WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

((oh wow that's a lot of posts. um, so, Sapphire, Luna, Lee and whoever else is with them, what are they going to do? What Luna meant by move was go and talk to whoever was leading the rebels and whatever. Though it would be nice if Carlissa could post, or at least tell me ALL about Kamelon. Like, EVERYTHING, so then I know how to handle the situation and Luna can decide on a course of action. And since Luna is can be a jerk like this, she'd dump the princess with the rebels, keeping her out of the fighting and help make Kamelon how it once was before it was taken over. ^^))

Veren noticed that Zella had awoken, looking over at the other with a friendly gaze.

Did you sleep well? she asked the other dragon from where she sat next to the red dragonelle.

---

"We need to speak with whoever has been in charge," Luna said to the others, Lorpez and Illonea having already left. If they didn't want to stay, Luna wasn't going to make them. Syko being gone as well, wasn't a problem either. With those of their group that were left, they headed off to speak with the rebel leader. Luna wanted more information on the situation if she was going to help at all.

((Oh I almost forgot. Carlissa told me she has family problems and will be away for an indefinite time.))

((We'll have to make them up ourselves. There is no telling when she'll be back. Carlissa told me to just dragg Sapphira along instead of waiting for her.))

Illonea looked around again and discoverd that she didn't know the area.

There was the castle however and she thought she reacognized the cluster of run down buildings to the right.

"I am not quite sure." She admitted. "Let's find out." She heeded in the direction of the buildings she thought she reacognized and hoped Lorpez would say something if he thought she was moving into the wrong direction.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Lorpez sighed softly as she admitted to not knowing where they were. He had figured as much; he didn't know where they were himself. He blinked as Illonea began moving towards some buildings, quickening his pace to catch up. His dark eyes looked around, trying to find something that was familiar. In truth, he didn't reconize anything; it seemed all new to him. Lorpez frowned slightly, but didn't say anything. Worse come to worse they would find themselves outside the city; which would then lead them to only follow around the walls to find where they came in to figure out where they were suppose to go.

The crimson dragonelle glanced back to look at Veren. She grinned and replied, Great! Zella yawned widely, then returned her gaze to the black dragon. And you? she asked happily. The dragon looked at the yew tree and noticed the evil face in the trunk. She leaped back, letting out a loud yelp of surprise. Her wings flared open and she half-hid behind Veren. What the scales is that!? The dragonelle demanded to know, her head held high.

Roots shoot out of the ground and wrapped themselves around the dragons feet.

----

Illonea was pretty sure they were walking in the right direction until they turned a corner and stood in front of a rainbow coloured tower. Someone had broken the windows and thrown some dung at it but other then that it looked pretty well preserved compared to the rest of the city.

Illonea sighed. "No. I think I'd have remembered that one. We are lost. Any ideas?"

((blargh.

anyways, I'll post something. I got a bit caught up in the face that you and ND posted so much. XD Um, so since Carlissa is going to be away (I forgot she mentioned that...) I hope no one objects to me putting the princess with the rebels while the rest of them go off to help? Luna would probably see the princess as useless in helping with plans, even if it was her city (- to Sapphire or Carlissa).))

"Hm?" Veren inquired when Zella made her outburst, looking towards something as she hid behind Veren. Not too soon after roots shot out of the ground to grab them, surprising Veren.

Try and burn them and get to the sky! Veren shouted to Zella, before breathing flames towards the ground at her feet, burning away the roots. Her great wings stretched out, flapping with powerful beats which kicked up the dirt around them. Whatever was trying to grab them, she wasn't going to let it.

---

Luna and the others began to move through the dingy lit underground room in search or someone who was leading people around here. It was also a chance to see more of this place, even if it was, well, disgusting. Never before had Luna seen a place in a state like this, where death hung in the air so thick with a foul smell. She had been in infirmaries, but none were as bad as this.

Then, someone clad in leather armor, a sword at his side appeared before them, halting them in wandering.

"I heard that Princess Sapphina had arrived," he took in the presence of Sapphire who stood by Luna and quickly became humble, "I can show you to a place that's not as...bad, princess."

He gave a bow to her, pausing as he chose his words when he mentioned relocating them, before righting himself to lead the way for them. They followed after him, leaving the death behind them as they moved to an area that was meant for the healthy. It still smelled because they were underground, and Luna highly doubted that they washed regularly, but it was better than where they had come in from.

The man who led them eventually stopped at a door, which he then held open for his followers to enter. Judging by the furniture and items in the room, Luna suspected it to be where they made their plans, much like the war rooms she knew of, though on a smaller scale. Around the center table, which had a map of the city laid out on it, were other men that were talking and hardly noticed them entering. It wasn't until one noticed Sapphire and gasped her name out loud that the others took notice. The whole room was quite shocked to see their princess there, safe and pregnant, down here. Though they were unsure of the princess' company. An elf and a fairy weren't exactly that common around these areas.

Luna introduced themselves and explained all that had happened, telling them how they met Sapphire and then chose to accompany her back to Kamelon. She also made mention of the two large dragons that were waiting in the forest outside of Kamelon, and Sapphire confirmed it for them since the men found it hard to believe.

That all aside, it was time to get down to business: explaining the situation Kamelon was currently in.

The crimson dragon growled loudly, before belching out sheets of hot flames. She pulled back, trying to wrench her feet from the root's grip. Zella sent a tongue of flame toward the tree, setting it's leaves alight. The grass and moss around them was burning, too. A gust of wing from Veren's wings blew the ground fires out; Zella started to breathe long tongues of flame toward the roots around her paws again. She flapped, trying the pull away from the ground. She roared at the tree, sending another bit of fire it's way.

((Awww. I am so sorry!!! Please forgive me everyone!))

The flames licked at the trees and their roots, burning them and setting the dragons free. An anguished groan came from the trees as if they had voice and were mourning their demise. Black, poisonous smoke rose from the trees seeking to benumb the trees even as branches from other trees reached toward the two dragons.

((It's ok Laura-chan ^^))

Vigorously Veren flapped her wings to gain more height as she ascended into the sky. The trees continue to reached for them, and she burned any that got too close to her or Zella. What was wrong with these plants? Veren guessed magic was behind this, but first they needed to get away from the trees. But with the miles of forest around them, where could they land and not be bothered?

Edited by Kira1

She was free! The young dragon flapped vigorously, gaining altitude quickly. Veren continued to burn the trees that reached up to ensnare them, and Zella few in an arc over the black dragon.

What are we going to do? she asked her almost adoptive mother.

On another thought wave, the crimson dragon connected her mind to Luna's. She transmitted the entire event, starting from the face in the tree to where they were at that moment. She ended with a hurried thought; Danger!

The dragonelle flew in a circle, searching for a place to land. Everywhere she dipped her altitude, trees reached up for her, vines yearning to trap her.

(('s alright, Laura. :3))

Edited by WonderBubbles

Luna gasped as she heard the message from Zella in her mind, stopping what she was doing. Those around her looked at her with a worried expression, but she waved them off, staring at the ground as she replied to Zella.

What's wrong? What's happened? she quickly replied, calmly but worried.

Veren searched around for someplace to land since they couldn't fly forever. She motioned for Zella to follow her so they could find someplace to land. She headed in the direction of Kamelon, planning on going around it and trying to find someplace where it might be a bit safer. If all else failed, she might be able to use her magic to let Zella and her become invisible so they could land near Kamelon and not bother the people there.

Heaving a sigh, the crimson dragon sent her the experience, which was almost like a mental film. But it was imbued with the dragonelle's emotions and thoughts. We were attacked by the forest, Zella told Luna, in case the elf hadn't realised. The young dragon saw Veren motioning for her to follow, so she banked and wheeled around to play follow the leader. They were getting dangerously close to the city, and the dragon could see the archers pointing bows in their direction. If the small people thought the two massive dragons were going to attack, they would be in even more trouble.

You're alright, though, yes? Luna replied, understanding what happened, but was still worried.

Veren saw the archers, and swiftly used a spell to make her and Zella invisible and the archers lost sight of them. They lowered the bows and went on as if nothing had been there. Veren banked slightly to the right, heading towards one side of the city, instead of to where the main gates were.

The dragonelle replied with a mental affirmative, keeping her eye on the archers. A strange feeling came over her and she felt as though something inside her was trying to push her scales away. Zella growled, frowning and faltering in flight. Then she noticed she could only just see Veren; a faint shimmer in the air was all that was visible. Her surface tingling, the young dragon followed the shimmer in the sky. The older dragon seemed to be heading to one side of the city.

((I'm not particularly sure how... Wild Magic, was it? works, but I'm guessing that Zella's would try to resist other's magic being used upon her. x3))

((Bump? *has nothing to post, really*))

((hm, well I imagined the turning them invisible was like a barrier around them which distorted light. so then Zella would still see Veren. but whatever.

D: it's ok ND))

Veren landed to one side of the city in a place where there were no trees and instead a dirt clearing large enough for the two dragons. It was an old courtyard, now nothing but dirt and dust, with crumbled stone work here and there, as it had long since been forgotten and left unattended.

I think if we're going to move around Kamelon easier, we'll have to take eon human forms. I didn't want to since I prefer having my wings upon my back, but we probably should go to where Luna is now, Veren said to Zella, turning her gaze to the red dragon, you do know how to take on a human form, right?

((Oh, hell. x_x Sorry about that. Let's just pretend that's what happened. =D))

They landed in what seemed to be an old courtyard; there was nothing but dirt, dust and rubble. Zella deemed it reasonably safe to stay in. There were no visible plants to ensnare them now.

Veren's voice sounded within her head and she turned her attention toward her. The red dragon tilted her head and her eyes widened. I have no idea, she replied, slightly ashamed. I was never taught.

No trouble, Veren assured her, smiling kindly, it is not too hard to learn as long as you have some familiarity with magic. All you must do is imagine yourself in a human guise, any will do, and then say these words: an na firiath. As you do this, call upon your magic, and those words should shape it to do as you want. I will show you.

Veren spoke the words, an na firiath, and swiftly the figure of the great black dragon shrunk too quick to really recognize what was happening. Standing there where a dragon once had been, was now a voluptuous human beauty with long black hair and dark colored eyes. She wore a black tunic that looked to be made of a light-weight material that clung to her to show off her curves. She wore a simple pair of brown trousers as well along with a pair of brown boots.

"Your turn," Veren spoke out loud, testing out her voice, which sounded pretty much the same, except there was less power behind it now because of her small form. It still held the confidence that Veren always spoke with though.

Edited by Kira1

Zella listened to the older dragonelle with a slightly tilted head, and then watched closely as she changed into a human. For a human, she would've been considered highly attractive. The crimson dragon scratched her throat, thinking of how to summon her magic. Then, with a jerk, she remembered her specific category of power.

"I don't know if my magic will work the same as yours," she rumbled quietly. "It's Wild Magic."

The big dragon settled into a crouch and closed her eyes. She searched for the bright spark of dangerous, frightening power and begged for it's help. In her mind she whispered, an na firiath and she hoped for the best. The power surged through her, battling her mind and poking holes in her thoughts. Her tail twitched and her wings flared out as she sought for control.

She found it and pushed the magic into submission. Then, as swiftly as Veren, she was human. Her eyes were still red, her hair was a dark auburn and she wore a long, crimson dress. She examined herself delightedly, running her hands over her form with a new-found curiosity for herself. The dress was actually rather revealing, with a deep neckline, but it swished around her lower calves. Zella wore gladiator sandals instead of boots, with the straps encircling her legs up to the knee.

The woman rolled her shoulders, testing her muscles, and stretched her legs. She ran her hands through her hair and prodded her ears. When she was finished getting the feel of her new body, she turned to the other woman. Zella grinned at her, then tried to speak. "Hegh," was all that came out the first time.

Looking quite bewildered, she tried again. "This is interesting."

There. That was better. Zella played with the tongue in her mouth and the blunter-than-usual teeth. They were sharper than a normal human's, however. She also experimented quietly with sounds; her voice was strangely sultry in this form, an after-effect of the rumble it usually held.

Veren chuckled, a melodious sound, and inspected Zella's human form. She had to admit, they'd be an attractive pair of humans.

"It certainly is. You'll get used to it soon," she replied. She walked over to stand beside Zella and hooked arms with her. "Let's get going then."

With a gentle pull, Veren urged Zella to take a step forward towards the town where they'd be able to find Luna and the others. Veren could still feel their minds with hers which was good. That would make finding them a lot easier. She just hoped that no more tree roots or the like came after them. Veren could use her magic to defend them, but it was annoying to do so. Hopefully once amongst the people, no dark magic would bother them.

Edited by Kira1

Veren walked over to her and hooked her arm through Zella's. It was an odd feeling, the contact of skin not scales. Though it was a nice one, she preferred the normal toughness of her protective scales.

The older dragon-lady pulled her forward gently and she stumbled. Zella caught herself though, and straightened up. Blushing lightly from embarrassment, and not even aware she was doing so, the younger dragon tried to step forward again. Walking on two legs was a strange sensation, that she was having a little trouble with. She watched her sandalled feet, carefully lifting them and placing them on the ground to move forward.

((Lol. And here I thought I need to have a bad consciousness again, but you are still sepearted from the group wink.gif. Could you drop me a pm when you've reached the others?))