purplehaze

20-Week Breeding Challenge: 2024 -- The Challenge has begun!

Huh ? If a red isn't up for incubate, it won't show as available. You need a new red every time - the CD is 14 days. So what have you been "wasting" ?

Ummmm ward wore off and it's still sick... This is very bad. *bites nails*

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Huh ? If a red isn't up for incubate, it won't show as available. You need a new red every time - the CD is 14 days. So what have you been "wasting" ?

I think @euphoric_poptarts just meant that since the mate won't be available yet, anyway, it is pointless to incubate the egg to let it grow up faster.

My hatchie should grow up about 13 hours before my first NR egg hatches to give me an egg slot. I am already seriously behind. :(

Edited by purplehaze

42 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ummmm ward wore off and it's still sick... This is very bad. *bites nails*

i fogged my hatchie, and now he's not sick anymore.  i'll unfog him tomorrow when he goes into hatcheries.

hopefully yours gets better soon.

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I think @euphoric_poptarts just meant that since the mate won't be available yet, anyway, it is pointless to incubate the egg to let it grow up faster.

My hatchie should grow up about 13 hours before my first NR egg hatches to give me an egg slot. I am already seriously behind. :(

Ohhhhh. OK, got it.

And mine is fogged too - but still....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Posted (edited)

@purplehaze I am quite behind as well, since I've been so busy the past couple of weeks--just egg-locked myself with NRs before remembering that I have a project to get to XD I suppose I'll either try to breed after they hatch or abandon one of them once the five hours is up. We'll see how it goes /shrug

Edited by dinsfire24
added info

It is healed. Praise be.

Posted (edited)

Yep, mine is better, too.  The pattern on my fall back is currntly better than on my challenge egg, but that could change with the next breed - so keeping them both going.  @euphoric_poptarts, do you have to use the same dragon - wouldn't it be better to have at least one other so that you can still use indubate?  I can see that your Kyanite male is a 5 May steal, but the challenge only stipulates that you need to use one of those in the first generation.

Edited by LadyMadonna

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): New Egg

What Gen are you on now?: 3

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof: Yay, I got eggie!

What Gen now: 3rd

I wasn't able to breed until this evening, lol.  

My dragons decided to be stubborn from the begining :dry:

After no egg last week, they finally gave an egg yesterday:

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/7esD9

What Gen are you on now?: 3

Hope future offsprings will be more cooperative.

On 5/22/2024 at 1:56 PM, purplehaze said:

Yes, this is what I meant. :) I have very few Reds, so setting one on cooldown for 2 weeks isn't ideal.

On 5/22/2024 at 6:08 PM, LadyMadonna said:

@euphoric_poptarts, do you have to use the same dragon - wouldn't it be better to have at least one other so that you can still use indubate?  I can see that your Kyanite male is a 5 May steal, but the challenge only stipulates that you need to use one of those in the first generation.

I could, but then it wouldn't be as inbred as I want. ;)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/J74Ja

What Gen are you on now?: 4

Posted (edited)

I'm seriously starting to rethink my lineage choice. 

Out of my 5 initial breeding attemps (main and back up lines), I've had 1 no egg, 3 wrong eggs and 1 correct egg.  So I'm still at 2G. 🙄

Edited by Frej_the_Gold

1 hour ago, euphoric_poptarts said:

Yes, this is what I meant. :) I have very few Reds, so setting one on cooldown for 2 weeks isn't ideal.

I could, but then it wouldn't be as inbred as I want. ;)

I did one one year using alternate mates. I like inbreds too.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/hqcGR

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/94AhZ

What Gen are you on now? 5

Woo format worked on my phone this time when I copied it! The egg luck continues this week, but for how long?

You'll keep getting them, as they are new. Just as my checker lineage with Hooded Murklings is stalled as I CANNOT get the other breed (Hellfires) !

Ah that explains it, I didn't realize the effect would be this strong! But it's on murklings as well? They've been released for a while, right?

Clearly Not Long Enough :( 

Generally the newer the breed the more it dominates, but some breeds are just super-common, so they tend to dominate, too.