Sorrowgrave

Mass Effect

With the updates in the Normandy, I just hope for a more interactive crew, really. And more customization for the Captain's Quarters.

Has anyone been watching Game Informer's daily news on Mass Effect 3? Oooh, the anticipation...

There's rumors that Kaidan/Ashley will become Spectres in the third game. I really hope not. I want to outrank my LI.

If Joker becomes an LI, i'll take him over Kaidan anyway.

And Draco Knight, while that would be ideal, not all things end happily. tongue.gif Besides, even with warning them, they wouldn't have had enough time for all of them to evac.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Now, I'm going to WILDLY theorise about possible future plots for Mass Effect 3 and how we could POSSIBLY defeat the Reapers.

(KD Skipped some stuff)

Hold tight, this is where it gets brain-melting.

Now. This one is the most out there. I haven't confirmed this myself, but it seems like something Bioware would do. Apparently there are codex entires, speaking of something referred to as a 'liveship': a supermassive ship which is entirely organic. It was found as a wreck, and stolen by the Batarians and never ever seen again. In the same system where this was found, an eccentric (possibly crazy) Volus multi-billionare bought a planet, and started a pseudo-religion based upon something he called 'the light' which would save them from 'the coming darkness' and 'the machines.' The mad prophets at the start of each game have given away plot hints, albeit in very obscure ways. You go back to the prophet on Omega, knowing what you now know, and you listen to him really good. Then, do the same with the one on Eden Prime. Mad prophets seem strikingly accurate in the traverse.

EDI mentioned that the appearance of the Reapers is determined by their base species. I noticed that Harbinger and all the other Reapers at the end looked remarkably like Soverign: massive squids. This means that it's probably their creator species. But it takes a population of about 12 billion to create the human Reaper. What species could be so huge it could make so many Reapers? Or, it could mean that the species had a lot of mass and genetic matter. Like, say, a giant ship amount? A giant organic ship? Hmm, where was this mentioned before? And how old would that species be, to have created the timeless machines that obliterate species after species in a giant cycle, having only received three recorded fatalities. One of which had just had it's brain destroyed (Soverign as Saren-Soverign hybrid), one of which was a half-formed baby (the human-Reaper larva), and the other had been brought to heel by a mass effect canon so huge it would've made the Death Star feel self-conscious (the derelict Reaper by the Brown Dwarf). They would be so old, that absolutely no trace of them would've survived, despite their size and obvious power in creating the Reapers. Except, maybe, one derelict husk of a ship, so weak it could be captured by the BATARIANS.

Kjakings, I'd like to comend you on getting Mass Effect 3 plot before they announced it. Because the Bio-ships ARE the major adversary in the next game. Kudos to you!

Edited by kingsdaughter613

Once I get over my Portal 2 addiction, I'm going to start up a new Shepard in preparation for ME3... Adrian is still my 'canon' Shep, but I'd like a couple variants xd.png

I will be starting from ME1 on, and still just the basic games, no DLC.

Thoughts on what I'm working with so far?

Female/Earthborn. I'm not sure on what psychological profile I'll want... I want a much more renegade Shep, but I don't want her to be a complete jerk. Still plan on saving the Council/rachni, might not save the geth in ME2.

I'll probably go with Vanguard/Sentinel, something that lets me use biotics. ... her name's going to be Holly biggrin.gif

Plot for destroying the Reapers is probably just rallying as much of the races of the Universe together to fight the Reapers in an epic space battle. Chance of failing without enough races, of course. Either way, rallying races is confirmed to be a part of the game. Previous relations with the other galactic species in the other two games will affect their motivation toward helping you in 3.

Really hate to double post, but this thread needs to stay alive with Mass Effect 3 coming up...

In case anyone didn't know, we have a release date: March 6th, 2012 for US.

There's an N7 Collectors Edition, basically with a tin featuring male AND female Shepard, an art book, lithograph, N7 iron-on patch, then a robo-dog for Shepard on the Normandy, an N7 hoodie for Shepard to wear on the Normandy, an extra character and mission, along with some other things.

It's $80 (at least on Xbox 360, I don't know other prices.), i'm definitely getting it.

E3 also gave us some epic gameplay and trailers, like

Also some new looks into the story. Yeah, we're rallying races against the Reapers, and we get to see a lot of the different homeworlds. (We get to see a female krogan, too.)

Captain Anderson is a temporary squadmate.

There's a lot of other information too, but I don't want to post spoilers if people don't want to see them.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Really hate to double post, but this thread needs to stay alive with Mass Effect 3 coming up...

In case anyone didn't know, we have a release date: March 6th, 2012 for US.

There's an N7 Collectors Edition, basically with a tin featuring male AND female Shepard, an art book, lithograph, N7 iron-on patch, then a robo-dog for Shepard on the Normandy, an N7 hoodie for Shepard to wear on the Normandy, an extra character and mission, along with some other things.

It's $80, i'm definitely getting it.

E3 also gave us some epic gameplay and trailers, like

Also some new looks into the story. Yeah, we're rallying races against the Reapers, and we get to see a lot of the different homeworlds. (We get to see a female krogan, too.)

Captain Anderson is a temporary squadmate.

There's a lot of other information too, but I don't want to post spoilers if people don't want to see them.

Only $80?

Hm. The game itself'll probably cost $40-$60, and you get a ton of free stuff, maybe I can convince the family...

Bump, and a fun little diversion for fans of Mass Effect and Doctor Who.

Listen to

, especially from about 1:02 on, and then this.

When you hear it...

i played it it was good but it didn't have the value to play again

i played it it was good but it didn't have the value to play again

Really? How come? I honestly find Mass Effect to be one of the most replayable games I own, simply because there are so many little variants that can arise.

^ I agree, Mass Effect has a lot of replay value here.

Also, now that Comic Con has passed, we have a lot more information on ME3.

Just. Can't. Wait.

^ I agree, Mass Effect has a lot of replay value here.

Also, now that Comic Con has passed, we have a lot more information on ME3.

Just. Can't. Wait.

Neither can I biggrin.gif Especially since there's the chance I might get the collector's edition... I want it for the art book alone, everything else (aside from the game) is just gravy xd.png

I've been replaying Mass Effect 1 for the past week or so, rebuilding my usual Shepard (I think I accidentally got rid of the best game I did for her, so I have to fix that. I've also got another file that needs to be built up, I think that'll be my first strictly Paragon run), and playing with how things are going to transition between games. It'll be fun, come ME3, because she's going to go from being a Vanguard in 1 to an Infiltrator in 2. Since all classes get all weapons in 3, I finally get to have her be a biotic sniper. And this time around, it'll make some sense, than if I did it in my original files (straight Infiltrator, both games).

I also need to make a (mostly) pure Renegade file. ... I just can't let the Council or the Rachni Queen die D: Maybe I'll just be lazy and do that one starting from ME2 alone and not feel too guilty.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I'd really love to start my finalized playthrough for import to Mass Effect 3, but I can't yet. There's a lot of speculation that Joker might be a romance option for ME3, so I don't want to start until I find out for sure. If he is, i'm not going to romance anyone for ME1 or ME2 so I can have him for ME2. If he is not, i'll just romance Kaidan in ME1 and no one in ME2...

The problem for me is that if Joker IS an LI, I don't know if I should save Kaidan or Ashley... I like them both as characters, but the pros and cons to each, IMO, are pretty balanced. I'm at a loss, unless Joker isn't a LI.

...But if he isn't, i'll be disappointed.

I'll have to make my mind up eventually.

rolleyes.gif

I finished my best ever run of ME1 today (I think I completed every possible mission you can get, aside from the Renegade specific/DLC ones), Adrian's now in ME2, I'm just meeting TIM for the first time. I'm excited as hell to import her into ME3, with how the weapons will work, she's gone from a Vanguard to an Infiltrator. If things work like I think they well, I'll get to combine my love of scopin' and droppin' with my love of biotics... hell, I'd give up melee attacks for that xd.png

In the meantime... I'll just go with whatever seems the most fun biggrin.gif No real intention of playing as specifically Paragon or Renegade, unlike the last run...

ETA: Also, I just remembered this xd.png Oh, that level of boredom is not missed...

Edited by Dr. Paine

I finished my best ever run of ME1 today (I think I completed every possible mission you can get, aside from the Renegade specific/DLC ones), Adrian's now in ME2, I'm just meeting TIM for the first time. I'm excited as hell to import her into ME3, with how the weapons will work, she's gone from a Vanguard to an Infiltrator. If things work like I think they well, I'll get to combine my love of scopin' and droppin' with my love of biotics... hell, I'd give up melee attacks for that xd.png

In the meantime... I'll just go with whatever seems the most fun biggrin.gif No real intention of playing as specifically Paragon or Renegade, unlike the last run...

ETA: Also, I just remembered this xd.png Oh, that level of boredom is not missed...

One of the main reasons I need to rerun ME1 > ME2 is because I forgot to do that ONE darn mission where you find the artifact orb thing in ME1 on the planet with all of the pyjacks and get the written vision. I have a feeling discovering that is going to be important in ME3, as finding it was flagged to import to ME2, even though in ME2 it didn't matter. I bet it's going to do something in ME3 maybe... More insight on protheans maybe?

You'll never be better than Commander Shepard!

@Cynder: Yeah xd.png I ended up getting that in my latest run, but it never happened in the first. ... my first run will also be interesting, I wonder how Kaiden will react to Shepard developing a relationship with Garrus... ... and she'll stand by her alien xd.png

You'll never be better than Commander Shepard!

@Cynder: Yeah xd.png I ended up getting that in my latest run, but it never happened in the first. ... my first run will also be interesting, I wonder how Kaiden will react to Shepard developing a relationship with Garrus... ... and she'll stand by her alien xd.png

Ah, I've heard that song. Bioware is debating using it in the credits.

I still haven't started my final playthrough...

Also, I made this in Minecraft:

user posted image

Ah, I've heard that song. Bioware is debating using it in the credits.

I still haven't started my final playthrough...

Also, I made this in Minecraft:

user posted image

.... oh god, that would be amazing. Better than 'Don't Fear the Reaper' biggrin.gif

And nice job xd.png

-yawns- I still need to get Tali in my current run... I also need to get back to working on Holly, I need a more Renegade Shep. But I don't wanna play ME1 again...

It's scent is unfamiliar...

Wait, were we talking about Oblivion or Mass Effect. O_O

Mass Effect.

Hanar speech tends to be like that.

There's rumors that Bioware is going to confirm Multiplayer in ME3 at Gamscom. (Gamescom begins tomorrow, watch it live on Bioware Pulse.) What're your opinions on multiplayer? Want/nowant?

There's rumors that Bioware is going to confirm Multiplayer in ME3 at Gamscom. (Gamescom begins tomorrow, watch it live on Bioware Pulse.) What're your opinions on multiplayer? Want/nowant?

Don't do multiplayer, don't do online stuff, so I don't give a damn xd.png

Aaaand I just re-beat ME2, now I'm going to work on catching up on all the missed missions/exploring the galaxy. I love this game <3

Don't do multiplayer, don't do online stuff, so I don't give a damn xd.png

Aaaand I just re-beat ME2, now I'm going to work on catching up on all the missed missions/exploring the galaxy. I love this game <3

A lot of people are complaining because it "took the resources away from making singleplayer even better."