bagelguy

spore

spore is my favorite non Zelda game!

i recently lost my GA disk though, so i'm depressed.....

I haven't played Spore in such a LONG TIME. I haven't been able to play anything in a while, really, with school being as it is.

But man, that game was fun. I had this race of scientist penguinoids who lived on the planet Oddity... oh, they were fun to play. Galactic Adventures made it a lot more fun, too, but I would actually have fits of anxiety during some of those levels because the music sounded scary, or the monsters on the levels coming after me freaked me out (that quest that was reminiscent of Alien is the one that really freaked me out, as well as that one with the giant creature... there was another one that set me off, too, and made my heart beat really fast, but I can't remember which one that was).

Spore is srs bsns.

I love spore. on one of my files i finally got near the center of the universe, but tehn I exploded and got sent all the way back to my home planet. xd.png

Picked up this title recently and made it to the space stage, but then I got into an unwanted war and now I'm unprepared :c

@Getpwned, I have that happen to me all the time. xd.png

I didn't realize allying with the Grox would make everyone hate me. Now I'm faced with an infinite number of empires who hate me. biggrin.gif

I've never played the original, but I have Spore: Origins and Spore: Hero Arena for the DS and Spore for the iPhone. I love all three games and have played each of them multiple times. I wish I could get it for my laptop... It looks so fun! maybe I can talk my parents into giving me it for Christmas.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I got to the Space stage. My record of getting to the space stage in the least amount of time is about 6hrs. In the Creature stage I killed an Epic. One of my big accomplishments. smile.gif

I wish I had Spore. but my computer probably won't run it. sad.gif It seems like a really fun game. I watched a walkthrough once, but after it got to the third stage, I stopped watching.

I love spore, and allying with the grox is so cool: i had a chance to go rampage everywhere: i pwned more than 200 empires. in my 2 best planets i own more than 250 solar systems biggrin.gif. We could make a thread about sharing spore creations with each other biggrin.gif

*Reading through my old posts and found this thread again*

I suddenly feel like playing Spores again ohmy.gif even though it got me so annoyed the last times I played xd.png I haven't touched the disc in well over a year.

Edit: No matter what, it was insanely original and really fun. I just wish you could stay at the current stage and never need to move on unless you wanted to.

Edited by DeathCry

I agree.

I also wish that I could make a snake that *slithered* fast without doing the invisible limb glitch. >_> Cause my snakey does some really weird stuff with the invisible limb glitch. ._. Plus its hard to do...

Edit:

I wish I could make my snakey attack with the creepy arm spikes I put on it. o.o

Edit2:

I also have no idea how to attack other space ships in space stage. >_> if I do it takes 5000 years. >_>

Ever since I had my Sims game play ruined with cheats/glitches, I never even thought to look for something like that ohmy.gif

I tried to play as "honest" as possible by not looking up anything, but it was a bit hard laugh.gif

The space stage was... infuriating. All of the paths to travel, always getting lost. Ugh... the madness that I put myself through when I attempted that xd.png

Here's advice (probably you do not need it, but well, maybe it could be useful for newbies).

I usually start this strategy: you must get the space abilities that lower the prices of colonizing tools (i do not have the english version so i may make somo mistakes), i think that the better strategy is: first stage: omnivorous, creature stage: boohya destroy everything n be bad (i know, it is painful to kill cute creatures, but it must be done, make friends only with empowered creatures (dunno the english name) that have 250 hp, with this you get a spaceship health boost, tribal stage: stay in the middle, civilization stage: buy other cities (start with a super speedy vehicle to hoard geysers, n then use high commercial power vehicles to maximize profits and speed up trades (alternate them: high speed during travels n high commercial power straight before getting to the cities).

Space stage: hoard violet geysers before other empires are born (this is were the sale on colonizing items is needed)

Use all types of support on these planets (ultra defensive turrets, environment savers, (as soin as you can buy them). make alliances with everyone n (yeah i know it is a bit nasty) when you get the big

lazar, start wars with empires that have violet geysers: they guarantee high profit in a short timespan. Leave only empires that do not start wars with each other to trade with (warstarting empires are a pain in the ass). (Sorry if you didn't want advice, and... yeah xd.png, it's a very opportunist strategy.

The first time I saw the Grox I thought "Oh, I'll just befriend them so I can go to the center. I know! I'll terraform! Everybody loves that!" *Kills every Grox on the planet instantly*

O_O

That was definitely a surprise.

I was near the center, just like, 2 stars away, and then...

'HAHAHA WE ARE THE GROX YOU SUCK BYEBYE' and then I got shot :c

does anyone know how to let the freedom cheat work in the creator mode? I always type 'freedom on' and then it says that I have complete freedom, but when I start building the meter still fills up and at a certain point I can't add anything anymore :c

I just realized yesterday that I have no idea of where my copy is ohmy.gif I don't know if to feel disappointed or not...

has anyone ever met the good counterpart of the grox? i think their name is xorg, they are blue cyborgs n have very good relationships. i tried to find them, but, well... it's pretty damn difficult xd.png. i've also tried to befriend the grox: got to 70 in relationships! and they are still yellow face and shoot me when i get near -.-. those ****ers, anyone that has managed to do it could give me advice?(i want the "dance with the devil" achievement sooo much). i think that an all green evolution planet is needed: you get a relationship boost by doing that. anyone would like to share his/her creatures? i am starting to get a bit bored, lol, i know all the maxis creations almost by heart... and

@Puppylikestosti: i am not sure that you can reach the galaxy core without some kind of expansion/cheat, i tried to get near the centre using a level 5 spaceship engine, bought loads of medpacks and energy reserve: i moved in a circle around the centre 20 times n visited all the systems because my range was too short, then i ran out of energy and got destroyed xd.png (maybe i haven't done it properly and skipped the right planet :/).

and, yes, you have a limit in freedom mode too.

Edited by jetcomb

Yes, you all know Spore. I personally never get tired of the creature creator, something addicting about it.

Anyway, we all know the ins and outs, but I'm actually more interested in what people think could IMPROVE the game. Any thoughts?

I always wanted a survival of the fittest "conquer the planet" type deal where new players enter in the cell stage and try to compete with more evolved players.

I think the creature creator could get a slight revamp- something like adding in genders, and being able to make slight differences to them, as not all animals look the same in gender.

Another improvement would have been to add the Water stage again, the main problem with it was that Maxis 'supposedly' couldn't figure out how you would be able to control your creature in a fully 3d environment, yet they did it in the Space stage.

They should also expand on stages a little, perhaps add a microorganism stage, as cells do not have eyes and mouthparts.

I have more to add, but I'll keep that for later.

As for current status, I love the vehicle creators the most. I'm an expert at making futuristic military-land kinds, such as motorcycles and hoverships.

I also agree that more stages should be included, and that the Water stage was unfortunate to be omitted. Genders however, they kind of gave reproduction an afterthought, and is really the only time you see a female counterpart. I agree that you should be able to give the female a more active role if you so chose, as not all species have "stay at home moms".

Another thought would be to get rid of the "snap-to" parts of the builder and let us freely rotate the piece to our liking. I've found the snap-to more of a hinderance than a help to the ease of creativity.

So far I'm impressed with Spore, though I haven't seen the rest of the stages other than the Cell and Land stages.

i loved spore, still do.....but

i'm sad that they just don't really seem to have any plans for new content : /