Voxezi

"I Write like"

I write like Margaret Mitchell and Stephen King, apparently.

The one I was the most happy with was the one I got Stephen King on :3

Someone I know said that they put in longer pieces and it kept giving them a consistent answer. I get potpourri.

Who everyone is:

how can you not know some of these people ;_;

Cory Doctorow - writer, blogger, commenter - runs Boing Boing and supports a lot of civil liberties related issues, writes science fiction (mostly young adult).

James Joyce - modernist - best known for Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake. Complicated, difficult, allusive doorstoppers written in stream of consciousness. I didn't get past page 30.

Kurt Vonnegut - novelist, science fiction and non-genre - best known for Slaughterhouse Five and Breakfast of Champions. He's got a kind of angry voice and his works are often depressing and satirical. One of the sf authors whose popularity has moved him out of the sf ghetto.

Vladimir Nabokov - did write one "pervy book about old men", Lolita. But he also wrote Pale Fire- which is weird, complex, an utter mind[....] and also utterly gorgeous, Ada, and some other novels.

Isaac Asimov - science fiction - not an author I like, but he's a popular older sf writer. Best known for I, Robot, the Foundation series, "Nightfall", and just being one of sf's most famous writers. Also did actual science.

J. D. Salinger - Catcher in the Rye, which reviewers seem to like using as a shortcut for describing teenage angst.

I doubt the algorithm's really sophisticated anyway smile.gif But it's fun.

Edited by kadoatie

i put several poems in and i got

I write like

Stephen King, Anne Rice, Ian Fleming, James Joyce, Leo Tolstoy and Margaret Atwood (i got Margaret Atwood and Stephen King twice)

Put in two chapters of my story (seperately) and got Neil Gaiman.

Put in a poem and got James Joyce. Another poem gave me David Foster Wallace. The last poem got Margaret Mitchell.

I don't know who any of these people are D:

I analyzed my story, one chapter at a time (only three chapters typed up though).

Apparently I write like H. G. Wells . . . Who the heck is that? xd.png

Also Margaret Atwood (still don't know who that is) and Margaret Atwood (got her twice).

For a poem of mine, I write like David Foster Wallace.

^^Who is HG Wells?!! He wrote War Of the Worlds, The Time Machine, Island of Dr. Moreau...

I apparently write like David Foster Wallace.

Edited by Leidarendi

Who is Ursula K. Le Guin? biggrin.gif I got her at my Dragon Journals entry. For another short piece, I got Chuck Palahniuk.

Who is LeGuin!?! She wrote a Wizard of Earthsea and the Gifts trilogy. O.O

I got JK Rowling multiple times, and I think I got Lovecraft once. I know who that is, but I just haven't read the books tongue.gif Is that a good thing?

Oh, I love the Earthsea novels <3

They're very good. It's a good thing, Orla xd.png

Wrote something about pancakes. Got Cory Doctorow.

... *shrugs*

Also threw in something about omnomnoms and fruit salad. Vladimir Nabokov...

Edited by Neutual Demon

Hmmm...

On a serious note. I put in a fic of mine and got J. K. Rowling.

The story I write... well, the first chapter was like J.R.R. Tolkien. I loved to hear that!

And the latest chapter was like... David Foster Wallace? Never heard of.

1 - J.R.R. Tolkien! <3

2 - Cory Doctorow (Who's THAT?! blink.gif)

3 - Dan Brown

4 - Dan Brown

5 - Neil Gaiman (Again, who's that?)

6 - Rudyard Kipling (idem...)

7 - David Foster Wallace (idem again...)

8 - David Foster Wallace

9 - David Foster Wallace

Um... did I get worse after the first chapter?! blink.gifblink.gif

I got J.R.R Tolkien.

Lolwut?

I should probably look for something I wrote that's actually a long completed piece.

*searches*

I apparently write like Isaac Asimov.

happy.gif

IWL has practically called me awesome.

Mine came up as William Gibson and then James Joyce.

I tried five different paragraphs, bits from different stories I have posted on the internet.

Rhanna's Ramblings: An Original character who was once a slave - Came up with I write like Anne Rice

Kaa'shan Legends and Jaklah's Tale bits both came up as I write like Rudyard Kipling. Kaa'shan legends are sort of folk tales/myths of a species of beings I created. Jaklah is a Kaa'shan himself a young boy so the story is full of spelling errors and things on purpose because he is telling it.

I can almost see how both relate to Rudyard Kipling style with his Just so stories, Jungle book etc.

For a piece from a Prologue of The Guardian Pack - comes up I write like J.R.R Tolkien. Now the piece I posted from this story had little fantasy connection to it but it is a fantasy story and one about going on a journey.

For a fanfic Poem: I got David Foster Wallace - I'm not sure who he is.

Do you ever realize that life may not be life? That everything it's supposed to be isn't? Like our world is fake? From Calvin and Hobbes; they act out that if the person in the puddle is real, once you step away from the puddle you'll disappear. And in texts from the Medieval times, healers stated that if a person was being tortured, sometimes their mind would retreat in to a double world where they would be perfectly fine. So how do we all know that we aren't being tortured right now? Someday I'm going to walk away from the puddle and see.

My mind made GlaDOS and Want You Gone for me? Thank you, mind!

What an interesting thread and interesting web site. I entered parts of 4 different fan fics of mine and got William Gibson, JD Salinger, and Stephen King (twice). One of the ones that gave me Stephen King was a comedy. blink.gif

Gertrude stein and Arthur Clarke

and xd.pngD

Edited by DarkEternity

Cool program o.O

I just got some RP posts from around the place.

The Power Inside: Mary Shelley. (wrote Frankenstein)

Howl to Me: Stephen King.

The Franklin Hayne Orphanage: Stephen King.

Great, I get horror writers. Even when I try to write something bootiful... ;_;