Elirium

Cosplay

IT MAKES ME LAUGH ><

It's funny when there's a large group of people who are cosplaying in an area/At Anime North (which I went yesterday) it was soo fun pointing out people who were dressed as characters that we knew.

Hmmm, if I were to cosplay next year, who do you think I should cosplay as?

IT MAKES ME LAUGH ><

It's funny when there's a large group of people who are cosplaying in an area/At Anime North (which I went yesterday) it was soo fun pointing out people who were dressed as characters that we knew.

Hmmm, if I were to cosplay next year, who do you think I should cosplay as?

FFFFF-

I wanted to go to Anime North :c my mom didn't let me though, she said that it was too expensive. /mutter mutter

On-topic; I've never cosplayed before ... I want to, though. Although, I wouldn't exactly be sure of who to cosplay. :P

FFFFF-

I wanted to go to Anime North :c my mom didn't let me though, she said that it was too expensive. /mutter mutter

On-topic; I've never cosplayed before ... I want to, though. Although, I wouldn't exactly be sure of who to cosplay. tongue.gif

Oh haha... I saw approx. 55 Mikus, 30 Lukas, 37+ Rins and Lens, a Gundam (I am not joking), A few Ciels and Sebastians, NO CONANS (D8<), a Deku Link (xd.png), and a Jack Sparrow. AND a lot more people who I care not to name.

On the cosplaying note, I don't really like using the characters with all the fancy fantasy like outfits because you have to specifically buy them, but the people who actually change their clothes are harder to distinguish.

EDIT: Also, I find wigs very strange and out-of place, even at an anime convention where about two-third of the people there have on brightly coloured hair. xd.png

Edited by lachrymation

I've been working on a God Tier John cosplay for AWA and Dragon*con.

It's relatively simple, but since I have the sewing skills of a rake, those hoods will present a challenge for me...

Still, I've been dying to cosplay Homestuck forever now.

Hey, cosplayers. I have a question.

I've got a little project I'm interested in starting, just because I think it'd be fun/cool.

But, honestly, I don't know where to start. I know I'd need to make everything from scratch for this one (since I'm waaaay too broke to pay somebody to make it, lol).

So, what I want to cosplay is Liger Zero. I've seen some really cool ZOIDS cosplays, and I think it'd be a fun project to start this summer. xd.png

I've done some looking around, and I think I wanna try using some lightweight foam for the most part, and I've seen some suggestion to use some metal shelving supports to brace some of the areas that need some extra support.

But, where do I even start? Should I draw up plans, or look more into what sort of materials to use? What's the best way to make sure it actually looks the proper size on me--not too big, but not too small?

I don't really need reference pictures, since I've got a Liger Zero model myself, but I can easily find a lot of reference pictures for it in different poses...

I think I would definitely recommend making a duct tape dummy for yourself to fit a piece like that on: http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/DuctDummy.htm Personally, I'd just start with some cheap materials and use trial-and-error to make the pieces fit, but if you're more comfortable with plans and blueprints then go for it.

One thing I will say is that if you're using the fun foam and Elmer's glue method, be sure that you seal the backside of it or else the heat of your body will melt the glue while you're wearing it!

Cosplay is definitely not my thing but my oldest daughter does a lot of it and goes to these things a lot. Just got back from A-cen or whatever it is in Chicago last week. She makes her own stuff. I have no clue what the characters are though. LOL

Now, I'd love to cosplay. I'm an avid RP lover, and generally don't feel embarrassed getting into character. However, being short, needing glasses, refusing to be a Ms. Skankity Skank-skank, and being a bit chubby makes it so I cannot cosplay as any characters I like without looking ridiculous. I have a costume of Fon Master Ion from Tales Of The Abyss from Halloween that I can sort of pull off, but I'm not a boy and the glasses and body type throw it off. I could try cosplaying Nausicaa (from Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind) if her dress was longer.

As such, I'm probably going to resort to cosplaying as a Smeargle gijinka next time there's an occasion that calls for it. Simple, fairly easy to identify, glasses actually help instead of hurt, and height and build don't factor into it. All I need is a beige beret, a light brown vest with a green pawprint on the back (which I can add on myself) and then just wear khaki pants, brown t-shirt, white bandanna around the neck, and make a belt-loop dangly charm thing out of an old paintbrush with the tip colored green.

I went to my local anime convention, NDK, last year and saw some awesome cosplays and a lot of really lame ones. Sadly, I didn't have a costume then. Hoping to fix that for this year.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

Hanna from Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name this year at Connecticon. Chell from Portal Two next year. Year after, who knows? 8D Maybe I'll crossplay again and try for a humanoid Wheatley.

Yup I'm reviving this thread because I can't find anywhere else to be excited where I haven't already been excited.

I'm going to the Anime Banzai con in October as Dave from Homestuck. I've got most of the costume done, I just need a shirt and shoes, and maybe a haircut. Having my hair cut as Dave would be epic on so many levels. My hair's pretty close to it, but it'll probably grow to be too long by the time the con comes, so a haircut would be nice. Or a wig, but a haircut would be simpler. And more awesome.

At that con there's going to be a fighting session where it's pretty much LARP fighting, they roll some dice to decide what happens and everything. You're supposed to come up with a few moves, a move indicating you've been defeated, and a victory dance or move or whatever. I've already decided that if I'm defeated, I'll go and throw myself down the nearest flight of stairs.

I've got my weapon in progress, too. I'm making the sord cardboard and paper mache (yes, yes, I'm cheap, but it's supposed to be unbelievably ****ty, so meh, why not). I've got the first side done so far, and then tomorrow (er, today) I'll start on the other side. Then I'll buy some acrylic paints and paint it :D You can see it so far here: http://zeekaice.deviantart.com/#/d41zw2y

Then I'm going to be performing a song for a celebration for a Bleach anniversary or something. I'm going to be singing an edit of Ironic by Bo Burnham, edited to be more family oriented and a bit more fitting to Dave. If I can't play an instrument for it, I'll either think of a dance or come up with a dance for Fancy Footwork, along with edit the lyrics to fit Dave more, although there's one part of the dance that's already set up XD Ah, memes.

I'm going to be going with my sister, who's going to be Rose, so it'll be like, brother and sister walking around. Rose and Dave are her favorite human characters in Homestuck, so that'll be awesome for her XD I still desperately wish I could go as Godtier John, but I don't have the money to pay for everything I'd need x_x Dave's cheapest. Plus my mom really likes the shoes I need so she'll be paying for them.

If I meet a Bro cosplayer or a Lil Cal cosplayer, things will be so awesome you don't even know. I would want to take so many pictures. All of the pictures. All of them.

I'm going as Masky from Marble Hornets to probably everywhere I know of.

user posted image

The only thing I haven't done with that mask on now is brushed my teeth, and that's because it's impossible.

(Yes, that's me in the picture. With my mask. In my hallway.)

Edited by Drer'Ahv

I want to cosplay very very badlyyyyyy.

Dunno who I'd do in order to stay close to my actual shape and size (the joy of being fat in a world of anime beautiful/noodle people), but if the sky's the limit I want to do a Meloetta (Voice Form).

Barring that, I want to rope a friend in and do something from PSG. I'd prefer the demon sisters, myself.

I've never been to a con though, so even if I couldn't dress up I'd love to go. tongue.gif

I'll be going to Manifest Melbourne this year as Kobato:

user posted image

In this outfit, as it'll be cold:

user posted image

Edited by skinst

I want to cosplay very very badlyyyyyy.

Dunno who I'd do in order to stay close to my actual shape and size (the joy of being fat in a world of anime beautiful/noodle people), but if the sky's the limit I want to do a Meloetta (Voice Form).

Barring that, I want to rope a friend in and do something from PSG. I'd prefer the demon sisters, myself.

I've never been to a con though, so even if I couldn't dress up I'd love to go. tongue.gif

Pfft.

Who says you have to have the perfect body type? Or be the same gender as the character you're portraying? The whole point of cosplay is to have fun with it! I saw This Guy in the cosplay parade at Gen Con back in 1999 or 2000, and had to give him kudos... both for the perfection of the costume, and for having the chutzpah to wear it, lol!

I'm not especially into anime, but I do Ren Faires and the SCA, and I've worn some of my garb at cons while LARPing. Everything from Italian Renaissance to Middle Eastern dance garb, depending on which character I was running that day.

I never went to a csplay event sadly but I have done few for fun on Halloween or just for fun with friends. We made one of Samurai Deeper Kyo my friends were Akari, Tokito, Saizo and Shindara (or first Sasuke Sarutobi), for me I was dressed as Shinrei. We wanted to go to a cospaly event with those charaters this summer but one friend can't have days off at her work. I sadly don't have pictures on my computer.

Our costumes were all handmade, nothing got buy except stuff to make them and wigs.

Well Jafax has come and gone, and I've got a few pics of my cosplays.

First up is Grell from Kuroshitsuji (and the Sebby plush I bought at the con ^^).

And here's Karkat from Homestuck. Yes, that's a bathroom pic. The only other one I have, I still have duct tape on my horns.

Sadly, I don't have any good pics of my Silver cosplay because I lost my camera.

Right now I'm working on Aradia and an OC troll, both from Homestuck.

Pfft.

Who says you have to have the perfect body type? Or be the same gender as the character you're portraying? The whole point of cosplay is to have fun with it! I saw This Guy in the cosplay parade at Gen Con back in 1999 or 2000, and had to give him kudos... both for the perfection of the costume, and for having the chutzpah to wear it, lol!

I'm not especially into anime, but I do Ren Faires and the SCA, and I've worn some of my garb at cons while LARPing. Everything from Italian Renaissance to Middle Eastern dance garb, depending on which character I was running that day.

I want to be legiiiiiiit.

Ren Faires are much love. There's a medium sized one that comes to my college city once a year in Jan-Feb that I've gone to both years I've been here. Bought a corset the first time, plan to get a skirt or another corset this year. x3

Well Jafax has come and gone, and I've got a few pics of my cosplays.

First up is Grell from Kuroshitsuji (and the Sebby plush I bought at the con ^^).

O.O Amazing Grell cosplay, it looks really cools.

I always thought cosplay sounded fun. Maybe that's because I find dressing in different types of clothing fun.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try it yet!

I haven't tried making my own costume, but I do buy pieces from other people. I'm about to buy a Commander Shepard from Mass Effect cosplay costume soon.

O.O Amazing Grell cosplay, it looks really cools.

Thanks! I wish I had a pic with the chainsaw though...

Me and a friend considered cosplaying as Gamzee and Eridan (respectively) from Homestuck.

We kinda let go of the idea. I still want to do a Gamzee or Karkat one if given the chance. Even though I suck at acting like either lD

I love cosplaying in general. Its like roleplaying on a different scale.

My friend and I have made plans to cosplay as Emmet and Ingo from Pokemon: Black and White. I'm going as Ingo because I hardly ever smile, and my race is opposite of the color he wears, black. It's the opposite with my friend, who's going to be Emmet.

Edited by Icepelt

It seems really interesting, but I haven't actually done it myself yet. I've helped friends with their costumes, though.