maustin89

Computer and tech talk and questions

http://www.blender.org/ do you think this is safe to use or Do you think it's a virus?

Blender is amazing! Way better than using math to make 3d stuff.

An example of mah works:user posted image

USS Kelvin FTW!

EDIT: smaller pic.

Edited by magoo1125

Omg! How do I use it? To many buttons that do nothing!How do I get more shapes on there because it atuomadiclly gives me 1 cube?

p.s. cool!

Edited by maustin89

To delete the first cube, press the "X" key and it will delete it. "X" will delete anything you selected. To select something, right click on it. To unselect the selected object, press "A". "A" will also select everything in the project. To create something, press the spacebar. You'll see a little menu, showing everything you can create. The arrows that are all these different colors are the positioning arrows. Click and drag them to move the object. Press "S" to size up and size down the object.

There is my newb friendly guide to the basics in Blender.

EDIT: Forgot a "c" in basics.

Edited by magoo1125

Here, let me google that for you.

lol.

Yeah.I went likem 7 mins into the guide then I relised it was 32 mins long. xd.png Also why did they chose a guy with a weird acsent for the guide.I could harly understand him.None of the shapes look like the one above.

Am I the only one that thinks using graphical design programs isn't actualy programing?

Am I the only one that thinks using graphical design programs isn't actualy programing?

Nope cause useing graphical design programs aren't programming if you were makeing the graphical design program then it would be. But useing it thats just graphic design.

i Never said it was progamming.Still does anyone have anything for programming like microsoft.I don't really have any Idea want I want But proably I'm going to make a game maybe in 3D biggrin.gif or an App.

how easy is it?also have you used it.one last thing my mom will get mad if I download it.she got mad about me downloading blender

not at all, Tikindi.

Thanks for posting that. I lost the link a while ago, and never managed to find it again. Course I would have found it if I actually tried looking tongue.gif

I wish the PSP system was open source, or at least CFW sites didn't give you viruses and carp.

how easy is it?also have you used it.one last thing my mom will get mad if I download it.she got mad about me downloading blender

I've used it, very easy (once you get the hang of it). Maybe you could ask your mom what she thinks about downloading?

she said I could download it on the mac ,the one we don't use as much,.She is very careful with viruses and hackers.I think I convinced her by saying cartoon network built a game with it.Do I use the arrow keys on it because One of the arrow keys don't work on the mac's keyboard.It says it will take an hour and twenty minutes.

Hm, Macs are not invincible like most people think. No one bothers with them though, because it doesn't gain anything and the majority is still with Windows.

exactly why my mom said yes for the mac. our cuz let us have it for free.she likes the windows better though. also do I have to buy unity after the thirty day trail is done?

Edit: What the heck every time I click unity and Nothing works on it!

Edited by maustin89

Hm, Macs are not invincible like most people think. No one bothers with them though, because it doesn't gain anything and the majority is still with Windows.

Rant tiem.

Macs are not any more secure than Windows, it's a matter of the market share. Macs have such a low market share that almost anyone who creates a virus won't waste their time on Macs. Same with Linux - that's where the idea of Linux being immune to virii comes in. Linux IS however, much more heavily protected against virii than either Macs or Windows. Linux has 3 things that you can do with a file - read, write, and execute. With those 3 things, there are 3 levels of permissions - root, user, and everyone else. To do any real damage to a Linux computer, other than loss of personal data, you need root privileges. Besides, if on a Linux computer, you get a virus due to a security hole, it'll get patched very quickly due to Linux in any form being maintained by the community.

tl;dr, Macs and Linux have a low market share, Windows is the one with a bullseye painted on its metaphorical forehead.

Perhaps a slightly more comprehensive summary.

Windows is both less secure AND has a bullseye with market share

Macs are less secure but do NOT have the market share bullseye

Linux is more secure and also does NOT have as much market share

Perhaps a slightly more comprehensive summary.

Windows is both less secure AND has a bullseye with market share

Macs are less secure but do NOT have the market share bullseye

Linux is more secure and also does NOT have as much market share

Thank you, Kai.

I am kind of a programmer (C++ at the moment) but I leave the tech stuff to others. Of course I can handle a computer quite well but for the real problems I have hubby and my brother biggrin.gif I'm not interested in computers at all but totally in solving algorithmic problems biggrin.gif My husband is always complaining because I'm at no use as sysadmin. With no use I mean zero, null, nada.

Sorry I havn't been on lately.I went camping! biggrin.gif so nobody has anything on mirosoft.also do you think the local collage will let me visit for the day

Do you mind if I asked you guys who are better informed a question?

My router is currently using an WPA encryption. Therefore it will not allow my Wii or DS lite to connect with m Internet. I want to switch over to WEP encryption instead but I'm afraid that I will mess everything else up. I currently have three computers, one portable laptop and four other small hand-held devices hooked up to my connection successfully and I worried that if I switch, I will not be able to get them connected again. Right now, everything works smoothly.

So to sum it all up, will switching to a WEP encryption instead of a WPA encryption mess up all my current systems currently connected?

Do you mind if I asked you guys who are better informed a question?

My router is currently using an WPA encryption. Therefore it will not allow my Wii or DS lite to connect with m Internet. I want to switch over to WEP encryption instead but I'm afraid that I will mess everything else up. I currently have three computers, one portable laptop and four other small hand-held devices hooked up to my connection successfully and I worried that if I switch, I will not be able to get them connected again. Right now, everything works smoothly.

So to sum it all up, will switching to a WEP encryption instead of a WPA encryption mess up all my current systems currently connected?

I don't think it will, I think you will just need to re-connect your computer.

I think.