Eidos

BSA Distribution Committee- Helping New Scrolls Get BSAs!

7 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Hello! Edenello has already accepted my offer! We should probably have a system where you edit your request once accepted. That’s really great of you to offer, though!

If you would like to offer it to someone else that is alright with me @baoser, but I don't mind having a second breeding pair to help out with purples later.

It may be a good idea to list how many of a dragon you are looking for as well to avoid confusion. Sorry I didn't think of that with my initial post.

Edited by Edenello

Looking at the bulletin board, it also seems like dracornithologist would be more then willing to take that purple off your hands if you are still offering @baoser

I updated the bulletin board to reflect that you aren't currently accepting! If you are looking for a new request at any time, (or if anyone is), I feel like it makes sense to both/either post a new request as well as update your initial request post? I'll keep a look out for people specifically mentioning any changes in what they're accepting - maybe a rule should be that requesters update either in thread or by PM?

6 minutes ago, Edenello said:

It may be a good idea to list how many of a dragon you are looking for as well to avoid confusion. Sorry I didn't think of that with my initial post.

Maybe an addition to the registry form of 

Multi-offer: (Y/N)

and to the request form of 

Accepting multi-offer: (Y/N)
If Y, how many are you looking for?: ( ), or unknown

5 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Looking at the bulletin board, it also seems like dracornithologist would be more then willing to take that purple off your hands if you are still offering @baoser

I'm definitely happy to accept purples, but I'm egglocked at the moment and won't be able to accept anything but a hatchling for a bit - I'd be happy for the purple to go to someone else, but I really appreciate the thought!

13 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

Maybe an addition to the registry form of 

Multi-offer: (Y/N)

and to the request form of 

Accepting multi-offer: (Y/N)
If Y, how many are you looking for?: ( ), or unknown

If yall decide to allow multiple requests at once you should probably decide on a maximum number of eggs people can request at a time so there aren't month-long running requests like "I need 15 pinks" when people don't actually have the capacity for that amount of eggs.

@Eidos I'm not suuuper happy with this banner but i'll share it anyway while i work on making another one for this board

qStzBnD.png

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192005-bsa-distribution-committee/][img=https://i.imgur.com/qStzBnD.png][/url]

Edited by blinkdog

1 minute ago, blinkdog said:

If yall decide to allow multiple requests at once you should probably decide on a maximum number of eggs people can request at a time so there aren't month-long running requests like "I need 15 pinks" when people don't actually have the capacity for that amount of eggs.

Definitely. Maybe no more than 4 at a time? i.e. the minimum max limit of eggs for a scroll that has no trophy yet. So maybe in the line for the request form it would say 

Accepting multi-offer: (N / up to 4)

if that makes sense? Setting people up with two baseline breeding pairs!

5 minutes ago, blinkdog said:

people can request at a time so there aren't month-long running requests like "I need 15 pinks" when people don't actually have the capacity for that amount of eggs.

Oh wow uh, i hope that would not happen! I have seen breeding, gifting using a “I want to update my request” form, so will check that out. I would say as long as we are still a small group there should only be one active request at a time, but on the longer form we could talk about others we would accept if offered?

Edited by Eidos

That sounds good to me. Did we decide to set a limit as well on how many BSA dragons one can have? That might go hand in hand with the multi-offer limit.

1 hour ago, blinkdog said:

I'm not suuuper happy with this banner but i'll share it anyway while i work on making another one for this board

Oh my gosh I love it!! I’m such a new user that I don’t even know how to use banners but I think it’s great! Incidentally, if you could explain how to use banners that would be great!

1 hour ago, Edenello said:

That sounds good to me. Did we decide to set a limit as well on how many BSA dragons one can have? That might go hand in hand with the multi-offer limit.

I am wondering about that- I think a good limit depends on the breed. I would think that having around 4 (like dracornithologist said) of a breed would mean you wouldn’t need the BSAD Committee’s help, especially since you could breed your own more reliably after that.

Edited by Eidos

36 minutes ago, blinkdog said:

I'm not suuuper happy with this banner but i'll share it anyway while i work on making another one for this board

qStzBnD.png

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/192005-bsa-distribution-committee/][img=https://i.imgur.com/qStzBnD.png][/url]

This is excellent, and I'm adding it to my signature immediately! Thank you so much! 

Just now, Eidos said:

Oh my gosh I love it!! I’m such a new user that I don’t even know how to use banners but I think it’s great! Incidentally, if you could explain how to use banners that would be great!

It's just a little thing people can put in their signatures if they want to advertise for a specific board ^^ like how you have the little dragon sprites, but if they click on it it'll lead to the front page of this topic! The BSA Breakfast Club has a bunch of examples. Typically folks will have a list of banners for their topic somewhere on the first post.

Gone! Enjoy your egg @Eidos!

Free to take!
Dropping: Magi Egg, Claim my egg!
Notes: 2g PB, was testing if a breeding pair would work and it was successful! I can now breed magis reliably once a week.

Edited by Edenello

26 minutes ago, blinkdog said:

It's just a little thing people can put in their signatures if they want to advertise for a specific board ^^ like how you have the little dragon sprites, but if they click on it it'll lead to the front page of this topic! The BSA Breakfast Club has a bunch of examples. Typically folks will have a list of banners for their topic somewhere on the first post.

Lovely! I will put it in my signature then! :)

19 minutes ago, Edenello said:

Free to take!
Dropping: Magi Egg, Claim my egg!
Notes: 2g PB, was testing if a breeding pair would work and it was successful! I can now breed magis reliably once a week.

I would take that magi egg! I used up both of mine just on this thread today XD 

Now I can have a breeding pair as my two are related!

1 hour ago, Eidos said:

Lovely! I will put it in my signature then! :)

Also, so you know, you can highlight the image in your signature and use the link button in the text editor (at least on PC, I'm not sure about mobile) to link to the first page of the thread, so people can find it easily! @blinkdog , if it's alright with you both, I can add an 'art posted' section to the bottom of the billboard along with instructions for people to use this banner and any other art we get along the way!

3 minutes ago, dracornithologist said:

Also, so you know, you can highlight the image in your signature and use the link button in the text editor (at least on PC, I'm not sure about mobile) to link to the first page of the thread, so people can find it easily! @blinkdog , if it's alright with you both, I can add an 'art posted' section to the bottom of the billboard along with instructions for people to use this banner and any other art we get along the way!

yep ^^ feel free to use it however

I would like to volunteer for the BSA Distribution Committee!

Forum Username: zippuzzle

Dragoncave Username: zippuzzle

Link to Scroll: link!

Link to BSAD Committee Dragons: BSA Breeding Group - I do breed these for the BSA Breakfast Club most Tuesdays, so that's usually where the cooldown is. I'm happy to breed for a specific BSA dragon, and will go through ready pairs until I get a successful match, but, because they are often exceedingly contrary, I can't guarantee which parents will actually give an egg. Some are purebred, some are even-gen, many of them are messy.

52 minutes ago, zippuzzle said:

I would like to volunteer for the BSA Distribution Committee!

Forum Username: zippuzzle

Dragoncave Username: zippuzzle

Link to Scroll: link!

Link to BSAD Committee Dragons: BSA Breeding Group - I do breed these for the BSA Breakfast Club most Tuesdays, so that's usually where the cooldown is. I'm happy to breed for a specific BSA dragon, and will go through ready pairs until I get a successful match, but, because they are often exceedingly contrary, I can't guarantee which parents will actually give an egg. Some are purebred, some are even-gen, many of them are messy.

Yay! You are added to the list! Thanks!

Please take only one of them per person. Thank you ❤️

Free to take!
Dropping: White Dragon hatchling
Notes: This one has been influenced female, to continue the checker. White Dragons give the Ward BSA which helps protect your eggs if/when they are sick.

Enjoy @Edenello ❤️

Free to take!
Notes: This one has been influenced male, to continue the checker. White Dragons give the Ward BSA which helps protect your eggs if/when they are sick.

Enjoy ❤️

Edited by zippuzzle

43 minutes ago, zippuzzle said:

Please take only one of them per person. Thank you ❤️

Free to take!
Notes: This one has been influenced female, to continue the checker. White Dragons give the Ward BSA which helps protect your eggs if/when they are sick.

Grabbed the female so that I can now have a breeding pair, thank you!

Wondering about how to get the word out to new players about the group, but I also am not sure many of us are ready for lots of requests anyway 

23 minutes ago, Eidos said:

Wondering about how to get the word out to new players about the group, but I also am not sure many of us are ready for lots of requests anyway 

I think the word will spread with time, banners in signatures can also help. Even if it's just us right now helping each other build up our BSA stock so we can breed more for others I see it as a useful endeavor, as that way if we do have more people using the thread we can be ready to help! 😁

53 minutes ago, Edenello said:

I think the word will spread with time, banners in signatures can also help. Even if it's just us right now helping each other build up our BSA stock so we can breed more for others I see it as a useful endeavor, as that way if we do have more people using the thread we can be ready to help! 😁

That’s a good point! 

1 hour ago, Eidos said:

Maybe include it in the title as well? 'BSA Distribution Committee - Helping New Scrolls get BSAs' is a long title, but it might make it a little more inviting to new players to click? I know I felt pretty overwhelmed by the forum when I first saw it (though my mentor helped a ton <3) and seeing something geared more specifically towards new players might've made me more inclined to start there?

1 minute ago, zippuzzle said:

Maybe include it in the title as well? 'BSA Distribution Committee - Helping New Scrolls get BSAs' is a long title, but it might make it a little more inviting to new players to click? I know I felt pretty overwhelmed by the forum when I first saw it (though my mentor helped a ton <3) and seeing something geared more specifically towards new players might've made me more inclined to start there?

Oh yes that seems good! 

I picked up a magi egg from the AP (thanks person who did that) so I can get more teleports going eventually! If the genders work out I’ll have 2 breeding pairs when these 2 eggs mature so I can start putting lots up!

4 minutes ago, Eidos said:

I picked up a magi egg from the AP (thanks person who did that) so I can get more teleports going eventually! If the genders work out I’ll have 2 breeding pairs when these 2 eggs mature so I can start putting lots up!

Nice! I'm hoping my magi hatchie genders female so that I can have a second breeding pair as well. I'm also hoping my personal lineage I'm using all my CB pinks for will make the right eggs for the next generation soon so that I can try to use them as a breeding pair.