Voxezi

"I Write like"

I Write Like [http://iwl.me/] is a website that "analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them with those of the famous writers."

Apparently, I write like Dan Brown, Margaret Atwood, Vladmir Nabokov, H.P Lovecraft, and Kurt Vonneget.

Edit: Oh, and apparently Stephen King.

So, who do you write like?

Edited by Voxezi

Dan Brown, Margaret Atwood, Vladmir Nabokov

Did you get these three with the same input..?

No.

All separate.

And no, I'm not lying.

Some I wrote a long time ago, one yesterday.

When I put in the first few paragraphs of an older work, it said that I, like Ryuu, write like Dan Brown. Then I tried something newer that was supposed to be one of those 1930s detective stories, and apparently my writing in that was like J.K. Rowling.

Huh.

I write like

Mark Twain

Funny, because I basically wrote what Kanye West said to Taylor Swift at the Video Music Awards.

Robot stories: Gertrude Stein/Arthur C. Clarke.

Portal fanfic: William Gibson

Subject Fourteen: STEPHEN KING!

Misc story: J.K. Rowling! (Whoo, my two serious works get two of my favorite authors!)

Zoey's Story: David Foster Wallace.

It's Not Silver: Douglas Adams (yey :>)

Soul Jars: Mark Twain.

According to the Gawker article linked from its blog, someone put in a chapter by David Foster Wallace and got Nabokov.

i am 4 chapers into a book im writing.

1st chapter: Stephen King

2nd chapter: James Fenimore Cooper

3rd chapter: Kurt Vonnegut

4th chapter: Stephen King

all chapters: Stephen King

so i write like stephen king!

I just wrote a few random paragraphs about a little story I quickly made up. I write like Margaret Atwood.

I looked her up online and got "She is among the most-honoured authors of fiction in recent history..."

I feel special(:

I just wrote a few random paragraphs about a little story I quickly made up. I write like Margaret Atwood.

I looked her up online and got "She is among the most-honoured authors of fiction in recent history..."

I feel special(:

I got her, too! :D

Dang it.

I just ran my fan fics.

The only author whose style I managed to properly mimic is Stephenie Meyer's. This wounds me. D:

haha apparently i write like:

Vladmir Nabokov (got him a few times...)

Ursula K. Le Guin

... THIS DOES NOT WORK. it is a lie.

because i got stephenie meyer too, and coincidentally it was on the thing i wrote about a hungry vampire considering suicide -- but i swear i'm not nearly as shxitty a writer as meyer ):

Edited by Teslyn

Apparently I write like Chuck Palahniuk. Must pick up one of his books when I go to the library and skim it. o3o

I apparently also write like Dan Brown and Stephen King and Harry Harrison. Just from putting in different chapters.

... Lol.

Edited by Zovesta

I put in new, in-progress writing and it said I wrote like Charles Dickens. I put in work from earlier in January and it said I write like Stephen King. Writing from last year gave me Margaret Atwood.

i only had two very short and unfinished stories at hand but from them i got Stephen King and Cory Doctorow smile.gif

I just put in the opening paragraph of my story (which is floating around Original Works somewhere), and got..

Stephen King

Fwee :3

Another chapter:

Charles Dickens

And another:

Cory Doctorow

Edited by Googleplaxin