Dragon Song

On These Wings: The Remake

Questra snorted and shook her head.

To be honest, I think it’s a bit sad. It’s an obvious prove they both haven’t had a change to grow up the way they should have. But from an objective point of view… yeah it is. Got any popcorn?

Matthew had heard Questra snort and turned his head to regard her. Seeing her in obvious discussion with Ayos, he lifted a brow and just avoided rolling his eyes at her. Focussing back on Rio, he continued, giving a single nod.

"Yeah sure. Everybody can learn how to fight, with a bit of dedication and no fear of a couple of bruises. See what and if you want to do anything of spells on it and then come to see me. As said, I’ll need a moment or two to get the hang of the thing, but I don’t doubt you’ll be able to fight with it in no time. A bit of practice once in a while will be necessary though. As every skill, you need to hone it."

+++++++

Giving a quick look at the rift, Katelyn bowed at Hyro and took a single step backwards. Turning on her heels, she made her way out of his rooms and back down the hallways. Laying contact with Sleet, she sounded near to exasperated.

Bad news. Hyro as much told me to bug off.

So the nuisance calls the shots?

Apparently.

Want the nuisance to have a head less?

Katelyn chuckled as she descended the stairs and shook her head, though Sleet couldn’t see.

Oh how much I’d want to say yes to that question. But I fear we better lay low.

I think you’d best not wander off without me anymore. At least until the nuisance is gone.

Thanks, but you know that’s not always possible.

We’ll see.

Arriving back at her quarters, Katelyn looked at her door and shook her head. Deciding to go and get a little workout, she headed over to the training field, Sleet crawling out of his stable and following her like a dog. Deciding to skip dinner and just let something come to her quarters, Katelyn kept practising until nightfall, while the anticipation of what was to come that night bubbled in Sleet like a festering ulcer.

((*Pounces Kja andd straps to pole* There now you can't leave.))

"I don't have any but there was this really awesome place in the city. Once a month Rio would have me slip out of the castle and fetch her some. The owner had a funney way of speaking. Although, Gelltor always seemed to know when I had gone. It was really frustrating." He said in response to Questra.

"Alright, I will go and enchant it now. I'm full anyways. You can practice and show me as you learn yourself, it'll be fun. Ayos decided to interject at this point and spoke pointedly. "Could you teach her how to use a sling as well. That way we can get more distance with her marbles and thuse decrese the chances of getting hit with her own magic." Rio nodded in agreement with Ayos "That would be pretty cool too." She said before excusing herself from the group to go and aquire her halbard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gelltor was making his way through the streets. he had just left his contact with a letter in hand. It was the letter from the spy. The message was simple and of little value. It basically confirmed what Katelyn had already suscpected. The NDK were going to the dwarves next. The castle was much closer now and Gelltor quickened his pace as the sun began it's descent. "Where in the castle is she?" "I saw her and Sleet head out to the training fields. I'll let you know of any changes."

As Rio left the hall, Questra slowly padded up to Matthew.

Now now, lucky you have some experience. Isn’t it?

How do you mean?

Oh Matthew, could you teach me? Of course, no problem. Oh Matthew, you’re sooo strong!

Eyes going wide, he made a swiping motion with his leg to his hatchling, who nimbly jumped aside. Grabbing the sword, he stood up and moved over to one of the servants, asking to find him a good scabbard for the sword. Afterwards, he moved to the training field of the place in order to get some exercise. Questra padded after him, still chuckling once a while. Despite the fact they had not exactly had a moment to spare, Matthew hadn’t been able to train in quite a while. Though several of the group decided to just rest or hang around a bit, there were still a couple like Matthew who wanted to use their free time to hone their own skills.

Coming to the training field, he first stretched and warmed up a bit, after which he went through several training moves with the sword. Once his muscles were warm enough and ready, he called over one of the guards of the place and asked to spar. Crossing their blades, they bowed their heads and started the practice fight.

+++++++

Still angry enough about the encounter with the ‘nuisance” – as they had dubbed the assassin – Katelyn had enough energy for quite a long training. By the time dusk fell, she headed back to her quarters, doggedly followed by Sleet. After ordering a servant to fetch her some dinner, she entered her rooms and decided to take a quick bath to rinse of the sweat before she would eat. Sleet took this time to groom himself inside his stable and then stretched out with his head in Katelyn’s quarters. At a knock on the door, Katelyn slipped out of the bath and quickly donned some loose training shift. Taking the food from the servant and kicking the door closed again, Sleet finally spoke again.

Don’t eat too much.

Why that?

For tonight.

Oh.

You’re not planning on scrabbling out of it, do you?

Not exactly looking forward to it either.

It’ll be okay.

But Katelyn could hear the nervousness in Sleet’s mental voice as well. Remembering the plan for that night, she suddenly lost her appetite and couldn’t get more inside her stomach than a small bread roll and a couple of small pieces of dried meat. Shoving the plate aside, she moved back behind the hiding screen and laid down on her bed. Sleet huffed and just stared around, waiting for Gelltor to appear.

By the time Gelltor was standing outside Katelyn's quarters he had more then calmed down and the sun was well into setting. Malice remained in hi stable eying the new gray dragon from Katrina's father angrily. Despite his desire to rip the dragon apart he had to follow Gelltor's orders. Gelltor in the meantime knocked on Katelyn's door announcing his arrival.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos watched the altercation between Questra and Matt and chuckled. "What did you say to make him kick at you?" He asked in good humor. As the pair left the dining room as well. A few of the others were beginning to depart from the table. Ayos decided to stick about for a while longer.

Questra just threw in and grin and lifted a wing as if shrugging like a human.

Just teasin' a bit... I'm going to check out his training and try to let him focus, before he cuts of his fingers or hand or arm or...

Padding away after Matthew, the horse hatchling stayed at the edge of the training field. Keeping an eye on him, she occassionally gave him a tip or two through their mental link. Though she was a dragon, she knew where his weaknesses were out of previous trainings. He fought 2 guards and though he lost from the first, he was able to win from the second by regaining a bit of his agility. As he was wiping the sweat from his brow, Questra was laying on the ground, perfectly poised like a horse would lay. Her right ear flicked back and forth to make a fly buzz off.

Do you plan on teaching Rio something today?

Don't know... teaching might be difficult still today. I best first get the hang of that weapon of hers before I teach her, why?

You should spend a little time each day training your magic as well.

Right... but it exhausts me so.

It will exhaust you less in time and with training.

What do you want?

Go and sit down somewhere quiet.

Yes, boss.

Moving to a shady spot near the wall of the building, Matthew sat down and took a deep breath. Questra sat down on her haunches besides him.

I'm not a pro in this, but I think this might work. Close your eyes and slow your breathing, calm down.

Now focus on my voice, don't move or speak. Just do what I say.

Focus on your breath, in, out, in, out.

Follow your breath inside your body and try to go inside yourself.

Feel your muscles, tense them one by one and release them again.

Focus on the muscles in your left leg, first the muscles in your upper leg.

Do you feel a tension, a certain warm or maybe even slightly painful feeling in these muscles?

Then focus on the muscle and imagine reaching out with tiny fingers, touching the muscle.

Now keep those tiny fingers on the muscle and seek your magic.

Find the source of your magic, you should be able to sense it going through your body.

If you find it, touch the stream of magic as well and imagine letting a drop of magic slide through the hand touching the magic and going out into the muscle.

Then release the muscle and continue.

Do this all with every tense or painful muscle you touch.

Questra pulled away from him and observed him while Matthew stayed in this near to meditational state.

+++++++

Opening her eyes again, Katelyn listened to the knock on her door. Sleet lifted his head and huffed.

You going to open the door?

Letting out a deep sigh, Katelyn stood up from her bed and moved to the door. Opening it just a crack, she peeked out.

"What do you want?"

Let the man inside, Katelyn.

Sleet spoke into both Katelyn's as well as Gelltor's mind. With obvious reluctance, Katelyn opened the door more and motioned for Gelltor to come in. Closing the door again behind him, Sleet instructed her to lock it as well. It was apparent that the dragon was taking command here now. Once again, he spoke to both of them.

Gelltor, if you would be as kind to lock the door of my stable? And to shift the screen so that part of it blocks the hidden door in the wall. It's from the sixth stone from the left in the far left corner from the door to the eleventh stone form the left. Katelyn, help him push your desk against the screen. The last thing we want is some 'nuisance' to suddenly stumble inside. I'd help, but this room isn't exactly made to my proportions. Make sure the window is secure.

Katelyn eyes both Sleet as well as Gelltor with a near to suspicious look in her eyes. She moved almost as if being stiff in her limbs. The tentacle did what she wanted, but once in a while it seemed to shiver.

"I was summoned. Just follow command's sir." He said confidently before walking in after invited. He was barely in the door when it was locked behind him and he recieved a series of instructions from Sleet He gave a nod and moved out to close off Sleet's stable door and lock it. With that small task complete he returned and made his way to the screen and moved it as instructed before working with Katelyn to move the desk. "What's going on?" "It seems that Sleet is nervous. Something must have happened while I was out." "Figures." "Your telling me." Gelltor was willing to follow Sleet's instructions since they seemed to have purpose. Something about a nuisance. Once all this was done Gelltor spoke. "Gelltor reporting as ordered sir." He had been called back by Katelyn after all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio came out of the room with the newly enchanted Halbard. Ayos had left the table earlier to fetch a sling for her to use the enchanted marble with. He now sat in front of the room's door with it at his feet. "Fine, I'll use the sling too." She said sighing as she knelt to pick it up off the ground. "You suppose he is ready?" "Doubt it, you dropped a pretty big one on him. He's probably out trying to get warmed up and maybe even grapple with his thoughts. Course if you had offered to help him with his magic you could already be there." Ayos added slyly before getting up and waiting for Rio to pick a destination. "Oh, that's a good idea!" Rio began making her way to the training field when Ayos interjected. "Easy there zippy. Let him come to you. He will eventually. For now you should learn how to at least hold the stupid thing from the quarter master." Rio nodded in agreement, she didn't want to make a complete fool of herself in front of Matt. So she went to the quarter master and asked for instructions on how to hold the Halbard. He sighed but showed her anyways.

Matthew finally came out of his trance and took a shuddering breath.

So?

Slowly standing up, Matthew stretched for a short time and slowly nodded.

I think I got most of the sore muscles. It’s not perfect, but I think I got the hang of what you meant. Gave me some insight in how the body functions, how to guide my magic to help the body and such.

Just go calm. Aiding sore muscles is not exactly the same as repairing a deathly wound. How are you feeling in general?

A little bit tired. But okay I think.

With practice things will go easier and with lot less energy loss. If you go into a trance like now, you’ll see you will lose less energy than when you don’t. And over time you might gain the knowledge of how to gain energy so you won’t faint on a battlefield when helping.

You have such knowledge?

I know it exists, but I don’t have it. It’s also a trick to be very careful with. When used too often, it can make your body degenerate much faster than regular age can. When used too heavily at one time, it can make your body get too much energy to contain. Nobody ever succeeded in telling what the effect of that was…

Ah…

Yes. You have a very helpful magic, a good magic. But a dangerous as well. Use it wisely.

Matthew nodded and checked out the air. It was getting dark and he still wanted to get his hands on that halberd Rio wanted him to teach how to fight with. Teaching her would have to wait, that was for sure. But the faster he had it to practice with, the better he could teach her. Guided by helpful servants, he made his way over to the armory. Here he found Rio trying out some stances with the halberd and being completely unaware of him entering. Leaning against the wall, he grinned.

+++++++

Katelyn shrugged slightly as Gelltor spoke his last words. But it was once again Sleet who took up command.

It is obvious someone is reluctant to proceed.

Katelyn, where is the gem?

Rolling her eyes, the second in command went to her desk and reach below it. A small click sounded and a previously unseen latch came out of the side of the desk. Pulling it, another click sounded and a small hatch opened underneath the desk. With her human hand she reached in and pulled out a black cloth wrapped tightly with a silk cord.

Gelltor, take it.

Katelyn, please lay down on the bed in the meanwhile. [/color]

The next words he spoke only to Gelltor, efficiently blocking his own rider from his thoughts.

I do not know how this will end, neither do I know if it will be effective or how long it will take. All I know is that I am fearful. For the effect the gem has on the tentacle, it might as well kill her. In the best case, it will alarm Hyro and he will kill us all. I am not going to ask you if you are sure you want to help us with this, I am not going to let you back out of it. Whatever is behind the tentacle has to go. It is becoming too dangerous. You have to tie her to her bed, tightly so she can’t escape. I’d say to bind the tentacle too, but that is quite impossible. The purpose it to keep the gem in contact with the tentacle, whatever happens. I won’t be of much help as for starters I cannot enter the rooms and I will be quite busy fighting the pain alongside Katelyn. Is everything clear?

Katelyn, are you ready.

No.

Good enough. Gelltor will bind you for your own safety. Please allow him to do so.

It was almost strange to see how near to unresponsive Katelyn was. The thing inside the tentacle could not yet be aware of what was to happen, but Katelyn’s state of mind and anxiety made it twitchy. Katelyn took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Turning her head on her pillow, she locked her eyes with those of the ice dragon.

I’m afraid, Sleet.

I’m here.

"Your enjoying this aren't you?" "A little." Malice chuckled in his stable quietly before checking up on the other gray again. Gelltor nodded his understanding to the pair. Cut some cord from a nearby curtain and used it to bind Katelyn tightly to the bed. He then too the gem from her and unwrapped the cloth. "Bare with me sir." He said to Katelyn as his only form of comfort. He stood on the side of her bed that had the tentacle and in one hand held the gem while the other now held his shield. He didn't know what the thing was capable of but had seen enough to expect retaliation. He suddenly placed the gem against the tentacle shoulder, the spot he figured that would have the least flexibility, and pushed to make sure it stayed in place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After countless stances and acquiring very sore legs and arms Rio called it quits. "Ok, I think I'm done now." "Good cause it seems you have a guest" The quartermaster pointed out to Rio. She turned around and saw Matthew standing there. Too tired to be dramatic she blankly asked. "How long have you been watching?" Even through her weariness, the fact that she was embarrassed showed. Ayos decided it was time to leave which was exactly what he did. "All yours tiger" He whispered teasingly to Matthew as he passed him on the way out.

Questra snorted and shook her head. She flipped her tail out, trying to let Ayos trip over it, while Matthew grinned and shrugged lightly in reply to Rio.

“Not long. Just long enough to see you… practicing.”

Another grin and he pushed himself away from the wall. Reaching out, he took the weapon from her and tested its weight. Finding its balance he let it lean in his hand for a moment and then nodded.

“Give me an hour or two tomorrow to get the basic hang of this thing and I’ll teach you some defensive and aggressive moves with it. In the meanwhile, you might want to start training a bit to get your muscles worked up. Throwing marbles around isn’t exactly as swinging a halberd full force to cleave an opponent in half. It takes a lot more physical strength. Don’t overdo it, you have to build it up gradually. Start out tomorrow before breakfast with running a few laps. Take a light breakfast and run a couple more. Then come and look a while at my practice with it to get an idea of what kind of movements you can do with it. In order to get your arm muscles strengthened up, you might want to do some pumping exercises. About twelve times a day, ten pumps to start with each time, building it up to fifty. In a day of six you’ll be able to fight with it as if you’ve done nothing else. Or at least good enough not to get your head cut off.”

The last he said with a wink, after which he left the room, the halberd resting against his shoulder.

Rattlesnake. You’re planning on getting some exercise with it already, aren’t you?

Meh, plenty of time to rest when you’re death.

+++++++

Sleet braced himself, but was still unable to catch the full impact of the gem. The searing pain which came through the link between him and Katelyn made him gasp. His claws dug into the floor, nails scraping over the stone floor. Katelyn in the meanwhile was not faring much better as she got the full force of the pain of the tentacle. The thing tried to lash out and squirmed, trying to get away. It elongated and tried to lash out at Gelltor, but each time met the shield.

Back arched upwards, neck muscles taut and her whole body resting on merely her heels and the top of her head as the rest of her body was lifted off the bed, Katelyn was a show of inconvenience. She had been wise enough to put a piece of leather between her teeth, which muffled her screams and kept her from biting of her tongue. Nevertheless blood slowly dripped from the corners of her mouth as well as her nose and her eyes turned away, showing only the whites.

Sleet tried to keep his muzzle shut, but feeling the agony and pain was becoming too much for him. He didn’t want to leave his rider, but he didn’t want to risk them getting detected because of his either. About ten minutes into the agony, he suddenly slammed the doors of his stable into pieces and flew outside. He kept the link to Katelyn, but brought his physical form to the forest, where he could trash, break and roar as much as he could without alerting anyone.

Katelyn in the meanwhile seemed to have lost consciousness, her body merely reacting with reflexes. Her whole body stayed rigid, shaking and twisting with pain, her skin going from pale to sheet white. The tentacle in the meanwhile seemed to lose strength. It kept slamming at the shield of Gelltor, but over time it obviously weakened. It had problems keeping one form. It too seemed to pale from middle grey to pale grey.

Finally, after what seemed to be near on three hours, Katelyn fell limp. The tentacle didn’t move anymore and the gem no longer seemed to have any effect on it. Katelyn didn’t move though and remained unconscious. It was Sleet who gave the first sign of live by contacting Malice, unable to contact a human from that far which was not his rider.

Malice, please ask Gelltor what happened. I sense Katelyn, but I cannot reach her.

Almost the moment the gem made contact with the tentacle did the blasted thing start lashing out at the one putting it in such pain. Gelltor had raised his shield several times to defend himself from the gray mass's savage attacks. Each time he did so the dull thunk of flesh on metal sounded out. The tentacle had been striking with such force as to make the shield vibrate which made the man's arm's numb. Still a small smile danced on the man's lips as he watched the woman writhe and scream out, albeit muffled by the leather but screaming in essence none the less. Although the pounding, thrumming, and silent screaming continued for what felt like an eternity, it did finally end with her slumping into unconsciousness on her bed. After a moment of confirmation that the gem was in fact no longer effecting the tentacle he did remove it to massage his arm. During that massage he found a large dent in his shield. "Tsk, really? Blasted tentacle." "Sleet want's to know what's going on." "She's fine, just out cold. You know she looks almost attractive, still a tool is a tool." "...Umm..." "Ugh, I am a human being, contrary to popular belief, and I can think a woman is pretty. Just inform Sleet that she is just resting, I have to start undoing the bindings. Try to worm out more information about this nuisance he mentioned." Gelltor began to undo the bindings. "Your rider is fine Sleet. She is just unconscious. Can you tell me more about this nuisance you mentioned before all this started?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos stumbled over the tail but didn't fall. "Oi, what are you trying to do, kill me?" He said in a hushed voice rather grumpily.

Rio's cheeks went a very slight shade of pink when he said practicing. "Oh...you saw that. I didn't want to make a complete fool of myself is all." She said humbly. She listened to him as he tested her weapon's balance, before resting it on his shoulder to continue talking. She took mental note of what he said. When he left she recounted what was needed to do as she made her way out. "Ok, so gotta run laps before breakfast, do pumps...what the heck is a pump?" "Seriously? Man you are soo doomed." Ayos had stayed behind with Rio when the other two left. "Well then what is a pump smarty pants?" Ayos sighed and sat down. "Lay down with the flats of your hands on either side of your shoulders. Toes against the ground but heels in the air, yep. Now push against the ground with your hands until they are fully extended, no keep your back straight!" Rio pushed up doing one with little difficulty once she got the posture right. " Good now do it again but don't lay against the ground when you go back down." Rio did it again with only a little more difficulty. Ayos had her repeat it ten times. When she was done she collapsed on the ground exhausted. "Ok, that's hard." "Well, at least that's what I think he means. I could be way off mark." Rio shot her dragon a withering glare. He smiled and made his way to their room.

Questra chuckled, it sounding near to a whinny like a horse, after which she followed Matthew. They went to the inside practice hall, which was deserted anyhow at this time of the evening. It would be less chilly than outside and there were enough candles to light the place as much as he needed.

Finding a cozy corner with some bales of hay, the horse dragon first took a few bites of the hay and then curled up on them. The bales were probably there to pad the ground in case of practice fights which might draw blood. It would make the ground less slick and would make it easier to clean up afterwards.

Standing in the middle of the room, Matthew made some slow moves with the halberd and then went faster. After about an hour or two, he found he had the hang of it. Though he didn’t know any specific training moves for this kind of weapon, he found he could use those he knew for the sword and just adapt them slightly in order to be effective on length.

Finishing up, he pushed a toe against Questra to wake her up and they went to the room they had been assigned to sleep in. Laying both the halberd and his sword underneath his bed, Matthew lay down and fell asleep almost immediately.

((Can a new day be started or will something happen? Dungeon Master: enlighten us, please tongue.gif.)

+++++++

Katelyn remained unconscious and there was a big chance she would remain so the rest of the night. Whether or not the influence in the tentacle was gone or merely exhausted, was still a question. For the time being it seemed to be completely gone, but there was still a tentacle attached to her of course…

Very well, I shall come back. A- in a few moments. I need to get back some strength first. A nuisance? Hmm… I am not sure if I can impart such information. But then again, your rider did assist us just now. If he is willing to remain on guard with Katelyn until she regains consciousness, I shall inform you. It is not safe for her to be in an unprotected state just now.

Hyro felt… something change as he was working with the rift although he couldn’t leave it like this unsupervised and if he closed it he wouldn’t have the energy to open it again for a while. His suspicions were confirmed a few minutes later when a large reptilian eye appeared at the rift, staring at him.

”Your sacrifice has severed her connection to me.” It intoned in its jarring way, making Hyro shudder slightly.

“What Sacrifice? I offered you no such thing.” Hyro asked, slightly worried. He had no real idea what he was doing with this thing and if it was starting to take liberties it was very worrying.

”The girl. You asked me to attach an appendage to her, my influence has been seeping through. She was to be my vessel into your world.”

“She was to be no such thing, Lucifer. You must remember I control your freedom. Do not try anything like this again daemon.”

”You control less than you think tiny human.” The eye disappeared and the Rift closed, not of Hyro’s volition.

((Dun, dun, DUUUUUUUUNNNN.))

((Nah I've just been stalling here 'cos I'm lazy. Also, someone new may be joining soon. A new day can be started but then they'll be leaving for the dwarf-place.))

Edited by Kjakings

*slinks in to sit and observe from a high vantage point*

Soooooo....... What's been a happening of late peoples? DS is totally far too lazy to skim read much. All she's gathered is that Taja's nowhere near as grumpy as she should be, that this is hardly the swiftest moving RP in existence, there's something new about an assassin, and Hyro's still a crazy git with far too much power.

Whiiiiich, means I miiiiiiight be able to pooooooossibly come back..... Providing no-one minds museless, short and altogether fail-tastic postings, and a severe lack of remembering and organising skills. =/

((@DS: well as for me, I have two characters running around. One is Katelyn, on the side of Hyro. She became second-in-command after Taja got more or less dissed by Hyro. And after some kind of disobedience from... eh someone who isn't in the RP anymore, Hyro cut of an arm and replaced it with some kind of tentacle. At this moment the 'evil influence' which ran in the tentacle seems to have disappeared due to contact with a gem Drac threw her. And she's annoyed at Hyro's personal assassin. My other char is Matthew, on the NDK side. He's currently training... lol. And in all, I'm more or less waiting. Katelyn is unconscious and Matthew sleeping...))

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((I now also have Rio on the NDK side of things in addition to Gelltor who is running a smear campaign [amongst other personal projects] against the NDK that Kiara seems hellbent to ruin.))

"Gelltor, he says he will share if you guard Katelyn tonight." Gelltor cursed under his breath and sighed. "He's getting clever, very well, I shall guard her until she comes around and kicks me out." "Alright Sleet, Gelltor has agreed to guard her until she wakes up. So you can take your time getting here. Now tell me about this nuisance" Malice said trying to impress on Sleet the importance of sharing information as soon as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rio and Ayos arrived at her room and she fell into her bed, without even changing or crawling under the blankets she fell asleep. Rio was grateful to have a bed made of something other than dirt, stone and roots for a change. Ayos watched her for a moment before curling up on the floor beside her bed to get some rest himself.

((And when i go, into an inn, fifteen seconds it's day again.))

((*rolls over the floor about the inn-comment* Anyhows, I'm going to let someone else start up the new day for our fearless NDK's.. And ACK short post. Sorry... my muse took off and crashed on a deserted island. Rescue operations have started but are still looking for the necessary money.))

Sleet huffed and started to try and gather his strength together. The faster he could get back to his rider, the better he'd feel. Unfortunately he had made too much of a ruckus to find anything worth eating within the vicinity. Getting energy and strength back took far too long for him without some meat.

We got company from Hyro's Master Assassin. Slid through a crack in the wall, so to say, and more or less threathened Katelyn. She even went so far as to go and ask Hyro, but he rules in favor of his assassin. In short, she's got to kneel before the assassin - or the nuisance as we dubbed him - or he kills her.

Edited by BlackScorpion7

((Ok Imma take the lead this time.))

Malice listened to Sleet's explination and passed what he learned onto Gelltor. "...tsk I didn't know about such a man. This could prove problematic, god it seems the closer I think I am the farther away I realize the goal is. At this rate we may have to resort to plan 'b' Malice." He said sighing as he awaited Sleet's arrival. "Jeeze, you would think that Hyro doesn't trust you. I mean I know he doesn't trust Gelltor and me but you guys are pretty loyal. At least you look it. He said tauntingly to Sleet, although whether he meant it as a threat or as playful banter was unclear.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn drifted gently through the window of Rio's room and sunlight illuminated the once dark room apparently focusing on the sleeping form of Ayos on the floor by Rio's bed. The Magi Dragon drifted into wakefulness as his eyes slowly opened. "...uggghh...." Rio was already awake and changed by the time Ayos had woken up. She was in the middle of tying up her ponytail. "Ugggh? Sounds a lot like, this is what I get for gorging on food last night, and then teasing my rider for no apparent reason. Also my muscles hurt cause I'm a lazy bum so I should join Rio in physical training." She ranted teasingly to Ayos who merely glared from his spot before offering his short retaliation. "At least I don't black out after only ten pumps." Rio spun on her heel when she finished. "Brat, is that how you great your friend in the morning." "It is when she says mean things to me before I even eat breakfast." Ayos said stretching on the floor before standing up proper. Rio smiled and stroked her dragon's head affectionately. "Fair enough, lets get something to eat. Then, I will make fun of you." They made their way out of her room laughing slightly.

((Sorry for the lame post. It's been a bit busy dry.gif ))

+++++++

Sleet decided to ignore the taunt of Malice and focussed upon getting his strength back. Already able to get the use of his legs back, he had started to crash his way through the forest. Flying was out of the question as yet, being too exhausted and sore to keep himself up in the air longer than the time needed to crash down again. Once in a while a rabbit or other small animal got scared out of their houses by his ruckus and stampede, at which he snatched at them. Though three rabbits, a ferret and two wild chickens could not exactly count as a satisfying meal, it already helped him to keep going.

+++++++

Matthew and Questra in the meanwhile had been up quiet a while. Well, at least Matthew had. Even before the sun had come up, he had gone off to train some more. The horse dragon on the other hand had decided to keep to the hay she used as a bed. When the sun finally touched her patch of hay, she stretched, yawned widely and decided to go into search of something hearty to eat as breakfast. Arriving at the dining room, she noted just a few of the other NDK had risen, but luckily for her several servants were already bringing enough food for a breakfast-feast-meal. Grinning, sharp teeth showing despite the fact she was mainly a hay eater, she trotted off to the nearest table.

+++++++

Ayos made a grand entrance for Ayos and himself as they entered the dinning room behind Questra. "Sustinance is needed, for we are rested and eager to kick butt.", the orange dragon said trying to to laugh. Rio laughed at the magi dragon's antics though as she followed in behind him. "Hey Questra, where's Matt?" Rio asked when she spotted and caught up with Questra.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gallter was not happy. He had stayed up all night watching over Katelyn's sleeping form and had gotten no sleep himself. While he didn't mind that as much when he was out on patrol when he was in the castle he needed to be sharp all the time with Hyro around. He couldn't risk resting last night because he was watching out for 'the nuisance' and Malice couldn't take any watches cause it would be hard to explain the grey dragon's presance in Sleet's stable.

Questra swallowed an apple whole and only then turned her head to look at Ayos and Rio. Rolling her eyes slightly, she swished her tail as if swatting at a fly and quickly grabbed another apple before someone else could.

Where do you think? He woke me far too early with his swishing and waving and bending. I send him off to the training field before I woke up again with a ear less. Or a leg. Haven't seen him since so if I have to take a wild guess... training field.

Throwing the apple up slightly, she caught it in her muzzle and bit only once before swallowing again.

+++++++

Sleet succeeded in getting back just before dawn, coming through the main gate instead of flying. He dragged the carcass of a deer along, glaring angrily at the guards to try and confront him. Dropping the carcass before his stable, he entered the stable and shoved his head through into the living area. Muzzle still dripping blood from the recent kill, he first looked at Katelyn and then glared at Gelltor.

I came as fast as I could. But the forest is not a handy place for a dragon on foot. You can leave now. Oh and... thank you. It shames me I could not be here for her. I'm glad someone was. Even if it was you.

Turning, he dragged the carcass inside his stable and started to pull large hunks of flesh and skin of it, swallowing it and gaining strength by the bite. The moment it was finished, he licked his talons and paws clean as well as his muzzle. The sun was gaining altitude and outside life was slowly starting up again. Laying his head down inside the living area, his eyes locked on Katelyn.

The sun rose signaling to both rider and dragon that Gelltor would get no sleep. Malice however had fallen asleep so naturally. "Fooood!" Came the mental yell just before Gelltor responded to Sleet. "Get it yourself. We will leave for a country wide patrol the moment this rebellion is over so the next eight months will be spent keeping you in shape. Malice snorted in discontent and decided that it would rain all day today. So he conjured up rain clouds before going off to hunt. Gelltor glared at the window as the rain came pouring down. "Your welcome Sleet, be sure she does this every night until such time as we can remove it without Hyro killing us shortly afterword. However, I can not stay up for every single night, I will need rest and Hyro will notice if I stop being active during the day. You should spend the day thinking of a solution to the problem." He said plainly while he unstrapped Katelyn and hid the rope under her bed. He then left her private quarters closing the door behind him. The rain was relatively heavy, obviously a sign that Gelltor had been spoiling Malice. There was a flash of lightening int eh distance followed by the sound of thunder, probably Malice stunning with the force of the lightening whatever it was that he had found for food. Most of the slaves running about were displeased with the rain however because Gelltor practically lived with the dragon it was a normal thing for him. He made his way to his room so that he could recap and plan out his next set of actions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos was shocked, nay, horrified as Questra ate the last apple. He checked the bowl they had been delivered in to find that it was assuredly empty. "Aaaahh! You wretched horse dragon you ate all the apples!" He exclaimed in dismay. However his sorrows were alleviated when more were brought in. True Ayos was a meat eater but he was also intelligent and sometimes got bored of eating meat. Rio snatched one of the apples from the new bowl before anyone else could get to it as she sat next to Ayos.

((Notice: I'll be off for a couple of weeks, no internet. I'll be back online the second week of August! Feel free to do with Katelyn, Sleet, Matthew and Questra what you want. Just don't make them go out of character too hard and don't kill them? Thanks!!))

+++++++

Sleet nodded in reply. He was still quite hungry at well, but he wasn't going to abandon his rider at this moment. Besides, the walk back to the castle had tired him a tad too much. Dragons were meant to fly, not to walk. Making sure Gelltor closed the door tightly shut after him, he laid down on his stable with his head sticking out inside the living quarters.

+++++++

Questra snorted and rolled her eyes at Ayos' exclamation.

Food a plenty, chap. Don't make a fuzz. Pass me those berries if you want?

Just at that moment Matthew entered the food hall. He had obviously showered before coming there, his hair still wet and dripping slightly and his shirt clean. Plopping himself down on a bench next to where Questra was sitting, he elbowed the horse dragon. Looking at her pointedly, he spoke out loud.

"Other people get food as well, don't grab it all for yourself!"

Bu-buwha! I didn't!

Grinning, Matthew reached over and took a cinamon roll and bread roll, asking for the butter and jam.

+++++++

((Oh my god what a lame post... so sorry. I definitely (with an I, not an A) need some time off to let my brains air rolleyes.gif ))

((long overdue, soory v.v *is ashamed*))

Ayos passed Questra the bowl of berries as asked before chomping into his apple. "Sho, you gon shrain chewday?" He asked Matthew and Rio around a mouthfull of apple. "Yep, oh that reminds me. One." She cloated Ayos over the head. "Don't talk with your mouth full, it's rude. Two, I will be requesting that You learn a trick or two from Bramble and practice long term flight with...ooohh I can't remember her name but Taja's other dragon." Ayos was shocked, he had seen the harsh training that Drac's dragon was going through. "...Really?" Rio had bitten into her apple so she finished chewing first. "Yes really. Now eat up so that you don't run out of energy." Ayos groaned in dismay once again.

((*shuffles in, hoping that this isn't completely quite dead yet*))

Drac had gotten up, had a hearty soldier’s breakfast and began sorting out the preparations for their departure from the old castle. Rounding up the New DragonKnights to the courtyard they were all shown the horses they had been given from the stables and the supplies that could not be easily carried by the other horses were loaded on to pack animals. This would not be a wild dash across the countryside, it was to be an orderly but brisk march.

Looking out across the assembled soldiers under his command, he said nothing and simply mounted up and led the procession out, to little fanfare. Everyone knew that the resistance was a fledgling thing yet, and did not want to invest too much hope in it for it could always still fail.

((Far from. Scorpian was on vaycay but she said she would be back in about a week from now. But You still have me tongue.gif ))

Rio was a bit dissapointed that she didn't get some time to practice with Matthew but it couldn't be helped. When Drac said it was time to move, they moved. Both Ayos and Rio had managed to finish eating before Drac had called the NDK to gather. They were given horses to carry their stuff for the march to the dwarf's mountains or wherever it was they were going. "Heheheheh, no super hard training today." "Like hell, once we stop I will be making arrangements with Drac." Rio said leering at Ayos who seemed to wither under the stare.