deblogan

Pictish Lizards

So...having given this some thought, I'm going to update the first page to read like this (unless someone in the lineage has a better idea biggrin.gif):

I love all of these tiny dragons and am anxious to play with lovely lineages for them.

Even Generation projects that don't specify names are also faves of mine, so that's what I'm planning here. You're welcome to name your dragons anything you like. The Pictish Lizards name is just my nod to the legendary small folk of the Scottish Highlands and the lizard-like size of these dragons.

This will be a place for breeders to come and exchange eggs to fill their own lineages. Even generation lineages only, please. If you need a definition of even generation, please check the Even / Perfect Thread...that's where I learned all about the subject.

All righty then...Who wants to play with tiny dragons?

RULES:

1. Allowable Breeds:

* Original Lineage: Pumpkin Dragons & Pygmy Dragons. (For Pygmies, each foundation pair must be CB Pygmy x CB Pumpkin. For Pumpkins, PB are allowed.)

* Beginning May, 2011: Any and all Pygmy species (including pumpkins), in any patterns you choose to design!

2. No Inbreeding, please.

3. Be polite when requesting eggs.

4. When you receive an egg, do not abandon it, kill it, or freeze it. Please don't request an egg you don't really want.

5. Once you have your lineages going, please offer eggs here first. This thread will act as a clearinghouse for pygmy even gen lineages biggrin.gif

What do you think? Does this work for everyone? I'll wait to update the first page until Noon Cave Time tomorrow (Sunday, May 29th) so ya'll have a chance to comment biggrin.gif

Also...I'm only going to post *original* Pictish Lizards to the 3rd post. Otherwise, I'll spend too much time keeping track of other people's dragons *lol*

Oh! And if any kind soul would like to update our banners, I'll be happy to add them to the 1st post!

I like it :3

Will keep on going with my pumpkin x pygmy checker, but will try to make something nice with new pygmies too xd.png

Maybe we will need new banners too?

Thanks, everyone!

hellhunt, I'd be delighted to add new banners if anyone knows how to make them. Graphic art is not my thing biggrin.gif

Alrighty! The first post has been updated and we are ready to roll!

Can't wait to see what everyone does with all these little cuties biggrin.gif

Yes. I know I'm double and triple posting...but...but...

Here's the 1st lineage I'm going to work on. My own version of a Pygmy Rainbow!

user posted image

Let's just hope my dragons cooperate biggrin.gif

Beautiful lineage! I would love to have one of those bebies. >:3

And I think Dark Myst Pygmies are now tied with Spitfires as my favorite dragons here on drag cave.

Edited by Fleetfiend

Bravo, daughter I has a proud  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

*lol* Thanks for the help, SnowSherry!

@Fleetfiend - it'll be a while. My only 2nd gen PB pumpkin is male, and this lineage calls for a female *headdesk* So it'll be Halloween before I can try for that eggie.

Edited by deblogan

Yes. I know I'm double and triple posting...but...but...

Here's the 1st lineage I'm going to work on. My own version of a Pygmy Rainbow!

user posted image

Let's just hope my dragons cooperate biggrin.gif

Deb, I have a male and female PB Pumpkin if you need any help. I really like the rainbow lineage.

@Deblogan -- Haha yeah I kinda figured... that's a pretty ambitious line. But I just wanted to get my name down on it, because I figured I wasn't the only one that wanted some of that! xd.png

Welcome aboard, Angle! (And thanks to hellhunt for pointing out the lineage rules biggrin.gif )

Thanks for the offer, Husker, but I think I'll be okay...just have to wait for my pumpkins to be able to breed *lol*

Fleetfiend, if and when I ever get there, you'll be 1st on my list *winks*

Edited by deblogan

Would anyone care to breed me 2gen's form pumpkins?

I will unlock in evening smile.gif So contact me before breeding.

Any combo will do - especially appreciate unrelated to my stock...

Would anyone care to breed me 2gen's form pumpkins?

I will unlock in evening smile.gif So contact me before breeding.

Any combo will do - especially appreciate unrelated to my stock...

What are you looking for, hellhunt?

I can do pumpkin x almost any of the pygmies. Of course, I think you already have 2nd gens out of both my CB Pumpkins (female = Peapag MacSuibhne 5E; male = Crothadh MacDubh 5E).

Let me know if you want me to try something for you biggrin.gif

Deb, I don't have any of your dragons in my lines smile.gif

I will have to think about pairings though smile.gif

Question??? Do the new pygmies become Pictish when they are mated to any dragons that are already designated Pictish or do they hafta be mated to a Pumpkin first to bring the new kind into the line or are they already Pictish just because they are pygmies like the CB Pygmies and Pumpkins were to begin the line??? Just unclear as to how I'm going to be able to work my CB and 2G new Pygmies into the lineage if it is at all possible. smile.gif

I'm keeping the original PL as Pumpkin x Pygmy (plain old, ordinary pygmy) only.

That said, ALL other pygmy species are welcome here. Design your favorite lineages and come in here to crow about your successes and find solace for your failures. Also, come in here to ask for special breedings and to offer up pygmy eggs that are the wrong species for your plan.

This is an all-tiny-dragon-inclusive thread biggrin.gif, but I'll only be keeping track of the original pumpkin x pygmy (plain old, ordinary pygmy) crosses.

Did that make sense?

Thank you... Pumpkin X Pygmy (original) = Pictish (and P X P decendants)... all others are welcome on the thread, but they will not be Pictish smile.gif Got it!!

biggrin.gif

I added a couple of words to the first post so that it says "original pygmy" when it's talking about our original lineage. After all, ALL of the new breeds are pygmies *lol*

Hopefully it's clearer now.

And since we don't actually use Pictish Lizards as a naming requirement, I think any pretty patterns that anyone chooses to create can be considered PL!

I know! I'll add a category to our List of Dragons post for completed lineages. For example, when I finish my rainbow (someday in the far, far, future biggrin.gif) I'll submit the final dragon to be added to the list so everyone can see the pretty pattern I've made!

I like that!

*scurries off to update the first page*