Shadowdrake

Add trade ban strike counter

Since we're having a debate on trade hub rules again, my suggestion is to add text saying what strike a player is on once they have at least 1 strike, clearly and visibly on its own line in the teleport UI. Since 3 strikes are permanent, and by the debate going on re: rules people have different ways to understand the rules, giving people a chance to be more cautious would be gracious.

I also strongly recommend that rulebreaking trades stay archived in Help instead of being deleted after some time in order to be accessible for people with bad memory. This also prevents the case of players being hit with an overly late retroactive ban and not having any info on which trades did it due to being expired.

Also, either players have misremembered what they got banned for and accidentally get a third strike when they could only recall their first, or the strikes can be cumulative all at once if a person reposts a rulebreaking trade. If it's the former, adding this suggestion would help, and if it's the latter, well, I strongly recommend a cooldown on strikes so a person can only be warned for 1 strike per temporary ban and not be permabanned in one day.

Support for this idea. While I've never encountered the issue myself, I seem to see it happen all too often. 

I think the ONLY thing I would suggest as a slight addendum to this is allowing a skipping of the strike system and going straight to banning if the offense is egregious enough (for example, the horrible racist messages on the hub awhile back). Other than that, full support. 

I don't see any obvious downsides to this. Keeping a history for previous infractions (perhaps an infraction history could even incorporate stuff like description or naming infractions too) is especially useful for something that eventually could result in permanent disabling of a feature.

Support, there's no downside to it. I also support adding "strike history" with trade message that resulted in the strike recorded as well as a "reason it breaks the rule" note, so that it's clearer to people why they were banned

This seems smart and reasonable, I like it. Big thumbs up from me.

Full support, no downsides, will help clarify a lot of things and allow users to always know what strikes they're on

This seems like a much more clear and efficient system than what is currently in place. Support. 

Posted (edited)

Complete support!

Would save some grief and also give a bit better of a paper trail if users need to reference it or appeal a warn.

Edited by KageSora

full support!

Support. Should be easy enough - we already have it for forum warns.

Support fully. A warn/ban history would do wonders. Yes please!

Support. Also think it would be nice if strikes had an expiration date, or if players were given a longer ban at 3 strikes (with exceptions for extreme cases ofc).

See the rules thread - part of this is happening (stepped bans), as well as other good stuff..

1000% support. It would be nice to see it mirror the warn system on the forums.