Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

Inflatable omniblade? Interesting...

Hardcore is challenging and fun, Insanity is just...insane. Thinking about playing through as a biotic on Insanity, scoop up the few achievements I'm missing in one play through(in ME2, I'm never going to get all of them for ME1).

Ack! I still haven't finished the Overlord DLC, so much to do before 3/6/12. sleep.gif

March is so close I can almost taste it. *drool*

Insane isn't really -too- bad, though I found it a tad more difficult on ME2 than ME1. Granted I didn't play every side mission and such on Insane, but I did some. I'm always Paragon... I tried to go Renegade, even though the stuff said(and done) is typically funnier to me, I have a VERY difficult time choosing the Renegade options. No idea why...

ATM I am trying to catch up on my ridiculous backlog of games... Curse me and my buying a game b/c it's on sale, or I found it for $10 or less. O.o I've got 8 games down, but still 20 or so to go. With Oblivion, Fall Out 3, and Skyrim in the mix, I'm looking doubtful on clearing this backlog before ME3 releases. I still need to play through ME 2 with my Female Shephard... Romancing Thane. (I'm weird, I totally adore Thane.) So much gaming, so little time. CURSE you 12hr work days, CURSE YOU!

If a MMO does come out based around the ME Universe, it would be the first MMO I would ever pick up and play, especially if it was playable via consoles as well.

Edited by HotIce80

Thanks TheDarkCynder. smile.gif

I've noticed the change in difficulty now; snipers can take me out in two shots if they're lucky enough (well, two snipers with one accurate shot each). Before I started dropping like a fly from well placed shots there wasn't much of a difference in how long it took to kill enemies (however said enemies now do quite a lot more damage). I've had to rethink my strategy a little. Seriously loving VII and IX upgrades. It takes quite a few shots in quick succession for my sniper rifle to overheat now.

Started playing ME2. I'm finding it a little more difficult than the first, mostly because my enemies now have a brain. Regardless, it's fun! Only qualm with the Infiltrator class is the heavy pistol that you start with shoots a little too slow. Omega is interesting though. Getting your character drunk is awesome (with the camera effect). xd.png

Just a form of opinions, and I just made a vanguard in ME1, Do you guys think that the racni should be an ally in ME3?

I'm betting pretty good money if you let the Queen live, you'll have Rachni allies. She straight up says she'll help in 2.

February 14, 2012. <- Public release date for Mass Effect 3 demo across all platforms.

Nice Dark. But what do you think about the Rachni.

I actually know what happens with the Rachni. smile.gif

*drool* I've never considered buying a Kinect...until today. I saw some footage of people using the Kinect to play ME3, it looked AWESOME!

I guess I'll warn, there are VERY minor spoilers in this. Very minor. You'd have to have been under a rock for the last year or something for this to even be a spoiler.

Don't spoil it. Now has anyone played ME1 enough to find all 3 endings?

Wasn't going to.

--

Yeah, I've seen the Kinect demonstration. :3 I already have a Kinect.

--

Apparently we're going to get to have a friendly strife with James Vega. Sounds fun.

I hate double posting, but I can't bite my tongue any longer.

---

As we all know, Mass Effect 3 is getting very close. Starting at the end of February, Bioware promised that Cerberus Network would begin transmitting more news in the two weeks leading up to Mass Effect 3.

Obviously it's not time for that yet, nor do we know if Bioware is going to follow through.

However, there is something going on now that is just as exciting.

The big "news" channel on Earth is called the Alliance News Network. Every Friday, Bioware will be releasing an article from Alliance News Network about the state of the galaxy at the moment. The article from ANN looks exactly like what you would see in an online newspaper article, such as New York Times.

The purpose of these are both for entertainment, and to give the reader information about what's going on as Mass Effect 3 is led up to. Personally, I think it would be best to read it in-character as if your Shepard were reading it. It takes a lot of the bite of the wait away from waiting for ME3.

Alliance News Net: Article 1: http://blog.bioware.com/2012/02/03/alliancenewsnet1/

I just saw details on two new squadmates for ME3.

Garrus, Tali, Thane... I love you, but when I can run around with [redacted]!! HOW CAN I PASS THAT UP!?

Apologies for the double post and lack of a link, but...

THE FEMSHEP ME3 TRAILER IS OUT! I can't link it here because of one instance of a swear, but if you want to find it it should be easy enough.

And my god, it is wonderful to finally hear Hale's voice acting in one of these, she gave an excellent performance.

Apologies for the double post and lack of a link, but...

THE FEMSHEP ME3 TRAILER IS OUT! I can't link it here because of one instance of a swear, but if you want to find it it should be easy enough.

And my god, it is wonderful to finally hear Hale's voice acting in one of these, she gave an excellent performance.

Yes, the trailer is amazing! I loved it! It was the best ME3 trailer yet. That car scene looks awesome.

It's about time...

user posted image

Also, another article from Alliance News Network came out today.

---

I managed to get my grubby little hands on the demo today. A friend of Bioware got some codes for Xbox 360 to give out, and I am friends with him, so I got one. smile.gif The demo was awesome. Pure awesome. I tried Kinect with it, and it was flawless. Combat is so fluid, and... Wow.

I have some screenshots of my custom Shepard from it, but I'm only going to post one unless you guys want more.

user posted image

Edited by TheDarkCynder

I just watched the trailer " New and intelligent enemies.". I think Shepard gets stabbed a few times. But I've watched deadliest warrior and I could tell that that couldn't kill Shepard. Not in the right spot and the medigel would kick in right after so Thats alright.

The multiplayer is soo fun. I'm playing a human female infiltrator right now, but I'm going to change for a bit when I unlock another race. It's great. Teamwork just flows together, and it feels natural to work the missions with your teammates. No one ever goes off and tries to do everything on their own, and everyone is really nice about the game, even when you die. The multiplayer definitely thrives with a full team of four.

I love this game as well, played the first at least around 6 times, probably more, the second more, as i played that one first and then deceided that i wanted the first one as well.

I am looking forward to the third one, i tried the multi player one, but have not much luck with it, as i have no friends to play with. I play on pc btw.

Most of my shepards are female and only male seem to be renegade, though often also had some paragon.

ME3 demo is awesome. If any of you want to send me a friend request of Xbox live, I'm open to matches in there for the multi player.

Mass Effect 3 launch trailer was on last night. smile.gif I don't have a link at the moment, but I saw it on TV when it premiered. I'm sure it can be found now via a quick Google.

Another Alliance News article came out on Friday. I don't have a link, but just google "Bioware Blog Alliance News 4" and it should come up. It's interesting, it's about how Cerberus is expanding.

Space Edition copies (copies that were launched into the atmosphere and tracked down by fans to get their hands on a copy of ME3 ten days early) are in the hands of a few people now, with ten copies stuck in a 150 ft tree in California. Fans who have the copies are under an NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) with EA and Bioware, so it would be illegal for them to note spoilers. I highly doubt that will stop someone, so brace for spoilers within the next few days.

I managed to be in a chat when one of the space edition copy owners were answering questions. He says the lighting on the Normandy is more like Mass Effect 1 because it has a dark military feel, and he also noted that the dialogue choices in the demo are not representative of the full game because they are just like how ME1 and ME2 worked.

Finally, IGN released a video called "Exploring the Galaxy Map" in which IGN demonstrates the new feel and work of the galaxy map in Mass Effect 3. In the beginning of the video, you get a few seconds to see a tiny bit of the interior of Normandy, and the new walking animation for Female Shepard. Minimal spoilers.

http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=PjXDT3JePmg

My sister is playing Mass Effect 2 right now. And I have to say that at first she asked me for help, but then she got used to it xd.png

Alright. Just watched the traveling the galaxy game-play. I wonder what happens when the reapers catch you.