Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

to me, soldier is actually hardest to me mainly because I focus on abilities. Vanguard makes progress but I can't help thinking that I have long range abilities( obviously not). But the sentinal for me was the best class out of two ever in ME2 because of the armor. The engineer was not to good but worth the time. adept was very confusing with all the abilities and the fact that they can barely use anything else other then biotics. but I beat the infiltrater once..BEST CLASS EVER well in my opinion once they added the smgs. but good question. My question is what class is the best. I have two but if I had to chose, it would be the sentinal.

Edited by 9pmg5665

At some point I was tempted to try an infiltrator, but then I remembered that usually the only situations I may die in are either a krogan charging and beating the hell outta me or some meelee cretures/geth trying to outflank my cover when I'm totally concentrated on something else. In those situations it is good to have a shotgun at hand, even better if you have a biotic throw or warp up your sleeve. So after consideration I decided to stick with my Vanguard/Sentinel option. biggrin.gif

I like soldier mostly for story reasons. (That page has some swearing, be warned.) But then again, soldiers can't be considered "normal" with the upgrades they've gotten from the Alliance and especially Cerberus. I love me some adrenaline rush. That's my favorite power in the game.

Also, what's to hate about Soldier's bullet time with a nice Claymore shotgun, hmm? >:3

Edited by TheDarkCynder

I've always had a hard time as playing with anything but Infiltrator, even in the first game. I like Vanguard a lot but I can only go so far before I realize I want my sniper rifle for something and I don't have it. Infiltrator just suits me the best and I've never had a problem with dying when a mele attacker comes up because they don't ever make it to me xd.png It's really awesome if you can get a biotic power as a infiltrator- I usually go with Reave or Warp ammo.

And honestly, I don't do well with soilder either. I need just that right in between between the two classes. Though with the play through I'm about to start, I'm going to try Sentinel or Vanguard.

What romance parings are you guys continuing/starting/hoping to see in ME3?

I really want to see a Joker romance, Bioware. Do it.

What romance parings are you guys continuing/starting/hoping to see in ME3?

I really want to see a Joker romance, Bioware. Do it.

Shep/Thane, I'm really interested in how that'll turn out smile.gif And my very first file, which is going to be... interesting.

Romanced Kaiden in the first game, let him live, and romanced Garrus in the second. 'course, if it comes down between them, I'm sticking with my alien xd.png

If Joker doesn't become an LI i'll redo the series romancing either Garrus or Kaidan (most likely, maybe a separate playthrough for Garrus.), I haven't decided yet..

Please, please, please let us romance Joker, Bioware. My life will be complete.

--

Another question: Who's going to be your main two squaddies, if any?

I'm probably going to do Ashley and James Vega. (Unless another pure soldier comes along, then i'll use them in place of Ashley.) That'll be with my soldier Shep, I kind of want to try out an all soldier squad. I'm only going to do this if Joker becomes an LI, though, if he doesn't, i'm going to bring Kaidan and Garrus most of the time.

(As you can see, if Joker is an option, i'm Virmiring Kaidan on my canon, and if he isn't, i'm Virmiring Ashley.)

If Joker doesn't become an LI i'll redo the series romancing either Garrus or Kaidan (most likely, maybe a separate playthrough for Garrus.), I haven't decided yet..

Please, please, please let us romance Joker, Bioware. My life will be complete.

--

Another question: Who's going to be your main two squaddies, if any?

I'm probably going to do Ashley and James Vega. (Unless another pure soldier comes along, then i'll use them in place of Ashley.) That'll be with my soldier Shep, I kind of want to try out an all soldier squad. I'm only going to do this if Joker becomes an LI, though, if he doesn't, i'm going to bring Kaidan and Garrus most of the time.

(As you can see, if Joker is an option, i'm Virmiring Kaidan on my canon, and if he isn't, i'm Virmiring Ashley.)

Ah... I don't know xd.png I'll probably keep Thane around a fair bit of the time (biotic snipers FTW), as well as Tali and Garrus... and maybe Ashley, just for the hell of it.

I think that Joker is taken by EDI. tongue.gif No hard feelings. (To be honest, I would be curious in how a relationship between these two would turn out... )

I think that Joker is taken by EDI. tongue.gif No hard feelings. (To be honest, I would be curious in how a relationship between these two would turn out... )

AI are AI. They don't have emotion.

We hear this argument all the time on Bioware Social's Joker thread. ( http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/325/index/7625605/1 )

*There's perfectly logical reasons for why Joker would be a good LI for Shepard.

*They've gone to censorkip.gif and back *twice*. Joker is distraught about Shepard's death at the beginning of ME2.

*If Shepard dies at the end of ME2, he refuses to let go saying "he won't loose you again", and he seems sad when Shepard falls.

*After the Collector attack, if you question Joker about his relations with EDI, EDI says their relationship is strictly platonic, and Joker says "Don't worry Commander, i'm not going to go all unnatural on you."

Edited by TheDarkCynder

AI are AI. They don't have emotion.

We hear this argument all the time on Bioware Social's Joker thread. ( http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/325/index/7625605/1 )

*There's perfectly logical reasons for why Joker would be a good LI for Shepard.

*They've gone to censorkip.gif and back *twice*. Joker is distraught about Shepard's death at the beginning of ME2.

*If Shepard dies at the end of ME2, he refuses to let go saying "he won't loose you again", and he seems sad when Shepard falls.

*After the Collector attack, if you question Joker about his relations with EDI, EDI says their relationship is strictly platonic, and Joker says "Don't worry Commander, i'm not going to go all unnatural on you."

All of that can be explained by simple friendship, as well as the fact that when you go to hell and back with someone, you won't want to lose them. Especially if they're as vital as Shepard.

... and methinks the Joker doth protest too much tongue.gif EDI seems plenty emotional to me, as well. She very clearly grows annoyed and concerned during a number of scenes, and expresses loyalty to Shepard before Cerberus.

All of that can be explained by simple friendship, as well as the fact that when you go to hell and back with someone, you won't want to lose them. Especially if they're as vital as Shepard.

... and methinks the Joker doth protest too much tongue.gif EDI seems plenty emotional to me, as well. She very clearly grows annoyed and concerned during a number of scenes, and expresses loyalty to Shepard before Cerberus.

I don't see a relationship between a person and a computer program.

Would you date an advanced version of cleverbot?

I really hate to double post, but Bioware just dropped a pretty important piece of information about Mass Effect 3. I assume more of you have heard of James Vega, the new swuadmate that Bioware announced? Be is basically some really buff alliance soldier who is younger than Shepard and a "newbie" to the Mass Effect universe. Quoting Bioware, his perspective will be similar to that of someone who had just started the series at ME3. We only have a few picutres of him so far.

Now for the news. (Spoilers maybe?)

James Vega isn't some random Alliance soldier. He admires Commander Shepard and killed a group of batarians in Shepard's name after hearing that Batarian leaders are appealing to have Shepard's head for his or her "terrorist attack". He was sitting with a group of batarians playing cards, and attacked them when they made ancomment about the news. Captain Anderson comes to Vega and tells him to act like a soldier and to come to earth. Vega objects, saying there is nothing for him on Earth. Anderson says, "I've got something for you to do. Something you haven't done before. Anderson is walking with Vega, now on earth, and vega says "you might as well throw me in the brig." Anderson responds, "You're not far off, actually... Only you'll be guarding it. And one very special prisoner at that."

There is a pause. Vega walks into a room.

"Commander... Shepard?"

*View of an outline of a person in N7 armor in handcuffs*

Sorry for iPod grammar.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Get this; Seth Green isn't to play Joker in the ME movie because he does not look enough like Joker...

...who is modelled on Seth Green...

..SO, in conclusion:

Seth Green doesn't look enough like Seth Green to play Seth Green. WONDERFUL!

If they dare say the same thing about Yvonne and Miranda, bad things will happen.

Get this; Seth Green isn't to play Joker in the ME movie because he does not look enough like Joker...

...who is modelled on Seth Green...

..SO, in conclusion:

Seth Green doesn't look enough like Seth Green to play Seth Green. WONDERFUL!

If they dare say the same thing about Yvonne and Miranda, bad things will happen.

To be honest, I stopped really caring about the movie after they said Shepard would be the protagonist.

Mass Effect 3 has been confirmed this morning to have multiplayer by PC Powerplay.

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/wp-content/u...CPP197Cover.jpg (Image linked for MASSIVE size.)

Powerplay is a very trusted source for gaming.

"That’s right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy."

--

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2011/10/pcpp...ale-october-19/

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8472298/1

--

Reactions?

(Sorry for double posting, but this is pretty big news and the topic is dead.)

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Why did you stop caring when you saw that Shepard is the main character? Well I just hope they don't mess up Tali or Jack if Jack is in there. Tali is too loved and was already put in the trailer so Well those are my two main characters that I use in game.

Mass Effect 3 has been confirmed this morning to have multiplayer by PC Powerplay.

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/wp-content/u...CPP197Cover.jpg (Image linked for MASSIVE size.)

Powerplay is a very trusted source for gaming.

"That’s right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare’s office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series’ first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy."

--

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2011/10/pcpp...ale-october-19/

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/8472298/1

--

Reactions?

(Sorry for double posting, but this is pretty big news and the topic is dead.)

Meh.

It turned out just as I expected- can tie in to the main mission but doesn't have to be done to have a full experience, was developed by a separate team, blah blah I don't give a damn because I won't be able to do it xd.png

Why did you stop caring when you saw that Shepard is the main character? Well I just hope they don't mess up Tali or Jack if Jack is in there. Tali is too loved and was already put in the trailer so Well those are my two main characters that I use in game.

Why would a Mass Effect fan want to basically watch the game again, except with fancy graphics and the person picking totally different choices. It won't feel personal at all, and lose the touch that thrives in the Mass Effect universe.

I would have much rather seen the First Contact War or something.

I have to admit your right there. I would still like the games in movies though.Fans would go crazy, if bioware or whoever does it, comes up with a new team, different weapons, it'd be like telling a different universe just with the same races. And since it was the first contact war, it would just be Turians and Humans which would ruin the concept of having a mass effect movie. People want to see action but what would you do if all you saw was death and destruction of two races out of 10 - 15 sentient and space working races. I think the movie would be great if they used default shepard.

.... You say that as though 'action' and 'death and destruction' were too mutually exclusive events.

I have no idea who fills out the ridiculous amount of paper-work Spectres must accumulate through their antics, but I bet the one assigned to Shepard hates their life. It must be hell doing the paperwork assigned to dying and then coming back to life.