Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

I personally have only played ME2 and am finding it difficult to get through the giant hive ship, near the end, because of all the husks. Also I'm not the best gamer. I was just wondering if anyone had any good tactic or team tips.

Shotguns and biotics. Jack's shockwave is particularly effective if it hits a cluster of 'em.

I personally have only played ME2 and am finding it difficult to get through the giant hive ship, near the end, because of all the husks. Also I'm not the best gamer. I was just wondering if anyone had any good tactic or team tips.

What class do you play?

I usually run Soldier and I play that part on Hardcore, sometimes Insanity.

--

I love the emotion we're going to see in ME3!

user posted image

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Or if your not into shotguns, try ammo powers, cold, fire, with an SMG or assault rifle.

So I accidentally ran into a spoiler the other day. I'm not going to say what it was, but it was about one of my favorite characters.

Bioware, I am disappoint. sad.gif

I'm hating Bioware currently. They had so much security on ME and ME2, and now they go ahead and release the game entirely.

I'm hating Bioware currently. They had so much security on ME and ME2, and now they go ahead and release the game entirely.

You know they didn't do it on purpose, right...? It was Microsoft's fault. They accidentally programmed the beta demo into the new dashboard preview. People from a Russian Mass Effect fansite hacked the demo and pulled the story files stored inside.

What's Bioware doing in Russia? Never mind. Either way, I agree with you.

Bioware isn't in Russia, the fansite of Bioware is.

---

Mass Effect 3 just won Most Anticipated at Spike's VGA (Video Game Awards), and it had an epic new trailer to go with it. Trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011...s-effect/724831

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Having this thread subscribed is so useful. Want some more info on ME3 that isn't spoiler-tastic due to a microsoft balls-up, wait until DarkCynder posts!

Ever since the story leak, I've been avoiding most ME3 related things to avoid too many spoilers. I've also discovered that I am in fact getting the Collector's edition, the order's been in for six weeks biggrin.gif

So so so excited for it <3

I'm getting a ton of Mass Effect things for Christmas. Looking forward to that!

In other news, there is a new picture from Bioware of Ashley.

--

In addition, Ashley Williams' voice actor recorded herself reading the letter from Horizon in Mass Effect 2:

http://fangeek.com/2011/12/14/surprise-for...imberly-brooks/

In case you missed it, Kaidan Alenko's voice actor did this too:

http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=P9LWR...be_gdata_player

--

Bioware has released a sneak peek of another song from Mass Effect 3!

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eag...ess_release.mp3

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Woo! My request for March 6th-8th off at work was approved. biggrin.gif

No money? That's okay, Mass Effect.

In case you missed it, Kaidan Alenko's voice actor did this too:

http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch?v=P9LWR...be_gdata_player

Wow. It makes me want to do a play through for ME and ME2 where my Shepherd is totally faithful. Not my main Shep...but a Shep.

Edited by Draco Knight

My Shep took Kaidan's reaction as a break up, especially since he didn't really give Shep a chance to explain. I appreciated his apology, but he says he isn't sure what will happen and I can't wait around for him to work it out.

Got the first game for Christmas so I'm playing through it on Xbox 360 (have it on PC but didn't get far). My plans are to go for Female/Earthborn/Ruthless/Infiltrator-Commando/Renegade, going to restart the game though as I made a few Paragon choices by accident and I died on a mission that took me a while to do only to find out my previous save was ages back in the game (it was a mission on some planet forgot the name, that has 'lava' everywhere. The part I got up to was where a massive Geth mech? pops up with a few other enemies) /rage. Favourite weapon so far is the Sniper Rifles despite aiming being a total hindrance.

So far the game is awesome, first Sci Fi game I'm really getting into and first RPG that makes me think about choices. Will be getting the 2nd one when I can, and might preorder the 3rd because pre-order bonuses are win. Multiplayer seems like fun, think I might go for a Turian character if there are multiple races (Turians are awesome).

I don't understand being untrained thing with some of the weapons you start with, if I'm not trained with it, why give me the gun? I don't understand the whole romancing thing either. But I'll probably romance Garrus on it just because Turians have that awesome funky voice (and for some reason I find Kaidan annoying). xd.png

Got the first game for Christmas so I'm playing through it on Xbox 360 (have it on PC but didn't get far). My plans are to go for Female/Earthborn/Ruthless/Infiltrator-Commando/Renegade, going to restart the game though as I made a few Paragon choices by accident and I died on a mission that took me a while to do only to find out my previous save was ages back in the game (it was a mission on some planet forgot the name, that has 'lava' everywhere. The part I got up to was where a massive Geth mech? pops up with a few other enemies) /rage. Favourite weapon so far is the Sniper Rifles despite aiming being a total hindrance.

So far the game is awesome, first Sci Fi game I'm really getting into and first RPG that makes me think about choices. Will be getting the 2nd one when I can, and might preorder the 3rd because pre-order bonuses are win. Multiplayer seems like fun, think I might go for a Turian character if there are multiple races (Turians are awesome).

I don't understand being untrained thing with some of the weapons you start with, if I'm not trained with it, why give me the gun? I don't understand the whole romancing thing either. But I'll probably romance Garrus on it just because Turians have that awesome funky voice (and for some reason I find Kaidan annoying). xd.png

You can't romance Garrus until the second game, and the weapons thing: you can earn training later. In the second game, you don't get weapons you're untrained to use.

Thanks for clearing that up, confused me reading through some of these posts wondering what it had to do with the game, so in that case Renegade all the way for me then. If I can earn those training for those weapons later, that's cool (now I understand why they had the untrained aspects). Seems like the second game has a lot of extra bonuses when compared to the first like with many games, apart from the ammunition. I'll have to get it before the 3rd comes out then. Still not used to shooting, seems like quickscoping has a higher percentage of accuracy vs time spent on aiming (at starting levels/without training). Then again, I rarely play third person shooters (or first person for that matter). xd.png

Thanks for clearing that up, confused me reading through some of these posts wondering what it had to do with the game, so in that case Renegade all the way for me then. If I can earn those training for those weapons later, that's cool (now I understand why they had the untrained aspects). Seems like the second game has a lot of extra bonuses when compared to the first like with many games, apart from the ammunition. I'll have to get it before the 3rd comes out then. Still not used to shooting, seems like quickscoping has a higher percentage of accuracy vs time spent on aiming (at starting levels/without training). Then again, I rarely play third person shooters (or first person for that matter). xd.png

xd.png Well, good luck smile.gif And although I'm primarily Paragon (because it usually coincides with the 'work with aliens' side, not humans first), I will say that it's a good idea to stick to either one side or the other. This game is not kind to you if you try and play neutral/both sides. Not to say you can't dip a little into the other side, that's why Paragades (what my Adrian usually is, mostly Paragon with a tendency to intimidate if censorkip.gif goes down) and Renagons (jerk with a heart of gold) exist xd.png But it's best to pick one side and stick with it as much as possible.

Yeah, I'm pretty much a straight Paragon. I even resisted some of the cooler things you can do in ME2 with trigger commands.

xd.png Well, good luck smile.gif And although I'm primarily Paragon (because it usually coincides with the 'work with aliens' side, not humans first), I will say that it's a good idea to stick to either one side or the other. This game is not kind to you if you try and play neutral/both sides. Not to say you can't dip a little into the other side, that's why Paragades (what my Adrian usually is, mostly Paragon with a tendency to intimidate if censorkip.gif goes down) and Renagons (jerk with a heart of gold) exist xd.png But it's best to pick one side and stick with it as much as possible.

My current character is a Renagon for all its worth, until she gets deleted laugh.gif. Had a few moments where I almost went for the total jerk approach, but chickened out and went for the 'will do anything to help a citizen out' approach *Glares at the preaching Hanar who owes me 150 credits*. Ultimately, I will choose a side and stick with it because being on the fence about it won't give a full game experience so to speak (well, I am assuming that's why it's not a good idea to go neutral). Thanks for the tips once again. biggrin.gif

Odd how most of this thread has Paragons/Paragades. tongue.gif

Eh, in my case, it's only because I love aliens and I want humanity to work with them xd.png

Is it too early to replay one and two in preparation for three? Hmmmm...

I already have. xd.png

What just happened... blink.gif

I am so confused right now. I'm now at Virmire, just after reaching the Salarian camp. Wrex had issues with the plan on destroying the facility, so he was throwing a big hissy fit (well, a perfectly understandable hissy fit). Every option I tried resulted in his death at the hands of someone who is never going to be on my squad ever again (not that she has been on it since I obtained Wrex). Well, every option except the one I avoided that is. I thought it would lead to his death faster, yet, it didn't. I really don't get it. I also hate Ashley now, even if she didn't actually kill anyone (thank you, previous save game). So apparently going all Paragon on Wrex doesn't work, not one bit. It's weird, because I thought going solid Renegade would make him snap. Smh.

Made a new character too. Went for Earthborn/Sole Survivor/Infiltrator. If the rest of the game has parts like this, it will become one of my top five favourite games (it's there already, but for dramatic effect I'll just pretend it isn't).

I love aliens too (well Turians and Krogans, not so much love for Salarians and the other species that evade my mind right now), so I want things to work out with humanity and the aliens as well. Just hoping that by playing the 'bad guy' instead of the 'good guy' I can actually do that. And wow Garrus is so corrupt. xd.png

Garrus isn't corrupt, he just doesn't like it when rules and regulations stop him from doing his job and causes people to get hurt. He's a cowboy cop is all.