WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

((Sorry. For some reason I thought no one had posted here for quite a while. I should have checked better. In my defense, we were moving.))

Illonea ate her meal hungrily. At the beginning of the meal she was too busy eating to contribute to the conversation. When the others mentioned the princess some vague unease stirred in her head, but she pushed it away and gave the a wide smile.

"Shall I go and wake her up? I know she's pregnant and all, but that means it is even more important that she eats something."

Zella glanced around before answering the Drow's question, since no one else seemed to want to volunteer an answer.

"That'd be a good idea," the dragon replied, poking at a bone with her... fork, she thought it was called. It had taken her some time to get used to the utensils, but she still thought there were too many of them to be useful.

Her thoughts turned to pregnancy, and something in her belly squirmed at the thought. She identified it as a desire, and excitement for having young. The dragon-woman was at the age for her first nesting, and she knew the crabbiness that all young, female dragons got was approaching fast. Zella shifted her seat, staring down at her plate; it was about the size of an egg, only a bit smaller though. It needed a more oblong shape to look like an egg, but the colour was similar. She hid her thoughts from Luna, thinking more about how she could gain a nest of hatchlings in the near future.

"That would be nice if you could," Luna replied when Illonea volunteered to check on the princess. "We'll be waiting down here for you."

Luna could have sworn Zella started to think of something more along the lines of being pregnant, but then it went away. She just shrugged it off as nothing though since pregnancy did come up just now.

Lorpez stiffened suddenly at the mention of the princess. He listened, a muscle in his cheek twitched as the others seemed to agree for Illonea to wake her up. "I-I don't think that's a good idea..." he murmured suddenly, lifting his chin off his hand and resting both hands on the table. "She's been through a lot- perhaps sleep is best for the time being." He said this rather hastily, as if he was trying to come up with an excuse to not go and wake her up. He sighed before rubbing his exhausted looking face with his hands. He needed sleep as well...but it only came with guilt and dark dreams that he'd awake from three minutes later, drenched with sweat.

((Hum...I wanna play Syko again... but right now he's...somewhere... T-T ))

((Ha, anyone still alive?))

((Er, maybe? o-o I'll have to reply, when I'm not half asleep before school... XD))

((sorry sorry sorry! >.< I'll post now))

Luna considered what Lorpez just said, staring at the other. She then noticed how tired he looked himself.

"Perhaps you should get some more sleep yourself," she suggested to him, "we'll be staying in this city for awhile, so you can go rest as you need."

Mostly what Luna planned to do was speak more to the resistance about their plan in retaking the city.

Zella blinked, turning her gaze toward the Drow. He looked nervous, and exhausted. The former wasn't uncommon for him, since the odd curse he had was very powerful, but the latter was a little concerning. The dragon-turned-human brushed her hair out of her face, frowning about it.

"When can I change back?" she muttered unhappily. "This form is getting annoying."

Not to mention hard to maintain. Her magic was being unruly and she could feel scales trailing up her spine like insects, until she forced them to change back into the soft skin of a human.

Lorpez sighed, frowning down at the surface of the table. "I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, it seems like all the demons in the hells are trying to drag me down," he murmured softly, before yawning and rubbing his eyes again. He half listened to Zella's complaint, before he put in his own question. "When do we leave this city?" He didn't want to stay here any longer- not with all the evils lurking around and the dark entrails of magic trying to web everyone into a state of madness. If their time of departure was 'when we help this city revolt', then he was going to leave as soon as he stepped out of the inn. He was going to break with the influence over his curse so strong. With Illonea already under the curse, he wanted to leave before he dragged anyone else into the curse with him.

Illonea had hesitated at Lorpez words. But then she jumped up, determined.

"She has rested the whole night and half of the day is past. She can't be that exhausted."

She turned from the table and hurried up the stairs.

She knocked on Saphira's door and when she got no reply she entered. "Princess Saphira?"

The princess didn't stir.

"You can leave whenever you want, Lorpez, if you don't want to stay," Luna answered him after Illonea had left. She anticipated Illonea's return to hear about the princess. It wouldn't be good if something happened to her, and since no where was really safe, anything could have happened.

"Zella, perhaps we should heat out ourselves to stretch our wings. We'll need to be careful though because of what happened last time," Veren said to the red dragon.

(( Argh, I really have no idea what to post... >_< I'm stuck in a stalemate and I'm starting to wish that there were a bit more people in this RP (which is weird for me). >_> I think someone needs to hit me over the head with something hard and drag my body someplace where I can sober up (figuratively). ))

((Should we time skip or something? Get to an important part?))

((And what would that be?))

"I can't wake Saphire!" Illonea shouted. She ran down the stairs her eyes wide. "Her breathing is so shallow I thought she was dead!"

The drow girl started to sob. On occasions like these it showed that she was still a child.

There was no memory of what she had done in her mind.

((Haven't the foggiest. Was there some sort of back-up plan?))

Stretching her wings sounded like the best decision that could be made all day; but being attacked again could put a damper on the occasion.

"Indeed," Zella murmured to Veren, glancing toward Luna.

She poked the elf mentally, extending an offer to join them on a flight in the skies away from the city.

Illonea broke that chain of thought, wailing about the Princess and thudding down the stairs. She reached the diner part of the inn and broke into tears, causing the dragon to frown in concern. Zella glanced toward Luna again, wondering what to do about the crying Drow. She'd never seen one of the dark beings in this state before, and it made her realise just how young the girl was, and how little she knew about the species.

When Illonea came running down, exclaiming about the princess, Luna turned her attention to the female Drow and was shocked to hear what she said. She wasn't expecting the sobs from the girl, and as such she swiftly stood and was then wrapping her arms around Illonea.

"Shh," she whispered, "we'll get a doctor to come look at her. Calm down."

Zella, you and Veren can go ahead and stretch your wings. I'll have to join you later after the doctor looks at Illonea, she replied to the red dragon, also letting Veren hear the message too.

Veren nodded and stood, placing an hand on Zella's arm to gently lead her from the place. There wasn't much either of them could do, so for now it was best to let Luna and the others handle things.

Illonea sniffed. "Okay, okay." She took deep breathes and tried to calm herself down. "what do we do if she doesn't wake up? We can hardly help a rebellion without the princess. Will we go and find out what happend to the Sunking instead?"

"First off, we can't let those wanting a rebellion learn that there is something wrong with their princess. It'll only lower their morale. We'll have to make something up that's believable as to why she is not leaving her room. Even without her, I'm pretty sure we can still help a rebellion, and finding out what happened to the Sunking is also a good idea. The more we know the better," Luna replied, patting Illonea on the shoulder since the girl had calmed down.

"I'll go get that doctor," Lee volunteered, hoping down from his seat to rush out the door.

Illonea nodded. She hoped Lee could find a doctor quickly and that he'd be able to wake up the princess.

She sat down on a chair and looked worried.

"Won't they think their princess has stopped caring for them if she never shows herself?"

When Illonea came running down, exclaiming about the princess, Luna turned her attention to the female Drow and was shocked to hear what she said. She wasn't expecting the sobs from the girl, and as such she swiftly stood and was then wrapping her arms around Illonea.

"Shh," she whispered, "we'll get a doctor to come look at her. Calm down."

Zella, you and Veren can go ahead and stretch your wings. I'll have to join you later after the doctor looks at Illonea, she replied to the red dragon, also letting Veren hear the message too.

Veren nodded and stood, placing an hand on Zella's arm to gently lead her from the place. There wasn't much either of them could do, so for now it was best to let Luna and the others handle things.

She stood up with Veren, sending affection as a sort-of farewell for the moment, and allowed the other dragon to lead her away. With a pleasantly full stomach, she was happy enough to leave the place where the food was for flight. They stepped out into the street; there weren't that many people out, and the guards at the end had their gaze focused on the pair of them. Zella returned their stare, straightening and narrowing her eyes at the armed men. Red glinted in her eyes, and her canines lengthened, forcing her to loosen her lower jaw.

"What do they think they're doing?" she growled quietly, drawing a few looks from the people around them.

"Protecting the city, I'd wager." Illonea commented.

She had followed the dragon outside. Given the changes she was observing on her she supposed Zella was about to return to her dragonform.

"Not to be a spoilsport." she said in a low voice. "But are you sure it's wise to turn back in front of everyone and his dog?"