purplehaze

20-Week Breeding Challenge: 2024 -- The Challenge has begun!

I can be very careful.... But yes; I might use the random thread....

6 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Wow, what language is that and what is the song? Is there a link where we can listen to it? 🎶

Yes, absolutely! It's Arabic, and this is a lyric video with translation! It was stuck in my head a lot when we started the challenge a few weeks ago, so I decided to go with it. 😊

1 hour ago, dracornithologist said:

Yes, absolutely! It's Arabic, and this is a lyric video with translation! It was stuck in my head a lot when we started the challenge a few weeks ago, so I decided to go with it. 😊

Very nice!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): My new egg

What Gen are you on now?: 6

Been busy lately

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Egg!!

What Gen are you on now? 4

Mistimed my breeding today, and was egglocked, so the egg was auto abandoned ;(

But it was the wrong species so I was going to abandon it anyway! ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

1 hour ago, Gosling said:

Mistimed my breeding today, and was egglocked, so the egg was auto abandoned ;(

But it was the wrong species so I was going to abandon it anyway! ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Oh no! At least it sounds like it worked out though?

Posted (edited)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/eaAwp

What Gen are you now?: 6

I guess my inability to have an egg a day earlier has caught up, since I've had the correct egg and every week and people are getting gen 7 already :P

Edit: I've shuffled the sizes of some of the Deltas, so once I breed this egg, I'm going to enlarge it.

Edited by euphoric_poptarts

Ugh, just realised I'm going to be in the middle of a dress rehearsal for "Harvey" when I need to be breeding my next generation . . . 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Ugh, just realised I'm going to be in the middle of a dress rehearsal for "Harvey" when I need to be breeding my next generation . . . 

Is there a particularly helpful Assistant Stage Manager who could have your account open on a device backstage for you? 😜 Even though I worked in theater - lighting - I still never know the best way to extend best wishes for a show; whether people want to be wished a broken leg or not! (One time my husband (who did theater - performance - himself) said "Break a leg" to me before a light hang and I was horrified. I was about to climb some very tall ladders!!) So, break a leg OR have a very nice show - however you prefer to receive best wishes!

Edited by dracornithologist

Posted (edited)

Another 2 hour slip - just back from rehearsal ;)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Without the clue of motion

What Gen are you on now?: 8

10 hours ago, dracornithologist said:

Is there a particularly helpful Assistant Stage Manager who could have your account open on a device backstage for you? 😜 Even though I worked in theater - lighting - I still never know the best way to extend best wishes for a show; whether people want to be wished a broken leg or not! (One time my husband (who did theater - performance - himself) said "Break a leg" to me before a light hang and I was horrified. I was about to climb some very tall ladders!!) So, break a leg OR have a very nice show - however you prefer to receive best wishes!

Breeding two specific dragons that I wouldn't have been able to set up in advance would have been a bit complicated to explain to somebody who has never seen DC and, to be perfectly honest, DC entirely slipped my mind.  I've literally just got home having been at the theatre for more than 8 hours.  Two runs today with a break for lunch.  Required total concentration 😉.  And, yes, break a leg, is still said all the time.  The explanation that I've usually heard is that the leg relates to the rope that opens and closes the curtains.  So lots of curtain calls, repeatedly opening and closing the curtains for more bows, may cause the leg/rope to break.  Of course, the thing you must never do in a dressing room is whistle. or mention the Scottish play by name :D 

On 6/7/2024 at 5:27 PM, dracornithologist said:

That's a very melodious and haunting tune, dracornithologist.

Edited by LadyMadonna

Posted (edited)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Lalo streak continues

I want to try and get in some rarer breeds next... might be shooting myself in the foot but then again, this Lalo bloodline is so strong. I think I'm gonna risk it.

Edited by Zonnedauw

Week 5 standings are posted.

5 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

And, yes, break a leg, is still said all the time. 

i've also seen the dad joke explanation that when someone is auditioning to say 'break a leg' so they end up in the cast! XD 

..... I'll see myself out XD 

Posted (edited)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): eggie

Edited by missy_

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof: The Skip Egg

What Gen are you on now?: 6

My dragons no egged me last week but now we are back on track. 😭

Bred and no egged me.  I'm still stuck on Gen 4.  :P

3 hours ago, simkim said:

Bred and no egged me.

Very inconsiderate of them! ;)

@Zonnedauw Did you not post your G7 egg or did I miss it? No matter -- I have you caught up now -- but I am just hoping I didn't miss a post. I am keeping a running list as it goes so I don't have to catch it all up on Sundays.