TJ09

05/26/10 - Insert Witty Title Here (New Eggs)

but all the eggs in the AP were commons and such. Why did everyone use scroll space for them and not new ones? Just curious as it seems unusual.

No, it isn't the same thing. A 12 to 12 rotation would cover an entire day. 12am to 12pm and 12pm to 12am. With 6 to 6 rotations, 12 hours of a day are missing. That would mean that these dragons could not successfully breed between those times. How is that fair to people around the world? Sure, it 'makes sense' to people living in that time zone, but does it make sense that some people can't breed a dragon because they are sleeping through the only time that they can?

Check your math. A 6 to 6 rotation is still 12 hours per window and still covers the entire day.

Are only MM and current releases dropping? That's what I'm seeing so far...

but all the eggs in the AP were commons and such. Why did everyone use scroll space for them and not new ones? Just curious as it seems unusual.

Well, I think the reason is that there are also people who are just starting scrolls who might not be able to get any from the main cave (like me, tho I've been here for a while) and want to get some eggs, so they go to the AP to get the eggs. Others might be getting them to try to turn them into vamps or to quickly EQ them.

....That's my idea, at least.

Woot! just caught two more Sunsongs and a GLORY! Woot! Wwasn't expecting that, especially since it lagged when I clicked it. xd.png

Still need, Lush, Ice, Thunder, BBW, Nebula, and Hellfire

Edited by GoldenPhoenix

Looks like it. I'm not too surprised, TJ's post mentions MM.

Looks like it. I'm not too surprised, TJ's post mentions MM.

That's great, a lot of people were having trouble catching them smile.gif I'm glad TJ listens to players' concerns.

I know it has been said, but I'm going to add that Trio's are dropping too, since the "summoned" is also a MM dragon.

Am I the only one here who is reminded of stags for the lush hatchies?

I am. Especially the female, how she's leaping/galloping so gracefully. :3

Am I the only one here who is reminded of stags for the lush hatchies?

83 they are very much based on deer/elk. Good eyes! Of course it's not really anatomically like anything, but that was the inspiration for them. However, they're a LOOOOOOOOOOOT larger than any deer I've seen :| I'm talking sit-on-your-car-and-smoosh-it levels.

Edit: Also, you're right in saying that they're based mostly on stags (or bucks) since most does/hinds don't have horns (to my very limited deer-knowledge, it's possible, just not as common)

Edited by Dis

Now I has a "Dorkface" orange egg, since my magi and water wanted to breed.

83 they are very much based on deer/elk. Good eyes! Of course it's not really anatomically like anything, but that was the inspiration for them. However, they're a LOOOOOOOOOOOT larger than any deer I've seen :| I'm talking sit-on-your-car-and-smoosh-it levels.

Edit: Also, you're right in saying that they're based mostly on stags (or bucks) since most does/hinds don't have horns (to my very limited deer-knowledge, it's possible, just not as common)

xd.png Adorable! I can just imagine it smooshing a car with a O.o look.

Hatchies are leetle probably couldn't crush a car, though they could dent it if you hit one (I'd say they vary in size depending on their age, from small dog/newborn fawn as young hatchlings to adult deer as older hatchligns and then they just continue to get bigger and bigger from their) :3 they're slow growers, but when they're adults and have had a few years to grow they get awfully big.

Edited by Dis

I was just wondering, any word yet on whether these guys are going to be common or not?

They're all amazing, by the way. Thanks so much for making them!

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/...y_m/moose1.jpeg I was thinking around that size. I don't believe its photoshopped as sizes like this have been in the guiness world records. for reference thats a road for full sized cars.

The adults are actually quite a big larger than a moose x3 but teenage and older hatchies could certainly reach that size! These guys can get pretty massive if conditions allow it. Due to adaptations you'll find out about when they're adult they can sustain themselves fairly well at any size.

Edit: IcewindHatchery <3 tankz -licks-!

Edited by Dis

Earthgirl, Dis, Marri, you all rock.

My socksss. biggrin.gif

I must agree. These sprites are made of teh awesomesauce. biggrin.gif

I must agree. These sprites are made of teh awesomesauce. biggrin.gif

+ OVER 9000 internets

i must agree

Has anyone found out if the glories will be able to breed with ochres?

As I already told dis the hatchers turn me on ;D

@blackdragon71, no way to tell untill they grow up. basicly EVERYTHING is a rumor untill then 030

After all these intriguing disclosures from Dis I'm really excited to see the Lush adults <3

No, it isn't the same thing. A 12 to 12 rotation would cover an entire day. 12am to 12pm and 12pm to 12am. With 6 to 6 rotations, 12 hours of a day are missing. That would mean that these dragons could not successfully breed between those times. How is that fair to people around the world? Sure, it 'makes sense' to people living in that time zone, but does it make sense that some people can't breed a dragon because they are sleeping through the only time that they can?

How do you figure 12 hours are missing? Where did they go? 6 am to 6pm is 12 hours and 6pm to 6am covers the other 12. Please tell me how are you missing 12 hours? You have the exact same amount of time except that starting at 6 am cave time would actually make it around dawn where as midnight is in the middle of the night. Think about it in the same terms of when the nocturnes change from day to night. They follow a 12 hour pattern with night falling around 5 to 6 in the evening. This would be the same because it's following the pattern of the cave.

Unless people are sleeping for 12 hours then they will still be able to breed their dragons within the given period of time.

Edited by Sir Barton