Metafarers

Times Abandoned Counter?

Okay I thought of this idea and have no idea what everyone might think, so if you don't like it, I understand.

What if on a dragon's page it showed the number of times it was abandoned? This could create another piece of unique info for collectors, both those who want low, or specific numbers, or those who want to get really high numbers! Also would just be interesting for eggs that get passed around a lot in the AP to have something that makes them special, even if they are messy. Thoughts?

This sounds interesting just as a statistic to have, I'd be ok with this! Although I just like having statistics in general :) I'm not sure if it would generate extra value though.

I don't know about this adding value, but this does sound like an interesting marker to have

If this is a new statistic, people will probably find dragons with lower abandon times more valuable. It would be really interesting, though would the already existing dragons have this statistic? On one hand, it'd be cool to see how many times the dragons have been abandoned, but on the other hand would the site have the data for the abandonment statistics of pre-existing dragons?

When the Encyclopedia was added it didn't import data about viewed/raised/owned dragons from before its implementation, so my guess is this would the the same--data would be available strictly from when it was added onwards.  So any eggs or unfrozen things that existed would be able to have such counters if they were abandoned after it was added (even if they were generated before), but frozen and adult entities would not.

statistics are always interesting to have, but if it had a similar effect to the encyclopedia thing mentioned above it wouldn't be adding much. too many dragons would be left with a permanent probably-incorrect number on their page, and it isn't an interesting enough statistic to add after 17 years of dragons it wouldn't apply to

though, if there's a way to have it apply to a majority of older dragons, it could be a neat thing to have. i wonder how far people would go trying to get a super high number?

1 hour ago, Dizzywing said:

if there's a way to have it apply to a majority of older dragons, it could be a neat thing to have.

The thing is, it's probably all or nothing.  The data either does or doesn't exist.  If it does exist it can probably be applied to all existing dragons, if it doesn't exist then there's no data to retroactively display.  I can't really see a logical situation where the data does exist but is only used for a majority of older dragons instead of all, though I suppose it is possible.

4 hours ago, Cinnamonear said:

It can be a BSA

why and how??... also it's better to pick or come up w a dragon and then to suggest a BSA rather than coming up with a "this would be a good bsa option!" and then shoehorning a dragon into it. 

For it to be a BSA would require a dragon that makes sense lore-wise, and I don't think we currently have any dragons that would necessarily make sense for that?  It would also require the permission of the original creator(s) of the breed.

If it was a BSA maybe it could be for the Script Dragon? They are magi users, so it could be like they summon up the dragon's past? Or maybe for the Vremya Drake, since they have the time element, and can probably use their magic to show a dragon's past?

Script Dragons have nothing in their lore that indicates they'd have magic that would summon up a dragon's past information, though.  There's lots of magic-using dragons, so that alone wouldn't really be a strong reason to single out any given dragon.  Vremya Drakes also lack anything that would clearly make sense for this--their magic is more instinctive than intentional, and they don't reveal the past.  Their encyclopedia entry mentions time loops and minor precognitive abilities specifically.  There's also other dragons affiliated with time but based on either the info in their adult bios and/or the encyclopedia (where applicable) none of them really seem to have the ability to read the past.

Honestly, this really doesn't even seem like the kind of info you'd need a BSA for?  It could easily just be another stat that gets tracked--but, again, it'd probably not be retroactive and making it a BSA wouldn't make it more likely to be retroactive.  (If, for example, the data simply doesn't exist then there's no possible way you could implement this feature that would produce that information retroactively)

Then you need to create a dragon to have that BSA, as on the whole BSAs are not added to existing dragons.

Sounds interesting. I'd rather it be added in an update and not a BSA if it does get implemented. 

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Then you need to create a dragon to have that BSA, as on the whole BSAs are not added to existing dragons.

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Sounds interesting. I'd rather it be added in an update and not a BSA if it does get implemented. 

I do agree my initial idea shouldn't be a BSA I just like the idea of a hidden stat as a BSA interesting.

It would be interesting information to have,

there are several things we don’t know that would be neat to know, like how many times a dragon had attempted to breed vs successfully bred,

but I agree that a bsa seems to add more of a complication to the idea…. Like if it’s a bsa and you were to use it, would it permanently show on the dragons info page? Or would it just tell you the one time like precog?

It’s not something that I need or would necessarily effect my breeding plans, but I’m rarely opposed to having more information 🧐

but like it’s been mentioned, if it only applies to dragons starting now, then it’s going to be a touch frustrating.

I know I was frustrated when I had to take a hiatus and came back and a bunch of dragons weren’t in my encyclopedia that I’m pretty sure where there before 🤷‍♀️