LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

T'lom/ Feyth

T'lom watched Ezran go without making any movement. He barely noticed that she had left the gloves on his bed until Feyth nudged him towards his room with his tail. The dragon rider walked slowly towards his bed, staring at the gloves and thinking about how much everything was going to change soon. He was coming back to his senses, the original shock leaving him as he reached for the gloves and held them in his hands. He began to think about what Ezran had said and what it had meant. He had been thinking for awhile about her and about what she meant to him. Maybe it was time. He reached into one of his drawers and pulled out a small ring he had hidden near the very back. He quickly placed it in his pocket just in case Feyth was looking and left his weyr in search of Ezran. It wasn't long until he found her with Jubilath, tears coming from her eyes. It pained him to see her like this, but hopefully he would fix that. He stepped into Ezran's weyr without even a knock and kneeled before her. Silently he dried her eyes with on of his fingers and patted Jubilath's head with his free hand. After that, he knelt on one knee and pulled the ring out of his pocket and held it before Ezran. "I know I haven't been my best lately and I'm sorry about that, but I don't want you to go through this alone. I know it must be tough, but I think we can handle this together. Ezran," T'lom took a deep breath. "will you marry me?" T'lom held his breath as he waited for Ezran's reply. He had surprised himself with how his words had just flowed out of him, but he didn't let it show.

Talea/ Collieth

I'm going to be taller than you?! Collieth shrieked. She looked at Xitith's body and wondered how she could ever been any bigger than him. Can I just stay my own size? I kinda like being small. I can talk big to the other dragons and be more funny that way.

Talea smiled at G'lor. "I was just taking some notes on Collieth. She and her sisters are quite the comical little group. Rebekah can't read or write, so me and Gora were going to teach her. Do you want to help since you're so good at it anyway?" Talea asked. She smiled at Rebekah, hoping the girl would not object to her proposition.

((so that ya'll know, school started today so I am not going to be able to post as often...just an FYI! luv ya'l!))

((It's weird. I started school a week and a half ago and I have more time on the computer than before. Probably because I'm doing high school and college at the same time and I have access to the mega-awesome college computer lab. Yay!))

((Wow... I get so far behind sometimes....))

Qannath finally regained use of speech. Us? Bigger than you? No way, she protested at Xitith.

Rebekah smiled. "R'bah? Eager about cleaning? I don't know what's gotten into him..."

Qannath looked up at Rebekah briefly. He's not eager about cleaning, it's what's AFTER cleaning.

Rebekah nodded at Talea, then, looking at G'lor, said, "If you would like to, I have no objections."

((wow that's short...))

Aoi felt her breath catch as T'lom asked Ezran to marry him. For the most part she was hardly sure if they were aware that she was even there, but at this point it wouldn't matter too much for her. If they needed room, she would give it to them, but at the moment she was a witness to something more then she had ever had growing up so she stayed. And so she watched, and waited to see what answer Ezran would give the young man who had just presented all of his dreams and hopes before her as an offering, praying that she would accept it and not discard it as something unworthy of her attention, or something she couldn't commit to.

((Blue, you're in public school right? How do you have access to the College computers? Unless you're taking the classes on campus...lol I was just curious cuz I am a homeschooler and I go to the campus and that's how I access the computers wink.gif ))

((no worries pige smile.gif ))

((i am debating on making a new rule since it takes a while for me to code my stuff because of the numerous amounts of characters I have....what if we just have to color the whole thing not when they are talking? it makes it a whole butt-load easier on me....))

Gora Kandicath

Gora looked back at T'nor as he spoke and almost blushed when he put his arm around her shoudlers. No one had really ever done that to her except for her friend that she had known since birth and had practically been raised with. She leaned into his side and placed her hands in her lap to look out at the sun as it started to go down from the high noon point. "You're only what, four inches taller than I am? I'll admit that your big, but isn't it cool to be able to look over people and see beyond what they can?" she asked and looked up at him and laughed at what he said about Leroth. "Dragon's are usually set in their ways T'nor." she said and then settled back into his side to look out across the horizon. She felt a warm and gentle love for Leroth spreading over her as Kandicath did her best not to react to what Leroth said about her. Gora brought her feet up beside her and tucked a hand underneath the bottom leg and then her other hand which was away from T'nor was placed across her midsection.

Kandicath eyes whirled a deep golden as she heard what Leroth said and looked at him with some surprise. They would both stare at each other until all of Pern turned to crack dust. She said and laughed. Flying is going well for us! We are the best ya know? she said challengingly to him.

E'ran Gleanixth

E'ran sat down beside Sesania where she knelt and watched as Klora clung to his arm as her one hand stroked Emeroth's eye ridges as tears flowed down her face. He looked to Emeroth and nodded a yes at her question and watched as Klora stared wide-eyed and amazed at the smallish gray dragon in front of her. Her attention turned once Sesania spoke obviously being taught manners at a very young age. Klora nodded her head vigorously as Sesania suggested a song and then sat in E'ran's lap as if it was her spot where she was supposed to be. E'ran called out to his firelizards mentally and they appeared from under the bed stretching and chirping in complaint. They arranged themselves around E'ran like they usually did before realizing the little girl and they sat awaiting the strum of the notes from Sesania's harp. "I like music" the little girl said between sobs. E'ran looked across the Klora's ringlets of blond hair and watched as Sesania took up her harp. She always looked gorgeous with the harp in her hands, she was gorgeous anyways though.

G'lor Xitith

G'lor smiled and rubbed his hands together. "I'm not the best at teaching the basics, but once you learn all of your letters and how they form words, i am sure I can show you some fancy ways of writing that really are a good way to show off to the Weyrleader." he said with a chuckle and a wink. "I think it's good though that you two are teaching her and that you are willing to learn Rebekah. It'll make you three the ideal fighting team against Thread. You'll have the tightest bond, well the second tightest." He laughed slightly again then let out a breath. "I know this is kinda odd to ask, but do either of you have any knowledge in the healer craft?" he asked while itching underneath his bandage.

Xitith chuckled at what Collieth said and then nudged both of the females in turn. You both will be larger than I and it is something that you cannot stop. Although You will still be able to be just as funny as you are now when you are older and larger. Just make sure you learn when to apply the humor and when to be serious. And yes I am quite serious Qannath. You Blacks are rather magnificent flyers as well, trust me. We had at least four at Fort Hold. He said and then laied down lower to the ground and let his injured wing lay close to the ground as well.

Heedana Tilleth

Heedana listened to Terin and nodded her head. "Until then Terin." she said and watched him leave. She growled to herself and turned around. So many things were whirling around in her head. Heran would blow the money away like his father and Hena was as vain as vain could be. None of her siblings were as balanced as her mother had been, she was the only one that had the balance of character, even though she still had her own faults. "What do I do?!" she asked to the sky knowing no one was there, and yet feeling that someone was. She sighed and started to walk slowly back to where the others were. Before she stepped out to them she tried the tears that had slipped down her cheeks unnoticed. She loved S'ron....not Terin, but what would she do about her family? She took a deep breath and found herself stepping out into the light. Instead of seeing her friends she saw her dragons hulking head in front of her and felt the loud thrumming of a dragons humming as her dragon radiated worry and love. It's all right Tilleth...I assure you. Tilleth shook her head at her rider and licked her gently. I do not believe you but maybe S'ron can help. Heedana sighed at her dragon's persistence and walked around the head and eyes that watched her constantly. She looked at her friends who were standing there and shrugged. "What can I say other than I have no idea what to do?" she said not knowing what else to say. Tilleth crooned to her as she started to lick Retirrrith's head methodically trying to keep him calmed down as best she could so S'ron could talk to Heedana.

Ezran Jubilath

Ezran nearly jumped to her feet as T'lom came in knowing that she looked like a complete and total mess covered in oil and her hair frizzing out of control from the moisture that had evaporated into the room. She admitted that the smell was rather relaxing for she had asked that a gentle floral scent be put into the oil for she used it as well. She felt his finger's dashing away her tears only causing more to come out of memory of protection and love being the one thing she never had from any male including her father. Jubilath, behind her and all around her, was crooning gently and licked T'lom's hand before he reached into her pocket. She watched him pull out a ring and offered it to her with an apology and the commitment to help her and work through things together with her. She looked at him her eyes wide and her mouth agape in total surprise. She had never thought that he loved her back. She had never really kept her distance, but she had never truly given any indication that she loved him. Jubilath was also surprised for an odd squeaking sound came from both her and Jerome as they turned their long necks so that they could both look at him with whirling eyes. "T-T-T'lom....I..." for once, Wingsecond Ezran was actually speechless; something rarer than finding a gossamer spinner in a clean room. Since Ezran found herself not being able to speak - much to her frustration- she shook her head yes and threw her arms around his neck tears of joy and relief flowing from her. She turned her head to see Aoi watching them and smiled a bright big smile and then backed away from T'lom to put the ring on. "Yes...YES!" she said happily and hugged him again then was butted out of the way by Jubilath as the small green rubbed her head against T'lom and encircled him with her wings in an odd show of affection. As Jubilath did this, Ezran ran over to Aoi and looked slightly down at her and hugged her again. "you have to promise to be the godmother." she said slightly teasingly, but meaning

((Did I miss anyone? If I did remind me and I'll add it later wink.gif ))

T’nor shook his head. “You’d be surprised how much just a few inches in height can set you apart. But it isn’t just the height either. In case you haven’t noticed, I’m larger than average in more than one way” He spread his arms out and flexed them slightly, the tension passing up through his shoulders and down his trunk before ending in his legs and feet as each muscle group he had control over flexed and relaxed. It wasn’t something he did to show off, just something to illustrate his broad shoulders and large frame. “My dad says it comes from being in a family of smiths. That the large size the forge favored was bred into us.” He shrugged indifferently. “I say it just makes it difficult to blend in anywhere. Most people tend to avoid you if you look like you could remove limbs if angered. Not that I mind but…” he paused and sighed heavily. “I guess not even I like feeling out of place EVERYWHERE I go…” He shrugged and grunted as she commented on the ways of dragons. “Well, we’ll just have to see about that” he said with determination. If there was one thing he shared in common with his dragon it was a healthy helping of stubbornness. He looked at her as she shifted uncomfortably and lifted his arm slightly off her shoulders. “Am I bothering you?” he asked nervously, not wanting to scare her off.

Leroth looked thoughtful for a moment and shook his head. I wouldn’t let them. I’d get bored after a few minutes and then he’d have to feed me and then we could go do something fun. he concluded with a decisive nod. He looked a bit unhappy as the conversation turned to HIS flying. Well, for now maybe he admitted and shifted uncomfortably. Apparently I’m too ‘disproportionate’ right now to be too successful at flying. They say it’ll pass and I’ll get better though… He didn’t like admitting he was anything less than excellent in anything and the way he fidgeted broadcast that fact like a loud speaker.

((muhahahaha take my idea! Just please make speech bold too. Otherwise it doesnt really stand out as much lol))

Qannath closed one lid on each eye. So... we aren't the only blacks on Pern, after all. She looked at her rider for a moment. So our riders won't be fooled much longer. Maybe... She grinned toothily. Maybe we should really go all-out...

Rebekah nodded. After she learned to write real well, she'd definitely ask G'lor to show her the fancy writing. "Sorry... I do not really know much about medicinal things except the most basic things." She fell to wondering what R'bah was doing. Whatever it could be, it would have to be really great for him to be so eager to clean up. She stifled a laugh as she pictured his idea of fun; flying above the Weyr and looking at all the people who would just be specks. That's what he had said he'd love to do, anyway. Rebekah stopped her wandering thoughts and returned to teh conversation at hand.

((I'll think of something to post later. Lighting design homework is a pain, but I'm in a weird program at a community college where I take high school in the afternoon and I'm free to do whatever college classes I want as long as I can handle it.))

Talea/ Collieth

"I really don't know much about medicine or healing or anything like that unless it's a runnerbeast that needs help. Are you okay, G'lor?" Talea asked. She looked at the rough bandage he had and decided that even she couldn't do much better than that. She sighed as she wished she could help.

There's other blacks besides us? Maybe they can join the Dark Sisters! It'll be like an exclusive club and we'll have super fun meetings at midnight and freak out riders out and just have the most awesome time ever! Collieth exclaimed as she rolled onto her back again. She looked at the sky and imagined flying up there. Now that would be fun, but all she could do was leap and kind of glide right now. She looked back at Xitith. I still don't want to be bigger than you. I like where I am right now, and I like where you are right now. I just want to keep it like this and let my wings develop a little more so I can fly and stay in the skies as long as I want and not have to come down or anything. We're going to fly to the Red Star and destroy all the Thread so we don't have to deal with it anymore.

T'lom/ Feyth

T'lom smiled and hugged Ezran back, ecstatic that she had said yes. Lira popped out from between and landed on Jubilath's head, chirping her own excitement whilst adjusting her perch as the green dragon gave T'lom a "dragon hug". Feyth bugled from his weyr as T'lom relayed the news to the great brown dragon, sharing the excitement with his partner and wondering how quickly the word would spread. T'lom looked back at Ezran as she asked Aoi to be the godmother. Okay, they still barely knew each other, but it was Ezran's choice. What was he to say about that? He waited with Jubilath for her to finish speaking with Aoi.

((I ssoooo tempted to post right now but I have to do school I might be able to later tonight but I am also kinda waiting on jaina and Ethy...))

((That's pretty cool Blue that the college is doing that. i had no idea that there were programs like that. The only two I knew of were the ones where the professors teach at the college and then the ones for homeschooled kids like me where we can go to the campus and take classes there...I didn't know it was extended to public/private schoolers as well wink.gif ))

Aoi was surprised to say the least when Ezran asked her to be the godmother for her twins. That would be a new and interesting experience for her, though she suspected the changes would be more dramatic for Ezran in the end. "I can agree to that I believe, Ezran," Aoi replied, a slight smile coming over her face as she looked up to the taller, though younger woman. She had to admire how T'lom's proposal had managed to swing Ezran's mood around so completely from where it had been before; sour and demure, to now happy and ecstatic.

((sorry for being slow, taking getting used to on the first week of classes))

Qannath looked over at Xitith, then looked at her own wings. I think I'll be fine with whatever size I turn out, actually, as long as I can fly instead of gliding. She looked at her rider, with the green firelizard Blira on her shoulder. Hey, I wonder what would happen if I mentioned it to her... She focused on Blira, speaking slowly and carefully. Little cousin, would you come with us and get rid of all the Thread someday on the Red Star- Qannath never made it past the last two words. The young firelizard gave one cry of distress, leaped off the shoulder she rode on, and the next instant was gone.

Rebekah looked at Qannath. What did you do? she asked, worried about Blira. Listening, she shook her head. Qannath, do not do that again... Yes, I know that neither of us knew that she would do that... So? I do not care if you thought it was fun. She is only one day older than you. Be nice... Good. With that, she again listened to the conversation, wondering if Qannath would always distract her so.

((Sorry... it was all I could think of...))

Edited by Pigegirl 2

((guys, stop saying sorry about being slow and all that, I haven't posted all week until now and I am the one that should be sorry. Now, let me type a small masterpiece!!! haha lol jk))

((and yes Genius...i ish stealing uzez idea! It is just much more simpler!))

Gora had indeed noticed that T'nor was somewhat larger than the other men including their fearless Weyrleader. She watched as he flexed his muscles somewhat entranced momentarily but quickly shook the fascination off as she looked back into the distance as he spoke. She was wondering what to say to be somewhat ornery to him but when he removed his arm she had to refuse the urge to jump thinking that she had done something. "No...you're not bothering me at all T'nor. My hands just get cold really easily." she said then with the hand that was facing away from T'nor she grabbed his hand gently and put his arm back down on her shoulders and held his hand where it was on her shoulder. She quickly put away the thought of him bothering her and then thought to what he said her ming working in a quick wheel. "Why blend in? Be different than others is what i like...but each person is subject to their own desires and wants." she said and smiled then wondered what Leroth was doing to fluster Kandicath and also make her so happy. "Oh I am sure that both of you will knock heads every now and then, but considering the determination you two have, there will have to be a compromise somewhere." she said with a small laugh at the idea of a dragon compromising. She felt a small warmth against her thigh and knew that it was Gloriana sitting there. SHe watched as the little dragonets head searched the skies for T'nor's champagne firelizard. She wanted desperately to play and the only firelizard that she enjoyed playing with was Voren (i htink that's right).

Kandicath laughed. You'd get bored? Think about me...I have the attention of the winds....always changing. She grumbled. When it came to flying though, black's , she thought, were the best. You mean your body is larger than your wings can carry? Oh don't worry Leroth, things will be better for you and once you grow up fully in the next few months, like us new dragons do, you should be flying with the best of us. THe best of us meaning Qannath, Collie and I. Kandicath nudged him underneath his head and croooned. She didn't want him to feel bad about not being able to fly yet.

Xyliana walked around after having talked to the older folks and to the invalids. Obviously they were in need of someone to talk to other than those they were stuck with day in and day out, for they had taken increasing joy in seeing her walk in. It was almost annoying how much that they felt they had to speak to her, but she knew it kept their spirits up. From up above her, she could feel the beat of Vixenith's wings as she flew with Joker up in the sky. She smiled wondering how her dragon was faring and asked her so only receiving an answer of longing for the sea and joy at being in the sky. She laughed to herself as she walked to no particular destination and found herself along the shores of the lake at the northern end of the bowl. No one was really around and she had planned to go swimming earlier that afternoon but had not had the chance to. She glanced around and ran to a rock where she quickly stripped her boots off of her feet then pulled off her pants and shirt to reveal a dark green bikini that she wore in anticipation of the afternoon's swim. She decided to go to the deepest part after she tied up her hair but then thought against it because the water was surely cold. She sat at the edge of the shore along the rocks and dangled her feet in the water relishing in the rush of the water around her darkened legs. The fun felt soooo good and it warmed her to her bones which was rather enjoyable since the fall season was starting to come up.

G'lor smiled at Rebekah knowing that the poor girl would have to learn sometime or another. "No worries Rebekah." his smile was kind and infectious as he patted Rebekah's shoulder and looked to Talea as she spoke. "We humans are pretty close to those runner beasts though." he said with a teasing grin then became serious. "I'm alright, I just need this bloody..." he stopped and blushed slightly. "Pardon me, I need this bandage changed one last time before I can take it off and show the world my ugly deforming threadscore." he said with some frustration. He knew that what he had done was something to be honored, but at the same time it had injured both him and Xitith which he was ashamed of.

Xitith laughed calmly at the exuberance of Collieth and the calm acceptance that Qannath had. Unfortunately Collieth, you will grow and your desire to be small will become a thing of the past. For only once you both grow, will you be able to fight thread like G'lor and I do. But your rider's will also have to grow with you. He watched as Qannath spoke to the little firelizard and chuckled as it disappeared to between for a moment and then watched as Qannath herself laughed about it. Our cousins are not usually used to us speaking to them about them or around them. I do not understand why though. He said witha curious tone as he suddenly became very thoughtful

Ezran grinned at Aoi and looked back at T'lom. She knew that things were going to get hard here in the next 9 mths, but she knew that with these two, one as her husband and one as her mentor, things would be easier. "Thank you Aoi." she said and hugged the smaller woman then decided to go back to T'lom and hug him yet again. She knew she had loved him from the beginning and now that love could be expressed. He was smart, a leader and a man to be honored. She laughed as she felt Jubilath's overwhelming joy at the thought of Ezran and T'lom being together. Ezran felt herself pale again and felt her stomach curl and her gag reflex react and she had to release T'lom quickly as she ran to her bathroom and released what little contents her stomach still had. She looked in the mirror and squeaked slightly at how horrible she looked. As pale as death, her eyes swollen and her hair a mess. She laughed at herself then rinsed her face, brushed her teeth with a mint stick and ran her fingers through her hair. It didn't help all that much, but it helped enough.

Edited by LoveLost

((Okay... xd.png I'm un-sorry?))

Rebekah nodded, letting his contagious smile spread to her own face. But as he mentioned his bandage, she wasn't so happy anymore. Of all the things for Mistress to not have taught me... flying Thread, I'll likely have to know how to do that kind of thing, she thought.

(annd that's all I can think of...)

Edited by Pigegirl 2

((I didn't miss much, did I?))

C'yn let out an embarrassed cough at the r4eminder of his chores, but headed to where he was supposed to be. He cast a glance at Soria and his Rosia, whom clung to the woman like a leech. "You'll take care of Sor-Sor, right? She'll be a bit of a worry wart and will hover around Heedana for a while."

C'yn didn't wait for an answer when he took off at a jog from K'leb or Siruth. He wasn't pleased about leaving Heedana, Soria or K'leb, but he knew they could fend for them selves. He was positive that S'ron would help Soria and K'leb be there for Heedana, too. He shook his head as he continued on his way.

--

Soria had caught caught the fight between S'ron and Terin and had been tempted after the man herself, but Atisith's restraint won out over her desire to claw out the man's eyes. When Heedana had went tot talk to the man every fiber of her being screamed to hide Heedana away from the man. Instead Soria had clung tighter to Tilleth. At K'leb's noting that S'ron needed to be tended, Soria had stepped, albeit shakily, away from Tilleth.

"You should have one of the healers look at it. I'm not much good for injured, but I will tell you not to fight with the man. I know K'leb said it but Heeda loves you and would never settle for less then that." She placed a sisterly kiss on the man's cheek and scurried to K'leb's side. She carefully slid her arms about his waist and leaned against K'leb. "I don't want to lose Heeda, K'leb."

--

"Seemed as good a place as any. "Bambina rocked lightly on her feet, before taking a bit of a skip and starting for the kitchens. "It does help I am a bit hungry. As to talking, I've been doing that since I was born according to my family. It's my special talent, if you will."

And you are a charmer, I see. Cerith preened a bit under the complement. Since few talked to her, she'd not heard many of them and while she wasn't particularly vain, she was pleased with the rare attention. I take it the male talking to Bambina is your rider, then?

T'lom/ Feyth

T'lom cringed when Ezran ran off to vomit. He knew he would hate seeing her like this, but he would help her get through this. He managed a weak smile when Lira chirped loudly in his ear as if to say "Go help her!". T'lom took the steps over to where Ezran was. He embraced her warmly in his arms and whispered in her ear, "You'll be okay, Ezran. We'll get through this, and don't worry about how you look. You'll always be beautiful to me." (Oh my gosh...so cheesy. My brain is melting.) Feyth bugled once more as if to say the same thing to Jubilath even though they couldn't see each other. T'lom pulled back from the hug but kept his hands on her shoulders. He looked her straight in the eye and asked her, "Is there anything you need? Just tell me anytime, anywhere. I will always be there, so don't think you're being overbearing."

Talea/ Collieth

What do you mean, Xitith? Are you talking about the Fire lizards talking to people? Talea's older brother has a Fire Lizard. I hear she's very vocal and used to have a temper problem. I don't know what made her stop. i think she used to have a buddy or something that went away. Something like that. Don't the Fire Lizards project images and stuff, Xiti? Collieth stared up at the sky as if she expected Lira to come popping out of between right above her head.

Talea tried to smile at G'lor, but she found it difficult. Threadscores were terrible things, but they healed. Or at least they were supposed to. She didn't know how to deal with something like that, though. The Runnerbeasts never had problems like that. If G'lor had been suffering from a sore leg or a grazed knee, she could have easily transferred her knowledge, but Threadscores were out of the question. "Why come over here and ask us to help when there's healers in the weyr that can take care of it? Do they not give good enough conversation for you, or does Xitith just want to drag you over here so he can talk with the Dark Sisters?" Talea thought her tone was a little biting for the first part that she had said. She hoped she had hidden it well enough with her little jab at humor about Xitith.

((Things are awesome for me now! I got a new Mac Laptop!!!!!!!! My life is saved! I don't have to share my computer with my sister anymore!))

(( sorry guys, It was my birthday yesterday. On Thursday I went to the zoo with Genius and my fiance, then yesterday I went out to lunch with my mom. Today I went to a baby shower, and tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with my surrogate granddad. ))

S'ron was about to say something in reply to Soria when she saw Heedana return. She looked...upset. That was the best way he could put it. Why wouldn't she upset though? The man her father had tried to marry her off too had showed up out of the blue, and S'ron knew that with the right words, the man could probably convince her to marry him for the sake of her family. I guess I'll have to pull out a bunch of favors people owe me... S'ron thought as he carefully walked around Tilleth and stood in front of Heedana. He ignored is injuries, intent on what he was going to do.

"I don't like that man. 'es icky. 'e would neverrr trrreat 'eedana rrright." Retirrrith said as he squirmed under Tilleth's licking. He wanted to cuddle against Heedana to make her feel better! "Don't do that Retirrrith, I don't know if Heedana can handle your weight like I can." S'ron warned his young dragon. Retirrrith's idea of cuddlingw as tackling the target and then laying on them.

"Heedana..." S'ron's voice was soft, hesitant as he reached out and carefully took one of her hands in his. With his other hand he reached into his pocket and fingered the necklace. "Do it now block 'ead!" Retirrrith said excitedly as he realized what his rider was about to do.

"Heedana, I can't offer you everything Terrin can. I know you're worried about your family and I have contacts that might be able to help," S'ron began to say. Carefully, he went to one knee while he continued to hold her hand. "I know it's against tradition to do this, but I don't think I could live any other way." Carefully, he pulled the fine silver chain from his pocket. On the chain, were three glittering gems that represented the Dawn Sisters. "Would you marry me Weyrwoman Heedana, rider of Gold Tilleth?" He let go of her hand then to hold up the necklace to her. He was oblivious to anyone else in the room except for Heedana and the dragons. Retirrrith was extremely still as he waited for Heedana's response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emeroth started to hum softly, almost like a purr, when Klora stroked her eye ridges. Her colorful eyes closed in content and she laid down happily so Klora would have better access to the sensitive region of her head. The blue undertones of her gray hide seemed to become ever so slightly more vibrant. Sesania couldn't help but smile at the gentle nature of her dragon. "That feels very nice Klora," Emeroth said, her eyes still closed.

Sesania smiled warmly and gently as she softly began plucking a simple melody. The notes started out simple, but then grew into sweet chords that rang true and clear. Her harp was her most prized possession, and it had never done her wrong. Her eyes were on her harp as she watched her fingers gently pluck each string. She had made this instrument, with her own hands, just as S'ron had made his flute. After a moment of establishing the melody, Sesania began to sing. Her voice wasn't as high as most women, it was very much in the alto range. Robinton had told her she had the voice of a calm fall day after bread had been baked. It was warm and strong, and it was perfect for the teaching ballads and the lullabies she favored. At least, that was Masterharper Robinton had told her.

Plummet tentatively began humming with the dominate notes, adding his voice to hers. His eyes closed as he listened to his lady, it was so rare that Sesania sang. The song was one of the simpler lullabies that were common all across Pern. One that anyone could sing along too.

“Oh good” he said, a bit relieved. He was surprised when she guided his arm back to it’s previous perch and then held his hand in place. He did indeed feel that it was rather cold to the touch so he changed the position of their hands and folded his around her smaller hand in an effort to lend her some of his heat. He shrugged at the idea of standing out. “More problems that way. Best to just blend in and let people forget about you. Not that I’m saying I want to be just like everyone else or anything. Just that it’s easiest to give the illusion of conformity so others will leave you in peace.” He rolled his eyes at the thought of compromising with Leroth. “Hey, I’m the rider so I’m in charge. Big red and scaly will just have to get used to the idea” he said stubbornly.

Well then maybe we’d just leave them be and go have some fun on our own! he suggested. Leroth looked at his friend in gratitude. Well I guess I’ll just have to wait and prove that the reds are better fliers he said with a teasing wink and curled up around her.

“No. For the last time no!” T’ron said stubbornly to his dragon. They were flying in circles above the ocean and although he knew he was fighting a lost battle, he was still fighting it. You’re going to do what I want one way or another. Might as well give in! Besides, I’ll be there with you. I won’t let you drown! Come on the water’s nice! came the wheedling reply from his mischievous partner in crime. Ever since they had come to Benden Weyr Tsinth had been bugging him to go swimming. T’ron had resisted utterly until now. Tsinth had given up on coercion and decided to go for trickery instead, convincing his rider to go flying and then taking him out to the ocean. “For the last time I’m not going just take us baaaaack-!” he started but trailed off as the exasperated blue dove for the water. Although he slowed a bit at the last second they plunged into the water with an enormous splash that carried them many feet below the surface. T’ron held on for dear life while Tsinth played nimbly in the ocean spray. He never really relaxed but the mortal terror abated quickly and he just waited for the great blue terror to surface. When he did he noticed they’d interrupted someone’s swimming. “Sorry!” he apologized, waving to the individual. He couldn’t identify Xyliana from their current distance but as they drew closer his eyes definitely stayed on target. “Sorry about that…this great blue oaf seems to have gone mutineer today” he explained, glaring at the traitorous, if madly grinning, dragon.

((No worries at all Ehty, I can understand busy weeks wink.gif ))

G'lor was rather shocked at the sudden change in Talea's bearing and looked at her with his good eyebrow raised. "I wasn't coming over to ask, I just all the sudden remembered Talea. And to be honest, yes, you two offer much more lively conversation that doesn't revolve around the latests and greatest healing procedures." Hs laughed lightly at Talea's mention about Xitith. "The old oaf loves all three of the blacks...but how did they get the name of Dark Sister's? Lemme guess...Qannath?" he said looking at Rebekah with a sly grin. "Anyways, you both will have to start learning how to deal with threadscores."

Xitith was broken out of his pensive stupor when Collieth started to talk. She was obviously the more talkative out of the three and it seemed to him that Qannath was content to be there. I mean Collieth that firelizards are usually shocked to hear us dragons talking to them. The minds of humans are very familiar to them and yes they do project thoughts and images but they are learning slowly but surely to also project words instead of Impressions. My gosh I sound like a scroll. He said then laughed at his own joke.

D'rin smiled at what Bambina had said and laughed as well. "Talking is a Talent fit for the Harpers and Lord Holders. You might be used by the Weyrleaders to help out in talking with the Lord Holders." he said with a laugh and looked at her with his periferal vision. She was a rather bouncy character with almost overwhelming joy and happiness within. He walked until they were at the kitchens then chose them a spot closer to the fires to ward off the slight chill that was starting to come into the air. "You wait here, and I'll go get us something to eat." he said and walked off to where there were plates, bowls and several items of food and trays to carry your food on. He grabbed two trays and placed plates and bowls on them then asked for some soup, bread, cheese and fruits if there were any. He turned to see a young man that had made it his decision to torture the young artist. He ignored him for a moment then realized he was staring at him and laughing. Underneath D'rin's arm was one of his drawings and before he could get it, the young man took it and looked over it. Behind him stood some weyrlings that followed the man and he showed it to them with a loud shout of discrimination and and anger. D'rin just calmly took the tray's back to the table ignoring the calls and jeers of the others. "Some of the worlds finest idiots if you ask me." he said with a determined grin.

Zirenth laughed at Ciruth's comment and sat down beside her as she cleaned herself. I do my best to charm those worth charming. And yes, D'rin is my rider...great young man....really talented too. He said and looked at Ciruth. So how old are you? He asked calmly and then itched his foot where it was slightly dry. D'rin had already oiled him that morning and for some reason he kept growing and itching...rather irritating.

K'leb watched as Heedana came around the corner. He had never seen her so conflicted in his entire life and the words that Soria said brought tears to his eyes. Heedana was the only one that had ever paid attention to him or had even tried to communicate with him while he was still speechless. He hugged Soria closely as Etanor crooned to her from his perch on K'leb's shoulder. "I don't want to lose her either." he said but what happened next astonished him. He watched as S'ron walked over to her and pulled out a necklace and offered it to Heedana with a question of marriage. "Look!" He whispered to Soria and turned so that she could see as well.

((cheesy yet sweet though Blue...lol!))

Ezran smiled at T'lom as he hugged her and she hugged him back with the same warmth even though she felt cold and slightly clammy. When he said she was beautiful, the young red-head blushed a deep red that seemed even redder with her hair framing her face. She smiled though and tried not to puke again and for once she didn't. "I can't think of anything to be hones T'lom. Just to stop puking all over the place, but I don't think we can help that." She said with a wink. "And as for being overbearing, it's my job anyways." she said with a light laugh and hugged him tightly again. She heard Jubilath bugle her high pitched bugle and almost laughed again. Jubilath had never really understood what it was to have her presence loved by another dragon and now she could understand that which made Ezran all the happier. She could feel Jerome looking around and knew that he was standing right next to Lira.

Tilleth could feel the excitement building within her champagne ball of joy and wondered why he was so excited. She had heard him say something about Terin never treating Heedana right and knew that what he was saying to be true. She let him squirm underneath her embrace and allowed him some room as well. She wondered what was S'ron was doing when all the sudden she heard him ask the question that Heedana had been wanting to hear from him since they were both very very young.

Heedana had been on the verge of tears as S'ron walked over and her anger was starting to revive itself as she saw the injuries S'ron had. She almost jumped when he gently took her hand and said her name. At the moment, his voice was just as comforting as Tilleth when she was in turmoil, which she was in now of course. With growing happiness and some trepidation, she listened to S'ron and watched him kneel in front of her. Almost on queue, she started to tear up and tried to keep from crying harder but was unable to. S'ron had contacts? How could he have? But then again, this was S'ron. She looked down at him and at the necklace and she was easily able to tell it was the Dawn Sisters. He had said that if he could give her the Dawn Sisters on a string he would and here he was doing it and asking for her hand in marriage. She covered her mouth with her hands to keep from getting louder in her sobs and was surprised to find that her firelizards weren't flying around her. Instead she felt them up on Tilleth's head awaiting what she would say. Terin would for sure be able to get her family taken care of and the hold rebuilt. But would S'ron? At the moment, she started to not care and nodded a yes to him since words would no longer come from her mouth at the moment. She circumvented the necklace and hugged S'ron fiercely and cried happily.

E'ran watched as Klora enjoyed being with Emeroth and Sesania. The little girl actually started to stop crying and listened to the lullaby as E'ran started to sing along with Sesania. Soon enough though, the little bundle was soon asleep in E'ran's arms with her head against his chest and her small hands curled to her own. E'ran smiled down paternally at the little girl then looked at Sesania. "I think she's done spent." he said and held the little girl there not seeming to want to let her go.

Gusto, Lyre and Kyl wondered around found themselves a warm spot next to Emeroth and crooned along with the song then found themselves getting sleepier and sleepier and were suddenly asleep without them even knowing.

Gleanixth watched from his weyr and wondered what is was like to be a father. Of course he would never know for Emeroth was to be almost as large as a queen and here he was a small dragon the size of a small brown or very large blue. He huffed at the thought and then curled up inside his wyer to add his own deep bass tones to the song.

Gora was rather happy once T'nor shifted his weight and gave her hand more warmth. One of the bad things about being such a trim person was that there wasn't enough insulation to keep yourself warm all the time. "As if I left you alone." she said with a sly grin up at him and then laughed at his comment about Leroth having to get used to T'nor being in charge. "Well we'll have to see about that...and it should be a rather amusing sight." She snickered at the image of a giant Leroth being tamed by a man that was less than 4-5 times his size. The thought of it was rather outrageous to her and made sure that she didn't show it to much. She reached up to her neck to fiddle with the necklace she had and realized that it had fallen down her shirt and decided to not mention anything. Although, Gloriana did chuckle slightly at the idea of flying down Gora's shirt to get it for her.

Kandicath jumped at the idea of them going off on their own and having fun which was what her sisters were trying to do. She laughed at his comment kindly and was then somewhat swamped by his red body and found herself peeking out from underneath his head. Help! she said with a giggle to Colleith and Qannath. This was going to be good if they all played together.

Xyliana had been about to dive into the water when she saw a blue streak impact and the waves from said impact pushed her into the water. She came up above and looked around for the source of the giant splash as she shifted her bikini to fit correctly before pushing herself higher out of the water. What she found was someone she didn't expect and was soon laughing at the jovial bouncing and weaving that Tsinth was doing through the waves. "No reason to be sorry at all T'ron....but I thought you wouldn't even get near water." she said with a twinkle in her eye. She knew that he had been forced to by Tsinth but absolutely couldn't resist. She searched around with her feet and found a rock to stand on which raised her around two feet out of the water which allowed her to tie her hair up as well as retie her bikini to make sure that it stayed on. She was rather dark underneath all the clothes that she wore which to some was rather surprising but to her it was normal. She had a tan line that varied from where her riding clothes were, to where her bikini was.

Vixenith felt her rider's surprise from below and watched with growing humor as a familiar blue dove into the water with a rider. She started to laugh and then dove down pulling up at the last second to land lightly in the water much like a giant waterfowl.

((3 more to type, plz wait and I will try and get them done in the next 2 hrs or so))

Edited by LoveLost

T’nor snorted. “Hey, I didn’t say it worked ALL the time did i? Besides, sometimes even minor failures lead to good things” he responded with a mischievous wink. If she wanted to tease…well, two could play at that game! “Oh I’m not afraid of that mischievous little oaf. He might be a growler but he’s harmless and we both know it” he said with a shake of his head. The thought of Leroth hurting anything but thread was amusing in itself. “No, he’s more likely to keep knocking me into people than anything else.”

Leroth looked down at his captured prey and shook his head. nuh uh, not goin nowhere! Mine! he said playfully and growled at the others she was asking for help. He looked back and forth at them and his tail twitched excitedly as he waited for one of them to come and try rescuing their friend. He thought it would be an excellent game.

T’ron shook his head again. “Yeah…that was indeed the idea. But then I made the mistake of forgetting that this little menace here has a mind of his own and a hidden agenda” he answered with a roll of his eyes. As they got closer to Xyliana and the shore Tsinth rolled suddenly dumping off his rider and wading back out to meet Vixenith. “Oooph!” T’ron spluttered as he fluttered helplessly in the water for a few seconds until he realized his feet could find the bottom. Then he stood up in the chest deep water and looked around in embarrassment. “I’ll get you for that ya little demon!” he shouted after Tsinth, shaking his fist. The retreating blue responded with an absent flick of his tale. “Sometimes I swear I wanna kill him before he kills me!” he grumbled as he walked closer to the shore.

Sooo little beauty, enjoying the water? Tsinth crooned as he swam closer staying mostly submerged and moving about like a large blue sea serpent.

Gora laughed at what T'nor said about minor mistakes leading to good things. "Well I guess the bigger the mistake the better the good thing is." she said and smiled. She felt truly at home here in T'nor's arms knowing that he was a good thing that came along her path and knowing that she was good thing that went along his path, or at least she hoped so. "Leroth is a dear heart and seems to find a lot of joy in my little bundle of energy...that wont' ever....stop!" she said then giggled again but became jokingly serious. "As long as he doesn't bump you into another girl, I think I'm okay with that." she said and scooted every so slightly closer to him.

Kandicath wriggled her way so that her feet were against him and she was looking at the Dark sisters so that it seemed like they were upside down and she was right side up. Get 'im! she said and laughed while trying to get away from Leroth without hurting him to terribly.

Xyliana smirked at his mention of his dragon having his own agenda and was going to help him stand up but thought the better of it and watched him with her arms folded underneath her chest. "Yeah, his agenda is wooing Vixenith if ya haven't noticed." she said and laughed as she jumped into the water beside him off of the rock that she had been standing on. "Aww cummon T'ron, he just wants to help you get over what you don't like." She said plaintively then couldn't help but laugh at how stupid she had sounded. "At least come and swim in the shallow area. Please?" she asked and stood in front of him trying to do her best imitation of puppy eyes. But her best imitation, unbeknown to her, was actually rather good thanks to her big orange fleck brown eyes. "The water won't hurt you ya know." She said and was tempted to bowl him over into the water.

Vixenith crooned happily as she flitted around hummed in the water then turned to face Tsinth. As long as it doesn't attack me mister sea dragon. She said with a laugh and twirled around in the water and propelled herself upwards to land in the water on her back. She allowed herself to float back up to the surface on her back with her head up above so that she could look at Tsinth over her slim stomach.

T’nor grinned. “Well, I guess I musta made one BIG mistake coming to the weyr and meeting you” he said with a sly wink at her. He was already finding himself relaxing in her presence and words were coming to him more easily now. “Yeah…he may be a big oaf but once ya weasel your way into his heart it’s a fairly roomy place. Besides, one would think you’d be GLAD to have her taking her energy out on someone else!” he responded with a hearty laugh. He could easily see those two wandering off without him or Gora and being perfectly content. They were indeed the interesting, if odd, pair. He glanced at her inquisitively and noticed that she seemed to be moving closer to him. “Oh?” he said, raising an eyebrow. “And what problems might it cause if he did?” The question was half joking and half serious. Though he remembered what Kandicath said he still wasn’t sure precisely what to do or think.

((gonna hold off on posting with Leroth until the others get a chance to respond))

“Oh I noticed alright. Traitorous little snake” he said grumpily and glared out at the pair. Turning on me for a female. Some friend he thought, though not with any animosity. He knew his own ‘tail chasing’ had annoyed Tsinth on more than one occasion. He kept walking out of the water, shaking the wet stuff from his limbs with little success, and shook his head. “Don’t really care what he was trying to do. Still don’t appreciate it and still have no desire to be anywhere near this giant death trap” he said, gesturing out at the sea. Her wheedling coercion would probably have worked under normal circumstances but with as irritable as he was it had fairly little effect. Still, the urge to stay and see if perhaps she might be interested in a little after hours play time was strong. In the end the desire to not drown outweighed his other desires. “Yeah, you say that right up until you’re in over your head and water fills your lungs” he said, a hint of fear creaping into his voice again. “Thanks but no thanks” he said, turning away and walking slowly towards the shore again.

Tsinth grinned a toothy grin up at her as he circled her in the water. He laughed as her change in position splashed him with water and shook his head. The water? Attack you? Now why would it do that? he asked innocently, circling a couple more times before pouncing on her and carrying her down into the water with him. He held on to her tightly even as they came back to the surface, a broad grin on his face. Oh my, looky what I caught! he teased playfully.