Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

((ish back... more or less...))

Matthew grinned as he heard Ayos exclaiming his happiness at not having to train. Apparently the dragon was forgetting that he didn't fit on a horse and that a brisk march meant that he also would have to keep flying or walking the whole time. Questra seemed to be looking forward to it, being a horse dragon herself. She glanced at the multicolored gelding Matthew had gotten assigned to and swished her tail. Looking aside at his dragon, he shook his head slowly.

"It's not a race, Ques. Just keep up with us, you never know when or why you might need your strength."

Don't worry about me. When my legs tire, my wings can take over. Your horse does not have that kind of luxury.

"I'm sure they'll keep that in mind and give them breaks often enough to be able to keep going long enough."

Rechecking the gear of the horse and pulling the straps of the saddle just one more tighter, Matthew nodded his approval. Being a lefty, he had his sword scabbard strapped on the opposite side than was normal, making he had to swing up on the horse on the right side instead of the left. Standing up in the stirrups, he checked their length and pulled the reins tight. Looking down at the stable boy who handed him a small bag with some supplies to hang from the front of the saddle, he spoke.

"What's his name, boy?"

"This gelding? Dax, Sir."

"Dax. A strong and good name. I like it. So Dax, are we going to do this well? You and me? I snuck out a couple of apples to give you during the breaks, so if you do well, you get a treat."

The horse's ears flicked back and forth, showing he was paying attention to his rider. Rubbing the left shoulder of Dax, Matthew looked around and gave Rio a smile.

"You okay there?"

((Okay... seriously. I started horse riding about 11 months ago and if I EVER get a horse of my own, it will be a multicolored (preferably a Paint) gelding and I'll be naming or dubbing him Dax. For real cool.gif ))

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((Jadzia or Ezri? *smacked for being a geek by the mysterious hand that smacks people for random reasons*))

Rio was fumbling with the reins after having to be helped onto her horse which was also a gelding. She seemed very uncomfortable with the horse and the same could easily be said about the horse with her. "I-I think I can handle this." She said desperately trying to stay balanced while attempting to place her feet in the stirrups. When she finally accomplished getting her feet in the stirrups and balancing herself, both the horse and Rio seemed to calm down. "O-okay, I think I got this." She said nervously. It was plenty clear that riding horses wasn't her specialty. For a moment she thought she caught a dissatisfied glare from her steed but decided that she was seeing things. Ayos had been sitting back and just watching his rider attempt to mount the horse. The magi dragon snickered almost uncontrollably. When she finally seemed to get a handle on things he commented. "I'm a bit concerned Rio. After all when the time comes, you will have to ride me. When that happens, we won't be on the ground." He said snidely, Rio ignored him much to his displeasure.

((...ya lost me there Kja.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Humm... already long time back from long weekend, but no post from Kja?))

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((If this hasn't completely died off I'd love to rejoin after my very long disappearance from the forums. I'd like to bring in a new character instead of trying to bring back my two established ones who just fell off the face of the planet.))

((Ugh. Sorry guys. A variety of stuff kinda piled up on me and I couldn't get on, and I probably won't be able to for a while. Just go on without me for a bit, if you don't mind, and feel free to use Drac as an NPC or background character of something.))

((EDIT: Taly, feel free.))

Edited by Kjakings

((Hummm. Guys, this is pretty dead. I'm considering re-making it in Freeform to try and get more people to join... or maybe just lazily tell you guys what I planned to happen (for closure) and skip directly to the planned sequel (in which no previous characters will be allowed to be anything other than background NPCs (unless you REALLY REALLY want them to be))))

((Four brackets. Personal record, I believe. Give me your opinion on those two things as opposed to things continuing as they are now.))

Edited by Kjakings

((I am a-thinking we just don't have enough peeps to keep this going. For me it's all the same. Part of me is going to miss this RP, even though it was near to death. But another part of me thinks it's best to just close things, as it's sometimes difficult / tiring to try and get back into it to form a post.

As to the current characters becoming background chars... just don't abuse Katelyn, Matthew, Sleet and Questra. I've grown quite fond of especially Katelyn and Sleet to be honest cool.gif .))

((I meant, they would become background characters if you joined, forcing you to create brand new characters. If you don't then I shan't use your characters.))

((Even though we could keep this going with the 4 of us, I think in the long run ending it and starting the sequel might be the best option. Part of the reason why I haven't made my return RP post yet is because of Kja's post. To be honest I can go either way on this, considering I don't plan on disappearing again for a good long while.)) Edited by talyhawk

((To be honest I was gonna kill of Ayos and Gelltor in the end. So the Sequal is cool with me. As for moving to Freeform....I am wholeheartedly and nearly violently against it. Part of what I enjoyed about this Rp was the level of literacy *shouldn't really be talking since he failed to meet said level multiple times* Especially the sentence min which I have incorperated into my own RP's on Gaia and here on DCF. But ultimately I am for jumping to sequal. happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Moving to freeform does not automatically qualify a lowering of standards. The standards that have been demanded in this RP have always been the ones demanded in all of its past iterations and will continue to be in all future.))

((Unless the OP ever gave you express permission to remake this or to make a sequel, neither is an option I'm afraid. That would count as plagiarism. If the OP is inactive then... you're out of luck I'm afraid. If not, you'll either have to have prior permission or ask them now.))

((The OP and I are good friends and are in frequent contact, and these ideas have been discussed between me and DS for a while.

On a related note, the original of this RP was actually created by a third person, who gave me and DS permission to do whatever we wanted with this idea.))

((Thanks for the reassurance Kja I'll back a movement to the Freeform now then happy.gif))

((Alright. Should we restart in freeform in an attempt to try again and attract more, or simply skip ahead to the sequel?))

((Also, anyone want to hear the various plans in motion?))

((I wanna hear the plans in motion. I don't know if I'm going to join still though. Getting not enough time for it I'm afraid and with getting older, my muse shrunk to the size of a pea...))

((I'd like to hear the plans in motion. As for starting over or just jumping to the sequel, I'm game for either.)) Edited by talyhawk

((There's some subtle stuff I missed, but by the time I realised it was already over a thousand words and I really couldn't be bothered to go back and fill it all in.

Okay, so from the point where we left the NDK would have ridden to the mountains where they’d be found by a dwarven hunting party (which happened to include the crown prince) and they’d be taken inside the city in the mountain, because they were expected. There Drac would find that all his carefully planned arguments didn’t count for much because the dwarves knew they were coming and were ready to agree to join up with them.

The NDK would be given a tour of their city, which is built around a massive cylindrical shaft driven right through the mountain, thought to be a Draconæ mine. They’d be shown the preparations of their army, the airships and they’d discuss politics and the strange, reversed economy due to them living in a gem mine: gems were the least valuable resource while farmers and loggers were among the richest in the city, as a result their swords tended to be made of diamonds and other strong gemstones. The elf (Amras or whatever) would join up with some dwarven engineers to work on gunpowder weapons.

After the dwarves, the NDK would go to the highly-magical goblins, but I hadn’t really thought much about there. Along the way they’d happen across a group of Pegasus-riding Paladins who were hunting a body being possessed by a spirit of the netherworld, which it turns out was Drac. After lengthy philosophical discussions Drac points out that it’s his body anyway so he doesn’t see what the issue is, and he tells them the date and location for the massing of the army to depose his father, and they agree to join up because he’s a necromancer.

Killing time they go on to steal a few powerful magical artefacts (including a Draconæ sword) from the city and even kidnap the general of Hyro’s land army, hiding him away until everything is over. In their roaming they come across a large magical barrier and with some co-operation form the magical equivalent of a really big hammer and chisel to crack it open.

Inside they find a large obelisk of strange black stone and a small hut, occupied by a very old man who claims to be a Draconæ apprentice and the only surviving member of the order protecting a travel-beacon. Taja scoffs and calls him a liar, saying that they were only old myths and the various artefacts ascribed to them were the work of just very magically powerful people, while Drac adopts a posture of “I knew it.”

Against all better judgement Drac touches it and disappears in a flash of white light, before walking out of the bushes a few seconds later saying he was thrown back. The old man doesn’t appear to accept this and gets very visibly upset for a few seconds, before relaxing and suggesting they leave before the storm gets any worse (even though it was sunny with clear skies only seconds before Drac touched the beacon).

They go to the area where the army is massing and get orders to fly out separately to the outposts near to the path the army will take, telling them that they stand no chance against the massed forces and neither does Hyro; therefore their only chance for survival is to surrender and join up with the revolutionary army, further swelling their numbers and success chances.

When they get to the city they find that the elven naval forces have already arrived in the night and destroyed all the military boats in the harbour, currently under siege from dragons.

The land-cannons that the dwarves managed to create, along with their catapults and airships destroy the walls and the army pours in, not fearing hurting most of the population as most evacuated long before the army got there.

The NDK take a number of sharpshooters with rifles onto the dragons with makeshift harnesses and lines attaching them to the dragons and form up into a tight unit, fighting members of Hyro’s aerial force.

Eventually they’re forced to land due to the sheer numbers of Hyro’s airforce and fight through the city towards his citadel, losing or getting separated from various members along the way until, in traditional fashion, it winds down to just Drac at the top to confront his father. Hyro gives the usual speech about how they’re not that different and that the original Dragon Knights were corrupt and greedy and destroying the country and how the necessities of being in command forced him to change.

Then he releases a group of dracoliches which began slaughtering the remaining dragonriders from the dwarves and elves, as well as the Paladins and the airships. Drac merely smiles a smug little smile, and relates how the Draconæ beacon reacted to him strangely because he was human; sending him not only to a random place but a random time, handily dumping him in the middle of Blackthorn territory about three months before he even touched the beacon.

He spent some time convincing them of who he was and what happened, then quickly went to the clearing with the beacon just in time to see himself teleported away, where he pretended he’d only been thrown clear.

Then he snaps his fingers and hundreds of Blackthorn dragons drop out of the thick cloud layer and rain that had been building for several hours before the battle and begin tearing apart the Dracoliches and his airforce.

Then Drac duels Hyro and rams his sword through both his lungs. Hyro collapses, says something along the lines of “if I can’t have this country then nobody can” and puts his weird claw-thing on and opens another portal. In a largely expositional speech he explains that the Draconæ were real and were all taken out by one of their own (he was gunna be called Lucifer, the Murder God). In the end they managed to seal him in an extra-dimensional portal, but had lost too many of their order to continue properly and all died out.

The being pushes its arm through the portal, which causes cracks to radiate out from it in all directions and grow bigger. He claws his way out and pulls the clouds around him to create a huge almost-solid form, in a shape like a combination of dragon and human. He then starts rampaging and through some combination of abilities of all the people who made up the army (I haven’t really figured out what yet) they kill him.

Then there would be an epilogue where Drac takes command of the rebuilding country and eventually becomes king, he builds a news order of Dragon Knights from the NDK and those left from Hyro’s forces, (assuming she survived) he exiles Katelyn for five years. Her tentacle, with the influence of Lucifer removed, would go completely into her control.

Not really sure what would happen with Taja, DS is no help there.

All the species become strong allies and they all pitch in to help with the re-building of Chicias as people begin to dribble back into the capital.

The sequel will take place about seven years afterwards, and would roughly be about how hard it is to kill a necromancer and the return of the Draconæ.))

((Hmm... I'd like to think Katelyn indeed somehow survives. As for the exile, she would almost welcome it and go up north to the ice regions, along with Sleet, who is by then missing one front leg. After her exile of 5 years, she would go to her old home territory in the hope to find some relatives. Unfortunately the whole village was destroyed shortly after she had been taken away as a child and nobody around knows anything of her family. Only knowing what she had done all those years, she then decides to go back to the capital and somehow ask (or beg) Drac to allow her in his own army. Seen as she could not become a main character again, she'd only be allowed a place amongst all the other soldiers and never a leading position. And thus everything end happily for Katelyn biggrin.gif ))

((I think that after her exile Drac would value her abilities enough to give her her own squadron, at least.))

((Neat, well Gelltor would still be quite dead after reaking havoc on the ground soldiers, Rio would be essentially rendered useless lacking Ayos and preferably would fade into the background living a quiet life since she never wanted to be anything more than a happy average citizen.))

((Katarina would probably be dead after trying to kill Ryoka. During the battle with Kat, Ryoka would lose an eye and once everything was all said and done she would continue to offer her services to Drac.))

Username:titli02

Side: NDK/HyroNDK

Name:Tarlar

Race:elf

Appearance: (Optional) black hair

Personality: (optional)

Other:

Dragon’s name:Saphirre lightning

Dragon’s age: (Hatchling with/without wings or adult)hatchling with wings

Dragon’s gender:Female

Dragon’s race (DC Only please):Black dragon (not evil)

Appearance: (Optional)Black

Personality: (optional)Cheery

Other: none