Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

Well if using intimidate options worked, I guess it's only fair charm options worked too. Is that the main reason why the game isn't nice to people trying to be neutral? Dr. Paine mentioned it.

I meant he was corrupt in a good way. Though I'm not even sure what I would've used in place of corrupt. Cowboy cop is a better description, cheers.

Preordered ME3. My jaw dropped when I asked for the price tag of the collectors edition ($130au), that's like $58 short of buying another Xbox 360. Well, I've got until March to pay it all at least. ;_;

Managed to convert my mother to playing this as well, she seems hooked on it. Can't remember exactly what she said, but the fact that there is voiced dialog helped her opinion on it (she's only played games where you read most of the dialog such as RS and WoW). I'm surprised she likes it considering Sci Fi/Shooter games are what she usually avoids.

Mass Effect 3 confirmed to have 82 total minutes of cutscenes in the game. Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 only had around 65 minutes of cutscenes each.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Well if using intimidate options worked, I guess it's only fair charm options worked too. Is that the main reason why the game isn't nice to people trying to be neutral? Dr. Paine mentioned it.

Eeyup.

You can miss out on a ton of great options/rewards if you play neutral and never manage to unlock the proper charm/intimidate levels. And always remember, this will carry over into ME2 and 3 wink.gif

Oh, Collector's edition... I was so happy it was turned into a major Christmas present for me xd.png It's expensive as hell, but have you seen what comes with it? biggrin.gif

YAY CUTSCENES biggrin.gif This game is going to be so much fun...

I went a little bit crazy with Paragon in ME2; I knew SOMEONE would die if I couldn't make Miranda and Jack make up (Jack is on my squad, but Miranda is needed to command a team) so I screwed over Zaeed, took the Paragon option in both Legion and Garrus' missions and scraped together every conversational scrap I could to get enough for full loyalty. Accursed Suicide Mission.

Bioware should be releasing information on the demo sometime soon. biggrin.gif

Honestly, I don't have the heart to be a complete ass through out the whole game. And like you said earlier, its bad ( If not hard in the end) to go both ways. But I'm saving my money for Saints Row the third or ME3. SR3 does happen to be over my age limit but I liked the first and second. ME 3 seems like the best game of this decade and I'll be playing it until 2014 since by then, a new console or HOPE HOPE HOPEFULLY there'll be a fourth game. Though if theres an MMO, I'd love bio ware and donate my life to them.

Honestly, I don't have the heart to be a complete ass through out the whole game. And like you said earlier, its bad ( If not hard in the end) to go both ways. But I'm saving my money for Saints Row the third or ME3. SR3 does happen to be over my age limit but I liked the first and second. ME 3 seems like the best game of this decade and I'll be playing it until 2014 since by then, a new console or HOPE HOPE HOPEFULLY there'll be a fourth game. Though if theres an MMO, I'd love bio ware and donate my life to them.

There will be a fourth game, but it won't include Commander Shepard.

--

Mass Effect 3 pre-order bonuses revealed.

"Prepare for the Reaper invasion today and secure your pre-order gear! Shrug off enemy fire with the N7 Defender Armor and its amplified shields then drop the opposition with high caliber fire from the N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle. When the enemy has overwhelming numbers bring the M55 Argus Assault Rifle into battle and unleash rapid-fire bursts to even the odds. If the enemy gets too close, stop them dead with the AT12 Raider Shotgun and its superior firepower.

Check out the Mass Effect 3 Pre-Order Bonus Page for links to screenshots and the Mass Effect 3 Gallery for new videos of the items in action and then pre-order now to make sure you are ready when the Reapers invade.

FAQ

Is the M55 Argus Assault Rifle included with the N7 Warfare Gear and Origin pre-order packs?

Yes, the M55 Argus Assault Rifle is a channel wide offer and available to everyone who pre-orders.

I don’t have a GameStop or EB Games in my country, where can I get the N7 Warfare Gear?

A full breakdown of regions and availability of pre-order offers is coming soon. You can also check with your local retailer for more information about available pre-order offers.

If I already pre-order the N7 Collector’s Edition, do I have to pre-order again to receive the pre-order items?

No, if you have already pre-ordered your pre-order will rollover and you will be automatically granted the items.

How do I unlock the items once I have pre-ordered?

Redemption methods may vary depending on platform and region. Please check with your retailer on how to redeem your pre-order content.

When will the pre-order content be available?

The pre-order items will be available on March 6th when Mass Effect 3 releases.

There seems to be some confusion due to the NA retailers listed on the page. To clarify:

GameStop customers

get the N7 Warfare Gear including the N7 Valkyrie assault rifle.

Everyone who pre-orders from any retailer

gets the M55 Argus assault rifle (so Gamestop customers who pre-order get this and the N7 warfare gear).

Origin pre-order customers

get the AT12 Raider shotgun and the M55 Argus assault rifle (as all pre-orders get the Argus)"

--

So some of the pre-order bonus stuff is Gamestop exclusive and some is Origin exclusive. I ordered from Amazon. Meh. One thing is for all pre-order customers.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

I saw the preorder stuff this morning before work. Very excited. biggrin.gif

@9pmg5665: SR3 was a lot of fun. If you can only get one though, I'd go for ME3. SR3 doesn't really live up to SR2. Absolutely everything in SR3 is wacky and over the top, so much so that stuff ceases to be wacky. Things that should be shocking are shrug worthy about 25% of the way through because it desensitizes you.

Question, is there a collector's edition for ME3 besides the N7 one?

Question, is there a collector's edition for ME3 besides the N7 one?

Digital Deluxe Edition.

Other than that, no.

Ah. Too bad, I was hoping there was a super collector's edition I had somehow missed.

Apparently we'll be getting big news (about the demo?) sometime between the 9th and end of this month.

Well, Cynder, maybe you can order from Amazon. Or Ebay. Honestly, I'd chose ME3 anyway. SR3 has its tweaks and wounds but ME3 could. could have problems. Some people might get bored that they had to save the universe over and over again but thats what Halo, CoD, and SR did. But I hope we all get the N7 edition so we can be the shiz out of reapers.

You guys won't believe what I found under my couch today.

An unused, non-expired code for Blood Dragon Armor for Mass Effect 2. I got this little slip with Dragon Age: Origins awhile back, before I knew anything about Mass Effect. Left the slip in the dust, so I completely forgot I had it after I had gotten into Mass Effect.

What a neat surprise for me! xd.png

Hah, that's cool. I've got all the variants of the Blood Dragon Armor across various Bioware games, so the only thing I don't have is the Dead Space Armor.

Lately I've been reading the Mass Effect novels. I've got some Dragon Age ones to read after them.

There are Mass Effect novels? Awesome. ohmy.gif

Finished the first game (well not all side quests), and wow, this game is easily my new favourite. Considering prior to playing it I hated shooters, this is actually a nice change. In the end I saved the council, only because I hate the council themselves and not the races they stand for, so I'm not too sure on how much of a Paragon act that was *shrugs* They better appreciate it. xd.png

The soundtrack at the end is full of so much win. Now I have to go through and obtain some more acheivments because I'm sure I'm close to some. :x

Holy. Well, I'm glad I saved them then, even if it meant gaining a lot of Paragon points. Saved the Rachni queen too. Almost killed iher but the second bit of conversation before killing her made me do a double take (usually you just go straight in for the kill). Hopefully I won't regret that later.

Edited by VampiricOmen

Personally I'm a straight up Paragon. I let the Council die at first because the game doesn't make it super clear how many lives are lost both ways. I think Renegade is usually just the jerk option.

If ME1 had been something like the suicide mission I'd have thought much harder over letting them live. If saving them meant Sovereign may not have been destroyed then Joker would've been waiting for some time for my answer.

Bioware came off of their Winter break today, so expect some news within a few days.

Australia has a new edition of Mass Effect 3 for sale: "Omniblade edition." It comes with an in-game rifle and an inflatable omniblade.

Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition is almost sold out; Bioware is only selling a certain number of copies. Many GameStop stores are refusing further orders, and any more must be placed online.

I believe I read somewhere the Omniblade edition would cost $108? Can't remember honestly. The Collector's Edition was $130, in my local store at least. Though EB Games website states $128. Both prices are for Xbox360. *Shrugs*

Is there supposed to be a difference in difficulty with Casual and Veteran? If so I'm not seeing it. Replaying the game with my previous games' profile, so equipment wise perhaps the difference isn't noticeable until later? Maybe once I run into some geth armature of whatever they're called I'll find out. Pistols are quite a fun weapon to use, won't be too bad getting that acheivement. This playthrough I plan on killing everything except for Wrex and the Council. Should get me the Renegade points I need for the 75% of the games Renegade points. ;_;

I did let the Council die at first, but seeing the cutscene made me regret that choice. And then I died in the fight against Saren because for some reason Wrex had a Pistol equipped and Garrus had a Sniper Rifle. Srsly the most useless weapons for targets that move a lot (compared to the other weapons they could've used).

Saving the universe will never get old to me. The missions aren't repetitive at least. biggrin.gif

There is a difference between Casual and Veteran.

From the Wiki:

"Casual - All enemies, including bosses, are scaled down relative to the player's level. Most enemies have no special protection or immunities.

Normal - Bosses scaled up based on the player's level. Some enemies have special protection.

Veteran - Bosses and sub-bosses scaled up based on player level. Most enemies have special protection.

Hardcore - Most enemies are scaled up based on player's level. All enemies have protection. Bosses have immunities.

Insanity - All enemies are scaled up relative to player level. Bosses and sub-bosses scale radically. All enemies have protection. Bosses and sub-bosses have immunities."