as if she was just speaking English, and she is quite skilled at speaking the language of the birds. However, she also fails at transforming, unable to keep the form of a raven for longer than five minutes. In this time, she is only able to fly short distances, and if she is in the air when her time is up, she will probably fall to her death, or at least break a couple of bones. Hopefully, her mastery of the transformation skill will better over time…

Unique Color: Darkred

my edits are in bold, and she seems almost like the exact opposite in a whole lot of ways to Shira, although she's very similar in a number of them too. i wonder what the two would look like together...?

silver haired and eyed girl with black haired and eyed girl... sounds pretty interesting

Okay... Tomorrow is our like party... I'm not going to any other classes so I doubt I'll get work...

So....

I'll prolly be able to send in my form tomorrow. *works diligently on it*

*wishes that she didn't procrastinate so much*

bg just what does your avatar say? and how do you think it applies to this?

I fixed it, thanks. I'll probably start this on the weekend, if I have time, but for now, I'm super busy, for some reason...

BG's avater says: "Work is Hard. Procrastinate."

Psst manga.

I think she meant it in sarcasmm.

...And Jaina;

your wording makes ma head hurt.

wacko.gif

im like the biggest procrastinator in the world. (maybe not THAT big, but still.)

it took me three days to start on the application after reading it; but no worries, bg, i'm sure u'll get it done soon!

What a meeting of bad procrastinator!! xd.png

(Self inlcuded)

... blargh. I'm usually a procrastinator, but this RP sounded so epic I didn't procrastinate for once!

Wanna staaaarrrrrrttttt... I swap procrastination for impatience!

Even though it'd be best for me if y'alls ended up procrastinating until January, since I'll be on teh vacay.

... whatever.

Don't worry, I'm a huge procrastinator too. xd.png Which is why it took me forever to make my own character app. By the way, jaina, is it better now, or are there still some problems.

Sorry Rhea, but I forgot. When did you say that you were going on vacation?

About the Intro:

Your characters will pretty much be going about in their normal lives, as this RP will start on June 23rd, the day before Midsummer's Eve. They might catches glimpses of strange things, such as people covered in thorns, red-eyed people, etc. They'll all have feelings of foreboding on that day, though they won't realize anything at all. I don't care if your intro posts are boring, just as long as they reach the bare minimum. Besides, most of the characters all seem to live pretty interesting lives, so I'm pretty sure that you guys could make your posts a bit more exciting, but it's okay if you can't. Once the day ends, I'll explain what else happens. When they meet each other and learn of what they are, the RP will probably go a bit free-form after that, considering the fact that I have no set path right now to how to save the world.

Also, when writing dialogue, could you all please press "Enter" when a new person is speaking, so that it isn't so difficult to read? Thanks. Unless your character is saying a lot, I don't think that it should count as a single paragraph by itself.

Any questions?

You can start it, but I'm not going to start the RP until maybe Friday or Saturday, when I have a bit more time to organize everything. Sorry.

Edited by Mangaholic

Okay thanks.

I'll start this tonight then, when everyone deletes their OoC posts in the other thread, not this one. Since there are still character forms that haven't been accepted or submitted yet, we'll go slow, so I don't really mind how long it takes you to get through the rest of June 23rd.

brokenglass still needs to send me her character forms. If you've already finished one, you could send it to me now. Otherwise, it's okay. smile.gif

Saphire and Kira are still working on theirs, and Rosella is gone for about a week or two.

I just put up Skarx and dani-xo's characters.

From the forms that have been sent in so far, we have six girls and two guys.

And one more thing, does anyone see anything wrong with my character before I put it up too? Thanks.

Edit: And I forgot to mention that dani-xo created a Winter Faerie called the Frigidula.

Edited by Mangaholic