votehim

vocal range?

what singign range are you in?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nooo idea. I don't really sing anyways, except for when I'm by myself in the car of course. ;D

even though I play trumpet, I fall in the tenor baritone range

I honestly don't know what my vocal range is. All I know is that I am able to sing most power metal and a fair amount of the songs that Geoff Tate sings (ranging from the near high note in Queen of the Reich to Speak), though prefer the higher ranges.

~M3~

While I play violin more than sing, I know that I'm soprano. ^w^

i'm a mezzo-soprano. i was in my old church's youth choir.

I'm a Coloratura Soprano with 3 ½ octave range. In falsetto I can hit the A above soprano C and I am a trained opera singer.

I was wondering why soprano coloratura wasn't getting any love :3

I'm a trained singer, both in classical/operatic style and in belt-voice/Broadway style. I'm generally a mezzo-soprano, but my range covers the F below middle C up to high C reliably, so I often ended up singing both alto and soprano descant parts in choir whenever a given section needed some boost.

I think I'm a bass, although I can sometimes sing very high. But then I sound like a female singer. And that's odd huh.gif

I picked mezzo-soprano but hrr, I never was officially classed. In choir though, I sang Alto 1.

Edited by sparkdragon

I never got to be in choir when I was in school. D: I'm a low-ish alto, I can sing higher if I have to but I like the lower end of my range, it's more comfortable.

A friend of mine (mezzo-soprano) and one of my exs (tenor-baritone) have been teaching me to sing. It apparently takes both of them because me being an alto, neither of them can cover my full range to teach me xd.png (We don't have a piano to work with so I'm learning my pitch from their voices.)

My voice goes from rather low to high and squeaky at will... For example, I can sing songs by Audioslave and the more (I think) soprano parts of some Hoosiers songs. And they are VERY high-pitched.

I typically sing as a Soprano, but can range my voice to Mezzo-Soprano and Contralto as well.

Yay for Wikipedia. o/ I had no idea what any of the terms were until I looked them up.. xd.png I just knew I sing high-pitched typically but at times sing middle-pitched or low. I don't usually do Contralto on purpose though, it's harder because I'm not naturally a Contralto.

I was in choir for a few years in elementary school and had a great teacher, he taught me what I know and some singing techniques... I typically just sing to feel better (to get out bad feelings I keep in, etc.) or for someone who wants me to sing.

Here is the list:

Soprano- Highest Voice (female).

Mezzo-soprano- Middle Voice(female)

Contralto- Deepest voice (Female).

Tenor- Highest voice(Male)

Baritone- Middle Voice (Male)

Bass / Basso- Lowest Voice (Male)

I am a Soprano. I usually sing songs higher then thier made if they are too low for me. smile.gif Im proud to be a soprano.

Edited by dr.bieber229

I can jump all over the place. I'm a soprano in my senior choir, though. I can hit a D6 comfortably now, and I'm working on going even higher.

My speaking voice is pretty low.

What is it called when you can sing both high and low? xd.png

I think you are just both? LOL.

I guess it depends on which one you feel more comfortable singing in.

In choir we had to sing for our teacher to see if we were a soprano or alto, and she said I could be either, so I was Soprano last year (Didn't like it too much.) and now I'm an alto.~

I think you are just both? LOL.

I guess it depends on which one you feel more comfortable singing in.

In choir we had to sing for our teacher to see if we were a soprano or alto, and she said I could be either, so I was Soprano last year (Didn't like it too much.) and now I'm an alto.~

I just try to blend in with whoever is singing around me.

I have been in the chair at school and my teacher said I was contralto.

But my voice is not trained and I honestly am not a good singer rolleyes.gif

I have absolutly no idea, but i think its just bellow high-pitched.

I'm around tenor, on the high side; I'm waiting for my voice to drop happy.gif

I don't really know I'm in choir and I sing the lowest part we have so we split it into 1,2,3 and sometimes 4 so if its 2 parts I'm 2nd if it's 3 parts I'm 3rd and if it's 4 parts I'm 4th for a girl I have a rather low voice and I can't sing high pitches at all my voice will sort of crack or I can't make any sound if I try to sing higher notes

I actually have a pretty large range, from low alto to medium soprano. I'm stronger using my chest voice though, so that makes me more of an alto. But I am strengthening my head voice so that I can sing stronger high pitched. biggrin.gif