TJ09

07/02/10 - State of the Cave

"kthnx" Is shorthand for "Okay Thanks/K Thanks"

And the little animal blob emote is a critter called an "a.lot" (Without the period)

It's a spelling censor for people who mispel "a lot" as one word.

alot.png

There's a link somewhere explaining it better, but it's 5am err 6am, I'm going to bed before I become more crazy, as I'm probably seeing things with the whole "lol vamps aren't vamps on the AP" thing...

blink.gif I'm curious about the meaning of this icon for a period of time...And thanks alot.png for your explanation biggrin.gif

alot.png

Edited by rbb115

alot.pngalot.pngalot.png!

That is my biggest peeve when teaching fifth-graders!

Back to dragons-- looks like things are going well. And it's back in time so I can fail once again at summoning.

Anyway, to spam the thread (TJ's description) with thanks, I shall say again "Thanks for everything, and the progeny tool is the best!"

thanks, and cool! the progeny tool sounds cool, but i dont think any of my dragons have more than ten kids.

Thank you for all your effort to make this game better for us smile.gif

Personally my favourite change is that the whole cave has become much faster for me. (I do not know if it was just me but it was getting a bit slow before the maintenance)

Anyway, thank you again.

By the way, are new dragons going to appear in the cave in the near future? rolleyes.gif

Thank you for all your effort to make this game better for us smile.gif

Personally my favourite change is that the whole cave has become much faster for me. (I do not know if it was just me but it was getting a bit slow before the maintenance)

Anyway, thank you again.

By the way, are new dragons going to appear in the cave in the near future? rolleyes.gif

i'm sure new dragons will, they always do tongue.gif

Thanks for the progeny tool, TJ (and for fixing the lag). smile.gif

I must add my thanks for the progeny tool as well, for now it's much easier to keep track of a family tree right here on the site, for those of us who have a clan theme going on. biggrin.gif

Also kudos on a creative way to whack people on the nose for bad grammar. x3

The progeny tool is really nice! It m akes easier to keep track of the babies, Thank you, TJ!

Gahaha. alot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.pngalot.png

edit: Heh. It said the "too many emoticons" message. I can imagine someone going "what? I didn't even use ONE emoticon!" if they say a.lot too many times. :3

Edited by Ylurple

Yay for progeny tool! Now I can keep better track of Sabby's babies!

So far everything seems to be working fine for me. I've checked the progeny link for some of my dragons and everything seems to be running smoothly. Thank you TJ smile.gif

The progeny tool works great, but I had some problems with the site a few hours after the new release (around 3 AM EST). Even with images and java script turned off and ads blocked, there were a few times where I would click a mystery egg and the site would just stop loading and freeze completely or take two or three clicks just to show that the egg was taken by someone else. I still managed to catch both new releases; however, I hope that this isn't a major problem for those with even less reliable internet.

Running very well now, thanks TJ for all your work. No lag and no bugs to report.

I don't know if this is a recent bug or not, but I've noticed during this release that when I refresh the page, the eggs don't necessarily refresh. For instance, I use the F5 button to refresh with Firefox. If you put your cursor over one of the mystery eggs, it will show you the code of that egg. I can hit the refresh button several times, the page will blink, but the eggs don't change. I put the cursor over an egg, and it will still be the same code, which I know is wrong. During a mass drop, I know the eggs are disappearing at lightning speed. If I go to a different page, then come back, the eggs will be different. They will also update sometimes after refreshing several times, but not always. I have no idea if this is just me, or if it's the system.

How many people were online, maybe in this moment there was noone to catch them and they weren't changing? If not so, this could maybe have something to do with your browser, but I doubt it.

The eggs and hatchlings seem to have all but stopped accumulating clicks. I'm using Daily Dragon Fix for hatching and used to have much more clicks on my eggs. Now the number of clicks is unusually low, while the number of views is the usual one. There might be some problem or whatever is causing this.

Thanks for the new tool. *^-^* Although the site takes sometimes pretty long to load, it's really interesting.

Bisous and enjoy your day! ^.~