Elirium

Cosplay

Havn't done one, but if I did, I'd probably do Monster Hunter or UNSC Spartan (my multiplayer varient).

Edited by Seregir

dunno where else to post this,

user posted image

Since I've been really into Portal lately... I'm already making a good-sized Wheatley plush anyway, so I should definitely cosplay as Chell somewhere. Except screw the boots; even if I made my real boots up to look like Chell's boots, they are way too hot in summer. Also I won't even try to make a portal gun because how would that even work when I already have to carry Wheatley around and he's like 20 inches in diameter?

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Cosplaying looks so tacky to me, most of the time. I don't like the idea of people wearing costumes, I like them wearing clothes, since that's how I imagine the characters in the first place. =U To this day, I've only seen one really good cosplay. Aand here it is..

Going to a convention in May, gonna be Silver from Pokémon and a gijinka Eevee. c:

Ahhh please post pics if you have any! I also cosplay Silver (and will also be a Glaceon gijinka at the next con... interesting.)

Zovesta I thought the link would be to a cosplay of your breadman (dunno real name)

But besides that, I don't have any problem with cosplaying and infact I would enjoy to do it one day, except for the fact that if someone I knew saw me...I don't think it would end well for me

kljsdf but I already have a Shokupanman cosplay in my signature. To be honest, the Anpanman cosplays always creep me out something terrible. Hence why I have one in my signature, it's creepy-awesome-terrible. So much of a Disney World thing. People in outfits dressing up as a cartoon character is creepy-vibes enough, but a full-body outfit? Horror of horrors.

@ LostLove- cosplay is essentially where you create/buy a costume that matches your favorite character from a show or game and dress up as said character. People dress up mostly as anime, movie, or gaming characters but scifi and mainstream show characters are becoming popular now as well.

I have never done a cosplay before. I had never even HEARD of cosplaying before I went to a convention 4 years ago. However, I am currently in the process of gathering together a costume so I can be a soldier from Stargate at DragonCon. I've got everything except the P-90 airsoft gun. All of my stuff is bought instead of hand-made by me. I simply don't have that sort of talent. lol

Hoping to finish my portal gun in time for the next dragon con. My friend is going as Chell and I'm either goings as Cole McGrath or the tenth Doctor. Have half of each costume already. Last Halloween I dressed up as the Scout from TF2, not sure if that counts.

Edited by padfoot

I've only made two cosplay costumes this far... Though, I don't have any pictures of my first one, so I'll just go ahead and show my two favourite pictures of my latest cosplay as Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts (please note that my sewing machine decided to die when I was half way done with the real shirt and still had the bag left to do. /: that stubborn thing is evil...).

First up, a picture of me along with Sharon (for you who don't know who she is; she's also from Pandora Hearts. And Break is her servant. Though, their relationship is probably more like they're brother and sister - at least from time to time) that I met during my latest convention/event/whatever it's called in English: http://vazchu.deviantart.com/#/d595vco

And this one below doesn't really show too much of the costume, but I still like it (it's probably the only picture of myself that I really like);

user posted image

Hopefully I'll be able to visit a place here in Sweden known as Sundsvall next week in order to visit another convention/event/whatever. And I really look forward to that. (:

I've got a Charizard cosplay. I feel like I've posted pics of it before, but:

http://postimage.org/image/dmq6695yf/

http://postimage.org/image/hukyf07dz/

http://postimage.org/image/swq1dg1gn/

I've never been to any kind of convention though! I just wear it spontaneously and for Halloween and parties and stuff. However, I am going to Youmacon this year. Friends of mine from last year when I went to school in Detroit, they're going and said I could join their group.

I just really like dressing up in costume. I love to fursuit too (proud furry here).

I'm preparing a humanised Great And Magnificent Trixie (from My Little Pony) costume; I found the perfect dress in a charity shop, now I just need a wizard's hat, purple cloak and a wig... xd.png

I'm going to be Hilbert from Pokemon Black/White for Hallowen this year, does that count?

I already have the pants, jacket (not an exact replica but the closest thing I could find), and hat ready, I just need to find shoes like his. And my hair looks almost exactly like his but it's slightly longer and less spiky, so I don't need to worry about a wig.

I'd like to dress up as more characters but I never really have an excuse to unless it's Halloween. :'c Next year I might be Tulio or Miguel...

I'm going to manage this guy some day, somehow.

Unless I manage this guy first(or if you're too lazy to click the link, the guy all over my siggy and avvie xd.png)

DragonCon is my favorite convention because of the variety of costumes. This year, I went as the female version of Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard. It took me most of the year to get everything together. Here is my costume --> user posted image

It may be a little hard to see everything since it's black on black. I may eventually try to do an anime character...once I lose a bit of weight.

@ Nerendier- Your post reminded me of something. Two years ago, when I went to DragonCon, I saw someone dressed as Akamaru. It was totally awesome!

ah yes cosplay

my most expensive hobby

i mostly cosplay homestuck, but i have also cosplayed pokemon before and next year aim to cosplay les mis and shingeki no kyojin

i am very excited

OH i've also cosplayed hetalia and assassin's creed, i cant believe i forgot

i'd share pictures but im,,, shy,,,

i've only cosplayed homestuck (nepeta, rose, and jade) and off (zacharie), but i'm probably going to try cosplaying madoka from madoka magica at connecticon next year.

i don't have any good pictures of my cosplays whoops,,

I love dressing up, love costumes and love making costumes. Oddly, this year will be the first year that I have done any cosplay despite years of making costumes.

This year I did Luthien, Ayla and will/am working on a satyr costume for halloween and a fall event.

I haven't cosplayed, and I've always been too self-conscious to consider it, but lately I've been feeling the overwhelming urge to cosplay as Cecil from Night Vale. As if I could pull that off, ha. laugh.gif Plus I would need someone to be Carlos for me... tongue.gif I've seen a lot of really good Cecil cosplays out there, and I wanna do it sooo bad!

(I do like looking at different cosplays for animes that I like, as well.)

I am kind of into cosplay (I don't dedicate hours to researching it, but it's pretty cool). Love Meg Turney's stuff (just Google her name and it should come up). I am trying to figure out whether or not to cosplay to Boston comic con/anime Boston (an anime con). I mean, it's a lot of work to cosplay, methinks. Don't know if I have that kind of time or dedication. The only thing that'd be easy to cosplay is an OC, but that's not as cool for me...

I cosplayed as the female protagonist from the new Pokemon X and Y games tonight at a local anime convention. Was really surprised by the number of people who recognized it and even wanted pictures. Tomorrow I plan on going back as Chelsea from Harvest Moon, which I've done before. So far all of my cosplays have been pretty simple and easy to pull together.