Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

I chose control. Although now that I think about it, it was the better choice. Shepard then would never really die.

Played through ME 1 & 2, working on 3.. Mass Effect 3 has the best story line EVER! Not to mention same-sex romance options. I did the Male Shepard with Steve Cortez (shuttle pilot) romance arc. Steve Cortez's history made me cry. By far the best out of the series.

Edited by Lord_Kishin

As a whole I thought the game was just epic... from the begining with Earth being attacked and running through all the Reaper's destruction to the amazing world of Tuchanka... to the Asari homeworld. I'm not trying to spark a debate as I'm all sure everyone who has finished the game or just about anyone who hasn't been living under the proverbial rock knows that most gamer's views of the ending are... unsatisfied... but up until the end I really found it as a top notch game and one that did the whole series proud. I romanced Kaiden from the very first game. Having played Dragon Age 1 and 2 I was expecting the romances to be more... umm.. engaging and I was to be honest kinda disapointed by the lack of expanding on Kaiden's character much at all but eh. The storyline was what made it amazing... and Garrus... Garrus too lol wink.gif

Free multiplayer DLC (adding Batarians, Geth, other classes, and new weapons) will be available soon.

A "clarification" DLC ("Extended Cut") to the endings will be released this summer for free.

VERY interested in the multiplayer DLC! biggrin.gif Awesome!

Not so much in the 'Extended Cut' one...meh. I've already rewritten the end to how I thought it should have been and tried to make peace with my new found complete distrust of Bioware. Not sure how this will mess up my new dynamic.

Alpha1 has already mentioned the indoctrination theory, but here's a video to help back it up!

^ It got me, that's for sure. If Bioware did it on purpose I think it's too perfect xd.png

Has anyone else been playing around with the new maps, guns, and characters from the Resurgence Pack? Asari Justicar is awesome, and the geth's Hunter Mode is amazing. The only one I haven't unlocked yet is the Krogan Vanguard, and he looks fun. I usually hate SMGs, but I am starting to like the Geth Plasma SMG.

Been doing nothing but playing multiplayer the last few weeks, since downloading the Pack I've only gotten the Batarian Sentinel, the Geth Plasma SMG and the Harpoon gun.

I like the SMG and Harpoon gun. I want a Geth SO BAD, all the premium packs I've opened haven't had anything good in them.

I love the Hydra map, I can take or leave Condor.

I like the Batarian although, I haven't gotten to try any other race though I have been buying a lot of super spectre packs.

I gues i`m one of the few that realy liked the ending (not the cinematics, as it is terible and weak),and i have my own teory why most of the fans did not like it. That is becouse we all were expecting a huge battle with ripers and the biggest fleet in the universe, for 3 games you work for the best posible outcome of the game and work hard to get the biggest fleet together to work as you tell them, but than in the last 5 minutes of the gameplay someone grabs you by your balls and puls you down thus giveing you huge pain and gets you rageing and annoyed. You all must think why the heck did i play 3 games and gather up all those allies if now a "litle boy" tells you what to do, and you have no influence on it. And that is the reason i like it, i was excepting a huge battle with normandy in front going head on for the ripers that were somehow weakened by the crucible, than going inside Harbringer and somehow plant a bomb or virus inside so the ripers are destroyed, but it turns diferent and one "Litle Boy" tells you what you must do to win, but sadly this leads to posible the worst cinematics out there. But apart from cinematics all other aspects of game were briliant, but it was kind of short game.

Now waiting for the extended endgame cinematics DLC that will be free, wich will hopefully make this game not only briliant but perfect for me.

People aren't so much mad that it wasn't cinematically over the top, but mostly that all three endings are basically the same, the Bioware repeatedly lied about what sort of experience we would have, that the choices have nothing to do with the choices you've made over the course of the game, that the Mass Relays blowing up will kill just about everything in the galaxy anyway, that the Quarians and Turians on Earth (provided Earth isn't destoryed when the Charon relay is destroyed -- unlikely) are stranded without a food source and will all die, that galactic civilization as we know it is ending (what we were fighting for), that Joker and your crew apparently abandon you at the last second and are outrunning some energy for some reason (giant plot hole), and more.

People aren't so much mad that it wasn't cinematically over the top, but mostly that all three endings are basically the same, the Bioware repeatedly lied about what sort of experience we would have, that the choices have nothing to do with the choices you've made over the course of the game, that the Mass Relays blowing up will kill just about everything in the galaxy anyway, that the Quarians and Turians on Earth (provided Earth isn't destoryed when the Charon relay is destroyed -- unlikely) are stranded without a food source and will all die, that galactic civilization as we know it is ending (what we were fighting for), that Joker and your crew apparently abandon you at the last second and are outrunning some energy for some reason (giant plot hole), and more.

There must be a reason that normandy was running from that blast, but the badly made cinematics did not show any real things what has happned, and i think that ships are so advanced that other reaces can get to theyr home planets even if mass relays get destroyed. And aperently when mass relays get destroyed with crucible they relese theyr energy forward to the next mass relay so all the force jumps ahed so it does not destroy thingls like the blast in arival. But people are angry becouse they cant chose what will happen, and they wanted an ful front asoult against reapers.

There must be a reason that normandy was running from that blast, but the badly made cinematics did not show any real things what has happned, and i think that ships are so advanced that other reaces can get to theyr home planets even if mass relays get destroyed. And aperently when mass relays get destroyed with crucible they relese theyr energy forward to the next mass relay so all the force jumps ahed so it does not destroy thingls like the blast in arival. But people are angry becouse they cant chose what will happen, and they wanted an ful front asoult against reapers.

It'll take years, though, with the distances that the planets are from each other and the speed ships can go.

And of course people wanted to be able to choose an ending. It makes no sense to have only three endings (especially since Bioware lied) in a Choose Your Own Adventure type game, with all three being fundamentally the same. No matter how you played the triology, full paragon, full renegade, inbetween... everything is the same in the end.

It'll take years, though, with the distances that the planets are from each other and the speed ships can go.

And of course people wanted to be able to choose an ending. It makes no sense to have only three endings (especially since Bioware lied) in a Choose Your Own Adventure type game, with all three being fundamentally the same. No matter how you played the triology, full paragon, full renegade, inbetween... everything is the same in the end.

It will take longer than ASAP like it did with Mass relays but still people will get to places they want. And you can chose what hapens in the end, you have 3 choises, Destroy ripers along with synthetics, Control them or Synthesis, and the only thing that lets you belive it is identical with all 3 ending is becouse devs were lazy and all 3 cinematic endings look the same with 5% diference in them, but if they were totaly diferent ppl wuld not be ranting so much as you get 3 choices but they are not shown in cinematics as it is only one cinematic ending made and shown for all 3 game endings.

For me 3 endings are enough, you get to destroy them, control them or synthesis with syntetics, now the ony other endings that wuld be posible is totaly give up and let ripers destroy everything, or ignor the "litle boy" and order a full head on attack on the ripers, wich you wuld not survive as ripers are still stronger than your force is or ever will be.

Yes, that was my point. It will take years. The quarians and the turians do not have a food source to last years, unless the Quarians just so happened to bring one of their lifeships to Earth to fight, instead of leaving it on Rannoch where it would be significantly more useful.

It's not just a problem with the cinematic. Yes, they ARE fundamentally the same. Whichever you choose, the end result is the same. You basically choose which color of energy you want to use. And there's still the problem that no matter how you played the game the endings are all the same for everyone in the end. Not exactly fitting for a choose your own adventure game.

I liked the ending of Mass Effect 3. Why am I part of the minority, I wonder...

Yes, that was my point. It will take years. The quarians and the turians do not have a food source to last years, unless the Quarians just so happened to bring one of their lifeships to Earth to fight, instead of leaving it on Rannoch where it would be significantly more useful.

It's not just a problem with the cinematic. Yes, they ARE fundamentally the same. Whichever you choose, the end result is the same. You basically choose which color of energy you want to use. And there's still the problem that no matter how you played the game the endings are all the same for everyone in the end. Not exactly fitting for a choose your own adventure game.

I think the 3 endings we can chose are like the paragon/renegade oprions we can chose in game, destroy the ripers and synthetics wuld be kind of renegade option, control them is like paragon option, and syntesize wuld be a middle path. And i understand we cant have ending for all the game plays in the world as milion people play the game diferently and if there wuld be an ending for each gameplay thee game wuld be so big that you wuld need a case full of dvds to to only get the ending on them. I still think that if you can chose 3 diferent endings it is more than enough, i dont need an ending that wuld be specific to the stile with wich i played the series, i`m happy that i got to chose what will hapen in the end, but cinematics ruined it all as all 3 are made the same way, only with diferent color.

Well, yes. Three endings would be quite sufficient and satisfying, if they were completely and vastly different from each other; which the endings we have aren't even close to being different in anyway other than philosophically.

I see the endings as almost a, "Pick your failure" type of scenario. Either Shepard chooses to sacrifice a good friend + the Geth(regardless if they would have been okay with dieing), or become what she has fought against through three games(Saren wanted to merge organics and synthetics, TIM wanted to control Reapers).

Three vastly different endings with interesting little changes depending on what you did and how you played, or three ending that are basically the same except for the ideology behind the decision and a few easy to miss differences. Hmmmmm....

Yes, that's a large problem. I also disagree with Control being the Paragon option, though none of them are really paragon in essence.

None of the endings are Paragon/Renegade.

People dislike the ending for many reasons. One of the most prominent being it doesn't make sense. Why introduce the major antagonist of the entire series in the last five minutes of the game? Why is Shepard forced to agree with the Catalyst? Why is the Normandy escaping?

In addition to this, Bioware stated there would be sixteen unique endings. There are three, and all three are basically a different color.

Mass Effect is a game that revolves around choice, and a whopping zero choices matter when you choose the endings. Someone who spent years perfecting their save can get the exact same outcome as some random person who picked up Mass Effect 3, rushed through the single-player, and just played the multiplayer to get enough war assets.

While traveling to other systems through FTL is possible, who can really do that? There is not enough fuel to do this, especially since the Reapers destroyed most of the Fuel Stations.

None of the endings are Paragon/Renegade.

People dislike the ending for many reasons. One of the most prominent being it doesn't make sense. Why introduce the major antagonist of the entire series in the last five minutes of the game? Why is Shepard forced to agree with the Catalyst? Why is the Normandy escaping?

In addition to this, Bioware stated there would be sixteen unique endings. There are three, and all three are basically a different color.

Mass Effect is a game that revolves around choice, and a whopping zero choices matter when you choose the endings. Someone who spent years perfecting their save can get the exact same outcome as some random person who picked up Mass Effect 3, rushed through the single-player, and just played the multiplayer to get enough war assets.

While traveling to other systems through FTL is possible, who can really do that? There is not enough fuel to do this, especially since the Reapers destroyed most of the Fuel Stations.

The litle boy is not the antagonist, but the Catalyst is an ancient and powerful entity of unknown origin that resides within the Citadel, wich took form as a litle boy. If shepard did not agre with Catalyst what shuld he/she do, and Normandy is escapeing becouse joker wants to save his ship and his love EDI , so he tries to outrun the mistical energy blast.

As for the choises in the series, trough entire series you only have couple of choices in talk, paragon/renegade, and few normal ones that have the same outcome, so basicaly 2 options, you persuade or intimidate you enemy to stand down, or use normal lines and fight at the end.

And at the end of mass effect 3 we get to chose from 3 diferent endings that can produce up to 7 cinematics, but all are allmost the same, so it seems like it wuld be only one ending altho we have 3 choices. I dont say it is a perfect ending, but it is good enough for me becouse it intruduces a big twist in the end and unexpected one.

And endings are dependant on the choices you make in previouse games, as fresh mass effect 3 game without previouse saves does not have same things alive as if you import perfect saves from me2, and with a bad choices in the fresh new game it is realy hard to get enough war assets to get best ending, and ofcourse seeing all your previouse comerads and going to battle with them is worth more than couple of MP maps for better war asets.

But WHY is Joker leaving in the first place. It's not like he knew something like that was going to happen ahead of time. The Normandy is pretty much the flagship of the Alliance. Why didn't he stay and fight? Why did Garrus, who I explicitly took with me on our final run together, why did Garrus decided to abruptly turn around, jump on the Normandy, and abandon me?

If anyone actually looks at the video I posted it has a go at explaining this :3

The basic idea of the ending, regardless of which of the three you get, is a dream/hallucination. I know the video's 20 minutes long but it's really very interesting! I think you guys would quite enjoy the idea those people have come up with biggrin.gif

Indoctrination theory is pretty well known by now. I like it better than the straight-up ending to be honest, but it still has some problems.

But WHY is Joker leaving in the first place. It's not like he knew something like that was going to happen ahead of time. The Normandy is pretty much the flagship of the Alliance. Why didn't he stay and fight? Why did Garrus, who I explicitly took with me on our final run together, why did Garrus decided to abruptly turn around, jump on the Normandy, and abandon me?

Why are they all runing is something i can not explain, but it is posible that normandy was in the midle of battle, and when joker seen that ripers are droping down and the misteriouse energy ray he decided that he shuld save edi. But if cinematics wuld be better than they are now, and at least decent we wuls know more stuff. My main problem is not that there is not enough choices in the end, but the fact that they are not visible in the ending cinematics, we dont see how did partymembers end up on normandy, nor do we see why is the ship flying away,what hapens to ripers if we chose to control or syntesize, the big plot holes happen after we make the choice so only the cinematics stinks. And the ending wuld not be that bad if we wuld know that the saga will go on with mass effect 4, but as this is sopose to be the last part we shuld get things straight, altho the old geezard in the end that is telling a story says it culd continue i dont think this is the reason for the worst posible cinematic ending in the world of gameing.