WonderBubbles

The Shadow King's Return

"You'll get used to walking soon," Veren assured her, letting Zella use her as a support as she got used to her new legs. The black dragon walked as if she had been a human all her life.

"Now, we should meet up with the others and let them know that something is defintely wrong in this place," she continued.

((you wanna time skip to where Veren and Zella meet up with Luna and the rest of 'em?))

((For sure. c:

Fo' sho'!

/shot ))

"I hope so," Zella muttered, glancing up for a moment.

They were in a street, with buildings either side of them. There weren't many people around; that was good for the dragon-turned-human.

"Now, we should meet up with the others and let them know that something is defintely wrong in this place," Veren told her.

"I agree, it's creeping me out," the red-haired woman murmured, her red eyes flicking around.

((Time skip to where-ever the heck the group is.))

"There they are," Zella grinned, raising her hand in greeting.

She gave Luna's mind a light prod to attract her attention.

Illonea was pretty sure they were walking in the right direction until they turned a corner and stood in front of a rainbow coloured tower. Someone had broken the windows and thrown some dung at it but other then that it looked pretty well preserved compared to the rest of the city.

Illonea sighed. "No. I think I'd have remembered that one. We are lost. Any ideas?"

Illonea and Lorpez had wandered aimlessly for an hour or more. They had almost given up hope of finding the others when Illonea suddenly heard a familar voice.

"There they are,"

It took a moment for Illonea to recall where she had heard that particular voice before, because the last time she had heard it it had come out of a dragon's mouth.

"Zella?"

She griped her broken bow and started to run toward them.

((Swee, now I can actually post something...))

Lorpez remained quiet as they wandered, his mind elsewhere. He blinked as Illonea said something, his eyes turning to look in the direction she was mentioning, but the people he saw weren't familiar. "Zella?" he repeated the younger drow's question, cocking his head to the side, confused. He...didn't remember anyone named Zella... Frowning, he rubbed his forehead with two fingers as he walked after the running Illonea. No need to rush.

((Where should they be now?))

When Luna's mind was prodded by Zella's she expected the dragon to continue saying something, not to see two women, one with black hair and the other red, come towards her and Lee (and Syko?). She was surprised again to hear Illonea's voice not too far off and to her and Lorpez heading her way. Strange how she would meet up again with them like this.

"Zella? Is that you?" she asked to the red haired woman, glancing over at the black haired one. It certainly did seem like the dragons, but last time she checked dragons didn't look like humans.

Lee was also confused, though he did smile and wave in Illonea's direction.

((Errr... In the city streets? O_o Not sure.))

Her head swivelled in the direction her name first came from. She grinned, revealing her pointed teeth and waved at Illonea. She noticed that the female Drow's bow was broken and unusable. The dragon-lady wondered what had happened to it, then heard her name from a different person.

"Hey Luna!" Zella grinned. "Yeah, it's me. This is Veren, too."

The elf and the fairy seemed to be confused; she didn't blame them. She was supposed to be a dragon, not some weird human woman.

"Luna, Lee!" Illonea wasn't too sure about the dragons, but there was no doubt in her mind who Luna and Lee were. She rushed forward and hugged them.

"Lorpez and me got lost in the streets. We just couldn't find you anymore."

She turned to the red haired woman and gave her a shy glance. "I didn't know you could turn into a human, Zella."

The female Drow rushed forward and hugged Luna and Lee, and then explained their apparent absence. Zella tilted her head. They'd been lost? That couldn't have been good. Lorpez was pretty unstable just normally. Then Illonea turned to her, looking a little shy.

"I didn't know you could turn into a human, Zella," the little Drow told her.

"I didn't either!" Zella grinned. "Weird, isn't it? Two legs are so unusual."

Lorpez kept his distance away from the group, not too keen on jumping in. He watched the two new people; who turned out to be the dragons from before. The drow couldn't help but shift uncomfortably. Even if they were 'human' now, they were still dragons in his mind. His eyes traveled to the others of the group, taking in everything that they said. Even though he didn't want to be part of the conversation, he wanted to know what was at least going on.

((Syko is MIA at the moment, so he isn't with this little grouping. ))

((Yes... and I forgot to tell you: The shadowking ordered Lorpez to kill Saphire. And he ordered Illonea to kill Lorpez if he failed to obey.

Illonea did not cast one look in Lorpez direction. She followed the tinker silently. Her eyes were wide and empty.

The man lead the two drow out of the palace, back to his tinker cart. He bid them to wait and climbed up rumaging in his things.

When he came back he held several items.

The first was a silver bead which he exchanged for one of those Illonea used at the end of her tiny braids.

Then he held up a vial and gave it to Lorpez. "You'll pour that in princess Saphire's drink when she does not look. You'll ensure she and her unborn baby are dead."

Least he handed Illonea a bejeweled dagger. "If Lorpez fails or just hesitates to do his duty, you'll drive that through his heart. Do you understand me, Illonea?"

"Yes, master." Illonea said in a montone voice without blinking.

))

"No for me." Illonea said with a grin. "I am using them all the time. But you are doing well" Her grin turned mischievious. "Given that you are theoretically on a level with a toddler who has never walked before."

She turned to Luna. "Is Saphire still down with the rebels? They had been there when Lorpez suddenly had bolted and ran away. Illonea had followed him.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((sleep.gif Is she dead?

Did you guys do anything with Kamelon? Like reveal who the leader of the rebels was?))

((*sigh* Carlissa, they're not dead. If you would just pay attention to the RP, you would know what's going on. As for the rebel leader, I was going to have Luna meet him, I started it, but then things moved on, so I'm like okay no more of that. Now we're the streets. I can make a reason why Luna and Lee are up there. As for Sapphire, she's still underground with the rebels. They got her a room and stuck her in there because she's their princess, so they'll take care of her. I haven't actually posted them doing that, which is why I'm saying it now. I'm also having that happen because you are hardly ever here, so we need your character out of the way in order to make sure we can move on. otherwise, we'll be stuck for long periods of time wanting to move on, but having to wait for you because your character is the princess and I can just imagine the kind of things she'll do. I'm not being mean, I'm just stating how I feel about this. I've had it too many times where someone just leaves an RP or disappears for awhile without saying anything and they were in the middle of something. It really pisses me off. I'm the kind who can't stand to leave an RP alone once I begin. I can only leave only if I can slip my character out without ruining anything for anyone else.

*phew* okay, now that I've said all that.))

Luna soon came to terms with Zella and Veren being in human forms, but before she could say anything, Illonea ran over, hugging both her and Lee. The female drow then asked about Sapphire.

"Yeah, we left her with the rebels where she'd be safer," Luna answered, "Lee and I came out here to look for you and Lorpez since it had been awhile and we were worried. I'm glad you're alright. And Zella, I was also worried about you and Veren. Did something happen?"

Lee looked at Illonea and Lorpez with worry. There was something odd about them, something that was dark and evil. It was very similar to that man from before. He could tell something was defintely wrong. While Luna spoke with Zella and Veren, he took hold of Illonea's hand and looked up at her and Lorpez.

"I think we should all stick together for now, don't you? Kamelon isn't a very safe place right now."

((That's a speech and a half. o_o

MIA? *feels stupid*))

The dragon-turned-human smiled at her Rider.

"Yeah, the trees tried to kill us," she said lightly. "We're alright, though... the forest might be burning a little."

Her face turned toward the direction of the forest, where a pillar of smoke was rising into the air.

"Oh, scales," she murmured, her eyes widening. "It'll feel that in the morning."

Zella turned her attention back to the group and looked down at Lee. He was still short, but not as small as he'd seemed when she was in her other form. The dragon-lady giggled at that.

((MIA = missing in action

heehee, yeah, i kinda went on and on there...heh >w<

and I think I'll wait for some others to post~))

Lorpez looked down at Lee for a moment, before looking at the two dragons in human form and shuddered. "I don't think I'm going to take a liking to the two dragons that are human..." His eyes narrowed slightly, stepping back once to put some distance between him and them. "I-I'd rather wander lost in this city forever than to be stuck with those dragons around..."

((Whee, fail post fail; half asleep here ^^ ))

((lol it's ok ND :D

and Carlissa has just proven my point. She can't get online even once in three days. I mean, yes she could have work and school, but this was over a weekend when she might have had some time, at least an hour. Sorry if I seem mean and unreasonable, but this is more of a think of others kind of thing. If you can't get online a whole lot, don't make a commitment to an RP like she has done. And if you thought you could, but then couldn't then you should tell everyone and then leave the RP.

This may sound really mean, but I vote that we let Sapphire get killed by Lorpez unless you guys have another plan.))

"They're not that bad," Lee tried to reason, "have they harmed you at all? No, they haven't, so you should at least trust these two a bit more."

"Trees tried to kill you?" Luna repeated, a bit astonished, though this was a magical world. "Well, it's good that you're safe. Now we just have to worry about what we're going to do next."

She frowned a bit when she glanced at Lorpez because of what he said about wandering around by himself. She wasn't going to stop him, but she thought it would be better if they did stick together.

Edited by Kira1

((Lorpez =/= ND? x3

She was online, I saw her lurking a while ago... I'll send her a PM and, if I don't get a reply within a week, I'll tell her what's happened. All good with everyone?))

Zella raised her eyebrows at the Drow (and marvelled at her ability to do so).

"I'm just a, uh, slightly average human right now. I'm not going to eat you," the dragon-lady rolled her eyes. "I'm a lot less likely to attack you, since I have the coordination of a hatchling."

She smiled at the fairy and pointedly thanked him. Then she turned to Luna and nodded.

"Trees tried to kill us. There was a funny looking face in the bark of one of them, too," Zella mentioned as an afterthought.

((You saw nothing >.>

Yeah, that's fine with me, Bubbles. ^^

And I think I'll wait for some others to post like Laura-chan))

((lol it's ok ND biggrin.gif

and Carlissa has just proven my point. She can't get online even once in three days. I mean, yes she could have work and school, but this was over a weekend when she might have had some time, at least an hour. Sorry if I seem mean and unreasonable, but this is more of a think of others kind of thing. If you can't get online a whole lot, don't make a commitment to an RP like she has done. And if you thought you could, but then couldn't then you should tell everyone and then leave the RP.

This may sound really mean, but I vote that we let Sapphire get killed by Lorpez unless you guys have another plan.))

"They're not that bad," Lee tried to reason, "have they harmed you at all? No, they haven't, so you should at least trust these two a bit more."

"Trees tried to kill you?" Luna repeated, a bit astonished, though this was a magical world. "Well, it's good that you're safe. Now we just have to worry about what we're going to do next."

She frowned a bit when she glanced at Lorpez because of what he said about wandering around by himself. She wasn't going to stop him, but she thought it would be better if they did stick together.

((Well, Carlissa said she had really big real life troubles and if she feels a bit like I do at the moment I can fully understand her. This year I was hit by one disaster after an other and this weekend my father died. I do want to post, I actually feel like I need to, to find solace for a bit, but my head is so ugly I don't get anything done. I know it's annoying, but please don't get angry about this kind of thing. We can work around Saphira and I do hope you'll be able to work around Illonea too, if I don't get rid of that block soon. *Leaves a hug behind* ))

((Yes, I can understand some real life troubles, but at least you, Laura-chan, frequently post. Unlike Carlissa, who had posted in the beginning but then we have to wait weeks upon weeks before she posts again, and we've all moved along. You, Laura-chan, have the knack for putting your character in an ideal place to get them out of the way for awhile and let us move on with our characters, even if you didn't do it on purpose. And you also post as frequently as you can. Your last post wasn't that long ago, so I'm not upset with you at all. I wish you could post now, since I'd like to read Illonea's reply, but if you can't that's alright. Just please get to it as soon as you can.

I had tried to be patient with Carlissa, but my patience can only run so far. She had said she had real life problems the last time she had posted and that she hardly had any time. And then we didn't hear from her until now.

Let's have a little review, shall we?

I have been waiting for a reply from Carlissa since August 16th (The post of hers I had replied to)

There was a point before that where Carlissa had posted on Aug. 2nd, and I didn't reply until Aug. 6th.

Before her post on August 2nd, there was one on July 31st. Before that, it was July 6th.

Do you see why I want her either to bow out of the RP or remove her ourselves? First, there was that month gap, and then I don't hear from her until just last week! It's been about 3 months!

I don't think I have ever had to wait 3 months for you to post Laura-chan.

So, I know we should be sympathetic towards real life problems as they do tend to keep people away from the internet. But after 3 months, she might have had some time to check this RP and post something. Anything. Even something in OoC to let us know she is still here and sorry that she hasn't been able to post, and tell us to work around her character because she doesn't know when she'll have a chance. Now just show up out of the blue and go "oh sorry, so where are we?" (I know those aren't her exact words but it's how it seems to me.)

And do you think I don't have any problems in real life? I'm going to school right now. I have homework. I have tasks around the house that need to be done. I have friends who deserve my attention not just over the internet. I have family that gets together every now and then. And right now I should be studying for my final exams, making my bed (two since I have bunk beds and the bottom needs clean sheets), cleaning my room, and packing because I'm going to San Francisco for the weekend. I also have a rabbit that needs my attention because she is living in my room in her cage, and I don't want to leave her forgotten because rabbits need stimulation.

Okay, yes, I ranted. It's long. O.o Sorry, I had to state my view point because I'm just get sick and tired of this crap.))