MaidMarian

Valley Sherwood: A Dragon Cave Fansite

Same here

I can add to the ER if I enter my scroll name and only check the ER egg/hatchling.. but the ER add page won't accept anything.

Same for me. I can only get my eggs in the ER by adding the scroll and selecting only the ER egg/hatchie. The ER only entry, gives me a message of "not growing".

Same for me. I can only get my eggs in the ER by adding the scroll and selecting only the ER egg/hatchie. The ER only entry, gives me a message of "not growing".

You said that already, on this page too. tongue.gif

I'm experiencing the same issue. A few months ago it wasn't an issue, but since then it hasn't taken my ERs.

You said that already, on this page too.  tongue.gif

I'm experiencing the same issue.  A few months ago it wasn't an issue, but since then it hasn't taken my ERs.

Yes. I did on Aug. 3 and on Aug. 26th, the problem still existed and still does. So, I wonder if it is a permanent problem? It wasn't an issue for me a few months ago either. smile.gif

edit: Maybe I should just be happy it works and isn't down and we haven't lost a great fansite. smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Yes. I did on Aug. 3 and on Aug. 26th, the problem still existed and still does. So, I wonder if it is a permanent problem? It wasn't an issue for me a few months ago either. smile.gif

I've had this problem ever since the site was announced.. it's not been an off again on again problem.. it's ALWAYS been a problem from day 1.

I've had this problem ever since the site was announced.. it's not been an off again on again problem.. it's ALWAYS been a problem from day 1.

I didn't have the problem until a bit over a month and a half ago. When the site first came out, I could enter ER's with just the code without getting that message.

Edited by rubyshoes

As of now it won't add my scroll at all..... the front page loads but when I put my scroll in and click add. it sits for a while and then says it can't get in.....

Pity as it is one of my absolute favourites.

As of now it won't add my scroll at all..... the front page loads but when I put my scroll in and click add. it sits for a while and then says it can't get in.....

I just tried mine and it entered fine.

edit: So hopefully it will continue to work now. smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

If your scroll name is flurp I have just added it with no problem -- since you were accepting aid and obviously wanted to add your scroll. You seem to only have one hatchling to add.

If you are having a problem I would suggest clearing your temporary internet files, cookies, passwords, etc. to see if that helps. If not try restarting your browser, rebooting your computer, and/or restarting your router.

I did all those things last night. But - yes, that is my scroll name and it is all OK today. (and yes, there was only one hatchie by then; there were 5 when I started trying ! - and now there are none - I've been away and didn't want my scroll sitter to have to trouble herself just now !)

Personal glitch, I guess. It happens. Thanks.

I have a small suggestion/request. Well, first of all, let me say I really like your site and I hope it sticks around for a long time! It's certainly going into my Hatchery favorites folder! wink.gif

I like the Scroll-Lock Status Button a lot... but I'd like it even more if it listed my scroll stats, too! (Or if there were a Scroll Stats Banner option separately) I don't know if it's possible for you to make it that way, but if it is and it isn't too much hassle, I'd really appreciate it and I'm sure others would as well. Just some food for thought.

Thanks for making such a great site for us to post our babies on for views! happy.gif

Something you should know, whoever's in charge:

For the last day or so both my housemate and I have been getting the following strange message, every time we've tried to add an egg to the ER:

"Message: <egg> is not growing."

Now there's nothing wrong with the eggs. They're normal low-time eggs, and every other ER around is accepting them. So the code's doing something wonky when it comes to them, and I thought you should know about it, because some players might be relying exclusively on your site.

This. Still. sad.gif LOVE the site !

Hello! I have a little concern to share and hopefully see fixed? :x

Recently, the viewcounts on my eggs/hatchlings keep jumping, and enough for me to feel suspicious since I don't like receiving aid. I went around to a few clicking sites to see if something was up, and I ended up here. It appears that my scroll is being added onto ValleySherwood without my knowledge.

Now, normally, I'd be sure that it was just some dirty little bugger who was messing around with me, so I thought I'd just deselect my scroll and move on. I did this, but when I checked back, the dragons were checked and in the hatchery again. I tried about a dozen times, but a second after every time I'd do it, I'd refresh my scroll page on there and the dragons would still be checked in the box, added once more. I performed the same task over the course of two days and at odd hours, but the same phenomenon occurred again and again.

I'm a little hardpressed to believe that someone would seriously go to all that trouble to mirror my online habits and check it every second after I deselect the dragons, or even write a script for something so absurd, so is this a site bug or something? Can I do anything about it, or will I have to keep fogging my dragons? 'Cause it's darn annoying. )=

....fff that was a load of tl;dr wasn't it. |D

Thanks in advance!

Edited by gamblers

This site works in the reverse of many of the other sites -- as soon as you submit your scroll name, it automatically adds everything to the site. If you want to remove them, you have to submit/add everything, and then remove them all again, rather than selecting which ones you want to be added.

There is a minute difference between just-added and previously-added, however, when you know to look for it: If the dragons were just added (as in, by you submitting your scroll name to check if they're there), the comment column will say "...is now in the..." If the dragons were added previously (by you or someone else), when you submit your name the comment column will instead read "...is in the..." and leave out the "now".

I'm guessing that's what you were seeing happening?

...ah. Now it makes total sense. I didn't think anyone would be crazy enough to keep adding me in, either. /fail egomaniac moment lol

Thanks for the help!

eta: on the other hand....my hit counts are still jumping. oh what the heck. guess i'll just keep looking over at fansites or something. :\

Edited by gamblers

Nice site. Easy to use and give views to others.

Hmm, it seems like my eggs are becoming classified as hatchlings when they're not even close to four days.

(Linked because it stretches)

http://i53.tinypic.com/osbq68.png

Edited by MisaTange

Eggs and hatchlings are all mixed into a single group at VS, which is generically called the "hatchery", unlike at some other sites which split them and/or use different terms. I'm guessing that's where your confusion stems from?

Hmm, it seems like my eggs are becoming classified as hatchlings when they're not even close to four days.

(Linked because it stretches)

http://i53.tinypic.com/osbq68.png

Everything there is in a "hatchery" unless it's an ER. That's just what VS calls it. ninja.gif 'd

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thanks for fixing the ER page so that we can enter ERs by code again. smile.gif

Hey all smile.gif Just a heads up to let you all know that I've updated the site tonight, so that it can accept 5-digit codes! I've only tested it on my own scroll so far, but it seems to be working just fine now. If you have any issues with it let me know, and I'll fix them!

Thanks for fixing the ER page so that we can enter ERs by code again. smile.gif
You're welcome Rubyshoes, thanks for sticking around! =D

Sorry I've been off for so long! D: But college will do that to you. Unfortunately college > dragons in the Great Scheme Of Things, lol.

Oh well... three cheers for new DC features! biggrin.gif

Hey guys - VS will be down for a bit while I'm moving servers.

Should be back soon though, or at max within 24hrs. I'll keep you updated =)

Edited by MaidMarian