votehim

vocal range?

what singign range are you in?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No idea of my vocal range - I have a horrible singing voice.

I'm an alto, but I can sin tenor NOT in a falsetto, which can be embarrassing cause I sound like a guy. I can sing about an octave and a half, and my insane brother can sing three octaves ( and his voice already changed.)

My music teacher in school told me I'm a mezzo-soprano, or at least she said that most people are mezzos. Though I think I'm a contralto. I tried recording myself and I sound like one. My normally-speaking voice is something between low-pitched and mid-pitched, so there. biggrin.gif

I'm bass/baritone, more bass. Now if I actually did sing and could sing in tune, I'm sure the chorus teacher would love me. The school choir has 1 bass, and 2 baritones. There's about 50 sopranos, and like 30 tenors.

Where are you from???????

Peeps must have really high voices.

Thought: In cold places peeps tend to have higher voices then peeps in warm places, like me.

My vocal coaches always thought I was a mezzo. We just realized I'm not.

I've got a lower speaking voice and am a taller girl, so it made sense for me to be a mezzo, but I'd been having so much trouble with my tone placement that my professor decided to test my tessitura. And I'm a soprano. :3

I usually sing soprano for the choir at my school, but I can sing alto, too.

And I can go up to I think a high, high F, which is the F and octave above the F above the high C and octave above the middle C. ^^;

So my vocal range is pretty big.. I think.

Edited by lachrymation

at my music school choir I was singing alto. wow, it was so long ago xd.png

Well I voted tenor on the poll a while back - but I've recently been told by someone at church that I was hitting notes they knew some Baritones struggle with.... so I guess that put's me solidly in the Baritone range up to around the middle of the tenor range.

Contralto. I haven't sung in a while, but back in high school my range was about D-below-middle-C to F#-on-the-top-of-the-staff. I could sing a little higher and a little lower if I had to, but it was uncomfortable and not very easy.

I'm alto. I assume that "mezzo-sapranio" is another term for alto...

I can also do sapranio stuff, somewhat. But I'm more comfortable singing alto.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'm alto. I assume that "mezzo-sapranio" is another term for alto...

I can also do sapranio stuff, somewhat. But I'm more comfortable singing alto.

Odds are, you're a mezzo.

Mezzo-soprano and alto are not the same, but in a lot of groups, particularly in schools, mezzos are filling out the alto section. It's only about a third difference between the ranges, so for most pieces it works. There aren't too many honest to goodness altos out there though.

Here's some ideas of the general ranges for vocal ranges. It fluxuates a bit depending on who you ask though.

user posted image

user posted image

I'm a Coloratura Soprano with 3 ½ octave range. In falsetto I can hit the A above soprano C and I am a trained opera singer.

I have no idea what I am. How can you tell?

Music teachers can tell you.

As a vague guideline:

when you have a rather low singing voice, you're alto. When you can sing high, you're probably a soprano. And the Mezzo Soprano would be something in between.

My vocal range is from E (tough it's pretty hard for me to sing that deep) to f'' so I guess I'm Alto. Either that or Mezzo Soprano...^^

Edited by bloodred-dragonfly

Was wondering why there was no alto option. O.o

But eh, m'mezzo soprano myself, not that the music teacher ever realized till very late in the year. By then it was too late to switch me. Bit undiscerning, that particular choir teacher.

I'm usually classified as a Bass, but at times I can sing Tenor if needed...

On a good day I can get E2 to around F/G4...