WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

((Thank you very much Bubbles!

Kira, Carlissa might have not posted in the RP but she pm'ed me (still in August) and said she couldn't post for some time to come. Maybe I should have delivered that more clearly.

((Oh I almost forgot. Carlissa told me she has family problems and will be away for an indefinite time.))

Anyway I understand that someone vanishing (and despite your kindness I am not happy about myself in that regard) can pose problems for the others. How about we rule that if someone goes MIA for ... let's say two weeks... their characters automatically become NPC until that person returns? ))

"Trees?" Illonea asked amused. "How could a try try to kill you? Did they let nuts drop on your heads?"

The drowgirl had a hard time imagining how anything could threaten the mighty dragons nevermind trees.

She shook her head so her silverbeads made their bell-like sound. "Ah, I guess it's a good thing wood can burn" she said. "But generally I agree. We better stay together now."

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Yeah, that's fine. It still annoys me, but whatever. It's Bubbles RP, she can do what she wants with those who are in her RP.))

"More like the trees were grabbing at us with their branches, which was most likely due to some dark magic," Veren replied to Illonea who made the comment about the tree dropping nuts on them, "and yes, we should stick together."

Luna looked amongst their group before speaking.

"Well, standing around will get us no where. Lee and I were about to go have some supper. Are the rest of you hungry?"

((That sounds good, Laura. I'll edit the rules after this. c:))

The dragon-lady chuckled at the female Drow's guess as to what the trees had done. It was amusing to imagine that little nuts could send a rather large dragonelle running for cover. Or, lack thereof, since that 'cover' could potentially try to kill them as well.

Zella's thoughts were broken by Luna's voice; the words made her grin.

"I am!" she announced happily.

Being a dragon, she had a large appetite. The deer that she'd consumed the day before were close to filling her, but more food was always welcome.

"Can we go somewhere with meat? Please?" Zella turned pleading eyes toward Luna.

"Has any of you the magic that would repair my bow?" Illonea asked. "If it was whole again I could easily shoot us some wildbread."

The drowgirl looked hopefully at the others. Her own magic didn't lend itself to fix things. She felt like one half of her was missing without it.

((If someones magic does allow for that I'd be grateful.))

The crimson-haired woman looked at the Drow apologetically.

"I'm sorry, I've used too much of my magic already," she told her sadly. "I don't think I could maintain this form and fix your bow at the same time."

Her barely leashed magic shuddered under her control and she willed it to settle. All that showed of the effort was a brief twitch of her brow. Her red eyes flicked to her rider.

"Luna?"

Speaking aloud was unnecessary, but Zella did it anyway, mostly for the rest of the group.

((ffffff, must post.))

"I could help with that," Luna said when it seemed like no one else had the magic to repair a bow. Her Elven magic would do just the trick to get Illonea's bow back in working order. With Illonea's permission, Luna took the bow into her hands and began to work her magic. She mumbled some words in the Elven language, her power swirling around the bow. The bow seemed to fix itself in Luna's hand without her having to move it at all. Once it was all fixed, Luna handed the bow back to Illonea with a smile.

"There, it should be good now. Now, how about some food? I'm sure Zella is quite hungry," Luna chuckled since before Zella had enthusiastically agreed to getting food.

Illonea's face fell when Zella spoke but it lightend up when Luna volunteered. Her eyes shining she watched the elf repairing the bow.

"YESS!!!!" Illonea literally jumped up and down, clapping her hands. "Thank you, Luna!" She flung herself in Luna's arms and hugged her. "You have no idea how much that bow means to me!"

---

((Please don't skip the night this time. Lot's of charries have used magic around this polluted area, so unless you are already in his power (see Lorpez and Illonea) you'll get a dream from the Shadowking tonight. It would be great if you could come up with your own dreams, but if you don't feel like that I'll do my best to cook something up for you. ))

Luna gave a gasp of surprise when Illonea suddenly flung herself towards the elf to hug her. At first she was very much surprised but then smiled.

"You're very welcome," she replied, returning the hug, "now, let's go get some food.

((I might do something for myself after I see what kind of dream you come up with Laura-chan.

And wow we need something to do because our posts are getting so short. XD Do you want to skip to the night?))

((might be a good idea *evil grin* So who has done magic since we arrived in Kamelon besides Illonea? I think the dragons and Luna. Is that correct? I don't believe Lee has cast any spells around.))

((He'll try to corrupt them. If there is any evil to be found in a heart (old envy, or hate for someone) he'll fan those into flame. If they can be tempted by greed or ambition they might see what they want to have with the unspoken assurance that they can have it if they just have enough courage to reach for the darker magics, which are waiting right at their fingertips.

If nothing presents itself he'll do with nightmares, sending dreams of failture and loss, the death of all the person loves and the feeling that unless one dares to reach for the dark magic there is no way to protect them.

That's why I'd vastly prefer it if you could write up those dreams yourself. I don't know enough about your backgrounds to know what is in their hearts. ))

((Oooohh~. Hate for someone you say...? >3 This'll be enjoyable.

Skipping to the night-time sounds good. c:))

((Yeah I think everyone but Lee has used magic recently. Since Luna just used magic to fix Illonea's bow, and Zella and Veren used magic to take a human form to escape from the trees.

These dreams sound fun : D))

Zella paused in front of a large building, dimly illuminated by the setting sun. It was an inn of sorts and the damaged sign read The Herb and Flower. She would have snorted, if she had the energy to expel her breath that fast. The lack of food and constant use of magic had worn her down slowly. With a mental prod at Luna, the dragon-woman indicated to the inn. Her stomach growled loudly and she put a hand on it, turning her face to stare piteously at her rider.

((Is the beginning of her dream ? Oh and can Illonea poison Sapphire like instructed? Not going to kill her but it would take her of the storyline for an indefinite time.))

((Nope. Just getting them fed and into bed. XD

Oh, you're asking me? o.o Uh, sure, yeah. ^^))

Edited by WonderBubbles

((I waited for a Luna post but since Kira probably waited for an Illonea post, I think it's time to stop waiting))

Illonea looked at the sign and sure enough Zella had been right. This was an in.

The drows stride had it's usual vitality, her silver beads singing out with every step she took. Her newly mended bow was tied securily to her back.

Head held high she marched into the 'Herb and the Flower'.

The inkeeper gave her a strange look but unlike the last inkeeper he didn't comment on her heritage and simply handed the keys for her room over after she had paid.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I was just being lazy >.>

And, Zella and Veren are still in the human forms they have taken.

And I'll just move things along if the rest of you don't mind.))

Luna gave Zella an understanding look, planning on securing food for their group within the inn. The room adjoining to the entrance of the inn was bar where food and drinks were served. Once everyone became situated with rooms, Luna led whoever was hungry to the bar. The group sat down at a round table, ordered food, and began to dig in as soon as it arrived. After the meal, they all went to their respective rooms for the night.

((BTW, Laura-chan, you said you knew all the details about Kamelon's current situation, yes? I know I was told some of it, but if you'd be so kind as to PM me that includes any important information, that would be great. ^^))

The woman stepped into her room, waving at her Rider as she went, with a full belly and a content smile on her tanned face. Her eyes briefly swept the room; door to a bathroom to the right, window looking down onto the street on the far wall, above a large bed. She stared at this last item of furniture for a few moments, trying to think of how exactly it was to be used. After quickly rifling through Luna's memories to find the now-simple process, she grinned and stepped over to the bed. Zella slipped under the covers and stretched out. It was very different from sleeping on grass, but it was a lot more comfortable. She still deemed it odd, though. After a short amount of time, the power draining at her energy finally pulled her under.

In the darkness, there were pinpoints of light. Zella wandered through the solid-seeming darkness toward the closest one, curiosity powering her strides. She was in her dragon form again; wings, scales and tail were all hers. A doorway formed around her and she easily walked through it, emerging into a strange scene. The skies were bright red, the ground was a dusty black and there was no vegetation. No trees, not a plant in sight and only bleached-white bones of animals. Zella swung her head around, frowning. Where was Luna, or Veren? She began to trot toward the horizon.

A boom sounded and shock-waves sent her into the dirt. She felt tiny and weak, as though she were a hatchling again. In front of her, as she scrambled to her paws, stood a massive grey beast. It was almost a dragon, but the mutations upon its body made it too hideous to be one of her kin. Oddly, the colour of its scales was the exact same as her old Alpha's. A shiver ran through her as she stared up and the snarling, drooling creatures head. It was glaring down at her, a vicious aura about it and glowing red eyes. Black shadows seemed to swirl around him and Zella shrank into the dust, trembling with fear.

His paw lifted and drew back, then swinging to hit her. Suddenly, she was out of her body and watching the scene from another's perspective. She watched the little, crimson hatchling be batted several hundred meters, before crumbling into a broken heap.

A voice resonated around her and within her. "You can avenge this, little Zella. You can hit him back, protect your precious, beloved Luna..."

The elf ran onto the scene as the big grey prepared to kill the baby dragon. She was waving her arms about, distracting the evil non-Alpha from the fatal bite. Zella tried to call out, to tell her she, her dragon, was safe, and that the other would kill her. Her words were stuck in her throat and she choked on them, unable to speak as the freak-dragon tore apart her rider.

"You can save her, if you accept my gift."

((Howzat?))

((Wonderful biggrin.gif))

Illonea knocked on Princess Saphira's door, but entered before the other one reacted.

The princess rubbed her eyes sleepily. "Illonea?"

"I heard you turning around in bed and figured you couldn't sleep" The drow girl replied. Her eyes looked a bit unfocused, but in the low light the candle provided, Saphira did not notice.

"I have brought you some warm milk with honey. That always helps me sleep."

"Thank you." Saphira replied and took the glass. "Seeing what happened to Kamelon and it's people upset me."

She started drinking the milk.

"Don't worry." Illonea said with a strange smile. "I'll guarantee you will be able to sleep after you've drunken your milk."

Saphira watched as Illonea left the room on silent feet and wondered if the drow-girls smile had been as strange as she had thought.

She took another sip, but she wasn't such a fan of milk so she left the rest of the glas untouched. Then she closed her eyes and just like Illonea promised sleep awaited her.

Her heartbeat slowed until it was barly perceptable.

---

Far away in the castle of Kamelon the shadowking smiled.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((...I guess I kind of...forgot to get into the loop of things...so...meh? What's going on? D: ))