bagelguy

spore

Genders however, they kind of gave reproduction an afterthought, and is really the only time you see a female counterpart. I agree that you should be able to give the female a more active role if you so chose, as not all species have "stay at home moms".

The problem is, they're like slugs. There's no set gender, as in one time, I saw another one of my species laying an egg, and it was my mate. So... apparently... both are capable of laying an egg, but when you need to go into the creature creator...

Spore is the biggest gaming disappointment of ever. If they want to improve Spore, they should've just made the game they were going to make in the first place.

I wish they would add more to the creature stage. That was, is, and always will be my favorite part of spore, but sadly there isn't a whole lot more to do after the first few runs then just keep coming up with new crazy monsters. Which is fun, of course, but I want more to DO with said crazy monsters. More unique worlds to explore (while there are some minor differences between worlds, most are pretty similar), more places to explore within those worlds (I wish you could fly and actually land on certain structures. Being able to cross oceans would be fun too, and maybe there could be caves...?), and more ways to interact with fellow creatures aside from just befriending or eating them.

Has anyone here ever played Space Station Silicon Valley? Something like that, where different creatures had very, very different abilities. Flying creatures could grab prey and fly off with it, creatures with fins could swim in the oceans, etc etc.

I also wish you could use creatures you created to do new creature stages. I don't evolve most of my creations because I find it more fun to run around in creature mode with them then to move onwards, especially knowing I'd have to remake their design from scratch if I wanted to play creature mode with them again. The lack of an ability to really explore worlds in space mode is a shame, too. Can you imagine if they gave you the ability to play creature mode on worlds you'd terraformed in space mode? That'd be so fun; I could create a world of just the things I like, goof with the terrain all I wanted, and then run around on it. Good stuff. <3

So yah, fun game, but after a few times through the main remaining thing to do is fiddle with the building modes. Need more stuff for those custom critters to do!

I used to play Spore a lot when I was younger. For a while I only played with the creature creator, but eventually I bought the full game. It was a lot of fun for a while, but I do admit after that it got kinda boring. It got fun again when I bought the GA expansion (I never really made actual adventures, so much as just use it to create my own planets and races and such for fun), but then that kind of got boring to me too after a while... plus something derped after a year or so and it stopped running properly.

I still have good memories of the game, even then, but yeah I admit it really could have been better.

True.I used to play it HEAPS when I was younger.I would love to be able to swim underwater. Many people found a glitch in the game where you can put an invisible limb, put it on the front of a floating eel like thing and it would look like it was swimming when it moved. Then in GA the people made an underwater world thing. It actualy looked like you were underwater.

I have Spore on my DS, and I love it. I've won the game twice already. I've never tried the PC version, though.

I've accidentally gone into war with other empires three times, one I managed to make peace with and the other two were wiped out. I'm still considering destroying that other empire though... It would take ridiculously long to make allies with them and they only have a few planets colonized.

You guys are persuading me to download and play the game again.

Been playing lately...Current game in civ stage.

My creatures are purple dragons with apparently no spines.

And they live in tornadoes.

And drive sharks.

<3

W-What?

How is that possible in-game?

Edited by creepado

W-What?

How is that possible in-game?

Creating buildings and vehicles that resemble tornadoes and sharks, I'd guess.

I love Spore(!), but I don't have GA or Creepy and Cute yet. Once I get GA though, I'll make an underwater world (I have some floating creatures right now). I would post my Spore profile, but this computer doesn't copy and paste so I can't right now.

It's a game where you create this creature and you put it in a world. You evolve it and let it adapt to its surroundings, then if your creature gets smart enough it will be able to make a tribe. You get to fight other tribes of other species. Then you soon get to go to city or cilivistation stage, where you have this city and you can make war or befriend other cities of your species. Lastly you get to space stage, where you are in sapce and you do things to otehr species, have war with them, trade with them, befriend them, steal spice from them(stuff used for trading), ect.

oh ive think ive played it before i dont have the best memory

Edited by dgsunburst

I make too many random adventures about basically nothing. And my creations contain parts and textures no one else can find. I like the creature stage the most. However, space stage is a little boring.

Warning: Page stretch:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I use too many mods.

Edited by Suwako

Found this game to be a bit of a dissapointment. Starts off well and I start thinking "Hey, this is neat. I'm going to be able to do all of this stuff on every planet and more!" Instead, I end up getting a neat space stage with lots of flying around, dropping plants, colonies and animals and basially just talking to and fighting other empires pretty much IN A SPACE SHIP ONLY!

They had a great thing going, having a sort of real time Civilization thing going on (at least a real time strategy thing with diplomacy on the ground) and they end up restricting it all to space where there's only ever one empire in charge of each planet and you're not even allowed to do ground warfare unless it's made in an adventure which will be scripted and fixed and lack replay value (and even then, that ends up being a 3rd person adventure without the strategy which they had before you launch into space).

Apart from that, the only real negative thing I got to say about space in the game is that there's too many systems. You'd have to be upsesed to take over each and every one. Which means you might go thinking "Yea, all this is going to be MINE" before realising there's too much and move on to other things with the fact that you never took over the galaxy in the back of your mind. blink.gif

Found this game to be a bit of a dissapointment. Starts off well and I start thinking "Hey, this is neat. I'm going to be able to do all of this stuff on every planet and more!" Instead, I end up getting a neat space stage with lots of flying around, dropping plants, colonies and animals and basially just talking to and fighting other empires pretty much IN A SPACE SHIP ONLY!

They had a great thing going, having a sort of real time Civilization thing going on (at least a real time strategy thing with diplomacy on the ground) and they end up restricting it all to space where there's only ever one empire in charge of each planet and you're not even allowed to do ground warfare unless it's made in an adventure which will be scripted and fixed and lack replay value (and even then, that ends up being a 3rd person adventure without the strategy which they had before you launch into space).

Apart from that, the only real negative thing I got to say about space in the game is that there's too many systems. You'd have to be upsesed to take over each and every one. Which means you might go thinking "Yea, all this is going to be MINE" before realising there's too much and move on to other things with the fact that you never took over the galaxy in the back of your mind. :blink:

Well, you can do ground missions if you have the Galactic Adventures expansion pack (which I did), plus you can create your own missions and play other people's.

I found the GA expansion to be a lot of fun, personally. But I never actually published any missions, I just messed around with creating worlds for fun.

Then again, I am very easily amused.

I have the Adventure pack... but Spore always wanted me to update it and then it said something about restarting the game over... so, since I didn't want to ever do that, I never updated the thing nor did I ever get to use the extra stuff I bought for it.

Playing actual Spore was fun though. The Grox are evil... and kill me... though I was so close to just flying maniaclly through their system's empire and reaching the middle... so very close... but I died like right before I got there xd.png

Never went back. Ever.

I have the Adventure pack... but Spore always wanted me to update it and then it said something about restarting the game over... so, since I didn't want to ever do that, I never updated the thing nor did I ever get to use the extra stuff I bought for it.

Playing actual Spore was fun though. The Grox are evil... and kill me... though I was so close to just flying maniaclly through their system's empire and reaching the middle... so very close... but I died like right before I got there xd.png

Never went back. Ever.

GRRR!!! I hate those darn Grox!

i have made in the past month or so some very awsome dragons for spore i still am not the best at making dragon but it is better then some