Voxezi

"I Write like"

Apparently... I write like Rudyard Kipling

I feel special. I don't write like Steven King like everyone else does smile.gif

Edited by Seriousness32

Someone should submit an excerpt from a famous book and see if it gives you the author.

Shakespeare? WTF??? What has my writing got to do with Shakespeare?

Tried again, said I write like some Vladimir Navokov. Who the heck is that guy?

Edited by DragonNighthowler

I submitted two pieces of English homework, and apparently I write like... William Shakespeare and Rudyard Kipling. O...k...

Copy-pasted one of my posts from a roleplay and got J. R. R. Tolkein.

My Vignettes-

Margret Mitchell

Dan Brown

Arthur Clarke

Margret Mitchell

My Paper about Morocco- Edgar Allen Poe

Freezing and forgotten (about feeling dejected) Stephen King

The Princess's Dilemma (ending to the already written short story) Leo Tolstoy

I write like Neil Gaiman, apparently. I'ma try again...

I got Stephen King. Dude who wrote the Sandman and the dude who wrote It?

Awesome.

I wrote "Edward was sparkling, his skin a diamond hue.

He was sexy."

And got Stephenie Meyer, lol.

ETA:

I tried on a roleplay post from last month and got J.K Rowling. :3

Edited by Qwackie

Gertrude Stein.. Who the heck is she?

A different RP post got me J. R. R. Tolkien.

Two posts from the same RP. Huh.. Cool. Might dig up some more.

Edited by RedWolfen

A rant I wrote about an old couple budging infront of us at a bus stop has been considered "Cory Doctorow".

Who's that?

O.o

A rant I wrote about an old couple budging infront of us at a bus stop has been considered "Cory Doctorow".

Who's that?

O.o

Apparently a man who rants and gets off topic in his books.

Two Stephen King, three Dan Brown.

This thing can't be accurate if it's giving practically the same of maybe a dozen outcomes, but I thought I'd try it for lulz.

For a short story about one of my RP characters: Annie Rice

The into paragraph for another RP character of mine: James Joyce

The intro for one of my RPs: Dan Brown

Sad thing is, I don't know any of them :/

One David Foster Wallace and a Dan Brown.

:/ I don't really know who they are.

One David Foster Wallace and a Dan Brown.

:/ I don't really know who they are.

I tested it by putting 5 paragraphs' worth of "derp herp" and got David Foster Wallace.

So idk if getting him is good or bad.

I popped this RP post in:

He drove the car slowly down the street until he saw his colleague and pulled over to let the man climb into the passenger seat.

"Anything?" he asked as he began to pull out into the road again.

"Nothing. I couldn't sense a damn thing" replied the darker skinned man pulling on his seat belt. "The S.P.D.D didn't even beep. There isn't a super around here for miles."

The driver sighed and parked the car a short distance down the street, just out of sight of the target's house. This was turning into a wild goose chase after all.

A few days ago his agency received a tip off about a possible super in the area. Having tracked down the caller and offered a decent amount of cash, they had gotten a name in return. Unfortunately, it looked like the information had been false.

For three days now they had been tracking this girl, and so far she hadn't shown to be anything but your average un-powered teen. She went to school, hung out with her friends, dated a mindless football jock and waited tables to make up extra cash. She had good grades, but nothing that suggested hyper intelligence or precognition. Her record in sports ruled out anything to do with strength or speed and a thousand over little checks they had been performing for the last 59 hours ruled out nearly everything else. She was pretty easy on the eye and was well mannered. The kind of girl you wouldn't mind your son bringing home for a Sunday roast. If this girl had super powers, she was hiding them well.

"She's making a call" said the passenger nodding at one of the many devices on the dashboard as he helped himself to a cold cup of coffee.

The driver reached over and flicked a switch, allowing the two of them to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Probably asking one of her girl friends what colour dress to wear on her date tomorrow" he said settling back again.

The call in fact was to the boyfriend, although the topic was indeed their upcoming date. As young couples went, these two seemed to be pretty in to each other, even though a previously overheard conversation betrayed that they hadn't moved past first base.

The driver picked up his note book and went over it again for the one hundredth time since the investigation began. So far there was nothing to suggest the girl was anything interesting to them.

The agency paid good money for tips and information that lead to people, no matter how young or old, with super powers. Cash normally loosened a lot of tongues and fists did the rest. They made up to 300 times what they had paid by handing the discovered supers over to factions such as the Government, private corporations or to people like the Freezes, depending on the super in question.

"We're wasting our time" he said over the sound of the girl giggling to her boyfriend's joke. "If the neither the S.P.D.D or yourself could pick up on anything, then it's because there is nothing to find."

The S.P.D.D, full name Super Power Detection Device, had cost over $50,000 to make. Acting a bit little a metal detector it would cry out if there was any super powered activity in the area. His passenger was a super himself, with the power to sense others of his kind whether they were actively using their power or not. Obviously he had to switch the S.P.D.D off when he was doing his thing, otherwise all it would detect was himself.

His passenger drained his cup and tossed it out the window.

"Let's get back to base and inform the higher ups."

The driver nodded and moved his hand to switch off the device listening in on the girl. Suddenly his passenger grabbed his wrist and held it clear of the machine.

"Wha-"

"Shush! Listen!"

"... but she is my Grandmother, I was kinda hoping you could try. She can't even tell left from right any more."

"It's not that I wouldn't like to help, it's just that my power doesn't work like that. It's people based. Even if I tried with everything I had I couldn't..."

"Did she say 'power'?" asked the passenger.

"She sure did."

And got William Gibson

Not sure if this is good or not...

So, I put in a few paragraphs from an "adult" fanfic I did, and got Annie Rice. Who the hell is that? Did they mean Anne Rice?

Then I put the entire thing in, and got Shakespeare. Wut?

So then I put in my end-of-the-world story and got H.G. Wells.

Then I put in my backstory for one of my OC's, and got Neil Gaiman.

Some poems netted me Jane Austen, Stephen King, Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain, and Shakespeare (again).

Something else got me Cory Doctorow, whoever he is. Got Dan Brown and Rudyard Kipling, too. And Rowling. Huh. Wonder what would happen if I tried analyzing them all at once?

So, I put in a few paragraphs from an "adult" fanfic I did, and got Annie Rice. Who the hell is that? Did they mean Anne Rice?

Ditto, with an 'adult' short story. I'm guessing they must mean Anne Rice.

I write like Stephen King, Margaret Mitchell and James Joyce, apparently.

The problem is I have a lot of different styles. But if I write like those guys, I suppose I should be happy. xd.png

Edit: Although, just for lulz, I put in the infamous 'My Immortal' fanfic, and that was Stephen King, too. So maybe take this with a pinch of salt. wink.gif

Edited by Completely Different

I don't have any writing on this system, so I was lazy and used one of my longer posts. It got Stephen King.